What system will you play BW2 on? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which system will you play BW2 on?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • The DS

13 5.99%
  • The DS Lite

47 21.66%
  • The DSi

24 11.06%
  • The DSi XL

14 6.45%
  • The 3DS

97 44.70%
  • The 3DS XL

16 7.37%
  • I have the power to play it IN MY MIND...

6 2.76%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What system will you play BW2 on?

Default Re: What system will you play BW2 on?

Like Soulweaver, it'll go on my trusty, dusty DS Phat. It may be old and bulky, but it's region-free and works like a charm.

Blog Entries

I'll be playing it on my brand spankin' new Aqua Blue 3DS. But I'll still use my DS fat a bit; I do have to trade between B2 and my copy of Black. :)

I would play it on my DS lite since thats the only game system I have.

the pretender Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
    It actually looks slightly worse, as DS games are enlarged on the 3DS and they lose their crispness. But if you hold START and SELECT while the game is loading up, the game will be made smaller and so they become much, much crisper (and so DS games probably look better on the 3DS than the DS if you use that trick).
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I was wondering that maybe since 3DS connectivity with B2W2 was so encouraged, they may had figured something out to maintain good visual quality on the 3DS without having to do the small-screen trick. But I'm guessing it's technically impossible with a regular DS/DSi cartridge.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

I'd probably alternate between my 3DS and DSi. I pretty much do the same thing with all of my DS games.
    Then again, the clock would be messed up.
    MyAnimeList
    "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything." - Adroc Thurston
    "The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you" - Nyx

Blog Entries

I'm going to play it on my 3DS, even though it does mean I won't be able to trade with my White version, because the touch screen on my DS is ruined so it's quite hard to use, and, well, 3DSes are just better than DSes!

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Due to region blocking, I have to play my JP White 2 on my DS Lite, but when I get the game in English, other than using the 3DS for AR Searcher, I'll use my DSi.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRiolu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    Oh, look. I'm in the almost empty DS Phat train. Because that's the newest DS series console I have. I'll get 3DS eventually but for now, yeah, DS Phat.
    lol, don't you mean oldest?
    No. Read it again. Yes, the newest DS series console I have. I don't have Lite or XL or DSi or 3DS. Well, it also is the oldest DS series console I have, though.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Im planning to buy a 3DS at some point so I can use Pokemon Dream Radar, so I may end up playing B2/W2 on that 3DS since Im probably only getting the English version at this point, I dont have to worry about region locks( though assuming Id bought a japanese copy, I have a DS Lite, so I could play it)

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

My DS Lite, since the 3DS ruins the graphics of games with sprites. I will use my 3DS for trading purposes and features that only the 3DS can unlock, though.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Senior Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I will be using my DSi or 3DS. I also have an original DS but I don't think I will be using it very much because the left comer of my original DS broke yesterday to make a small hole and it still works but if it rains the water may go inside the system and make it unusable.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Senior Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

DSi or 3DS. 3DS for a lot of things, like Dream Radar or AR Searcher, but if my 3DS loses battery, then my DSi will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
    When you get BW2, which system will you play it on (or, which system are you playing it on already)? The DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL, the 3DS, or maybe the 3DS XL?

I think I'll probably play it on the 3DS, but I'll press start and select like all other DS games to make the screen smaller for a sharper quality. Though I might give it a little go on my DSi just to see what it's like.
    First of all, I will also play BW2 on primarily on my 3DS for Dream Radar and Wi-fi, and some on DS Lite when I don't need Dream Radar or Wi-fi (my home's Wi-fi is only compatible with my 3DS a far as the DS family goes). Second, you can make the screen smaller and clearer with Start+Select?!?!? I never knew that, but that sounds great! (as long as it's about as big as the DSi screen).

EDIT: I tried out the smaller screen thing on 3DS. I hate it and won't be using it. It's so small that I can hardly see anything in it. It's smaller than the DS Phat screen.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 10th July 2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Changed post and tried out the smaller screen thing
    My Current (and tentative) Planned Main Team for my Alpha Sapphire League Challenge:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G013M View Post
    DSi or 3DS. 3DS for a lot of things, like Dream Radar or AR Searcher, but if my 3DS loses battery, then my DSi will be used.
    Dream Radar and AR Searcher are the same thing. They're just different names.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Likely my DS Lite or DS Phat, unless I decide to buy a 3DS or DSi for WiFi purposes in the future (DS Lite and older don't work with WPA2 wireless connections ;_;).

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast