What plans or traditions do you have come release?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What plans or traditions do you have come release?

Default What plans or traditions do you have come release?

Title should be self explanatory. Me personally I plan to take the weekend off (supposing its out on Sunday) and head to NYC to go to the nintendo world launch.

I personally have a rule come every generation that I reserve both games, one for me one for a special lady. Sadly I've always ended up single come release so I just cancel the second reserve. but traditions need to be kept.

What about you guys, any plans? Any traditions you take part in?

Default Re: What plans or traditions do you have come release?

None really, I just get super excited and play for ages once I get the game.

Blog Entries

Well...

I unwrap the box. Before removing the game I read through the manual (I love the smell) even though I know there won't be any information in there that I don't already know. I think it's because it brings back memories of reading through the manual for Blue - when I really didn't know anything.

Then I insert the game, making sure there is no noise coming from anything else (e.g TV, CD player, dishwasher etc.) and I turn the volume up full on the *insert relevant handheld device*

I tend to not speed up the dialogue for the first section talking to the professor and all that stuff. Not sure if it's through fear of missing vital information or what. As if they're gonna throw a curve ball one of these times...

''This world is inhabited by creatures known as Salsa Dancers.''

WHAAAAA?!

Visit Rozenskye's Youtube Channel

Will wait for maybe atleast a week before getting the game just to check out which pokemon's are in what game and learn more information about it also maybe read some reviews about it first if it's any good. although i'm sure it won't stop me from buying the game.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

My traditions? Going out to buy both games on release day is probably the only real tradition I have. Once home I open the box and take out the manual and other things and read them(I save them all) then put the game in my system and turn it on. I'll watch the intro as I always do the first time I play a Pokemon game and proceed to play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    I tend to not speed up the dialogue for the first section talking to the professor and all that stuff. Not sure if it's through fear of missing vital information or what. As if they're gonna throw a curve ball one of these times...

''This world is inhabited by creatures known as Salsa Dancers.''

WHAAAAA?!
    And then you realize you were at a Salsa dance club instead of playing Pokemon. WHAT.

---
    The only real Pokemon main game traditions I have is to buy both games and get them on release day. After that it's the same for any game I buy: Admiring the box before opening it, look at the cartridges/discs and then I insert them into whatever handheld/console system the game is played on. I always keep everything except inserts that advertises other games and/or Club Nintendo inserts that occasionally slips in. They don't work my country anyway so they're nothing but useless.

I also never look in manuals before I play a game for the first time. I always find out the controls and all info as I play, which is a tradition I've held ever since I was a little kid. I tend to look through the manuals sometime afterwards, but it's often just to look at pretty art.

Once I'm ready to play, I always (when it comes to Pokemon main games) insert the Pokemon version I'm going to play into the handheld and the other in a game case together with my other DS/3DS games. Then I just turn on, watch the intro and proceed to play normally.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

I plan my team and the movesets of each Pokémon before release. Then I go to the store and get told that the games are arriving late (again..) and will arrive in a week or so (yeah right..). And of course they never update the game store sites to include that they have the new Pokémon games so I end up having to call the store. Then I finally get it and that's pretty much it.

Blog Entries

The usual I do for every game, plan my team ahead (which will require spoiling), and that my future team must have Pokemon in it capable of learning Fly and Surf. I can't stand not having those two moves on hand at all times. So my team will probably yet again have a water type and flying type in it.
    Shadow Red and Frenzy Plant like this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Buy it as quickly as possible when it comes out in my country, to avoid spoilers and stuff. (I really want to know all the mons, some new mechanics and stuff though, but story, the region etc.? Nope, not that.)

Oh, and also having a team that consists only of the new mons (I always do this).

Blog Entries

Every Pokémon game I've got had a different experience when I first start it/waited for it to come, so no traditions there.

One thing that I have tried to do for every game is save the box and instructions. Had this going since Gen III (lost the box to my old Gold version, but I still have the manual ).

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always wait for the call that my pre-order is in and can be picked up, have someone drive me to the mall (because if I drove I'd probably kill some people...not that I'm complaining, but court is irritating), head into the GameStop, and buy the game. Then I go home and play it on my bed for hours and hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    The usual I do for every game, plan my team ahead (which will require spoiling), and that my future team must have Pokemon in it capable of learning Fly and Surf. I can't stand not having those two moves on hand at all times. So my team will probably yet again have a water type and flying type in it.
    I do exactly the same.

I just usually get excited a bit, look up some videos (I don't watch all of it, so I don't spoil it) and wait a few weeks and just buy it.

I don't think I've actually bought a pokemon game on the release date.

I'd love to got the the Launch Event in NYC. I went there for the release of Black and White and I had a lot of fun. And I learned some valuable lessons about conventions. Like getting there early. >.<

Blog Entries

Visit Iggyness's Youtube Channel

Buy game on launch, go home, play in comfy chair for hours.

For me, it will be even more fun with no spoilers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast