Change that to a compatible Pokemon being able to use the move out of battle if you have the HM on hand, though, and I'll take it.
Here's an idea... have items - SurfBoard / Raft, Axe / Machete, Lantern / FlashLight, etc. that you could use to Surf, cut down trees, and light up caves. Not sure how Strength, Fly, Waterfall, or Dive could be done with items though. And the problem with this would be that it would take the feel of "Pokémon" away from the game... it would just feel like a Zelda game or Animal Crossing or something since the Pokémon are now less involved. I'd say a solution would be to make it so HMs aren't needed at all to beat the game and are just used to get to bonus areas like finding good items or Legendaries. Except Surf... you gotta have Surf. Surf isn't much of a problem since its actually a decent move in battle. Either that, or make it so that the HM moves are used out of battle a lot more often... that would actually make it so it's not a complete waste teaching a Pokémon to Cut just to use it once.
Here's something I'd like to see in the game: Exp. All. Exp. Share is nice, but it's got some disadvantages... if I want to level up my entire team then I'd need to acquire 5 Exp. Shares, not to mention that its a hold item which not only prevents him from holding anything else but you have to take the time to switch items every time you change your party around. The only thing I don't like about Exp. All is that there's no way to turn it off without depositing it in the PC (which can't be done in the later games). And the message "_____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points! _____ gained ___ Exp. Points!" gets annoying every battle.
1. A dark-type gym leader.
2. A limit on new Pokemon, so we wouldn't have so much. I also get the feeling the old ones are being forgotten.
3. An easier way to catch most of the older Pokemon from previous generations without transferring them from an older game. My wireless at home cannot allow me to have access to the Dream World. I prefer swarms instead.
4. Hopefully you can dress your own player character with different clothes options like in Dragon Quest 9. People complain about how the characters dress, why not give us this option.
5. If they introduce something new to the game play, they should let us experience it during the main story. Black and White has introduced triple battles and rotation battles, and the only thing I have experienced is only the rotation battles. I have not done a single triple battle in normal game play and the perfect time for it was the first gym.
6. Bring back the game corner with gambling. I am the richest person in Black and I have enough money to purchase a bike for everyone in Nuvema Town (it was an exaggeration, but it proves my point). They should also make the games in the game corner hard to beat to teach kids that gambling in life is frustrating (the slots in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum were too easy to win).
7. More cultural experiences. Ecruteak City had the traditional Japanese feeling when you explored the place.
8. Since places in Black and White had their own unique music depending on the seasons, gym and gym leader battle themes should have there own music style depending on the type.
9. Romance. I found out earlier this year that I am not the only one who thinks the player should have a love interest with other characters. But then again, I think I've played too much of Personas 3 and 4.
dewott wasn't water/fighting, it had to be the fire-starter again!
And for the box art: I recently purchased Firered and I just love how it's just charizard you get to see on the box and the title screen, because that's a pokemon you could actually have throughout the whole game. Legendaries only appear at the end and I never use them anyway. I'm actually voting for no legendaries at all, but since that's probably not going to happen, something else than a dragon-type would be nice for a change too.
2. When I first played pokemon (which was Diamond) I was actually surprised to find out there wasn't a tournament, only an E4. I thought it would be like the anime and I was kinda disappointed. I think a tournament would be more fun because your opponents could have pokemon with different types instead of having only pokemon of the same type. And you could get different opponents everytime you rechallenge the league, so you will never know beforehand which pokemon you are going to face.
In my opinion there's no point in making a new game if the pokemon are going to be the same all the time :)
A good post-game story! When I become champion all i do is train!
Let me become champion (the title I earned) for instance! Or build my own gym, that would be awesome!
"Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre
What I meant to say was that I got the feeling that a lot of the older generation Pokemon are being less noticed in newer games. Before B/W was released, I checked Bulbapedia for all of the previous generation Pokemon's locations in B/W (except starters and legendaries) and I've noticed the only way you would find most of them are in the Dream World (which I can't seem to access with my wireless network) and not in the game itself. It was as if Game Freak is removing the older ones altogether. I don't mind new Pokemon at all. But there is such thing as limitation of space in a game cartridge.
Also, I have no problem playing FireRed again.
a Kiwi Pokémon that evolves into one of those big scary terror birds
I would like to see more connectivity between handheld and console pokemon rpg's.
maybe you can sync your 3DS/DS Gen VI game to the Wii U Gen VI pokemon rpg (if there is one) and maybe have an expanded adventure on there?
kinda like you would get a good adventure on the handheld itself, but have a console game that acts like an expansion of that handheld game and you can use the handheld's player character, pokemon, etc. and continue your adventure there, and have some console exclusive places/adventures you can only do there?
After having played the Pokemon TCG online (and also from previous experience with a Yu-Gi-Oh! video game), I would really like to see a new TCG game.
Pokelova's Shiny Collection
I wanna be able to travel through all regions and have slight character customization like hair, clothes and accessories.
Like you can beat the elite four in every region + the new region you maybe can get a legendary pokemon that only appears if you have a certain item that you get from someone after you beat all elite fours. And also as stated before, side quests! And 2 rivals that you also name and customize one girl and one boy
I agree but if they make a game like that it should be for PC/Mac
I am Elso. That's all I can tell you.
FireRed&LeafGreen Chronicles (Archived and unfinished) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/firered-leafgreen-chronicals-129743/#post4222761
A Legendary Spirit Book One http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/legendary-spirit-book-one-pg-13-a-136706/