What do you want to see less of in X&Y? - Page 8

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

BW2 just saw the introduction of a bunch of invasive species that firmly took up residence. It was just a period of 2 years. It makes sense ecologically.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    BW2 just saw the introduction of a bunch of invasive species that firmly took up residence. It was just a period of 2 years. It makes sense ecologically.
    Many of those Pokemon weren't truly invasive species, though, because they were already residing in areas that happened to be post game in BW1. Wouldn't it make more sense for those Pokemon to be able to spread more easily?

I want to start seeing less bird, rodent and annoying normal pokemon popping up in the bushes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I want to start seeing less bird, rodent and annoying normal pokemon popping up in the bushes.
    Then they would just re-use Rattata and Pidgey in that case.

The reason they mainly have normal types pop up is because they're usually simple typings, common and easy to train for new trainers just starting out, and generally neutral to either typing of whatever starter the player picks. It'd be pretty damn annoying if I picked a Water type starter, and ran into an electric or grass type the very moment I step into the first route.

And please don't say "But oh, Pidgey has an advantage over Bulbasaur." Not when the only move it knows is Tackle or Normal-typed Gust in Gen I. The flying types don't count because they generally don't know flying-type moves that early on.
    Foxeaf likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post

The reason they mainly have normal types pop up is because they're usually simple typings, common and easy to train for new trainers just starting out, and generally neutral to either typing of whatever starter the player picks. It'd be pretty damn annoying if I picked a Water type starter, and ran into an electric or grass type the very moment I step into the first route.
    I understand that. I'm not just talking about electric types, but more other types as well instead of so late in the game so that I can start training them. For example, Gothita and Solosis could have been done earlier due to the fact that they are small and aren't too tough. The same goes with Cherubi and some other pokemon that could be caught earlier if they wanted to not be lazy.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I understand that. I'm not just talking about electric types, but more other types as well instead of so late in the game so that I can start training them. For example, Gothita and Solosis could have been done earlier due to the fact that they are small and aren't too tough. The same goes with Cherubi and some other pokemon that could be caught earlier if they wanted to not be lazy.
    I sincerely doubt GameFreak added those Pokemon later during the game due to Laziness.
    Isamu Akai likes this.

Blog Entries

I'm not just saying Electric types. Any other typing found in early routes would be considered unfair to the starters that people picked, as well as make the early game too easy for those who catch these typings. It's all about making a balance. And really, why should we find a psychic type, a type that is highly regarded as being one of the best, be found as early as the first or second route? It makes more sense for them to be found later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    I wish they'd stop up-leveling the moves.
    This is something that baffled me, because it makes Lucario much less useful in BW2. It's even more annoying with Riolu's Force Palm, which they bumped up from Lv. 11 to Lv. 15. Which may not seem like much in the grand scheme of things, but if you want to teach your Riolu Force Palm to beat Cheren...
    . . . Y'know, I'd bet that is precisely the reason they bumped Riolu's Force Palm up a few levels in BW2, to keep you from winning your first boss battle too easily. In which case it's not lazy, but quite the contrary.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I'm not just saying Electric types. Any other typing found in early routes would be considered unfair to the starters that people picked, as well as make the early game too easy for those who catch these typings. It's all about making a balance. And really, why should we find a psychic type, a type that is highly regarded as being one of the best, be found as early as the first or second route? It makes more sense for them to be found later.
    Just reminding you that Ralts could be found around the 2nd town - way BEFORE you challenged the first gym in RSE, and it was possible to get a Ralts BEFORE you even did that capture tutorial with Wally. They were rare, but it took patience and time to raise it to be decent.

Blog Entries

To be fair though, Ralts is also rare to encounter. I remember once spending at least two hours searching for a male Ralts to transfer over to Diamond. They're not that commonly found, else I would have gotten my male sooner. I do admit though that Ralts is an exception... but nonetheless an exception. It's not like all generations have a psychic type in their second routes.

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

To be fair though, Ralts is also rare to encounter. I remember once spending at least two hours searching for a male Ralts to transfer over to Diamond. They're not that commonly found, else I would have gotten my male sooner. I do admit though that Ralts is an exception... but nonetheless an exception. It's not like all generations have a psychic type in their second routes.
    In Crystal, (which is the game I played from gen II) you could find Gastly on the third route at night, as well as in the Sprout Tower, which is pretty early game, after all, and Gastly and its evolutions are considered to be excellent and can learn a number of psychic moves. In Black and White, you could catch a Munna in the Dreamyard, which is also early game. I don't know how good of a pokemon Munna is, since I've never used one, but it is an early game psychic type. In DPt, you can catch a Shinx on the second route, which is generally considered to be a good electric type pokemon that can also learn some great dark moves.

I think there's been a decent number of generations that allow you to get your hands on some pretty good pokemon early on, though of course I wouldn't be opposed to them making more interesting pokemon available earlier.

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Yes, they are painfully rare, but at least you can capture them without having to worry they might use Teleport because they are level 5 at the most and the only move they know is Growl. Abras could appear as early as the 3rd or 4th route but they escape almost everytime, and if it's that early in the game, you probably don't have any Quick Balls.

Anyways, I'd like an early decent pokemon like Ralts, no matter how rare it is.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And really, why should we find a psychic type, a type that is highly regarded as being one of the best, be found as early as the first or second route? It makes more sense for them to be found later.
    Because they no longer are one of the best? We've been seeing Dark types in the early game quite often recently, so I think it'd be pretty fair to have a Psychic type equally early.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    . . . Y'know, I'd bet that is precisely the reason they bumped Riolu's Force Palm up a few levels in BW2, to keep you from winning your first boss battle too easily. In which case it's not lazy, but quite the contrary.
    I doubt it, not when they want to make the game more accessible to newbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Purellian View Post
    In Crystal, (which is the game I played from gen II) you could find Gastly on the third route at night, as well as in the Sprout Tower, which is pretty early game, after all, and Gastly and its evolutions are considered to be excellent and can learn a number of psychic moves.
    Ghost is way more broken a type to have early in the game, since it's immune to the Normal type Pokemon and moves that are so common at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    I doubt it, not when they want to make the game more accessible to newbies.
    You sure you're not confusing "accessible" with "easy" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Yes, they are painfully rare, but at least you can capture them without having to worry they might use Teleport because they are level 5 at the most and the only move they know is Growl. Abras could appear as early as the 3rd or 4th route but they escape almost everytime, and if it's that early in the game, you probably don't have any Quick Balls.
    Not to mention how Quick Balls weren't introduced until G4....

Registered User Player 2 Press Start's Avatar
    Follow Player 2 Press Start On Twitter Add Player 2 Press Start on Facebook
    Visit Player 2 Press Start's Youtube Channel

I want to see a more fluid form of gameplay. In all other generations the game takes its time with resenting any and all information in battles. For instance you get the text of what is happening....then it animates.... then the next step happens. I think they have always stuck with this because it is more suspenseful, but I think nowadays it just makes everything drag on.

More creative Pokemon designs would be nice too. I mean last generation had a freaking ice cream cone as a Pokemon.....really...
    youtube.com/Player2PressStartLP

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast