What removed features do you want to see return? - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What removed features do you want to see return?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What removed features do you want to see return?

I'd like to have the habitat pokedex feature like they had in Black and White 2 so you knew which pokemon you were still missing in each area. I'd also like the time display back, so I don't have to interrupt my game by pressing the home button to see what time it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow vulpix On Twitter Add vulpix on Google+
    Follow vulpix on Tumblr

I want alternate music for night and day like in DPPt. I just really liked the music in Diamond and Pearl.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow StaticSpark On Twitter

I've got a lot of stuff, mostly from B2W2. Bolded stuff is the highest priority.

- Habitat List: I've found myself needing to use this plenty of times in X.
    - Following Pokémon: C'mon, GameFreak, it was fun to run around routes being chased by a Groudon.
    - Hidden Grottoes: Nice, interesting way to get a continuous supply of items and Hidden Ability Pokémon.
    - Doubles Grass: Great for grinding wild Pokémon or adding high levels to your team.
    - Black Tower/White Treehollow: Fantastic, fun dungeon. Could easily be rehashed as a new Battle Facility without a level restriction.
    - Battle Frontier: The Battle Maison's great and all, but the gimmicks from the Frontiers is what made it really interesting.
    - Secret Base: This could have some serious potential for being awesome with the integration of the 3DS friends list.
    - Apricorn Balls: I always try to use them in HGSS because of their great designs and silly uses. They're really fun. The Dive Ball fills this hole in my life for now.
    - Contests: An added dynamic to movesets and Pokémon food is always a plus.
    - Join Avenue: Incredibly useful, promotes GTS (and in the future Wonder Trade/Friend Code?) useage, fun to rank up, and very rewarding.
    - PWT: ...mostly for the music. Would like to see Frontier Brains, Elite Four, and important NPCs in a future version.

Post Thanks / Like

Apricorn balls, definitely. Maybe have a lot more new types. Obviously it wouldn't make sense for Kurt to still be alive at this point in the time line (I think he was old anyway...). so maybe an apprentice who experiments in making new balls as well as his master's.
    The World Tournament was nice but maybe it could be linked to the Maison as a special mode.
    The Battle frontier is an absolute must.

Wait...did they get rid of the double grass? I wasn't aware of this...that sucks. I want that back (and maybe Triple Grass for special areas, then we get some more interesting variants of wild battles)

Post Thanks / Like

Pokemon following you was one of my favorite things, I was really sad that they didn't bring it back for this version especially since they remade the look.
    Re-battling gym leaders would be cool same with the elite 4 being harder ( I mean you get to battle all of them in the battle chateau but I like the gym themed battles)
    And a new feature I would love to see is a new game+ where you get to keep all your old pokemon, but you select a new starter, and have to beat the elite 4 before it lets you use your old pokes. (Just to make it less of a pain to start a new game.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eciq View Post
    Pokemon following you was one of my favorite things, I was really sad that they didn't bring it back for this version especially since they remade the look.
    Re-battling gym leaders would be cool same with the elite 4 being harder ( I mean you get to battle all of them in the battle chateau but I like the gym themed battles)
    And a new feature I would love to see is a new game+ where you get to keep all your old pokemon, but you select a new starter, and have to beat the elite 4 before it lets you use your old pokes. (Just to make it less of a pain to start a new game.)
    Well this is good but the keeping of old pokemon would lead to problems, since from what you've said, you could get multiple legendsries.
    3ds FC: 4012-4613-1963
    Friend Safari: Quilladin, Ivysaur, Tangela
    PM me if you add me

Bug-type Master SupersonicScolipede's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is minor, but I'd love to see more little cameos like what happened with some of the gym leaders in Gen IV. XY had Looker, and I loved his sidequest, but I really liked seeing old characters pop in for a moment (like Jasmine in DPPT).

Post Thanks / Like

Poketch.
    Diamond - 1505 5456 4798 (BLAKE)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Underground

Post Thanks / Like

I really miss the pokemon following thing. :) And how you could turn around and see how they were feeling in different areas.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    I want alternate music for night and day like in DPPt. I just really liked the music in Diamond and Pearl.
    Was that a thing? I can't even remember that! That'd be awesome!

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WingedOne View Post
    I'd like to have the habitat pokedex feature like they had in Black and White 2 so you knew which pokemon you were still missing in each area.
    *spits out coffee* WHAT?

Why would they remove that in XY?

Quote Originally Posted by StaticSpark View Post
    - Doubles Grass: Great for grinding wild Pokémon or adding high levels to your team.
    It really is a shame that they didn't do more with this feature because it has so much potential for interesting Pokemon distribution. It's very useful for when you explore a new section of an old area.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Eh, the alternate music was really just a variant played in a different key, it's not really that great. And frankly, I liked the day variants better.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 5th December 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow vulpix On Twitter Add vulpix on Google+
    Follow vulpix on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Eh, the alternate music was really just a variant played in a different key, it's not really that great. And frankly, I liked the day variants better.
    I liked the night ones because they were slower and relaxing...
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Definitely the ability to have your Pokémon walk with you. I can't believe they got rid of it. Otherwise, I'd like for secret bases and contests to make a return as I think they added another layer of realism and variety I really enjoyed and quite miss.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ alpacasso forums ~

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see walking pokemon return so that you can have any of your pokemon walk with you like in heartgold and soulsilver but optional. And if they do bring that back they could have each species of pokemon walk beside you in a differen way. For example: the pokedex entry for sylveon in pokemon y says "it wraps its ribbon-like feelers around the arm of its beloved trainer and walks with him/her". So if you have a sylveon walking with you it would do just that. I would also like to see they bring back some form of thing for your pokemon to perform in.
    I'm still trying to win the Lumiose city ID lotto. My friend code: 4682 - 9693 - 3464

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast