What if they replaced Red with Ethan in the next SSB? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What if they replaced Red with Ethan in the next SSB?

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What if they replaced Red with Ethan in the next SSB?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I heard that idea before, but it's more likely our Mii character who's going to be customizable.
    Wait, where'd you hear that the Miis were going to be in Smash Bros.? I have my doubts since they weren't in Brawl...
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    I heard that idea before, but it's more likely our Mii character who's going to be customizable.
    Wait, where'd you hear that the Miis were going to be in Smash Bros.? I have my doubts since they weren't in Brawl...
    In the early news regarding the new Smash Bros., Sakurai mentioned about a customizable character exclusive for the 3DS version but will be transferable to the Wii U version. The Mii character fits the bill for the role of a customizable character.

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    In the early news regarding the new Smash Bros., Sakurai mentioned about a customizable character exclusive for the 3DS version but will be transferable to the Wii U version. The Mii character fits the bill for the role of a customizable character.
    What I thought was that the characters themselves were customisable on the 3DS version, with their movesets uploaded to the Wii U version...I wonder if we're just hearing this wrong.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Add Chiss on Facebook

Would it only be available for wii U? -.- Or would it work on original wii?

I would easily get over it, but they do need the newer characters involved in games like this. Red's had his time.

Shining Monstrosity Elesa Ver 2.0's Avatar

I hope the showcase pokemon isn't Zoroark :/
    I thINk sOMeTHinG WeNT wRonG wiTH thAt LaST updAtE

I'd love for it tobe Zoroark. D8; Purin needs to be kicked out, seriously. Maybe we don't need Red, he can be replaced with Mewtwo. That way, everyone is happy. Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark. I seriously hate Purin, I can't wait for him to be long gone, even if it will never happen. "OTL Sigh...
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    I'd love for it tobe Zoroark. D8; Purin needs to be kicked out, seriously. Maybe we don't need Red, he can be replaced with Mewtwo. That way, everyone is happy. Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark. I seriously hate Purin, I can't wait for him to be long gone, even if it will never happen. "OTL Sigh...
    No, just no...

Purin has been part of the series since the very beginning. She's part of the original 12, who appeared in all three SSB titles to date. It's become a tradition to have all of them in a SSB title. As for Mewtwo, it depends if the number of reps for Nintendo's cash cow franchises will be added up to 6 rather than 5, so we have Pikachu, Purin, Red, Mewtwo, Zoroark, and Iris.

I honestly doubt Zoroark will get in. It stopped being relevant years ago and by the time the next SSB comes out will be long-forgotten as the spotlight falls on some Gen 6 Pokemon.

No, just no...

Purin has been part of the series since the very beginning. She's part of the original 12, who appeared in all three SSB titles to date. It's become a tradition to have all of them in a SSB title. As for Mewtwo, it depends if the number of reps for Nintendo's cash cow franchises will be added up to 6 rather than 5, so we have Pikachu, Purin, Red, Mewtwo, Zoroark, and Iris.
    I know that, hence the "it will never happen". :/ I can still hate that dumb puffball for taking a spot a more deserving Pokemon could have taken.

And that's true, 4 is such a limiting number, especially with all the Mario characters in. I hope Smash 4 can include everyone.

But how the heck would you think Iris of all people would be playable? She's not a player character, she's a Gym Leader/Champion. It's gonna be Red, or another Pokemon Trainer. But certainly not Iris.

@Zistal; Zoroark is clearly meant to be the next Lucario, and even if he isn't *as* popular, he and Zorua were the first Pokemon of Gen V to be revealed. Plus Zoroark and Zorua got to star in a movie, much like Lucario did. I'd say that's pretty relevant. Better than Purin, the only reason he's still there is because, as GD reminds me (I forget, eheh), he's part of the original 12.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Thats like replacing Chuck Norris with f*cking Jackie Chan. Jackie Chan is still awesome, but Chuck Norris has already been to Mars. Thats why theres no signs of life. Heh heh... Any body? Ok.....
    Ghetsis-Dennis likes this.

Zoroark is clearly meant to be the next Lucario, and even if he isn't *as* popular, he and Zorua were the first Pokemon of Gen V to be revealed. Plus Zoroark and Zorua got to star in a movie, much like Lucario did. I'd say that's pretty relevant. Better than Purin, the only reason he's still there is because, as GD reminds me (I forget, eheh), he's part of the original 12.
    All of that; however, as I mentioned was years ago. Zoroark pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth by the end of 2010 once its movie and the Gen 5 hype train were out of the way from what I recall. Not to mention when next February rolls around, Lucario 3.0 will come... Why bother featuring an old and busted character who stopped being relevant ages ago and has since been replaced?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

But how the heck would you think Iris of all people would be playable? She's not a player character, she's a Gym Leader/Champion. It's gonna be Red, or another Pokemon Trainer. But certainly not Iris.
    Um Zelda (the CD-i never happened)? Ganondorf? Possibly Ghirahim, Ridley, and Palutena? Iris still has a chance at appearing due to Axew's popularity along with her popularity in the anime.

It it was based off of the anime, then Ash would have been the trainer, not Red. Sakurai specifically wanted to avoid anime characters for Pokemon, even if the anime helped Purin and Lucario get in. Plus Iris isn't nearly as popular as stupid Kasumi. Haruka and Hikari are also quite popular, too.

Zelda and Ganny are important main characters of the games. You can't compare them to Iris, it's not the same thing. Iris isn't important in the Pokemon games, she's just GL/Champion. The anime has nothing to do with the games.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It it was based off of the anime, then Ash would have been the trainer, not Red. Sakurai specifically wanted to avoid anime characters for Pokemon, even if the anime helped Purin and Lucario get in.
    Thank you for repeating what I just said from my first post. Also, Sakurai wanted to avoid using characters exclusive to other anime and manga (Ex: Escargoon), not just Pokemon.

Plus Iris isn't nearly as popular as stupid Kasumi. Haruka and Hikari are also quite popular, too.
    But the fact that Iris is in the anime as the current female lead automatically disqualified Kasumi, Haruka, and Hikari.

Zelda and Ganny are important main characters of the games. You can't compare them to Iris, it's not the same thing. Iris isn't important in the Pokemon games, she's just GL/Champion. The anime has nothing to do with the games.
    It's still the same because BW2 made Iris as popular as Red, Green, Takeshi, Kasumi, Cynthia, and Touko. Your mentioning of the anime not having to do with the games contradicts how Purin and Lucario got in. But even if they decide not to pick Iris, Touko will still not be chosen due to her not being around the same age as Red, so they have to pick Haruka, Hikari, Kotone, Leaf, or Crystal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast