What time should Generation VI take place? - Page 3

View Poll Results: When will Generation VI take place?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will be another sequel so after Generation V

39 60.94%
  • It will be the first prequel so before Generations I/III

3 4.69%
  • At the same time as a previous generation so there could be remakes

17 26.56%
  • Other, please specify

5 7.81%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What time should Generation VI take place?

Default Re: Timeline for Generation VI

Back on the topic of timeline.

I think Euro takes place shortly after Unova.

So far we have:
    Kanto/Hoenn
    Johto/Sinnoh
    So it's only logical for a Unova/Euro with a slight time difference
    Or they could be doing it like the originals and Unova's timeline will take place at the same time as Gen 7's Region and Euro will take place at the same time as the Gen 8's Region.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I may clarify a few things: all this only 151 Pokemon exist, we discovered two new types and 100 new Pokemon, the new region of Johto bullshit was retconned by the remakes. All dialogue and mentions of these facts were removed with the introduction of the Hoenn region and the remakes.

Also to keep on topic I believe that this new Gen will take place one year after BW2 if the year of released theory is correct.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Blog Entries

Here's a thought: Aren't Black and White AU's of each other? (As in, the timeline split and each is canon in its own verse and not the other.)

Sure, it's the same for every pair, but never to BW's extent. Third versions blend the two together, and become the 'canon' game.
    Evidence: Platinum and Emerald were referenced (Cynthia mentions Giratina, and Wallace is a champion.)

I want to think XY either comes before BW, or is unrelated to them. If they were sequels or even midquels, they'd have to be aligned with those verses as well. And if the hypothetical Z appears, neither Unovaverse would be allowed to be referenced in a way that kills the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Here's a thought: Aren't Black and White AU's of each other? (As in, the timeline split and each is canon in its own verse and not the other.)

Sure, it's the same for every pair, but never to BW's extent. Third versions blend the two together, and become the 'canon' game.
    Evidence: Platinum and Emerald were referenced (Cynthia mentions Giratina, and Wallace is a champion.)

I want to think XY either comes before BW, or is unrelated to them. If they were sequels or even midquels, they'd have to be aligned with those verses as well. And if the hypothetical Z appears, neither Unovaverse would be allowed to be referenced in a way that kills the other.
    Your point actually gives more reason for why Generation VI should be prequels. Since Generation V is split into two canons and there's no specific version that serves as canon unlike past generations where there were, it would be more convenient to place Generation VI before Generations I/III to avoid Generation V references and cause confusion. However, Generation V references are still possible in a game that takes place after if specificity is avoided (i.e. whether N pursued truth or ideals, which dragon followed the protagonist and which followed N, etc.).

Blog Entries

I think it would be cool if XY takes place between BW and B2W2. And those stories could be mentioned in XY. Like "Hilda/Hilbert stops team plasma woo-hoo." on tv (like how the Red Gyrados special is the first thing seen in DP), then woo lets go on an adventure! Then towards the end of the story, events starting to occur in B2W2 could be mentioned. I don't know exactly how they could do this, but it's a cool thought.

N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N !!!!!!!!!!!

15 years after the events of BW2 in a region next to the Unova or so I hope.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The third/sequel Gen VI game could take place after BW2.

My reasoning is that Gen V was supposed to be a semi-restart akin to Gen I. Gen VI may be to Gen V as Gen II was to Gen I, referring to previous events in another region.

EDIT- Didn't realize these threads were merged.
    Last edited by UnovaCastaway; 1st March 2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Got rid of redundant answer after merge.

Default What time should Generation VI take place?

The timeframe for Pokemon games are always big factors (especially for remakes) so I thought I would post a poll for when you guys will think Generation VI takes place. Me personally, I'm thinking that it will be a prequel but I'm open to other opinions too.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What time should Generation VI take place?

I don't think Pokémon will ever do a prequel. The series has moved and progressed so far that having a prequel would undoubtedly create plot holes, or at best, inconsistencies.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

the time this game duo takes place in no way affects the possibility of remakes. If they want to do remakes, they will do them. If they don't want to, they won't.

There's no rule saying they can't have X and Y take place after Gen V and still get Gen III remakes. One simply does not affect another.

So, I will say other: I don't care when it takes place, as long as the game is fun.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    the time this game duo takes place in no way affects the possibility of remakes. If they want to do remakes, they will do them. If they don't want to, they won't.

There's no rule saying they can't have X and Y take place after Gen V and still get Gen III remakes. One simply does not affect another.

So, I will say other: I don't care when it takes place, as long as the game is fun.
    In previous remakes, the remade games took place at the same time chronologically as the other games in their generations. If the remade games didn't take place at the same time as the other games in their generations and direct trade and battles were possible, then it would create some paradoxes within the Pokemon universe. I mean, you can't trade with someone from 10 years ago. This is one of the reasons that I believe that Game Freak didn't remake RSE, along with the fact that the original RSE games are still compatible with the current games which minimizes the necessity for remakes.

Okay fine let's say you're right and assume that X&Y taking place after Generation V still makes RSE remakes possible. Still consider how RSE Pokemon can still be transferred to the current games (and most likely that they can be transferred to X&Y games, though the transition from one game to another will be long). Before, the remade games were remade because the original games weren't compatible with the current games which made collecting every Pokemon species difficult (impossible in Generation III) which was why, I highly think, that they were remade. And I think that the writers intentionally dropped RSE hint bombs all over in Generation V games because they knew that their fans wanted RSE remakes but they couldn't fit it in so those hints were intended to satisfy their fans the best they could. Might as well take what you get.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    In previous remakes, the remade games took place at the same time chronologically as the other games in their generations. If the remade games didn't take place at the same time as the other games in their generations and direct trade and battles were possible, then it would create some paradoxes within the Pokemon universe. I mean, you can't trade with someone from 10 years ago. This is one of the reasons that I believe that Game Freak didn't remake RSE, along with the fact that the original RSE games are still compatible with the current games which minimizes the necessity for remakes.

Okay fine let's say you're right and assume that X&Y taking place after Generation V still makes RSE remakes possible. Still consider how RSE Pokemon can still be transferred to the current games (and most likely that they can be transferred to X&Y games, though the transition from one game to another will be long). Before, the remade games were remade because the original games weren't compatible with the current games which made collecting every Pokemon species difficult (impossible in Generation III) which was why, I highly think, that they were remade. And I think that the writers intentionally dropped RSE hint bombs all over in Generation V games because they knew that their fans wanted RSE remakes but they couldn't fit it in so those hints were intended to satisfy their fans the best they could. Might as well take what you get.
    don't forget, they have had two-way trading between games that don't take place @ the same time before. In Gen II, you could trade between the Gen II games (GSC) and the Gen I games (RBY) via the Time Capsule and as long as it wasn't a Gen II pokemon or the Gen I pokemon doesn't have a Gen II introduced move, you could trade back. This was because the Gen I games obviously didn't have Gen II pokemon in it.

They could easily do this with X&Y and RSE remakes (trading via a time capsule), but without those two restrictions, as they'd both be released this gen (if GF decides to release RSE remakes for the 3DS). Therefore, they don't have to worry about a timeline. Anything's possible.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear
    And I think that the writers intentionally dropped RSE hint bombs all over in Generation V games because they knew that their fans wanted RSE remakes but they couldn't fit it in so those hints were intended to satisfy their fans the best they could.
    There were no "hint bombs", but rather just normal references to Hoenn that were no different than the references to the other regions (Sinnoh got the most references). It is sad that some people chose to see what they wanted to see.

Blog Entries

Although I don't want X/Y riddled with familiar characters, I'd like to see these games take place 20 to 30 years after BW2. I think it would be very cool to see the children of PCs or of NPCs become new trainers, or at the very least see the NPCs 20 years older and see what their roles are.

X and Y should be nearly contemporary with B2W2 (say, one year later) so that Mr. Fuji can still be alive to have a role in the possible Mewtwo plotline.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast