What Pokemon would you change (their type/evolution) ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Pokemon would you change (their type/evolution) ?

Default Re: What Pokemon would you change (their type/evolution) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zkat View Post
    Serperior: Grass/Dragon
    If Emboar and Samurott both get secondary typings, it's only fair that Serperior gets one too. Dragon makes the most sense to me, and it's a unique typing.
    What about Sceptile? Sceptile's more deserving of a Dragon type (Dragon egg group, moves like Dragon Breath/Pulse/Claw)....
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkat View Post
    Serperior: Grass/Dragon
    If Emboar and Samurott both get secondary typings, it's only fair that Serperior gets one too. Dragon makes the most sense to me, and it's a unique typing.
    What about Sceptile? Sceptile's more deserving of a Dragon type (Dragon egg group, moves like Dragon Breath/Pulse/Claw)....
    I didn't even think of Sceptile. Sceptile should be Grass/Dragon too.

Blog Entries

the Trapinch line should definitely be part-bug, especially what with being in the bug egg group and based on real bugs.

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch Capricious Equilibrium's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TV Dinnah View Post
    Staraptor should be Fighting-Flying. It would then get STAB for Close Combat and be extremely dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Celebi could be changed to Fairy/Grass seeing how its probably the Pokemon that is most fitting for it, and the retype could help it a bit by removing some weaknesses.
    And what does Celebi have to do with fairies? (Then again, 95% of Fairy Pokémon are unrelated to fairies.)
    It looks like a Fairy?

Mawile -Fairy/Dark
    I never got why it was a steel type in the first place. It always looked like a Dark type to me. Are the teeth made of steel? It says the jaws are made of steel but looks nothing like metal, and can articulate them as if they were made of flesh and bone.
    Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee (Y), Beetle (OR)
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683 (Y)
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

Blog Entries

^ First time i saw Mawile I thought it was Dark-type, especially after seeing the species name 'Deceiver'. Deception sort-of counts as an evil thing to do. I was so confused when Normal moves were not v effective, but fire moves were super effective.

Blog Entries

Gyarados: Water/Dark
    Its callous sense of destruction falls better into Dark rather than Dragon like everyone else wants. I think Mega Gyarados hit the nail perfectly.

Klinklang: Electric/Steel
    Because if it's going to act like an inferior Magnezone, it should make better use of its electric moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Klinklang: Electric/Steel
    Because if it's going to act like an inferior Magnezone, it should make better use of its electric moves.
    But typewise, being part Electric doesn't really do much for Klinklang beyond making it even more vulnerable to Ground.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Blog Entries

Visit The Roach's Youtube Channel

I would take every Normal/Flying type Pokemon and reverse their typing so that they would be Flying/Normal just because it bugs me so much. I organize my boxes by primary type, and the fact that I have to make an exception for Flying types, because there are literally only two Pokemon in existence with Flying as their primary, really bugs me. It doesn't even make sense to me why they are all part Normal type. Flying types are supposed to be resistant to Fighting, but the fact that a majority of Flying types are also part Normal makes this resistance almost pointless.

Ledian in my opinion should be Bug/Psychic instead of Bug/Flying. Ledian always seemed like the Psychic type to me, considering it learns moves like Reflect/Light Screen and Psybeam, though I guess having 6 weaknesses would probably banish it to NU forever.

Yanmega should be Bug/Dark instead of Bug/Flying. Just because it can fly doesn't mean it should be a flying type. It always looked like it belonged to the Dark type. I think it's the eyes; they're very... unsettling.

Also, since we're retconning existing Pokemon to Fairy type and there are currently very few Fairy type Pokemon (only 34 Pokemon!), I think there should be more Fairy types. Pokemon like Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Musharna, Celebi (Change the Psychic type to Fairy, since I'm pretty sure Celebi is supposed to resemble a type of forest guardian fairy) and Milotic all seem like perfect fits for the Fairy type.

Finally, why in the world does Luvdisc not evolve into Alomomola?? Luvdisc is tied with Delibird for being the absolute worst competitive Pokemon ever, and probably just the worst Pokemon period. It's only purpose in life is to be attacked with Thief over and over in the wild for the free heart-scales. It may be a terrible pun, but seriously, Luvdisc could use some love. xD
    Current writing projects:
    |For Better or Worse - It's Electric|

"He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls."

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Florges being a pure Fairy-type makes little sense to me.

The thing has freaking merged with the flower. It should be Fairy/Grass.
    PLUS it learns so many Grass type moves. Like HELLO WHATS THE POINT if it doesn't get STAB for any of those 5-6 moves it knows.
    "I'm going to become a top-level Trainer who can't be outclassed with my beautiful and tough Bug Pokemon!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravioko View Post
    I always thought that Blastoise, or maybe Mega Blastoise, could be half steel stype.
    Not sure if those cannons are enough, since the rest of its body is skin and shell. Maybe if they retconned the shell to be metallic, but we already have Empoleon.
    Celebi could be changed to Fairy/Grass seeing how its probably the Pokemon that is most fitting for it, and the retype could help it a bit by removing some weaknesses.
    100% agree, in fact it barely seems Psychic, Fairy = magic, would cover those time-travel powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elveonora View Post
    For evolution, why isn't the evolutionary line of these Pokemon: Hitmontop (being the baby form) > Tyrogue > Hitmonchan? It visually makes more sense.
    ...Is there something I'm missing? How does that "visually" make more sense than Tyrogue being the baby form and evolving into Hitmontop/Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan? Speaking of which, where does Hitmonlee fit into your idea of that evolutionary line?

Sorry, but I don't see how that makes more sense.
    Tyrogue physically resembles Hitmonchan the most, Hitmontop and Hitmonlee look kinda strange, although Hitmotop looks more related. Unless I'm mistaken, Tyrogue is taller than Hitmontop, which not only is small but also has child like voice in the anime. So yeah, Hitmontop>Tyrogue>Hitmonchan makes more sense to me, I don't care about Lee.
    Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    I'd change Dewott and Samurott to Water/Fighting types, since they are based off of Samurais. I'd also change Typhlosion to Fire/Ground, something about it always gives me that part-Ground typing for some reason. I've always wanted it to have its own secondary typing since it's the only Fire starter without one.
    Yes, Typhlosion being part Ground is something I also thought of. I guess because it kinda resembles a weasel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Togekissed View Post
    Hmmm.... I would also change Lugia to Water/Flying or Psychic/Water.... I never understood why it was Psychic/Flying.
    Shame on me, up to this point, I thought Lugia WAS Water/Flying "blushing" I guess because Ho-oh is fire and water is an opposite to that, considering they are counterparts, it would make more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    Quite a few would have been better with an extra Fairy-type. There aren't enough of Fairies, even though Generation 6 introduced the most Fairies.

- Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy would be very good, because of great coverage to overcome Dark-types. Not only that, its Speed puts it above every Physical Dragon, so its low Physical defence isn't as bad as it might be. Moreover, four immunities are great.
    - Milotic: Water/Fairy, because it would be a defensive alternative to Azumarill. Between Recover and Scald, it would be very good with dealing with Dragon-types.
    - Lilligant: Grass/Fairy to match Whimsicott. It would appreciate more type coverage, because despite Grass and Fairy being resisted by three types, it is much better than just Grass.
    - Audino: Normal/Fairy. No idea why Audino is left out of the type change fun. It would be a decent alternative to every other Fairy, because it has pretty good Physical durability, and with Regenerator, makes it a good defensive pivot.
    - Raichu: Electric/Fairy. Would be interesting, because Raichu's Speed increase and better Physical options (Volt Tackle is a start) would be better than Dedenne. If there is a type change, it would ideally gain access to both Dazzling Gleam and Play Rough.

Thanks for reading.
    I agree with Milotic, it screams Fairy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleMendip View Post
    the Trapinch line should definitely be part-bug, especially what with being in the bug egg group and based on real bugs.
    I'm currently playing Emerald and was shocked that its final evolution is Dragon-Ground... Bug/Fairy would fit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
    Mawile -Fairy/Dark
    I never got why it was a steel type in the first place. It always looked like a Dark type to me. Are the teeth made of steel? It says the jaws are made of steel but looks nothing like metal, and can articulate them as if they were made of flesh and bone.
    Lucario, save the spikes, is hardly steel too.

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch Capricious Equilibrium's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd change it so Cofagrigus would be Ghost/Steel and Golduck Water/Psychic. Makes sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Staraptor should be Fighting-Flying. It would then get STAB for Close Combat and be extremely dangerous.

And what does Celebi have to do with fairies? (Then again, 95% of Fairy Pokémon are unrelated to fairies.)
    It looks like a Fairy?
    It is tiny, has wings, and protects forests. It is more of a fairy then most fairy Pokémon.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

It looks like a Fairy?
    It is tiny, has wings, and protects forests. It is more of a fairy then most fairy Pokémon.
    Just adding to this

Besides the physical characteristics nowadays associated with fairies, it also has a ton of abilities associated with the fae
    I mean, in lore they can be pretty nasty, they pretty much rule the supernatural world, will sometimes whisk away humans, reside in forests (cause nature is seen as the world of the supernatural)

and actually quite a few of the fairy types have to do with faeries, if you don't go with the more modern idea of pretty girls with butterfly wings

the ralts family is based on guardian angels, mawile on a japanese monster, and whimsicott on a combination of things (but has the elements most faeries share, most evident in his prankster ability)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post

It looks like a Fairy?
    Just adding to this

Besides the physical characteristics nowadays associated with fairies, it also has a ton of abilities associated with the fae
    I mean, in lore they can be pretty nasty, they pretty much rule the supernatural world, will sometimes whisk away humans, reside in forests (cause nature is seen as the world of the supernatural)

and actually quite a few of the fairy types have to do with faeries, if you don't go with the more modern idea of pretty girls with butterfly wings

the ralts family is based on guardian angels, mawile on a japanese monster, and whimsicott on a combination of things (but has the elements most faeries share, most evident in his prankster ability)
    Klefki, Mr. Mime, Carbink, Snubbull and Granbull. None have ANY Fairy-ish characteristics that I can see.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast