Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibisyko View Post

- Common Candy!(Reduce Pokemon level by 1, Has no effect if at lvl1 or if at the level the pokemon evolves at)
    What would be the benefits to that exactly?

Anyway, I would like the gen VI brought back walking with your pokemon, and perhaps even gain a little extra experience points from it. I would also like more type combos, like water/fire.
    What wouldn't?
    The "common candy" and reducing a pokemon's level.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    -Seasonal effects in the battles. How the hell they introduced seasons without them is beyond me.
    Oh please no, battles take ages with all that "Your pokemon was buffeted by the rain!" stuff. My poor A-button:P

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    -Sidequests. Give us some kind of guild system in game where you help out the people in cities, or perhaps give us rare Pokemon whose appearance and typing is unique.
    Totally agree with this. Continually training and beating gyms and evil teammembers gets boring after a while.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maze View Post
    Well I'm not talking about customizing their face shape and stuff, but their hair and eyes would be nice too.
    That still shows how I prefer the default main characters.

Kotone's/Lyra's shorts are okay too, mainly because she's also wearing knee stockings that protect her legs somewhat.
    Touko's/Hilda's shorts aren't even worth calling shorts, she could just be wearing nothing at all, would hardly make a difference:P
    That sounds something a feminist would say.

It did benefit the game for me, normally it's just your character walking around, but now he/she actually had a pokemon with him/her all the time. But maybe that's just me who likes to always pretend the games are real and stuff. I do agree there should be an option to turn it off, so everyone's happy :)
    In terms of the game's core mechanics, it really didn't do anything beneficial like natures, which affect two your Pokemon's stats. Why can't anyone understand that?

I can't really call endless pokeball throwing a 'challenge' + I don't like the whole 'no one has ever seen the legendaries before but you can catch them because you're the chosen one or whatever' thing. I've never liked stories where you're the chosen one or something like that, I just want to be a regular person. Let your rival or one of your friends be the chosen one for once, I think I would actually like that in gen 6.
    Throwing pokeballs endlessly at a legendary is indeed a challenge (something tells you won't survive the old NES titles due to their Nintendo Hard difficulty). Also, not wanting the main character to be the chosen one will mean you want GF to go back to having no plot like the first two gens.

But you can only use the fashion case in things like contests and musicals right? Or did I miss something?
    Because if you can actually keep the items on them during battle and stuff, that would be awesome.
    It is for only Contests and Muscials, but at least it's something.

Blog Entries

People like the walking Pokemon feature because it's pretty damn cool... honestly what's cooler then having frieken Arceus froliking behind you? It's a nifty feature but an off button would be good for those who don't like it
    The Outrage likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Well I'm not talking about customizing their face shape and stuff, but their hair and eyes would be nice too.
    That still shows how I prefer the default main characters.
    Could you maybe explain why? I don't say it's wrong, I just wonder why some people like having the default characters.

Kotone's/Lyra's shorts are okay too, mainly because she's also wearing knee stockings that protect her legs somewhat.
    Touko's/Hilda's shorts aren't even worth calling shorts, she could just be wearing nothing at all, would hardly make a difference:P
    That sounds something a feminist would say.
    It is a fact that skirts are just not practical when you have to run through the wilderness looking for pokemon:P So it would seem more realistic for them to wear something that actually protects their legs.
    I'm not really a feminist, I'm fine with girls wearing skirts, just not fine with wearing them myself because they're just not practical. I just would like to have an option to wear pants, hence me wanting to be able to customize the characters. In that case the skirtlovers can wear a skirt and I can wear my pants :)

It did benefit the game for me, normally it's just your character walking around, but now he/she actually had a pokemon with him/her all the time. But maybe that's just me who likes to always pretend the games are real and stuff. I do agree there should be an option to turn it off, so everyone's happy :)
    In terms of the game's core mechanics, it really didn't do anything beneficial like natures, which affect two your Pokemon's stats. Why can't anyone understand that?
    I understand your point of view, but I'm just one of those people who plays the game for the pokemon en the fun and hasn't even looked once at things like stats.
    Give us walking pokemon and an option to turn it off, so we're both happy.

Also, not wanting the main character to be the chosen one will mean you want GF to go back to having no plot like the first two gens.
    Don't most people like the first two gens better than the others?:P "Becoming the pokemon champion" is a plot in itself and it's something regular pokemon trainers could do, you don't have to be the "chosen one" for that. The same thing goes for beating evil teams. It's only the the whole "only you can catch all the legendaries" thing that is bothering me, they're not really legendary anymore if a kid can catch them all:P There are other plots that one can think of, they're lots of other games where you're not "the chosen one" but just a regular person who's good at something. I like that better because you can actually relate to that. I will never be the chosen one in real life, but I can be someone who's just good at something. Although I will never have pokemon in real life, but that's a different matter.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Could you maybe explain why? I don't say it's wrong, I just wonder why some people like having the default characters.
    In case if Gen V is too late to get reps for the upcoming SSB titles for the Wii U and 3DS (in which they'll be released during Gen VI's time), we'll never get a playable female trainer if the two trainers in Gen VI are customizable in terms of looks rather than their outfits. They'll only want their default/canon appearance.

It is a fact that skirts are just not practical when you have to run through the wilderness looking for pokemon:P So it would seem more realistic for them to wear something that actually protects their legs.
    I'm not really a feminist, I'm fine with girls wearing skirts, just not fine with wearing them myself because they're just not practical. I just would like to have an option to wear pants, hence me wanting to be able to customize the characters. In that case the skirtlovers can wear a skirt and I can wear my pants :)
    Then go with the idea of customizable outfits instead of appearance if you want pants.

Don't most people like the first two gens better than the others?:P "Becoming the pokemon champion" is a plot in itself and it's something regular pokemon trainers could do, you don't have to be the "chosen one" for that. The same thing goes for beating evil teams. It's only the the whole "only you can catch all the legendaries" thing that is bothering me, they're not really legendary anymore if a kid can catch them all:P There are other plots that one can think of, they're lots of other games where you're not "the chosen one" but just a regular person who's good at something. I like that better because you can actually relate to that. I will never be the chosen one in real life, but I can be someone who's just good at something. Although I will never have pokemon in real life, but that's a different matter.
    Those who loved the first two gens better are usually players who grew out of the franchise when the fad died and are under the influence of nostalgia filter. Becoming the champion has never been the main story goal in the first two gens either (Oak wants you to fill up your dex, and Elm wants you to run an aren for him) The number of legendaries does not determine their status, it is their description and power. That's like saying the Latis aren't legendary because there's more of their kind in the wild.

Blog Entries

I say this every generation: Field effects (from boosts to certain types of moves, to boost in stats to certain types of Pokemon)

This is something gyms could also incorporate to make them less two-dimensional.

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    People like the walking Pokemon feature because it's pretty damn cool... honestly what's cooler then having frieken Arceus froliking behind you? It's a nifty feature but an off button would be good for those who don't like it
    I thought I was the only one who liked that. I also like how you can talk to it and it responds depending on how well it likes you. Chances are I've said this before but I'm dying for them to bring back the Pokewalker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mumzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I thought I was the only one who liked that. I also like how you can talk to it and it responds depending on how well it likes you. Chances are I've said this before but I'm dying for them to bring back the Pokewalker.
    A lot of people like it... many were dissopointed when they took it out (I was one of them) I love the interaction between trainer and Pokemon
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

- Common Candy!(Reduce Pokemon level by 1, Has no effect if at lvl1 or if at the level the pokemon evolves at)

Anyway, I would like the gen VI brought back walking with your pokemon, and perhaps even gain a little extra experience points from it. I would also like more type combos, like water/fire.
    What wouldn't?
    That's what I said. What wouldn't.

That Zoroark is a Spy! Silver06's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Silver06's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow51423 View Post
    Here are mine:

A Type Specific Rival (Like the one from my Fanfic, who uses only dark types)
    Airships.
    Final gym leader is gone and instead you fight your rival. (Another thing from my fanfic)
    someone dies.
    more mythological legendarys (Like a Kracken or coloussus)
    More Manga/Anime crosses
    Have two teams, one who is bad and the other poses as the good guys untill the end
    Have a Mewthree.
    Final boss be the leader of the villanous team.
    1. That would be cool

2. Either those or airplanes, or both would be epic

3. you mean gone permanently or just the first time around, like with Alder, or whatever his name is?

4. I don't see that happening in the main games. A more mature audience oriented Pokemon RPG? Sure (I would like a major Pokemon game [even if it isn't the 'main pair'] to be made to see some things you won't see in the main pair), but not the main pair

5. I would like more legendaries, just as long as they aren't central to the plot line (AKA, don't treat them like Zekrom and Reshiram in BW, but them being mentioned occasionally by NPC's and townspeople beforehand? sure), but instead have large side quests (that take longer than 10 minutes to complete) involving them.

6. I know nothing about the Manga, so I don't care either way

7. I enjoyed how Emerald treated team Magma and Aqua, so I'd like multiple evil teams that are done like in Emerald

8. would be cool, but I can't imagine how it would be done. Another attempt at cloning the original Mew after Mewtwo's "failure" (blowing up the Cinnabar Mansion and flying off), and making the clone different from 1 and 2 would probably be most likely

9. never thought of that, sounds like it could be cool.

I like the way you think, shadow!
    About the thing where i said someone dies, in the manga, norman (Brendon's dad) Dies trying to control rayquaza, so that kinda ties in with the manga.
    The Mewthree was another thing from my Fanfic, in that, Prof. Elm, Oak and Rowan tried to revive a fossil of mew, untill a spy from one of the villainous teams (The one that posses as the good guys) Makes genetic modifications to it in hope to replace the teams last mission to revive a destructive ancient pokemon. it works but and remains in stasis for awhile until it is moved to the teams base where it becomes self-aware and escapes. the rest will have to wait for when i release the fanfic.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

What wouldn't?
    That doesnt make sense, how on earth would reducing your level be beneficial?

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

What wouldn't?
    It could have it's ways. Don't shoot down a man's idea.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyumorph on Tumblr

RE: Common Candy Argument

You could use it to redo a bad stat gain. Or, you could learn a move by releveling if you've got a Heart Scale deficit or haven't reached the Move Relearner.
    Also, it would let you EV train level 100 Event Legendaries if you're into that kind of thing.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

What wouldn't?
    It could have it's ways. Don't shoot down a man's idea.
    I never shot it down. It just didnt make sense to me

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM