What elements of the anime would you like to see incorporated into the games?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What elements of the anime would you like to see incorporated into the games?

Blog Entries

Default What elements of the anime would you like to see incorporated into the games?

For me it would have to be a lot of things dealing with Pokemon battles:

Being able to (DB-Abridged Piccolo voice) DODGE!!!! attacks like in the show. I love it when a trainer tells their Pokemon to "Use Dodge!" like its an actual attack move haha so why not put it in the games? I've been playing since the days of RBY and simply watching two (or nowadays 6) Pokemon just staring at each other on the screen isn't enough anymore. Simply put its about whoever lands the first hit and if you got the goods to not only take an attack but send one back even harder.

Battles would be a lot more interesting because you'd have to be on your toes to be on defense and offense at the same time.

Combo moves would be great too, I mean you can do that now but I mean attacks like Tucker's Water Pulse and Fire Blast move that was incredible. Or Swellow's amazing way of using its speed attacks to dodge and land powerful moves like Quick Attack and Aerial Ace. Pikachu's Volt Tail, I could go on

Show Pokemon that "float/fly" in the anime actually be able to avoid moves like Fissure or Earthquake: Magnemite, Lampent, etc.

I'm going to stop there and let you put your input in. I have a lot more but I want to hear what you have to say.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: What elements of the anime would you like to see incorporated into the games?

I'd hate to see dodging. I'd get so annoyed from wasting PP on opponents who just dodge.

I'd like to see Victory Road replaced with a Pokemon League tournament. You could train from battling Trainers you would normally struggle to search for on Victory Road, and you could meet more diverse teams and Trainers.

I'd also like to see more towns without Gyms. Just small but important places you can visit, like Nimbasa Town in the anime.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Default Re: What elements of the anime would you like to see incorporated into the games?

When you use an attack you could hit somebody into a wall and they'd take damage from the attack and the collision

Blog Entries

I can screw fainting by telling my pokemon to get up.

More communication between player and Pokemon would be nice. HGSS's following Pokemon was a start. More NPC Pokemon in the overworld for the player to talk to would help as well.

The Contests in the games should be more like the ones from the anime.

I might have actually bothered doing all the contest ranks in the games if they had battles like in the show.

Blog Entries

Favorite one so far has to be making Victory Road into a legit Pokemon League Tournament! I'd love to have different rounds of battle against a variety of Pokemon before the E4 and Champion. Also the Champion League would be cool too, but I guess the PWT takes care of that one already...

How about this one guys: Having your Pokemon or opponents Pokemon evolving in the middle of a match? Think about it your lv 37 Staraptor beaten by a Shinx or something at a lv around 20 or 22 (because Staraptor has low HPs or something, this is just an example) and it changes to its next form?

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

The characters themselves, I'll sell my organs to play a game with Paul in it.

"seasons change, people change"

*I imagine if they were ever to add a dodge component it would be something like : Chose dodge instead of an attack ability (unless we went as far as using some attacks as dodges),which is a seperate option like bag, and if your speed is greater or equal then you dodge. If its slower then you have a small chance of dodging , a greater chance of a 'partial' dodge where you avoid the direct hit but still take some damage or a failed dodge where you take full damage.
    *Adding to this , if you successfully dodge your next attack gets first priority unless the opponent uses an priority move.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    The characters themselves, I'll sell my organs to play a game with Paul in it.
    Where have you been all my life? xD

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

After consulting a couple of mods, the thread has been moved to the video game section.

@Paulisthebest;
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

The league tournaments in the anime sounds like a nice idea for the game, it would be a challenge and would get your Pokemon a lot of experience before the Elite 4. I also think the Contests in the anime would be much more interesting for the game.

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I wouldn't mind seeing the Elite 4 and Champion being replaced with a tournament between other trainers (or as the anime seems to be hyping lately, have one of those before the Elite 4 and Champion).

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Evolving during battle XDD It just makes an awesome twist

Blog Entries

Being able to hit Pokemon that use Dig to go underground by firing attacks at the hole they dug.

Or another method of using an attack on/in the ground: Most famously Ursaring's Hammer Arm or Throh's Superpower to unearth their opponents.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast