What do you want to see less of in X&Y? - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want to see less of in X&Y?

I also agree with the people asking to skip tutorials. I really don't want to be taught how to catch a Pokemon again. I already know how, thank you very much. Recently started over my SS and I never realized how much grass there was in the first few routes. Just let me get to the next city, please! I'm glad they toned down on the HM issue in Gen V and I hope they do it again. That's why I really liked Colosseum and its sequel. I didn't have to worry about which Pokemon's move set I was going to sacrifice for the sake of an HM I would probably only use once or twice on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karis View Post
    I don't know if anyone's said this already, but this is just a pet peeve of mine. I want less people blocking your fricken way. I always hated it when someone stood conveniently in front of a door and told you to go do something else, but it went completely overboard in BW2. There were those guys standing in a line across the one gatehouse for no good reason (AND THEY ACKNOWLEDGED IT!), not to mention the girl standing in front of the elevator on Marvelous Bridge commenting on how it was broken. Why not just make it so you can't get in the door, and when you examine it, it says "the elevator appears to be out of order" or something like that? Why not have the gatehouse blocked off with some sawhorses and an "under construction" sign or something? Why do you gotta have fricken moron NPCs whose sole purpose in life is to get in your way!? This is something that I feel MUST be changed in XY.

Rant over. >_<
    I don't see too much of a difference if a person blocks your path or some inanimate object does. Although I do agree that it would make more sense if there were less people blocking your path, and more suitable objects for whatever situation is occurring that is prohibiting you from passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karis View Post
    I don't know if anyone's said this already, but this is just a pet peeve of mine. I want less people blocking your fricken way. I always hated it when someone stood conveniently in front of a door and told you to go do something else, but it went completely overboard in BW2. There were those guys standing in a line across the one gatehouse for no good reason (AND THEY ACKNOWLEDGED IT!), not to mention the girl standing in front of the elevator on Marvelous Bridge commenting on how it was broken. Why not just make it so you can't get in the door, and when you examine it, it says "the elevator appears to be out of order" or something like that? Why not have the gatehouse blocked off with some sawhorses and an "under construction" sign or something? Why do you gotta have fricken moron NPCs whose sole purpose in life is to get in your way!? This is something that I feel MUST be changed in XY.

Rant over. >_<
    I don't see too much of a difference if a person blocks your path or some inanimate object does. Although I do agree that it would make more sense if there were less people blocking your path, and more suitable objects for whatever situation is occurring that is prohibiting you from passing.
    Imo, it would be a bit more realistic. I mean, you don't see people standing in front of an elevator in real life saying "this elevator is not functional" to everyone, you see a sheet of paper/sign/warning stripes etc instead that tells you about it. Putting up warning stripes in a cross in front of an elevator along with a sign (or whatever it suitable for the situation: roadblocks, fences, warning stripes blocking off certain parts etc) would eliminate the need of having NPCs acknowledging the problems everywhere.

At least they blocked the path to the old Victory Road in Opelucid in B2W2 without using NPCs. I want to see more of that.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    At least they blocked the path to the old Victory Road in Opelucid in B2W2 without using NPCs. I want to see more of that.
    I don't like how they handled Rt. 10 and Victory Road's closing in BW2, because there was no reason given for it.

Also, they easily could've done something with both areas.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 6th May 2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't like how they handled Rt. 10 and Victory Road's closing in BW2, because there was no reason given for it.

Also, they easily could've done something with both areas.
    There was a rockslide on Victory road that caused them to close it down.

I do agree that it still should've been in the game, even if it was just an extra postgame area.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

The point still stands though that the route blocking was well done, whether the route should have existed or not.

I think a handful of times people blocking routes is justified. The janitor not letting you into the Marine Tube because he's cleaning it's a fun quirky little thing. A bunch of dudes conveniently numbering just enough to block the whole path hanging out in the gateway between Route 14 and White Forest/Black City on the otherhand, eh. If they just switch to cones and caution tape up everywhere you can't go for a limited time that'll get old too. A sign on an elevator door gets the point across just as well, while being a whole lot more believable. There are definitely times when people blocking your path is merited, but it's something they could do away with for a large part.

Yeah. Some of the roadblocks were believable (e.g. heartbreaker Clyde's battle blocking the Charizard Bridge), it's the ones that aren't that are a problem. When you find NPC's blocking pretty much EVERY route other than the plotted line in BW2, it's not just whether or not each one is justified, but the . . . lack of variety. If there was a cave-in on Twist Mountain, they didn't need Marshal there in front of an open passage to block you. They could just collapse it in snow, ice, and rubble (not unlike the blockage of Challenger's Cave under Route 9) and let that be the explanation. Sure, Marshal if you enjoy hanging around here you can but the roadblock speaks for itself.

I would like to see more roadblocks of such variety that you don't recognize as roadblocks the first time you run into one. No need for an NPC to tell you it's an obstacle. No need for the game itself to tell you about it when you walk up to it and press A ("looks like this tree can be cut down!"). In most cases the fact that there's traversible land on the other side of it implies you can find a way to cross it.

Blog Entries

They really did overdo it a bit with the NPC roadblocks, though I honestly thought the guys "dancing for no reason" were hilarious. If they're going to be funny or interesting NPCs, that's awesome, otherwise, a simple caution tape block will do.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    ...what the heck are you talking about? Us people on the forum? People on routes can be ignored unless they want to battle. If you're talking about Pokemon, then enjoy your Pokemon game with no Pokemon.
    I think they're referring to the amount of rival battles and other surprise battles throughout the game. You couldn't go one city without being ambushed by Cheren, Bianca, or N.
    first guy learn how to read

second guy yessssss correct

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also, about those three constantly ambushing you, it's because they overdid it with the rivals in this game. We had 3 rivals, when we typically only get 1. They should tone it down to 1, maybe 2 rivals at most. If they're doing 2 rivals, though, they need to handle them somewhere in between how they handled it in RSE and BW1, maybe having each show up maybe 4 or 5 times throughout the entire game (no popping in and out at random times like they did in RSE), and spread out to different points in the game.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 7th May 2013 at 05:46 PM.

I absolutely hated Cheren and Bel. I still don't think they added much, they were just annoying characters that we've already seen before. N was something refreshing, and the fact that he got muddled in with the other two by you having 3 rivals took away from that. I don't know how they could be innovative with a new rival next gen, but I sincerely hope they don't go the route of just giving you a bunch so to fill as many tropes as possible.

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

Route blocking is totally stupid. Unless the route has been completely destroyed, dancing men or broken elevator should NOT prevent you from getting to the next town. It's the kinda thing, should it happen in real life, I would facepalm so hard, not on my own face, but on the face of the dancing men. Or the engineers who didn't think about building a set of emergency staircase.

What if I had to see my dying family member in the next town, and you tell me you feel like dancing for no reason so I can't pass? I don't mind Pokemon vs human battle here.

Simply said, it's infuriating.

Oh, and the PLAAAAASMAAAAAAAAA thing is, well, lol.

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want to see less of event legendaries. Its more fun if you can catch them in the game.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

An unusable elevator is hardly the most unrealistic thing in terms of navigating a pokemon game. It's a game where most of the time you keep with a giant (or not so giant) animal that can fly you from town to town. If the games were anywhere near logical you could hop on that thing and go anywhere you want, not just pokemon centers in only the towns you've already visited. A dirty bridge could be avoided by simply flying to the other end.

"Gee, there's a waterfall blocking my way but this pokemon whose back I'm floating around in the water on can't get up it just because I haven't gotten a CD yet. I sure wish I could have my other pokemon capable of flying me through the air just carry me up to that cliff. Wouldn't that be something?"

That logic fails. Some routes will always be blocked for a time because the games have a generally linear structure. It's nothing new, and really doesn't merit that much complaining.

learn it live it love it venusboi79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    I absolutely hated Cheren and Bel. I still don't think they added much, they were just annoying characters that we've already seen before. N was something refreshing, and the fact that he got muddled in with the other two by you having 3 rivals took away from that. I don't know how they could be innovative with a new rival next gen, but I sincerely hope they don't go the route of just giving you a bunch so to fill as many tropes as possible.
    I actually liked having Cheren and Bianca as rivals. Granted, Bianca was annoying (and had a stupid outfit), but it was a nice twist having two rivals instead of one. Personally, I didn't consider N to be much of a rival; he was more of a reformed antagonist, in my opinion.

I would like less of a linear map this go around. I'm notorious for getting turned around in caves (in real life, I could get lost in a bag), and even I found the linearity to be annoying and stilted.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast