What starter did you pick and why?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What starter did you pick and why?

Default What starter did you pick and why?

I picked Tepig, since I usually pick the fire type starters and it was a female which was very nice :)

What starter did you pick?

Default Re: What starter did you pick and why?

I presume we're talking Generation V here?

Well i usually play a game starting with each starter, then decide on one for my official proper game.

But i still can't decide between Oshawatt and Tepig

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

I picked Oshawott because Samurott is cool.

Nuff said.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Snivy. I thought Snivy looked the best out of all the Gen V starters and the anime contributed to that factor. I find Serperior an extremely bad pokemon but then again I don't play pokemon very seriously with stuff like natures and stats etcetera.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

For Black, I chose Oshawott. I thought that it was cute, I liked the designs for its evolution, and I wanted to start out with a Water type in the first of the two new games for a change of pace. I would usually choose the Fire type starter in the first out of the two new games and a Water starter for the other, except for G/S and HG/SS where it was reversed. For White, I chose Snivy. I really liked its design and since I was so impressed with Turtwig in Platinum, I didn't want to wait until the third version, as I assumed that was going to happen at the time, to try Snivy out. I also wasn't too interested in raising another Fire/Fighting type starter again and there were a few other Fire types I was interested in raising. Serperior wasn't nearly as impressive as I hoped it would be, but I still enjoyed raising my Snivy. Samurott was more useful in my Black team, even without having a good movepool to choose from, and it does usually put up more of a fight than Serperior does with most of its opponents.

追放されたバカ

I picked Oshawott because I had never picked the Water type starter before (apart from when I briefly used Totodile in Gold before restarting) and I loved Oshawott, so cute, and he was awesome early on in the BW series. Tepig was my 2nd choice, but didn't really want to have another Fire Fighting (already got my awesome Infernape) and Serperior just had a rubbish movepool, and I already had 3 grass starters.

In Black2 however, I will be picking Tepig most likely, because I already have a powerful Samurott, and don't need another.

I picked Snivy. I thought the design was cute and the evolutions very neat-looking (although to be fair he doesn't get much to do as a Serperior...). I also wanted to rotate through the types of starters, so having done water and then fire already, it was the turn of the grass-type. Not sure if I want to keep that up for Black 2, although both the Oshawott and Tepig my brother traded me are doing well. Plus Oshawott/Dewott is just cute... ;)

Well, from previous generations I've picked Charmander, Cyndaquil, Sceptile, and Empoleon.

In Black I chose Tepig. Emboar was quite awesome. However, I started another 2 new games, to try out the other 2 starters. Snivy was pretty hard to raise, but it was worth it. It fits my style a bit more, similar to how Sceptile did. Samurott was a very worthy starter too, with good, balanced stats. Megahorn also paved way for me to win the League, both story and post-game. So for me, I'm still deciding between Snivy and Oshawott.

I picked Oshawott, I really like its evolutions and it's adorable. Plus, it's strong against most of the gym leaders in Unova.
    "I'm gonna, like, save the world!"

Oshawott because it's adorable. That and I always pick the water starter first in every gen.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

I always pick the water starter, but get the other two either from my copy of the other version or friends.

Blog Entries

I picked Tepig in White, solely because I have always picked the fire starter. It's tradition. I'm not a competitive player, as much as I would like to be, because I do not have enough time for it. If I was I would've given this more thought, but until then, I'll always be choosing the fire starter by default. Anyway, I think Tepig's adorable. :3

*snorts* "Tepig!"

I think I'll be breaking this tradition in White2, though. I've really been eyeing Snivy for a while now. I think his design is amazing. Besides, I curious as to how raising other sorts of starters are like.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Well for the old gens i chose Charmander Totodile Mudkip and Turtwig but for gen 5 i chose Tepig just because i always think he looks cool and even better it was a Male so that was good for me

Quote Originally Posted by Benster404 View Post
    I presume we're talking Generation V here?
    Lol yes we are sorry about the confusion guys :P

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Mine would be Oshawott. I wuv Oshawotts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast