What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 91

Page 91 of 238 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Follow Avirave on Tumblr Visit Avirave's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

A game like Persona 4. Well not the murder but you know what I mean.

Summary: I'd love more variety in methods of Pokemon acquisition.

This is a long-standing problem, but in Gen 6 it will be even worse because it will have even more Pokemon, so my fear is that they will have something like a Safari Zone where they will dump 100+ Pokemon. That's just lazy.

Think about how empty Kanto felt in HGSS. They could have stuffed that with Pokemon, e.g. have Honey Trees only there.

Examples of new methods (at least I think they'd be new):

• When you meet someone on Streetpass, you get a species that depends on what game they're playing. For example, Resident Evil would get you Gastly.
    • Very occasionally there would be a five minute thunderstorm on a mountain during which Voltorb appears.
    • On water routes, you could occasionally find an abandoned, drifting egg.
    • Bonus egg when you beat a gym leader using a single Pokemon.
    • Bonus egg from Professor for reaching 200, 400 and 600 on your Pokedex.
    • Wild Pokemon that appear only when you have traded on WiFi with someone from a particular country. (Idea inspired by Pokewalker route Beyond the Sea, admittedly.)
    • A small area that you may only enter with a shiny or level 100 Pokemon in your party.

Bring back and enhance lots of the existing methods, like:

• One Pokemon for each day of the week, not just Lapras/Drifloon Friday.
    • More in-game trades, preferably involving a short side quest.
    • Non-legendary Pokemon that have a circa 1 % chance of appearing. (I know about Dragonite in BW, but I mean unevolved Pokemon.)
    • Pokeathlon, but with eggs as prizes.
    • Headbutt, Rock Smash, etc., etc.
    Koukoubean, Drakon and Gunaydin like this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

If they do the area with the shiny pokemon requirement, make shinies easier to find. In my twelve years of pokemon, ive never found a shiny

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Also, here's an idea... improve the GTS. Make it impossible to ask for an impossible Pokémon. It's incredibly annoying when I'm looking for a certain trade and all the options are like "Level 9 and Under Reshiram". Also, remove the possibilty of unfair trades (like a Rattata for a level 100 Mew or something). I don't know how they could go about doing this, but a start would be to put a limit on the amount of time a possible trade can stay on there... if no one trades in that amount of time then there's a good chance that it's not a fair trade. Also, event Pokémon should be allowed through the GTS. And finally, the GTS should allow you to search for any Pokémon... not just ones registered as seen. I mean, how do I search for an event Pokémon such as Jirachi or Deoxys, or even a non-event Pokémon who isn't in the game (like a Zapdos or something) when there's no way that I could have seen them without having previously owned one or cheating?

The three main things I want implemented is a System that allows you to have your pokemon fallow you around depending on friendship level.
    Character Customization. (Even if it's as simple as 1-2 alt. outfits you can buy or unlock.
    And a fly Mechanic that is somewhat like the dive mechanic, so when you use fly it takes you above the clouds and you need to manually find the place to go down. It wouldn't need to be hard to find, but at least there would be some traveling shown during the flying scene.
    (At least that way it feels a little more realistic.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn101 View Post
    Summary: I'd love more variety in methods of Pokemon acquisition.

This is a long-standing problem, but in Gen 6 it will be even worse because it will have even more Pokemon, so my fear is that they will have something like a Safari Zone where they will dump 100+ Pokemon. That's just lazy.

Think about how empty Kanto felt in HGSS. They could have stuffed that with Pokemon, e.g. have Honey Trees only there.

Examples of new methods (at least I think they'd be new):

• When you meet someone on Streetpass, you get a species that depends on what game they're playing. For example, Resident Evil would get you Gastly.
    • Very occasionally there would be a five minute thunderstorm on a mountain during which Voltorb appears.
    • On water routes, you could occasionally find an abandoned, drifting egg.
    • Bonus egg when you beat a gym leader using a single Pokemon.
    • Bonus egg from Professor for reaching 200, 400 and 600 on your Pokedex.
    • Wild Pokemon that appear only when you have traded on WiFi with someone from a particular country. (Idea inspired by Pokewalker route Beyond the Sea, admittedly.)
    • A small area that you may only enter with a shiny or level 100 Pokemon in your party.

Bring back and enhance lots of the existing methods, like:

• One Pokemon for each day of the week, not just Lapras/Drifloon Friday.
    • More in-game trades, preferably involving a short side quest.
    • Non-legendary Pokemon that have a circa 1 % chance of appearing. (I know about Dragonite in BW, but I mean unevolved Pokemon.)
    • Pokeathlon, but with eggs as prizes.
    • Headbutt, Rock Smash, etc., etc.
    The things in Bold are not fair. Some people have no access to Wi-Fi and therefore cannot play online to get those Pokémon. Also, it's VERY hard to find a shiny Pokémon. A game should give the same opportunities to every single player that owns the game, no matter what their conditions are.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    The things in Bold are not fair. Some people have no access to Wi-Fi and therefore cannot play online to get those Pokémon. Also, it's VERY hard to find a shiny Pokémon. A game should give the same opportunities to every single player that owns the game, no matter what their conditions are.
    I think that those thwo things are perfectly fair.
    Wi-Fi is part of the game, regardless of whether or not you're able to use it or choose to use it. That's like saying Event Pokémon are completely unfair (which, I kind of think that they are since not everyone has access to them, but still, the system is a lot better now than the system used to get Mew or Celebi in the Generation I / II games. And since Event Pokémon are more like bonuses, you're not put at any disadvantage by not getting them... except if you're trying to complete the Pokédex). And, whether or not you believe this kind of stuff is fair, it has always been part of the game since the first generation. There have been lots of features in the Pokémon games that I haven't been able to do, but I wouldn't label any of it as "unfair". For example, I never did get a Surfing Pikachu in Yellow Version so I was never able to play that mini-game. I was never able to use the "Pokémon Park" feature of Generation IV because my DS broke and the newer DSs don't have the GBA slot. I was never able to trade in Generation III because I had no friends who played the game. I would not have been able to use the "Pokémon Transfer" in Generation V if I didn't happen to own 2 DSs. As I said before, this is all "bonus" stuff. As long as it's not a major part of the game (like being required to do something on Wi-Fi to receive a certain HM that is needed to progress in the game or something along those lines) then I wouldn't say its unfair.
    Also about the Shiny thing... you're missing the part about that area being accessible with a level 100 Pokémon (which does take some work but its not complete luck like finding a Shiny). My only problem is what would be the point of such an area? Maybe if it had a Legendary Pokémon in it and it was sort of like those areas that you can only get to through Events (but now instead of an event activating them, an actual in-game action would activate them), then that'd be cool. Better than the way it is now anyway... I'd rather all areas be accessable without the need of certain Events... even if those areas have extremely hard to meet criteria in order to access. It seems more fair to me that I would be able to take the ship to Victory Island and catch Victini there by simply having one of my Pokémon reach level 100 than to have to buy the game in the first month that it came out in order to download the Liberty Pass.

-No Dragon-Type "box art legendaries"
    -No Fire-Fighting starter.
    -Kanto in 3D

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

I think it would be interesting if the Champion were related to the main character, like an older brother or sister.

I'd like it if the starters would be like Gen 2's and stay pure Grass, Fire, and Water types throughout their evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I think that those thwo things are perfectly fair.
    Wi-Fi is part of the game, regardless of whether or not you're able to use it or choose to use it. That's like saying Event Pokémon are completely unfair (which, I kind of think that they are since not everyone has access to them, but still, the system is a lot better now than the system used to get Mew or Celebi in the Generation I / II games. And since Event Pokémon are more like bonuses, you're not put at any disadvantage by not getting them... except if you're trying to complete the Pokédex). And, whether or not you believe this kind of stuff is fair, it has always been part of the game since the first generation. There have been lots of features in the Pokémon games that I haven't been able to do, but I wouldn't label any of it as "unfair". For example, I never did get a Surfing Pikachu in Yellow Version so I was never able to play that mini-game. I was never able to use the "Pokémon Park" feature of Generation IV because my DS broke and the newer DSs don't have the GBA slot. I was never able to trade in Generation III because I had no friends who played the game. I would not have been able to use the "Pokémon Transfer" in Generation V if I didn't happen to own 2 DSs. As I said before, this is all "bonus" stuff. As long as it's not a major part of the game (like being required to do something on Wi-Fi to receive a certain HM that is needed to progress in the game or something along those lines) then I wouldn't say its unfair.
    Also about the Shiny thing... you're missing the part about that area being accessible with a level 100 Pokémon (which does take some work but its not complete luck like finding a Shiny). My only problem is what would be the point of such an area? Maybe if it had a Legendary Pokémon in it and it was sort of like those areas that you can only get to through Events (but now instead of an event activating them, an actual in-game action would activate them), then that'd be cool. Better than the way it is now anyway... I'd rather all areas be accessable without the need of certain Events... even if those areas have extremely hard to meet criteria in order to access. It seems more fair to me that I would be able to take the ship to Victory Island and catch Victini there by simply having one of my Pokémon reach level 100 than to have to buy the game in the first month that it came out in order to download the Liberty Pass.
    I would say it's kind of unfair IF it was the only way to obtain them... And they were necessary to beat the game, like you said. If they're just extra-features, no problem. After all, it's always been like that!

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I would love to see a more mature audience pokemon RPG, and no, not to see blood and gore. I would love to see a game that would go into more detail on things that would probably be boring for younger kids, such as these:

-a more in-depth look into the work of a professor, such as how they do their research and see what kind of research they actually do

-a more in-depth look into the invention of the pokeball (My theory being this: There was a Silph Co [or whatever company is responsible] scientist who was trying to develop a device to carry around pokemon in a humane way. However, he/she couldn't figure out a good design for it, but while on a vacation/trip to Unova, the scientist stumbles upon a Foongus/Amoongus. This causes the scientist to have an idea. "Hmm, the pattern on this species of Pokemon is very interesting. It looks like something I can work with!! I will be promoted and maybe even get a Pokbel Prize!!" [or something like that]. So, he/she hurries back to his/her place of work with photographs of the Foongus/Amoongus and begins the task of designing, building, testing, etc. of his/her invention. Unfortunately, in the later stages of this, there is an accident. The scientist accidentally messes something up, thus causing the world's first Voltorb and Electrode to be formed. What's worse is is that they escape and multiply. However, eventually the scientist finally completes his invention and boom! The pokeball we know and love is released to the public! EDIT: yes, I know the first pokeballs were made from apricorns. the scientist could be looking for a way to replace the apricorn-balls. Maybe so it can be cheaper than whatever it was at the time)

-a more in-depth look into Professor Oak's past work on the development of the Pokedex

Unrelated to the stuff above:
    How about a main Pokemon game that is similar to Mass Effect in the sense that your actions determine the outcome in the game and the endings could be the following:

1. You graduate from a university and become a Pokemon Professor

2. You become the Champion of the Pokemon League (have a small tournament instead of an E4)

3. You become the Top Coordinator at a grand festival (have Contest Halls scattered around the region and Contests work more like the anime in terms of having a grand festival amongst other things)

4. You are accepted as an official Gym Leader (you take a similar path as #2, but you do things a little different such as not taking on the elite 4)

The post-game could be this:

1. (only if you get ending #1) do research and other things Professors do [honestly, I don't know how this would be implemented in a game]

2. (only if you get ending #2) continue your journey similar to how it is done now

3. (only if you get ending #3) I don't know yet

4. (only if you get ending #4) build your gym, hire gym trainers, battle opponents and give badges, etc.

In all four scenarios, you still have Pokemon you've trained and can still go around the region as you please of course. And have a Battling facility and Contest Hall that you can do in the post game for all four scenarios. Both places could be WiFi compatible and you can face people live over WiFi (kinda like how WiFi matches are done in Mario Kart 7), and you can sit in the audience, as these two places will be stadiums, and watch actual battles and contest matches from other people. You could have two viewing choices, 1st person or 3rd person. 1st person would be watching the battle from the same view-point as when you are actually battling, and you can switch the side you are watching from. 3rd person would be you watching the battle unfold from the outside, you would be able to change the camera from these perspectives: front row of the audience, up high from farther up the seating, like if you are sitting in the upper seats (both of these angles, the camera is in a fixed position], or [this being my favorite] the camera moving around (it would move like when you are watching a sporting event on TV). I doubt you would be able to WATCH a live match, though. But, who knows, maybe you could.

Sorry for the long post, I just couldn't stop with these ideas !
    Last edited by sonic10158; 23rd September 2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Gunaydin likes this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    -Kanto in 3D
    Kanto can die in a fucking fire that is all... agree on the Fire/Fighting starter but I like the Dragon legends since dragons are supossed to be legendary in the firstplace
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garland View Post
    -Kanto in 3D
    Kanto can die in a fucking fire that is all... agree on the Fire/Fighting starter but I like the Dragon legends since dragons are supossed to be legendary in the firstplace
    Flygon... Druddigon.. Say what?

I'm hoping for a better post-game in Generation VI than in B/W. I lacked the motivation to beat the Elite 4 because there's nothing that interested me in the post-game.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Want them in PokeMart? Rare Candy's Avatar

I'd go for a core change, I'd make all Pokemon either have more HP, or lower the damage of the attacks.

The reason is, to make Pokemon battles longer, and more interesting.

When I reach the Champion, the best trainer in the region, or whatever, he sends out a big, powerful Salamence or Tyranitar around level 80... and my level 60 Seel/Machop uses Ice Beam/Brick Break, and the battle is over. I believe you know what I mean.

I think they should rework how HMs work. As of now I have to have a HM-slave with me wherever I go, and it's really annoying to deposit/withdraw it every time. I could use the HM-moves on my actual team, but that means having to waste 1 potential attack for something that I never use in combat. My solution is:
    Bulbasaur can learn Cut, right. What if Bulbasaur could use Cut out in the field, but didn't have to know the move? If I f.e. fish up a Krabby, I can use it to surf right away, without having to teach it Surf. This would make adventuring so much easier, dumping the need for me to catch a Paras everytime I want to start over.
    "It's ok to not like things, but don't be a dick about it" - TotalBiscuit

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM