What if they replaced Red with Ethan in the next SSB?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What if they replaced Red with Ethan in the next SSB?

Blog Entries

Default What if they replaced Red with Ethan in the next SSB?

Since Red was playable in Brawl do you think Ethan should be playable in the next Smash Bros. game with Totodile, Bayleaf and Typhlosion?

Default Re: What if they replaced Red with Ethan in the next SSB?

I think Hilbert or Nate should be the next SSB Trainer. D: ALL of the Pokemon representatives of Smash have been Kanto/Johto characters with the sole exception of Lucario. I would unleash my rage if the FRLG hero gets replaced with Ethan instead of someone more deserving. Heck, I'd rather have Brendan or Lucas, but definitely not Ethan. It has to be Hilbert or Nate, but especially Nate at the moment, he deserves more love.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

It would be just as stale as Red. What it should be is the guys/girls of BWB2W2, with Snivy, Dewott, and Emboar. Or N.
    Ghetsis-Dennis and Reila like this.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

^ I agree.

What we need is a female trainer in the next SSB to co-exist with Red, but based on my research on studying the rosters from the previous titles, it's most likely going to be Iris (I've even made a whole blog regarding my reasons why). From one of my studies. Pokemon gets their reps based on their popularity in Japan from their anime incarnations (it's how Jigglypuff and Lucario got in). Red is a special case because Ash is an anime character, which Sakurai forbids, so they have to choose the character who resembles Ash. The only female trainers, around Red/Ash's age, who made it to the anime are Misty, Crystal/Marina, May, Dawn, Lyra, and Iris (that means Leaf, Hilda, and Rosa are automatically disqualified). Unfortunately, they may only pick the most popular/recent female trainer, followed by the fact that we could have two BW reps due to the sequels, who is around Red's age, and that is why I hate Iris, because she ruined the chances of my other favorite female trainers by being the current female lead. It gets worse, she has the potential to have a unique fighting style from Red by borrowing jungle girl traits and using Axew, who is fairly popular, from her anime incarnation. My only hope is the sixth gen female trainer to step, assuming if her design is just as good as my other female trainers. However, I do have these ideas if that theory is proven false:

Lyra - Chikorita, Quilava, Feraligatr
    May - Treecko, Marshtomp, Blaziken
    Dawn - Piplup, Monferno, Torterra
    Hilda/Rosa - Snivy, Dewott, Emboar

Why are you so certain that a girl trainer will be in the next Smash? Look at Smash's history and count the female characters. Just like Wolf got picked over Krystal, I can see Hilbert or Nate getting chosen over Hilda or Rosa.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Why are you so certain that a girl trainer will be in the next Smash? Look at Smash's history and count the female characters. Just like Wolf got picked over Krystal, I can see Hilbert or Nate getting chosen over Hilda or Rosa.
    The difference is that Japan hates Krystal (and mostly Sakurai's questionable bias for Star Fox), and there are other female Nintendo characters more popular than her (Ex: Miciah, Palutena, and Iris)

Yeah, I think they need to have more pokemon that aren't Generation 1 in the game...

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAZZ0Murder View Post
    Yeah, I think they need to have more pokemon that aren't Generation 1 in the game...
    You do have to understand, of course, that it was Generation I only playable because that was the only one that existed in Smash Bros. at the time of the original's release, meanwhile the recently new Gold, Silver & Crystal were just out by the time of Melee. They never added any characters playable from Generation II and I outside of Pikachu and Jigglypuff, and even when the time of Brawl came along, only Lucario and Pokémon Trainer got in. The latter is a very strange case of anime popularity, of course...

What I want to see for the next generation Smash Bros. is that, given the possibility that was hinted at equipping new items (presumably for combat as well as visual), that we actually get a choice to customise our Pokémon Trainer to be any one of the six player characters of the series, along with (some) freedom of choice regarding Pokémon selection to mix up play styles.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Well I know those details, but in terms of playable Pokemon, I think Pokemon Trainer could have had at least a Gen II and Gen III pokemon...oh well ^^;

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker Jirachi View Post
    What I want to see for the next generation Smash Bros. is that, given the possibility that was hinted at equipping new items (presumably for combat as well as visual), that we actually get a choice to customise our Pokémon Trainer to be any one of the six player characters of the series, along with (some) freedom of choice regarding Pokémon selection to mix up play styles.
    How on earth is that going to work? Wario never had that similar feature when you change to his classic overalls, so what makes you think it'll do the same for Red?

Cycling through Wario's colors will show both his Made In Wario outfit and his classic outfit; I think Wishmaker Jirachi is talking about the same thing. Like for example, you select Pokemon Trainer, and go through Red's colors; after his colors you go to the next trainer, I guess Ethan since his Gen is next, and so on after you go through the colors they have. The Wii U will certainly be powerful enough for that many characters, I should think, and maybe the 3DS too.

@Ghetsis-Dennis; Oh yeah, I forgot about Japan not liking Krystal very much. But even so, there is still a staggering male-to-female ratio in the Smash series: just Zelda, Peach, Samus, and Nana. And Nana is there only Popo is too. I still very much doubt that any female PC would make it in.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Cycling through Wario's colors will show both his Made In Wario outfit and his classic outfit; I think Wishmaker Jirachi is talking about the same thing. Like for example, you select Pokemon Trainer, and go through Red's colors; after his colors you go to the next trainer, I guess Ethan since his Gen is next, and so on after you go through the colors they have. The Wii U will certainly be powerful enough for that many characters, I should think, and maybe the 3DS too.
    There's a thing called DLC costumes, and they're most likely going to use Red's classic R/B/Y costume than another male trainer.

@Ghetsis-Dennis; Oh yeah, I forgot about Japan not liking Krystal very much. But even so, there is still a staggering male-to-female ratio in the Smash series: just Zelda, Peach, Samus, and Nana. And Nana is there only Popo is too. I still very much doubt that any female PC would make it in.
    Then my idea is a failure.

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    How on earth is that going to work? Wario never had that similar feature when you change to his classic overalls, so what makes you think it'll do the same for Red?
    I was talking about the fact that they're apparently going to feature customisation for characters, such as equipping certain items to give characters a different moveset...or at least, that's what I heard.
    What I listed about the character appearance is mutually exclusive to the idea of the custom Pokémon, if you're wondering.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

I think that they'd either use Red again - because he is considered to be the very best, like no one ever was - or use the male character from the newest main game (judging by that there have been no female Pokémon Trainer is the Super Smas Bros. series as far as I know).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I was talking about the fact that they're apparently going to feature customisation for characters, such as equipping certain items to give characters a different moveset...or at least, that's what I heard.
    What I listed about the character appearance is mutually exclusive to the idea of the custom Pokémon, if you're wondering.
    I heard that idea before, but it's more likely our Mii character who's going to be customizable.

I think that they'd either use Red again - because he is considered to be the very best, like no one ever was - or use the male character from the newest main game (judging by that there have been no female Pokémon Trainer is the Super Smas Bros. series as far as I know).
    Of course Red will return because he first appeared in Brawl as a default character, and from my research, default characters are safe from getting axed (Bowser, Peach, Zelda/Sheik, and Ice Climbers all made it).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast