What Pokemon would you change (their type/evolution) ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Pokemon would you change (their type/evolution) ?

Default Re: What Pokemon would you change (their type/evolution) ?

What if Mega Absol was Dark/Fairy? I thought it was part fairy at first because of those wings. Absol also kind of fits with the supernatural part of the fairy type that Dieter brought up, because it has the ability to predict disasters.

... Well, and I think Dark/Fairy would be a cool combination.

Psyduck and Golduck to Water/Psychic.

Noctowl to Flying/Psychic.

Florges to Fairy/Grass.

Goodra to Dragon/Fairy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elveonora View Post
    Tyrogue physically resembles Hitmonchan the most, Hitmontop and Hitmonlee look kinda strange, although Hitmotop looks more related. Unless I'm mistaken, Tyrogue is taller than Hitmontop, which not only is small but also has child like voice in the anime. So yeah, Hitmontop>Tyrogue>Hitmonchan makes more sense to me, I don't care about Lee.
    Sorry, but you are indeed mistaken. Tyrogue is 2'04" and Hitmontop is 4'07".
    Last edited by Team Gaara; 22nd December 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togekissed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TV Dinnah View Post
    Staraptor should be Fighting-Flying. It would then get STAB for Close Combat and be extremely dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Celebi could be changed to Fairy/Grass seeing how its probably the Pokemon that is most fitting for it, and the retype could help it a bit by removing some weaknesses.
    And what does Celebi have to do with fairies? (Then again, 95% of Fairy Pokémon are unrelated to fairies.)
    It looks like a Fairy?
    It is tiny, has wings, and protects forests. It is more of a fairy then most fairy Pokémon.
    Just adding to this

Besides the physical characteristics nowadays associated with fairies, it also has a ton of abilities associated with the fae
    I mean, in lore they can be pretty nasty, they pretty much rule the supernatural world, will sometimes whisk away humans, reside in forests (cause nature is seen as the world of the supernatural)

and actually quite a few of the fairy types have to do with faeries, if you don't go with the more modern idea of pretty girls with butterfly wings

the ralts family is based on guardian angels, mawile on a japanese monster, and whimsicott on a combination of things (but has the elements most faeries share, most evident in his prankster ability)
    Klefki, Mr. Mime, Carbink, Snubbull and Granbull. None have ANY Fairy-ish characteristics that I can see.
    You say they have no fairy-ish characters, huh? Well, let me prove you wrong with the help of Bulbapedia and the internet~!

First off, Klefki is based off of an old superstition that pixies or fairies steal common household items like keys and shoes when you cannot find them. Next is Mr. Mime who, uh, I actually can't explain. It's pink? Next is Carbink who is based off of a carbuncle, a mythical fairy-like creature that has gems growing out of it, hence it's primary rock typing. Finally, Snubbull and Granbull. They are most likely based off of Cu Sith, which roughly translates to 'dog fairy' they've also been the Fairy Pokemon since they were released. ^w^

Alright, now to add my input to this list. I always thought Mienfoo should get the Psychic type upon evolving. No reason besides it looks like a Psychic type in my opinion. I also agree with everyone else who say that Celebi and Milotic should be retconned to a Fairy type. Same with Audino. I also think the Happiny family should get the Clefairy treatment and be pure Fairy types. ^w^

My Pokemon Fanfiction: Rainbow Village: Town of Colors

I have claimed Igglybuff that likes to enchant me with its Disarming Voice and play with its Pixie Plate! I know its Normalize will hold it back, but we can pull through together if she eats enough Pecha Berries!

http://www.google.com

Blog Entries

-Feraligatr should be Water and Ground. I figure since it's a crocodile it would make sense.
    -Meganium and Sceptile should be Grass/Dragon.
    -Serperior on the the other hand should be Grass/Fairy and should be a counterpart to Milotic which should be Water/Fairy.
    -Sunflora should be Grass and Fire. Changing it's type would definitely make it more useful.
    -Aggron should just be Steel or Steel/Dragon. I've never understood why it even had Rock typing. How many people even use Rock type moves with it?
    -Pinsir should be Bug/Ground. I don't know everybody else does but I've always used quite a few ground moves with Pinsir.
    -Munchlax and Snorlax should be Fairy types. I've always pictured Snorlax as some sort of like Dream Guardian so I think a Fairy typing makes sense.
    -Victini should be Fairy/Fire because it looks very Fairy like and I think the Fairy type should replace Psychic but not completely. I think that there should still be some Psychic types but a lot of them should be reclassified to Fairy.
    -Emboar should definitely become Fire/Dark as the Fighting typing is useless. It isn't fast and it's Defense isn't great. Then there's the fact that Emboar appears to be based off some Chinese legend of a pig demon.

I personally prefer Florges to be pure Fairy. With Grass, it will then has 4x weakness against Poison, and 2x weakness against Fire, Ice, Flying etc.
    Diamond - 1505 5456 4798 (BLAKE)

Quote Originally Posted by PickleMendip View Post
    ^ First time i saw Mawile I thought it was Dark-type, especially after seeing the species name 'Deceiver'. Deception sort-of counts as an evil thing to do. I was so confused when Normal moves were not v effective, but fire moves were super effective.
    Yeah the whole deception thing and tricking others into thinking the fake mouth is real to scare them off sounds very Dark type to me. It's still a good type combo...Fairy/Dark, and the weaknesses it would have would be less exploitable.
    Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee (Y), Beetle (OR)
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683 (Y)
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

This is a really minor thing, but I'd probably change Bulbasaur's type to just grass and have it get the poison type after it evolves. I just think it's a little weird that it's the only starter to have a dual typing right away.

Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post
    -Sunflora should be Grass and Fire. Changing it's type would definitely make it more useful.
    Ooh, that's a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Goffik_Lolita View Post
    I always thought Mienfoo should get the Psychic type upon evolving.
    I'm not for or against Fighting+Psychic as a typing, but I don't like the existing ones. And Mienfoo doesn't really have much in the way of Psychic qualities about it (nor Mienshao).
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

groans I always thought that Dragonite should be a separate Pokémon from Dratini/Dragonair, I think Dragonite is real cute but it doesn't fit in too well with the aesthetic of the first two. Or maybe, a split evolution, so if you level up Dragonair, it'll become a Dragonite, but if you use a stone (Water stone? Water/Dragon?) it becomes something else which is more akin to the design of Dratini/Dragonair. That said, I love the line in general.

Also, Florges should be part Grass type. It's a flower. Literally. A flower fairy; it has a ton of Grass type moves as well. I'm so confused as to why it's pure-Fairy.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takoto View Post
    groans I always thought that Dragonite should be a separate Pokémon from Dratini/Dragonair, I think Dragonite is real cute but it doesn't fit in too well with the aesthetic of the first two. Or maybe, a split evolution, so if you level up Dragonair, it'll become a Dragonite, but if you use a stone (Water stone? Water/Dragon?) it becomes something else which is more akin to the design of Dratini/Dragonair. That said, I love the line in general.
    It should become a Milotic. The design certainly fits with Dratini and Dragonair or at least I think it does.

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Staraptor fighting/flying, Luxray Elec/Dark, remove Steel from Empoleon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Florges being a pure Fairy-type makes little sense to me.

The thing has freaking merged with the flower. It should be Fairy/Grass.
    Has a shit ton of grass moves too.

Blog Entries

It should become a Milotic. The design certainly fits with Dratini and Dragonair or at least I think it does.
    Then what type would Milotic be? It's pure Water. But at least this makes more sense then Milotic evolving from Feebas. -.-
    Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.

Then what type would Milotic be? It's pure Water. But at least this makes more sense then Milotic evolving from Feebas. -.-
    Feebas and Milotic are based on the fairy tale The Ugly Duckling wich makes sense why Feebas evolves into Milotic. And yeah agree with everyone who says Milotic should be Water/Fairy.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    Feebas and Milotic are based on the fairy tale The Ugly Duckling wich makes sense why Feebas evolves into Milotic. And yeah agree with everyone who says Milotic should be Water/Fairy.
    Yeah that would make sense for just Milotic and Feebas I guess... Milotic is certainly pretty enough to be a Fairy.
    Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast