What do you want to see less of in X&Y? - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

Less or no event pokemon. It is not fair to non-early adopters and those who are in rural areas. Beside why in the HECK in the age of Nintendo Wifi Connection do they ONLY use gamestop events??

If they want stupid event pokemon now, give them to us as DLC, free if it is JUST a pokemon and maybe .99¢ at the most if the event pokemon gives us a nice sidequest to complete to get the pokemon. That way the event won't go away before those who aren't early adopters buy the game, and those who don't live near a store that hosts the event will not be completely screwed.
    Last edited by sonic10158; 12th April 2013 at 12:48 AM.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Less or no event pokemon. It is not fair to early adopters and those who are in rural areas. Beside why in the HECK in the age of Nintendo Wifi Connection do they ONLY use gamestop events??

If they want stupid event pokemon now, give them to us as DLC, free if it is JUST a pokemon and maybe .99¢ at the most if the event pokemon gives us a nice sidequest to complete to get the pokemon. That way the event won't go away before those who aren't early adopters buy the game, and those who don't live near a store that hosts the event will not be completely screwed.
    I agree 100%. Store events are annoying, environmentally inefficient (for all people that take their cars to GameStop. More cars = more pollution) and unfair to people who can't get to them. I guess the same could be said about Wi-Fi, as everyone don't have wireless routers/easy access to online connections or what have you, but at least getting rid of the Gamestop events takes away the need to actually get to them just to download a bit of game data (it's practically so much for technically so little). Less store events and more DLC. Actually, I want more DLC missions, not just event Pokemon that you get from a mailman (they should get rid of that too, come up with something new, like missions! I love missions).

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

As few evolutions of existing Pokémon as possible and absolutely no pre-evos/baby pre-evos.

I'd also prefer it if they kept the HM's down to a minimum. GenV was fine in that HM's weren't really used that much during the story-line. The only vital ones for me are really Surf, Strength, Fly and maybe Waterfall. As long as you don't have to keep a Pokémon around/withdraw it from the PC just to use Cut, Flash, Whirlpool, Rock Smash or crap like that during the gameplay then I'm okay with it, because that really brings the experience and the fun down for me.

And hopefully as few Legendaries as possible. In fact, I wouldn't mind it at all if Xerneas, Yveltal and Newtwo were the only Legendaries to be honest.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    I'd also prefer it if they kept the HM's down to a minimum. GenV was fine in that HM's weren't really used that much during the story-line. The only vital ones for me are really Surf, Strength, Fly and maybe Waterfall. As long as you don't have to keep a Pokémon around/withdraw it from the PC just to use Cut, Flash, Whirlpool, Rock Smash or crap like that during the gameplay then I'm okay with it, because that really brings the experience and the fun down for me.
    You literally only had to use HMs to progress once or twice in the 5th gen games, the rest was for optional areas. That's pretty fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    You literally only had to use HMs to progress once or twice in the 5th gen games, the rest was for optional areas. That's pretty fair.
    Exactly...that's why I said it was fine in GenV.

I think you only needed an HM precisely once - you had to Cut down a tree to get into the Dreamyard for a plot event. You didn't get the Cut TM until after beating the first Gym (and you couldn't access GTS until then, no sequence breaking for you). Surf wasn't required at all. Strength boulders only opened up shortcuts backwards for quicker access on a return visit. Flash was needed only for one or two equally optional caves. At least BW2 made the Strength boulder puzzles ... actually puzzles.

You still don't really need TM's for much of anything in Unova ... which is kinda neat, but at the same time I really started to miss needing a TM to gain passage through a particular route . . . because:

Too many NPC's blocking arbitrary routes in BW2. Like the guys in front of Black City/White Forest who are standing in your way literally "for no reason". Or how all the bridges are "undergoing maintenance". I would rather have seen Team Plasma freeze the Tubeline bridge completely solid (imagine lots of slippery ice covering the bridge but there's literally no way to navigate through it) than some NPC standing there with some silly story about testing how many people the bridge can hold at one time.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 11th April 2013 at 06:14 PM.

learn it live it love it venusboi79's Avatar

In total agreement with seeing fewer legendaries. I don't hate them, but it gets to the point of ridiculousness. I think 10 or 11 sounds like a good number. Two version mascots, with a third "balancer", a trio (like the Kanto birds and Johto beasts), a set of version exclusive post-game runners and two or three downloadable legendaries seems like a nice mix. A few people mentioned the option of downloading an event as opposed to just being given the Pokemon; I'm not opposed to this, but by the time those become available, I'm usually bored with exploring the game. I'd be more open to it if it was something you could store on the system as opposed to being completely in-game. That way, if I became bored, and restarted, I would still be able to access the item to unlock the area.

I'd also like the option to skip the tutorials. If they wanted to keep it "believable", they could just have a black fade and then come back to the scene with the character saying "...and now you know about X!".

One other thing I'd like to see less of... odd distribution of Pokemon. I understand making really powerful Pokemon like Hydraigon harder to get/evolve, but putting them near the end means a lot of boring grinding to get them to an acceptable level. And I'd like the option to get a decent Grass/Water/Fire non-starter before I'm almost done with game. Gen IV had a serious lack of Fire and Gen V didn't have much for Water. I always start with Grass, so it was a bit annoying.

Blog Entries

I agree with others that they should balance out the order of Wild Pokemon found in the game. I too find it slightly saddening that a lot of the time, all the Wild Pokemon available early in game are Pokemon I have no interest in capturing and training. I would love to see a better mixture of wild Pokemon throughout the game. What I would really be interested to see is gen VI having a Dragon Pokemon available early in game.

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

This may sound kind of strange, but I'd actually like to see less of an evil team in the next game. To me, BW2 was less about the training and more about handling the "war" between Old and New Team Plasma, slogging through legions of nameless goons. Boring!

By contrast, N and Ghetsis were pretty well-written characters. N was kind of a Marty Stu, but Ghetsis raised him to be one, so it's partially justified. Their battles were similarly challenging and enjoyable. But NPCs like Concordia, Harmonia, the Shadow Triad, and the Seven Sages weren't fleshed out until the sequel, and even then the focus was on the two heads of the organization.

My solution is thus: skip the evil organization and instead have an evil individual, like a truly evil rival. That way, the player has a consistently challenging bad guy to face, instead of plowing through a bunch of weak mooks.
    Last edited by Heatmor C. Dawson; 12th April 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    I agree with others that they should balance out the order of Wild Pokemon found in the game. I too find it slightly saddening that a lot of the time, all the Wild Pokemon available early in game are Pokemon I have no interest in capturing and training. I would love to see a better mixture of wild Pokemon throughout the game. What I would really be interested to see is gen VI having a Dragon Pokemon available early in game.
    Random note, but similar reason why I liked the Hoenn games. Ralts, even though it was really rare, was available very early on in the games even before the first gym. I would willingly spend hours trying to find one and capture it because I really wanted a Ralts. I don't know how many people would agree, but this is one feature that Hoenn did well, in that sense.

I'd also like to see less Introduction at the start of the game. Yeah, we know we're going on a brand new adventure, so please can we just name ourselves and get on with it?
    Pokemon Protagonist Mafia - Accepting Subs (click the pic!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Too many NPC's blocking arbitrary routes in BW2. Like the guys in front of Black City/White Forest who are standing in your way literally "for no reason". Or how all the bridges are "undergoing maintenance". I would rather have seen Team Plasma freeze the Tubeline bridge completely solid (imagine lots of slippery ice covering the bridge but there's literally no way to navigate through it) than some NPC standing there with some silly story about testing how many people the bridge can hold at one time.
    Part of that is because of regional design, they want the region to be completely linear to prevent people from getting lost (which is a BS excuse, because there's ways around having to nerf the regional design if that's really the problem). But yeah, some of the excuses they come up with are so bad, it gets hilarious. Especially the dancing guys in the Black City/White Forest gatehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by venusboi79 View Post
    One other thing I'd like to see less of... odd distribution of Pokemon. I understand making really powerful Pokemon like Hydraigon harder to get/evolve, but putting them near the end means a lot of boring grinding to get them to an acceptable level. And I'd like the option to get a decent Grass/Water/Fire non-starter before I'm almost done with game. Gen IV had a serious lack of Fire and Gen V didn't have much for Water. I always start with Grass, so it was a bit annoying.
    This was one thing I absolutely hated about BW2's distribution, most of the Pokemon that they added that were remotely good were placed at the end of the game, at a point where they won't be much help. Which is really annoying because not even the older games really do that, you can get most of the strongest Pokemon in the game by around the 5th or 6th gym most of the time.

And one thing to keep in mind is that some of the stronger Pokemon in the game have weaker first forms. So it's perfectly okay to have stuff like Beldum or Deino around the 5th or 6th gym (or even earlier) because you have to put in extra effort to make it good, and it'll be the end of the game anyway by the time they reach their final form. So all of this nonsense of having good Pokemon be restricted until an absurdly late point in the game needs to end.

Follow Charazemma On Twitter Add Charazemma on Facebook

Do something with the HM's - PLEASE!

Its getting ridiculous now, especially for my water type team mate. Surf/Whirlpool/Waterfall/Dive. Add in Strength/Cut/Fly/Defog (Have I forgotten one? Theres too many) and that's a lot of valuable move slots taken up.

Some of the moves I like - surf and fly - and I found Dive interesting in RSE, but the rest are just a pain. Maybe introduce key items to replace them, a surfing license, a fricking torch, ANYTHING. I always end up swapping out a regular team member for a HM slave on certain routes (I'm looking at you, 'Victory' Road) and miss out on training time.
    I'm a girl.

I call a Squirrel legendary in X and Y, just sayin'.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

While I like Dragon Pokemon and I don't mind the amount of legendary Pokemon too much, I do hope that there are fewer Dragon legendary Pokemon in this generation or even none at all. They've done that a bit too much with the last two generations especially, even though I like the Unova Dragons. The fact that the mascot legendary Pokemon aren't Dragons is a good sign for that. I'd also be in favor of making HM not necessary to go through the storyline, especially when most of them aren't that useful.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cerberuswaltz On Twitter
    Follow Cerberuswaltz on Tumblr Visit Cerberuswaltz's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    New evos of older pokemon are fun because I end up actually using pokemon I've ignored for years.

This, very much so. No one needs to agree with me but I liked the evolutions in Gen IV. I've always liked Gligar but found him difficult to use with his bad move pool (back then) and his low stats. Plus Murkrow, my absolute favorite, got an evolution and I love it! I would like to see a few more evos, but not too many for ones who already have it. Dunsparce is the biggest offender.

I also would enjoy more baby Pokemon- I know other people won't have it but I personally loved having all kinds of babies in Gen IV. Made me feel like a papa breeder with all the little cuties! Plus it's interesting to see a younger version of already strong forms. Am I ever going to use them? Heck no! Do I want to squeeze them and add them into contests and decorate them in musicals? Absolutely! Isn't the Pokemon games more then just battling, anyway?

I agree with the rest on the list, too! Less tutorials, please. I know what I am doing at this point... and yes, an Easy/Challenge mode that I can select at the start of the game would be nice, thank you very much. It doesn't need to be UBER hard but crank the levels a tid (1-2), add a few more party members, make some Pokemon harder to find.... let's not wait until I've beaten the game and need to wait to beat my White2 as well.

Legendaries I can take or leave- aside from a select few for pure cosmetic purposes (Terrakon sp?) I don't care enough about them. Though they do add some interesting lore to the world, but what will happen if you run out? I think it would be best to save some for later on so you don't have to worry about running out or complicating the mythos TOO too much.

And yes, less Com mons at the start, please. I don't mind catching them, but the problem is I've raised all the ones they are offering at the start already. Mareep and Sunkern I got you guys in HG/SS. Riolu you were done to death in Pearl. Grimer, I raised you in Emerald. More Pokemon like Magby/Elekid early on, or Koffing who worked out pretty well. I'd like to be able to catch a Litwick a little earlier, thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    While I like Dragon Pokemon and I don't mind the amount of legendary Pokemon too much, I do hope that there are fewer Dragon legendary Pokemon in this generation or even none at all. They've done that a bit too much with the last two generations especially, even though I like the Unova Dragons. The fact that the mascot legendary Pokemon aren't Dragons is a good sign for that. I'd also be in favor of making HM not necessary to go through the storyline, especially when most of them aren't that useful.
    Well, we don't know for sure that Xerneas and Yveltal aren't Dragon type, but they don't seem to resemble Dragons, so that's a good sign.

And yeah, I'd like to see less legendary Dragons. I'd also like to see more non-legendary, non-pseudo legendary Dragons as well (examples, Kingdra, Flygon, Altaria, Druddigon, Haxorus) to improve Dragon type distribution.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast