What removed features do you want to see return? - Page 2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: What removed features do you want to see return?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What removed features do you want to see return?

Pokemon following me
    Beserk Gene
    Pokemon at different times
    Missingo
    Absence of natures
    15 IVs
    Stat exp instead of EVs
    Living near the professor
    Having less than 4 friends (seriously i related to my character in X better cos of things like getting broke on clothes, but my character having so many friends really alienates me)
    Home Console features: Transfer Pak, Gymleader Castle, Prime Cup (gen 1 and 2 are the only generations where I've bothered training level 100s), Challenge Cup, Petit Cup, Poke Cup, Pika Cup, Mini Games, Teaching your own Pikachu Surf
    Time machine
    Leaf
    Multiple regions

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

I want

- Seasons
    - Pokemon following you
    - Challenge mode, although make it available from the start
    last but not least, POKEMON WORLD TOURNAMENT!!!

Seasons and The Underground. The Underground was so wonderful, I used to dream of excavating my own items since Gen I.
    Seasons because it sounds a sort of retrocession to remove it now. It was an improvement that added a lot of immersion to the experience of playing Pokémon, just like the day/night system in Generation II (which was removed in Gen III in the same way). I hope it can come back in the future and become standard just like the day/night thing, maybe with some improvements.
    Chibisyko likes this.

Blog Entries

Replay value

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

I miss the original game corners (1st and 2nd gen) and I really wish they would bring back dive, it felt really cool to creep around on the ocean floor.

Blog Entries

Yes! Dive was awesome! And so were the old game corners!

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Blog Entries

-Seasons
    -Secret Bases
    -VS Seaker

There are so many things I want to see again... It's a little ridiculous. But most of them have been said already, so at least I'm not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Genwunner View Post
    *VS Seeker
    *Pokemon Contests
    *Secret Bases
    *Exp Shares old ability
    The VS Seeker is definitely the thing I would like to see return the most. When you have to train 6 Pokémon from level 1 to level 50 in two days, beating the Elite Four over and over gets boring fast.

I really miss contests. They were a lot of fun, at least for me. I liked having one more aspect to master and having the ribbons to prove my skill.

Secret bases were a cool way to have a link to my friends even when I hadn't seen them recently and I liked seeing where they decided to put their bases and how to decorate them. I liked decorating, too!

I know a lot of people like the new Exp Share, but oftentimes I only want to train one or two Pokémon in my party, not all six. So I also prefer the old one....

Quote Originally Posted by Aulos View Post
    ~Seasons. Although I suppose it was a bit awkward to have them based in a monthly fashion. I know some people may hate it, but it might be nice to see them turn on a real world clock.
    ~Different Pokemon appearing during day/night.
    The only reason I can see not to have seasons and different day/night Pokémon is that you have to play for longer to get everything. But with the ability to change time on the system and online trading, I don't think that's a valid argument any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I was kind of bummed out that the gyms in XY didn't have unique music to them like the ones in Black2 / White2.

I also really liked having the time display on the bottom DS screen.
    All of the unique music was really nice. I'm hoping the removal was just due to lack of time and resources for XY, and that it'll come back.

It's definitely nice to be able to keep track of what time it is while playing without needing to find a clock or pull out my phone. Especially if I'm playing for short periods of time while waiting for something....

Quote Originally Posted by beelzecat View Post
    I really wish they would bring back dive, it felt really cool to creep around on the ocean floor.
    Dive was great. With fewer water routes, I can see why they took it out, especially with two water-type HMs already. But I did like having more places to explore, and the ambiance of being underwater was really calming.

All of that being said, I do have to thank Game Freak for bringing back features that they got rid of temporarily - day and night, planting berries, and ribbons!

Follow Aulos on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by esm8m View Post
    ~Seasons. Although I suppose it was a bit awkward to have them based in a monthly fashion. I know some people may hate it, but it might be nice to see them turn on a real world clock.
    ~Different Pokemon appearing during day/night.
    The only reason I can see not to have seasons and different day/night Pokémon is that you have to play for longer to get everything. But with the ability to change time on the system and online trading, I don't think that's a valid argument any more.
    I don't really understand that, because there are Pokemon you can only get on certain days of the week.

Only being able to get Pokemon in one season, I could understand feeling a bit annoyed. However, only being able to get Pokemon at certain times of the day is nothing. They pulled that off just fine in G/S/C. If we're going to have the day/night feature, it feels very cheap to not have Pokemon appearing at different times.
    ~~

Following Pokemon and seasons are the only ones that really come to mind for me. I really enjoyed having my favorite Pokemon behind me and being able to interact with them, even if it was much more simplistic than Amie.
    Seasons made the games much more interesting aesthetically. I liked to see how the different routes and cities changed depending on the time of the year.

追放されたバカ

I wish to be able to rechallenge trainers out of the blue again, with or without the Vs Seeker. Some of my Pokemon need more EXP Points to level up faster. Yet I'm working on some of my Pokemon's speed EVs or was working on. Without the seasons, I guess I probably won't find Sawsbuck in X or Y, since the seasons were created for them. But I hope gen 6 does have something other than what I've been seeing.

• VS. Seeker
    • Rematching gym leaders (X and Y kind of did this, but each gym leader only had two Pokemon. I'd rather fight them with at least 3 or 4.)
    • The elite four and champion having stronger Pokemon when you rematch them
    • Pokemon walking behind you
    • Different Pokemon appearing during the day and night (or maybe having a different chance of appearing)
    • Swarms
    • The button in Heartgold/Soulsilver that lets you run automatically

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-Vs. Seeker or similar rematch system
    -Secret Bases (now allows communication via Streetpass)
    -Battle Frontier
    -Pokemon following you

Also, I would like to have seasons again, but not actually as seasons. Instead, it would be weather, which would follow weekly patterns but have all of the same functionality that seasons did.

Quote Originally Posted by esm8m View Post
    I don't really understand that, because there are Pokemon you can only get on certain days of the week.

Only being able to get Pokemon in one season, I could understand feeling a bit annoyed. However, only being able to get Pokemon at certain times of the day is nothing. They pulled that off just fine in G/S/C. If we're going to have the day/night feature, it feels very cheap to not have Pokemon appearing at different times.
    I agree that we should have Pokémon appear at different times. I'm just thinking that for, say, a young kid who is only allowed to play at a certain time of day by their parents, it could be a problem. But now since global trading has made getting Pokémon so much easier, I don't think that should be a reason not to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Secret Bases (now allows communication via Streetpass)
    Getting secret bases from StreetPass would be really cool.... Way better than its current functionality.

Blog Entries

I can see problem with that though, if you're in an area with a high population of 3ds users, you might find secret bases everywhere which kinda spoils the fun.\
    Maybe a limit of 2 secret bases per route?

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast