What do you want to see less of in X&Y? - Page 5

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 196
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

  1. #61
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,213

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    I don't really mind baby Pokemon. Aside from the second generation, I don't think that they've introduced that many baby Pokemon in a single generation. Besides that, they can have cute designs and can provide egg moves that Pokemon otherwise wouldn't be able to use. I prefer evolutions over pre-evolutions just because the former tends to be more useful than the later, but as long as they don't go overboard with introducing pre-evolutions, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of them in this generation, depending on what Pokemon they evolve into.

  2. #62
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    I don't mind baby Pokemon either as long as with everything else, they don't introduce too many at a time. I suspect Baby Pokemon may have more uses than people may think. Out of the millions of Pokemon fans in the world, it is possible there are a few that actually enjoy battling with Baby Pokemon.

  3. #63
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I don't mind baby Pokemon either as long as with everything else, they don't introduce too many at a time. I suspect Baby Pokemon may have more uses than people may think. Out of the millions of Pokemon fans in the world, it is possible there are a few that actually enjoy battling with Baby Pokemon.
    There is. Some people do Little Cup style battles in competitive play. I know that Smogon have entire pages dedicated to that.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  4. #64
    Registered User Zweilous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    As mentioned before, I'd like to see less pre-evolutions and forms. The former is because from a practicality point of view there's not a lot of point to them, they don't fill a niche nor add anything to the previously released Pokémon. Forms are pretty obvious, as much as I like the Kami trio's forms and Kyurem B/W, they did go a bit overboard with them and I'd like to see less of that, unfortunately with Mewtwo's upcoming form I kind of doubt that's going to change.

    As for the legendaries, I'm probably the only one who doesn't really mind the numbers as much as the story behind them. Yeah the previous gens had less but looking back, some of the legendaries didn't have much to them. Yeah we had those like Mewtwo, but then we have the Legendary Birds who have no story to them at all. Nowadays, the only time I really felt the legendaries were lacking was in Gen 4 and even then it was just a spare few of them (looking at you Phione), the rest I felt there's more to them because there is more of a backstory and purpose to them and that makes them more interesting. If they do a job like that where the legendaries are very interesting, I don't mind the number, I just something to sink my teeth into.

  5. #65
    Registered User Stratelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Charazemma View Post
    Do something with the HM's - PLEASE!

    Its getting ridiculous now, especially for my water type team mate. Surf/Whirlpool/Waterfall/Dive. Add in Strength/Cut/Fly/Defog (Have I forgotten one? Theres too many) and that's a lot of valuable move slots taken up.
    At least Whirlpool was more or less Johto exclusive. However, you know the rule that you need to find a Move Deleter to remove HM moves? That needs to be done away with. If you have the HM, you should be able to make a Pokemon forget HM moves at any time (because if you really do need it you can just use the HM over again). The only restrictions would be if (1) you don't have the HM, (2) the HM move is currently in actual use (e.g. Surf), or (3) the Pokemon can't use the HM (e.g. Smeargle).

    Of course, if this were the case why would we even need the Move Deleter at all?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    As for the legendaries, I'm probably the only one who doesn't really mind the numbers as much as the story behind them.
    I can totally agree there. G2 introduced "only" six legendaries but all of them had some justification for being there. Ho-Oh and the three beasts in the Burned Tower, Lugia at the bottom of the Whirl Islands, even Celebi got some mentions (if not by name) as the protector of Ilex Forest.

    One thing I would like to see "less" of in XY is Pokemon breeding. Let's recap, shall we?

    1 - You couldn't breed Pokemon in Kanto. Not just because G1 was before breeding was introduced, but even in FR/LG the only breedable Daycare Center was in the Sevii Islands, and you can only get to it after beating the E4 and Rival.
    2 - In Johto, you could breed Pokemon before the third Gym; the Daycare center is right along the path to Goldenrod.
    3 - Hoenn's Daycare Center is just west of Mauville and you can start breeding soon as you get there.
    4 - Sinnoh's Daycare is in Solaceon, which you can reach before the 4th Gym Badge.
    5a - Unova's Daycare is early on near Striaton but you can't breed Pokemon in BW1 until reaching Nimbasa (after 3 Gym Badges) and meeting the Old Man who helps run the daycare.
    5b - In BW2, you can't cross Skyarrow bridge and reach the Daycare until after defeating the E4 and Champ.

    Note that FRLG and BW2 are the only main series games where you can't breed Pokemon until after completing the game. There is a certain charm to beating the game with only the Pokemon you actually caught in the wild.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 12th April 2013 at 10:28 PM.

  6. #66
    Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where the Adventure Lies
    Posts
    1,148
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    One thing I would like to see "less" of in XY is Pokemon breeding. Let's recap, shall we?

    1 - You couldn't breed Pokemon in Kanto. Not just because G1 was before breeding was introduced, but even in FR/LG the only breedable Daycare Center was in the Sevii Islands, and you can only get to it after beating the E4 and Rival.
    2 - In Johto, you could breed Pokemon before the third Gym; the Daycare center is right along the path to Goldenrod.
    3 - Hoenn's Daycare Center is just west of Mauville and you can start breeding soon as you get there.
    4 - Sinnoh's Daycare is in Solaceon, which you can reach before the 4th Gym Badge.
    5a - Unova's Daycare is early on near Striaton but you can't breed Pokemon in BW1 until reaching Nimbasa (after 3 Gym Badges) and meeting the Old Man who helps run the daycare.
    5b - In BW2, you can't cross Skyarrow bridge and reach the Daycare until after defeating the E4 and Champ.

    Note that FRLG and BW2 are the only main series games where you can't breed Pokemon until after completing the game. There is a certain charm to beating the game with only the Pokemon you actually caught in the wild.
    You might find a certain charm to it, but others might be annoyed that they're restricting people from being able to use their favorites. This was something that I hated BW2 for, because when you couple this with the lack of good choices earlier in the game, it made selecting a team for this game an utter nightmare for me. If you don't like it, fine, don't use it. But just because you don't want to use it doesn't mean the rest of us should be denied as well.

  7. #67
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    I too believe the Day care should not be post story only. Sure, some people like to battle with the Pokemon they caught (including me, I only breed to complete my Pokedex), however, plenty of people like being able to breed their own team too, and I see no problem with that at all. I don't see any reason why the Day care should be available post game only.
    Silverwynde and Mokoniki like this.

  8. #68
    Wreck 'n' Rule WGoNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Follow WGoNerd On Twitter

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    One thing I would like to see "less" of in XY is Pokemon breeding. Let's recap, shall we?

    1 - You couldn't breed Pokemon in Kanto. Not just because G1 was before breeding was introduced, but even in FR/LG the only breedable Daycare Center was in the Sevii Islands, and you can only get to it after beating the E4 and Rival.
    2 - In Johto, you could breed Pokemon before the third Gym; the Daycare center is right along the path to Goldenrod.
    3 - Hoenn's Daycare Center is just west of Mauville and you can start breeding soon as you get there.
    4 - Sinnoh's Daycare is in Solaceon, which you can reach before the 4th Gym Badge.
    5a - Unova's Daycare is early on near Striaton but you can't breed Pokemon in BW1 until reaching Nimbasa (after 3 Gym Badges) and meeting the Old Man who helps run the daycare.
    5b - In BW2, you can't cross Skyarrow bridge and reach the Daycare until after defeating the E4 and Champ.

    Note that FRLG and BW2 are the only main series games where you can't breed Pokemon until after completing the game. There is a certain charm to beating the game with only the Pokemon you actually caught in the wild.
    You might find a certain charm to it, but others might be annoyed that they're restricting people from being able to use their favorites. This was something that I hated BW2 for, because when you couple this with the lack of good choices earlier in the game, it made selecting a team for this game an utter nightmare for me. If you don't like it, fine, don't use it. But just because you don't want to use it doesn't mean the rest of us should be denied as well.
    The lack of good choices early in the game really hindered all the Gen 5 games. It took so long to get to the "good" pokemon that a couple people I know just gave up on the games.

    So my answer to the thread's question goes in line with that I would like to see less of a lack of variety early in the game. Gens 3 & 4 did a good job with this I think, they had a lot of different types from several different pokemon early on.

  9. #69
    Registered User Zweilous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by WGoNerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    One thing I would like to see "less" of in XY is Pokemon breeding. Let's recap, shall we?

    1 - You couldn't breed Pokemon in Kanto. Not just because G1 was before breeding was introduced, but even in FR/LG the only breedable Daycare Center was in the Sevii Islands, and you can only get to it after beating the E4 and Rival.
    2 - In Johto, you could breed Pokemon before the third Gym; the Daycare center is right along the path to Goldenrod.
    3 - Hoenn's Daycare Center is just west of Mauville and you can start breeding soon as you get there.
    4 - Sinnoh's Daycare is in Solaceon, which you can reach before the 4th Gym Badge.
    5a - Unova's Daycare is early on near Striaton but you can't breed Pokemon in BW1 until reaching Nimbasa (after 3 Gym Badges) and meeting the Old Man who helps run the daycare.
    5b - In BW2, you can't cross Skyarrow bridge and reach the Daycare until after defeating the E4 and Champ.

    Note that FRLG and BW2 are the only main series games where you can't breed Pokemon until after completing the game. There is a certain charm to beating the game with only the Pokemon you actually caught in the wild.
    You might find a certain charm to it, but others might be annoyed that they're restricting people from being able to use their favorites. This was something that I hated BW2 for, because when you couple this with the lack of good choices earlier in the game, it made selecting a team for this game an utter nightmare for me. If you don't like it, fine, don't use it. But just because you don't want to use it doesn't mean the rest of us should be denied as well.
    The lack of good choices early in the game really hindered all the Gen 5 games. It took so long to get to the "good" pokemon that a couple people I know just gave up on the games.
    While BW had a lack of variety, I don't know if I'd say that it lacked good choices in the beginning. Pokémon like Oshawott/Tepig, Lillipup, Petlil, Tympole, Sawk/Throh, Timburr, and Drillbur (and while not great, Sewaddle and Venipede) all came early and were good in-game. Then before mid-game you get Sandile, Scraggy, Sigilph, Archen and Darumaka. BW2 was admittedly worse though since the distribution was pretty bad despite having a lot more Pokémon in the Pokedex. You had a good selection before the second gym with Pokémon like Magnemite, Riolu, Azurill, etc. but then it falls off until after Skyla.
    Last edited by Zweilous; 13th April 2013 at 12:46 AM.

  10. #70
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Zweilous brings up a good point and one that I had forgotten before.

    I never liked the availability of things in BW. And while it was improved a little in BW2, it still wasn't a great improvement. Many other things came ridiculously late, and this has actually turned me off from creating certain teams that I considered before.

    But this also brings me to another point - The Pokemon in Gen 5 evolved at some of the most ridiculous levels I've ever seen. Joltik at level 36? Blitzle at 27? Larvesta at fucking level 59? I suppose this works a little better when you're solely catching Pokemon in the wild, as their levels would be a little more closer to their required evolutions, but this is real annoyance when you're breeding them and such otherwise. Distribution in BW is most likely also to blame for this. Younger Pokemon being available later in the games equals later levels to evolve to balance it out. But that kind of approach still doesn't make it good.

    This is definitely something that I hope GF improves on in Gen 6, or at least go back to how it was before. The other regions all had fair distributions and evolution levels, I'd rather they return to something like that.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  11. #71
    is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cheaters anywhere
    Posts
    872
    Blog Entries
    18
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Version-exclusives and baby Pokémon. Too many version exclusives and players cannot complete any collection if they're offline. Baby Pokémon could be cute but most requires happiness/friendship to evolve.

  12. #72
    Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where the Adventure Lies
    Posts
    1,148
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by WGoNerd View Post
    The lack of good choices early in the game really hindered all the Gen 5 games. It took so long to get to the "good" pokemon that a couple people I know just gave up on the games.
    I never really noticed that in BW1, probably because at that point everything was new and I had a ton of stuff to play around with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    While BW had a lack of variety, I don't know if I'd say that it lacked good choices in the beginning. Pokémon like Oshawott/Tepig, Lillipup, Petlil, Tympole, Sawk/Throh, Timburr, and Drillbur (and while not great, Sewaddle and Venipede) all came early and were good in-game. Then before mid-game you get Sandile, Scraggy, Sigilph, Archen and Darumaka. BW2 was admittedly worse though since the distribution was pretty bad despite having a lot more Pokémon in the Pokedex. You had a good selection before the second gym with Pokémon like Magnemite, Riolu, Azurill, etc. but then it falls off until after Skyla.
    That's pretty much what I was talking about, when I said "early game", I meant before East Unova. I agree, the distribution up until the second gym was great. It's that stretch from Castelia to Mistralton that needed work, they barely changed it at all from BW1 despite the new Pokemon added, and there's plenty that they could've added in those areas.

  13. #73
    Akromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,341
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Oh, another thing. Less HMs. Actually, no HMs at all. I've gone into this argument many times so I won't start again, but the need of carrying around HM slaves that takes up a valuable party slot (for most people I suppose, I personally usually do my playthroughs with like 4 Pokemon) and/or very valuable move slots is getting ridiculous (actually, it was already ridiculous several generations ago).

    They're pretty illogical too (for example, why do I need to to teach my bird Fly? Yes, it's an attacking move, but for use in the overworld? Give me a break).
    Logic settles in when you realize your Pokemon isn't used to having you on its back, so you have to teach it to go where you want it to go. Hopefully in X and Y Pokemon are a little smarter, or don't have to use a moveslot for it.

  14. #74
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    Version-exclusives and baby Pokémon. Too many version exclusives and players cannot complete any collection if they're offline. Baby Pokémon could be cute but most requires happiness/friendship to evolve.
    I disagree in regards to version exclusive Pokemon. Without version exclusives, what point would there be in having two versions of the game? Yes it can be disheartening when the version you get doesn't have the Pokemon you want in it, but there's a reason why we have version exclusives. To set versions apart and to encourage trading.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  15. #75
    Registered User Purellian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    298
    Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

    I really hope they go back to letting us trade pokemon as soon as we have caught one. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have to wait until after the first gym has been beaten to trade. It makes it impossible to do a mono-run with any non-starter pokemon, which I miss being able to do.


    Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •