What time should Generation VI take place?

View Poll Results: When will Generation VI take place?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will be another sequel so after Generation V

39 60.94%
  • It will be the first prequel so before Generations I/III

3 4.69%
  • At the same time as a previous generation so there could be remakes

17 26.56%
  • Other, please specify

5 7.81%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What time should Generation VI take place?

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question Speculation: When will these games take place along the timeline?

When do you think these games will take place in relation to other games? Before, during, or after which Gen? How many shoutouts to other regions will these games have?

My guess is the year between BW and BW2. They could use it to tie up a few loose threads from BW. The trailers show a bunch of Unova Pokemon. Will this be the region N went to that Looker mentioned?

Default Re: Speculation: When will these games take place along the timeline?

After B/W2 please. I don't want to get story lines mixed up.

I would like to see where N went after B/W, and seeing the Village Of Dragons that Iris mentions in-game would be pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Ok lets see.

RGB & RSE ---(3 years later)---> GSC & DPPt ---(unknown amount of years later)---> BW ---(2 years later)---> BW2

Personally I'd like to see the Gen VI events occur either at the same time as BW or immediatelly after BW2.

Blog Entries

I think it occurs in the distant future and all Eevee's evolve via stones

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Not the same timeline loop again. As Kingdom, I want it to take place after BW2, which is probably the case, since a further analysis of the Pokéworld's timeline indicates that the games follow real world dates:

RBY(as well as FRLG) and RSE (since they are contemporaneus with Gen I) - Poké 1996
    GSC (HGSS) and DPPt - Poké 1999
    BW - Poké 2010
    BW2 - Poké 2012

Thus XY - Poké 2013

This makes sense given that in real time, 3 years passed between the relases of Gen I and Gen II, just like in-game (and I use real world dates because it was somehow confirmed that the Pokéworld is like an alternate reality of ours, with the man at Pewter museum mentioning the real world date of man's landing on the moon and that when it happened, color TV's were new. i say it is confirmed because FRLG didn't remove that line).

Then, the fact that in BW the Rocket grunt from Johto has a kid the age of a schoolboy (who are depicted as 8-10 years old), instead of say, a preschooler, implies that it's been around 10 years since HGSS's events, again coinciding with the time that passed in the real world between Gen II's original release and BW's debut; finally, B2W2 happens 2 years after BW, just like in real life they were released 2 years after them.

With this in mind, my guess is that, as usual, the games' placement in the timeline won't be explicitly stated, but will be hinted at, and that if that's the case, such hints will point towards Gen VI taking place one year after B2W2.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

The Jet Black Pokemon Ninja_Oscar's Avatar

Follow Ninja_Oscar on Tumblr

Between Gen II/IV and Gen V I hope :P I dislike the gap between those

Blog Entries

I agree with VeggiePopper.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Blog Entries

Between B/W and B2/W2. Then maybe Gamefreak can redeem themselves from those "sequels," and all the bullshit hand-waving of where N and Hilbert/Hilda went.

Actually, it should be after B2/W2, because in B2/W2's post-game, N talks about setting out on another journey and/or finding Hilbert/Hilda to thank them. Then again, these could just be some vague, throw-away lines that don't mean anything.
    Last edited by smalllady; 8th January 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    Not the same timeline loop again. As Kingdom, I want it to take place after BW2, which is probably the case, since a further analysis of the Pokéworld's timeline indicates that the games follow real world dates:

RBY(as well as FRLG) and RSE (since they are contemporaneus with Gen I) - Poké 1996
    GSC (HGSS) and DPPt - Poké 1999
    BW - Poké 2010
    BW2 - Poké 2012

Thus XY - Poké 2013

This makes sense given that in real time, 3 years passed between the relases of Gen I and Gen II, just like in-game (and I use real world dates because it was somehow confirmed that the Pokéworld is like an alternate reality of ours, with the man at Pewter museum mentioning the real world date of man's landing on the moon and that when it happened, color TV's were new. i say it is confirmed because FRLG didn't remove that line).

Then, the fact that in BW the Rocket grunt from Johto has a kid the age of a schoolboy (who are depicted as 8-10 years old), instead of say, a preschooler, implies that it's been around 10 years since HGSS's events, again coinciding with the time that passed in the real world between Gen II's original release and BW's debut; finally, B2W2 happens 2 years after BW, just like in real life they were released 2 years after them.

With this in mind, my guess is that, as usual, the games' placement in the timeline won't be explicitly stated, but will be hinted at, and that if that's the case, such hints will point towards Gen VI taking place one year after B2W2.
    This is perfect. And it somehow makes total sense. Good job.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I'm with VeggiePopper on this one, at least for right now. But I think it's still much too early to tell for sure at this point; better to wait for more information before setting our hearts on a particular setup.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

It may have been about some fake version rumor that was going around, or this can't remember, but apparently the timeline was at the same time as BW2. My guess is that this will happen sometime during the Gen V timeline, or right after, and if we're lucky we may get to see Hilda or Hilbert to find out more about what happened to them.

Default What time should Generation VI take place?

Okay we all know how the timeline for the main series goes so far. Generations I/III came first, II/IV came three years later, and now Generation V takes place an unknown amount of time after that (I heard it was 10 years, though). Well, I have this idea for how Generation VI's setting will turn out. What if its time difference between the closest generation in terms of its chronological order is the same as Gen II/IV and V, except that it takes place in the PAST (so that means if BW took place 10 years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS, then Gen VI would take place 10 years before Gen I/III). So that means Gen VI games could set the ground for the previous generations, maybe like it could revolve around how training Pokemon was a new thing back then so the protagonist is one of the first trainers who was set out by a professor to see what Pokemon is all about (so no one knows a lot about Pokemon yet and so it's your job to find out). And you could meet the older characters from previous generations like Oak and Lance, except they're still in their youth and they have yet to become famous. And then there's a villainous team who is the first criminal organization in Pokemon history to utilize Pokemon in a bad way, their purpose being to discover the proper utilization of Pokemon to bring out their full potential since no one really knows how to do that yet. And Pokemon gyms and the Pokemon League is a new thing that is being tested (or it may not even exist yet, meaning there's room for new ideas). As for transferring Pokemon from previous generations to Gen VI, there could be a time machine whose purpose is to help the inventor study what Pokemon would be like in the future to help develop the methods of using Pokemon that would be utilized in generations yet to come (so meaning Generations I-V). Gen V was supposed to be a "fresh new start" (clear that they ditched the idea by the time B2W2 came out). Well, Gen VI could literally be a new start. Aside from ancient history involving legendaries, Pokemon history has still been unclear so Gen VI games could be the tool to clear up any confusions, and plus it is a cool idea (at least in my opinion).

Default Re: Timeline for Generation VI

Moved to the Pokemon X and Y forum.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I'd like to see a prequel, but it would require some tweaks here and there in order for it to work, may be one year before GenI/III.

But yeah, I reckon it's just not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Moved to the Pokemon X and Y forum.
    I already posted it there (no replies though ._.). I posted it again on the Pokemon World forum because it talks about Pokemon canon and I thought it would fit there.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast