What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 99
Page 99 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3563

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    -I want Game Freak to make it impossible to ask for impossible pokemon on the GTS (like the level 9 and under zekroms those idiots ask for now)
    -I want Game Freak to let me remove the nickname of nicknamed pokemon i get through the GTS.
    -I want Game Freak to remove the stupid 1 hour time limit on the dream world. The feature needs work, and e time limit only makes it worse (also, don't force me into a ten minute "how-to" each time i try to use it
    YES, PLEASE.

Remove Dream World overall. It really sucks.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

What I would like to see in Generation VI:
    *New starter Pokémon should be entirely dual-type starter Pokémon throughout evolutions (Bulbasaur was the only one unevolved dual-type starter Pokémon).
    *More legendary Pokémon, including Poison-type legendary Pokémon, and more legendary Pokémon with genders.
    *More pure Steel-type Pokémon.
    *Pre-evolutions and evolutions of Pokémon from previous generations.
    *No electric squirrels (Pachirisu and Emolga are enough), but more squirrels of other types such as fire squirrels and grass/flying squirrels (Sentret was the only squirrel which is not an electric squirrel).

What they should bring back in Generation VI:
    *Shadow Pokémon (evil counterpart to Pokémon with Pokérus)
    *Walking Pokémon (Generation V lacked this...)
    *Cycling road (because Hells Angels want this...)
    *Game Corner with Pokémon battles instead of just slot machines or Voltorb Flips.
    *Spiky-eared Pichus, yet they can evolve into regular Pikachu just like usual Pichus.

What they should improve in Generation VI:
    *More and best move tutors (such as the ones who can teach Rollout)
    *Secondary-type for single-type Pokémon (for example, Zangoose should be dual-type Normal/Fighting instead of Normal-type)
    *Revised egg group systems (see the Fixing the egg groups thread)

What they should remove in Generation VI:
    None yet.

A totally different change in available starting classes would be interesting. Like have a Physic, Ghost and Electric. Might be kind of cool, but there might be something, story or otherwise, stopping those from happening, I'm not honestly sure.

Also a revamped Dream World. I love the idea, but there are some things that make it annoying, though I still use it alot.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

The ability to skip the tutorials at the beginning of the game is also a must for me. I've been playing Pokémon for 12 years now, I shouldn't be forced to see how to catch a Pokémon or shown what a Pokémon Center looks like. I'm not saying not include them at all, I realize there are new players, but let me turn off tutorials please.

And if they have to include Walking Pokémon in Gen VI, let me turn that off too. I never liked it in HGSS...

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

And if they have to include Walking Pokémon in Gen VI, let me turn that off too. I never liked it in HGSS...
    Dear God, I thought I was the only one. I found it annoying as hell. Let people choose if they want to have their Pokémon walking behind them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Remove Dream World overall. It really sucks.
    Dream World is entirely optional... just because you think it sucks doesn't mean it should be removed. If anything, it should simply be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikingMidfield View Post
    but there might be something, story or otherwise, stopping those from happening,
    What's stopping them is that it doesn't stick to the formula. The starters in the main series are always fire, water, and grass (with the exception of Yellow, because that was the point). I guess they could break the forumla, but that's unlikely to happen.

The ability to skip the tutorials at the beginning of the game is also a must for me. I've been playing Pokémon for 12 years now, I shouldn't be forced to see how to catch a Pokémon or shown what a Pokémon Center looks like. I'm not saying not include them at all, I realize there are new players, but let me turn off tutorials please.
    I disagree... the tutorial only takes a few seconds. It's not a real problem or an annoyance. I wouldn't be against allowing it to be turned off, but I really don't see the point.
    How about they allow you to select which Pokémon follows you (and "none" could be an option)? I like having one following you, but I don't like that it must be the first one on your party.

A totally different change in available starting classes would be interesting. Like have a Physic, Ghost and Electric. Might be kind of cool, but there might be something, story or otherwise, stopping those from happening, I'm not honestly sure.
    The starter types need form a "triangle" in order for the usual rival setup to work. The group you gave as an example wouldn't work- ghost beats psychic, but everything else is neutral. You could switch to using another triangle, but unless the rival setup itself it changed, the starter choices aren't likely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    The starter types need form a "triangle" in order for the usual rival setup to work. The group you gave as an example wouldn't work- ghost beats psychic, but everything else is neutral. You could switch to using another triangle, but unless the rival setup itself it changed, the starter choices aren't likely to change.
    Oh wow, I can't believe that I didn't see that. Yeah I guess just switching to another triangle would be good, but I guess they probably make the Water-Fire-Grass thing because it's obvious to new players what beats what if they think about it. So guess that probably won't be changing.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    I disagree... the tutorial only takes a few seconds. It's not a real problem or an annoyance. I wouldn't be against allowing it to be turned off, but I really don't see the point.
    Simple, i don't want to see something I already know how to do. If I am able to turn it off in the options menu, I can play through the game without sitting through being walked through the 2nd town or sitting through a mock wild pokemon battle. Since I know how to do both, it does nothing but waste my time. And yes it is an annoyance, maybe not to you, but it definitely is for me. Having the tutorials is fine, but making them impossible to skip is stupid. Like I said, i've been playing pokemon for 12 years, i know what a pokemon center looks like and i know to throw a pokeball at a wild pokemon i want when their health is red.

I understand some people will need it, which is why they should keep it, but let those who know how to play the games not have to waste their time with it.

How about they allow you to select which Pokémon follows you (and "none" could be an option)? I like having one following you, but I don't like that it must be the first one on your party.
    That is exactly what I would like to see by letting me turn it off
    Last edited by sonic10158; 23rd August 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

I doubt I'll be adding anything that hasn't been said before but personally, I'd like to see the following:

* The return of the VS. Seeker - why this was ever removed is a mystery to me.

* Customisable trainer characters - perhaps an unrealistic expectation at this point but I'd love to be able to design my own character instead of having to choose the only female available. An option to select from a few different hairstyles, hair colours and outfits would be great.

* More post-game playability - I have never completed a Pokedex in any Pokemon game ever and I've been playing since the R/B/Y days. Running around routes I've already explored and trading on the GTS to obtain Pokemon I don't like and won't ever use is not my idea of fun. I'd love more mini-quests to keep me interested.

* A shake-up in the plot - why are we doomed to be forever chasing an evil organisation hellbent on stealing people's Pokemon or trying to rule the universe? I think it's time for a change as this format has become tired and tedious. White and Black did a good job in introducing an exciting character in N but I'd still like to see GameFreak deviate more from the whole notion of a corrupt gang with a jaded, cynical leader.

* Specific battle backgrounds - If I'm battling a trainer in a forest, I'd love to be able to see that in battle instead of just a haze of green.

* Updated cries - This would be a really welcome addition but a lot of hard work. I really love the cries of the Gen V Pokemon but those from older generations seem outdated and crappy.

My Artwork; Please 'like' me on Facebook!
    ~Brave Bird Designs~

The Pokemon that could walk with you was cool, but it was a gimmick, you know? Like Pokemon Musicals, or Contests, and the Stickers. Gimmicks. If they haven't kept it in, I doubt they'll bring it back. At least not for a couple of Generations. (But who are we kidding? When we're senior citizens, we'll still be playing Pokemon.)

I've always really liked the Contests. I know a lot of people think they're silly, but I thought it was a really complex mechanism that most didn't appreciate. Now we have Pokemon Musicals, that are so boring and pointless that I can't even comprehend my life.

Some more innovative Pokemon concepts would be cool, too. With Gen. V, I felt the lessening of the creativity. Obviously, there were a lot of great ideas and designs, but there could have been some more creativity. I just wonder what will happen in... Another 15 years or so, when all of the viable ideas have dried up. What then? Will they just keep pumping out more Pokemon? I think it's a priority of GameFreak's to push for really innovative designs and concepts.

Like I've said in the past, I want a region based on Australia) would like to see a city that is really HUGE. This would be a stretch, but it could have all of the following:

1. A gym, of course
    2. a stadium where it would hold tournaments (wouldn't open until after you beat the main game)
    3. A subway system that would have two stops in the city (like, one in the northernmost point of the city, and one in the southernmost point), but the size of the city makes it to where you wont be just wasting your time by taking it (like you would be if the goldenrod city magnet train took you to two points in goldenrod). Maybe it could connect to another large (though not as large) city on the other side of the region. Like, i would like for the region to be based on Australia, so the subway/train would connect the region's version of Perth and Sydney, with the region's version of Sydney being this huge city in my imagination.
    4. A department store that would sell half of the items (another dept store in the game's version of Perth would house the other half)
    5. I would like to see maybe a library that you would be able to read up on books like "how to make your pokemon the best battler it can be" or "how to breed the best Pokémon"

I just think a city that would dwarf Castelia would be so cool (i wouldn't necesarily want this city to have multiple 'rooms' like castelia did, however.

A rival that turns out to be a member of the enemy team,and maye even becomes the leader and takes over the elite four and you need to battle the E4 to get keys to unlock a gateway to the champion,which then turns out to be your rival,who is also the leader of the neemy team,and then maybe postgame you can battle the previous leader of the enemy team,like steven stone ine emerald...Holy shit I just worked out a entire plotline.....

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Like I've said in the past, I want a region based on Australia) would like to see a city that is really HUGE. This would be a stretch, but it could have all of the following:

1. A gym, of course
    2. a stadium where it would hold tournaments (wouldn't open until after you beat the main game)
    3. A subway system that would have two stops in the city (like, one in the northernmost point of the city, and one in the southernmost point), but the size of the city makes it to where you wont be just wasting your time by taking it (like you would be if the goldenrod city magnet train took you to two points in goldenrod). Maybe it could connect to another large (though not as large) city on the other side of the region. Like, i would like for the region to be based on Australia, so the subway/train would connect the region's version of Perth and Sydney, with the region's version of Sydney being this huge city in my imagination.
    4. A department store that would sell half of the items (another dept store in the game's version of Perth would house the other half)
    5. I would like to see maybe a library that you would be able to read up on books like "how to make your pokemon the best battler it can be" or "how to breed the best Pokémon"

I just think a city that would dwarf Castelia would be so cool (i wouldn't necesarily want this city to have multiple 'rooms' like castelia did, however.
    If we did have a region based on Australia, perhaps New Zealand could be a post-game bonus for exploration (and maybe a Kiwi-based Pokemon lives there exclusively. A new one, not Doduo).

A cockroach-based Pokémon that is Bug/Dark typed. That way, we can leave the mosquito everyone wants being Bug/Water.

Also, the Elite 4 should be Rock, Grass, Electric and Normal. I'm sick of them always using Psychic, Dark and Ghost.
    Last edited by Anser; 28th August 2012 at 06:51 AM.