What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 8

Page 8 of 238 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

^^ Absol-utely. How many did they have in Sinnoh, like 12? And almost as many in Unova. When there's 50-odd of them, they don't seem to cut it.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Pike Queen Scorpia
    Game Freak needs to be realistic because

NO TWELVE-YEAR OLD DRESSES LIKE THAT.
    They do in Japan.

Nobody thinks twice about the length of Hikari's skirt in Japan because so many ten year olds dress exactly the same way she does. Even when it's cold out.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

^^ Really?

We need a starter based on the Siamese Fighting Fish. That would be cool.

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Pike Queen Scorpia View Post
    We need a starter based on the Siamese Fighting Fish. That would be cool.
    That's a terrible idea for a starter Pokémon.

Generally, starter Pokémon are based on terrestrial animals. All of them have legs that they use to walk around, even Snivy has legs despite being a snake.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

^^ I meant a water starter. You said generally anyway. Squirtle and Totodile are based on aquatic animals, and Mudkip, Piplup, and Oshawott are all based on things that swim. That covers every water-type starter. It's not too much of a leap. While I doubt it would happen, it's not a terrible idea. There are worse ideas for Pokémon than that.

PS Serperior has no legs of any kind. And I suppose it doesn't have to be a starter. I'd own one no matter what, as long as it got made.

Blog Entries

-Original type combination like Steel/Poison, Water/Fire and Electric/Psychic
    -Evolutions for several underused Pokémon like Sableye and Mawile
    -Bigger cities and towns
    -Longer routes
    -Return of the VS. Seeker or a phone system
    -Instead of the player character living with his/her mom, he/she is living with his/her dad.
    -More myths and legends about Pokémon
    -Original Elite Four members. No Ghost-type, Ice-type or Dark-type members. A Normal-type, Flying-type or Rock-type member would be nice.
    -The champion should focus on a specific type.
    Dreamy and rome_raven like this.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

-i want a lion fire starter, a dolphin water starter and this Picture 1 of 16 from Pokemons grass starter
    -A sinnoh type of gameplay, where must obtain a HM so U can move on!
    -a poison and dark gym is a MUST!
    -more nymbasa and castelia type of cities(witha a lot of plot and interesting buildings), and more non gym missions!
    -STRONGER RIVALS AND GYM LEADERS, b/w was pathetic ( the rivals Pokemon where way under the gym leaders level and the gym's were easy with the right Pokemons)!
    -old pre and post evolutins, we all missed it in gen V ( like for mawile, skitty,spinda(especial pre evolution) eevee, and an electric and ice elemental monkey evolution etc)
    -I would love if a flying/fighting type pokemon would be done!
    -and more use of the touch screen, pokethlon type of missions where U have to be faster or stronger so U can proceed !
    - Personally I would love that they change the way the league goes down! Don't know how but different! Maybe fight against 2-3 rivals before challenging the Elite four and the champion! Don't know this got pretty boring!
    -I would love to make an visit to other Region, like they do in HGSS!
    Last edited by Eneci; 4th September 2011 at 01:09 PM.

An option to replay the story without losing everything i've worked so hard for (multiple save slots would be fine).

More post game trainer battles. I love the Post game generally, but i miss working through dungeons and having to fight my way through the various trainers waiting to pounce on me. Maybe have them respawn every few days? It'd give us a chance to train other mons more naturally, rather than dragging them through with EXP Share (not that I dislike EXP share, but sometimes I like to do it the hard way).

Option to save more than a single user battle video.

If it repeats the idea of the battle dojo/stadium-court thing, have the battles scale with your team. A lower leveled team has a chance, higher teams don't blow through like a breeze.
    Oremor likes this.

Normal/Fighting/Flying starters would be really cool and WELCOMED change and the normal starter would have a super powerful signature move to make special
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johntheChristian View Post
    An option to replay the story without losing everything i've worked so hard for (multiple save slots would be fine).
    Yes. Why in the name of Arceus has this not been done before? It's ridiculous! We've been through 5 freaking generations and not once have they put in an extra save slot! Unbelieveable!

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Pike Queen Scorpia View Post
    Yes. Why in the name of Arceus has this not been done before? It's ridiculous! We've been through 5 freaking generations and not once have they put in an extra save slot! Unbelieveable!
    There are very good reasons why they don't bother with extra save slots:

1. They want to promote trading between players. In theory, people are supposed to have a single game so that they trade with other people who have Pokémon that you don't have, like starter Pokémon. If you had the ability to have extra save slots, then that defeats the purpose of trading since you can get every Pokémon in a single game pack.

2. The game's data is complex and it takes up so much space that there's really only enough for a single playthough.

3. The main purpose of the game isn't the main storyline. The game isn't over when the credits roll, and nothing is stopping you from catching and training new Pokémon after the story ends. In fact, it's better since you have access to everything. The real game is the competitive one between other people.

4. It would hurt game sales. The model of having a single save file works well for them since people are willing to buy a relatively expensive game multipule times. More money for Game Freak and Nintendo.

There are probably other reasons, but they're definitely NOT adding more save files.
    Last edited by PDL; 5th September 2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

the gym's were easy with the right Pokemons
    You can say that about any gym though...

I don't know how much of this has been posted, so here goes:

1. I would like the seasons and weather patterns to be more natural-feeling: it's not natural for it to be hailing all the time in one area. Make the weather more random. Same goes for seasons: I'd like to see the changes become more drastic and widespread, with more changes to the whole region (save maybe a tropical island... that's different).

2. Make the game BIGGER:
    a) Larger, more intricate cities & towns. I should be able to explore the city and spend as much time in it as I do with dungeons. I hate just going into a city and using the Pokémon Centre/PokéMart before moseying on through. Seriously.

b) Longer routes. It should be more of a challenge to make it through routes: more grass, different terrain, challenging trainers*, etc.

c) Longer, more difficult dungeons, à la Zelda.
    i) Items required to get through the dungeon (not HMs, but items you would find in-dungeon)

ii) A major challenge at the end of the dungeon (not like a Boss Fight, but something blocking the hero's path to the exit.

3. A more dynamic plotline. One that allows the player some choice; something less linear.

4. A completion percentage when loading the game which encompasses every single aspect of the game. Many players like to get 100% in their games and it's hard to gauge with a Pokémon game.

5. No more Fire/Fighting starters. It's been overdone.

6. Be recognized as 'Champion' in the game after you've defeated the Pokémon League, similar to the Pokémon Fan Club in Hoenn where the members all recognize you as the Champion.

7. Finally, I'd like the NPC trainers' levels to be reflective of the levels of your party members. For example, if I'm on Route 1 and my party's average level is 48 (65+70+25+44+82) then the trainers' Pokémon would be in and around that level. This would also encourage the players to maintain a more balanced team; a few low levels can really throw off the challenge of the battle.
    EDIT: An afterthought: this would only work after battling the trainers once, so that the player wouldn't lag behind level-wise the whole game. Also, certain events would stay the same (i.e. gym battles, Pokémon League, evil team battles, and stuff like Battle Tower, etc.)
    Last edited by Arjun; 5th September 2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Dreamy, Oremor and rome_raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    1. I would like the seasons and weather patterns to be more natural-feeling: it's not natural for it to be hailing all the time in one area. Make the weather more random. Same goes for seasons: I'd like to see the changes become more drastic and widespread, with more changes to the whole region (save maybe a tropical island... that's different).
    This. Sure, we did have the seasons, but they weren't that great I had hoped.
    They should affect everywhere strongly and not just one or two areas like they did in B/W

2. Make the game BIGGER:
    [indent]a) Larger, more intricate cities & towns. I should be able to explore the city and spend as much time in it as I do with dungeons. I hate just going into a city and using the Pokémon Centre/PokéMart before moseying on through. Seriously.
    Also this.
    ...It's just...like...
    *entering to city from route 3*
    "- Whooooaaaa...A NEW city!!"
    *enters route 4*
    "- ...Oh well... "

b) Longer routes. It should be more of a challenge to make it through routes: more grass, different terrain, challenging trainers*, etc.
    B/W did make great routes, but still...They need to be longer. Still.
    ...Just imagine...Every route like a twist mountain....Oh sweet lord do want!

c) Longer, more difficult dungeons, à la Zelda.
    [indent]i) Items required to get through the dungeon (not HMs, but items you would find in-dungeon)
    ...Meh...Maybe, but...I still don't support it. Why?
    2 steps, Boldore, Run *repeat for five hours*

ii) A major challenge at the end of the dungeon (not like a Boss Fight, but something blocking the hero's path to the exit.

3. A more dynamic plotline. One that allows the player some choice; something less linear.
    Oh yeah. Do want.

5. No more Fire/Fighting starters. It's been overdone.
    Meh...I'm OK with 'em.
    Both are types I like and having one fire/fight poke in my team is just a blessing.

7. Finally, I'd like the NPC trainers' levels to be reflective of the levels of your party members. For example, if I'm on Route 1 and my party's average level is 48 (65+70+25+44+82) then the trainers' Pokémon would be in and around that level. This would also encourage the players to maintain a more balanced team; a few low levels can really throw off the challenge of the battle.
    Interesting idea. And yeah, this.
    Let's just combicine it with the idea that you could fight every trainer over and over again, including gyms and leaders, after beating the league.
    This way you could...technically play the story mode again, without restart.

Anyway...
    - Multiple regions
    - More cutscenes
    - More places where camera goes like in skyarrow bridge
    - Even more bigger region with lots of details, like deserts, snowy mountains, calm forests, etc.
    - HG/SS touch screen comeback with auto run button and buttons for bike, rod etc.
    - Fully orchestrated soundtrack with drum beats etc. and more sad themes
    - An EPIC story. Maybe something to do with time traveling and stuff?
    - Infinite TM's like in B/W
    - Possibility to teach TM over HM without a trip to move deleter
    - 120 new pokémons, 15 new evos & pre-evos and 5 new legendaries with single typed water fire and grass mascot legendaries.
    - Make your own character and buy accessories for him/her
    - Change build your own gym and add some people in it, where people could battle you in Wi-Fi without you being directly in contact to them
    - Battle Factory comeback. I love that place with random pokemons
    - Change to make one town as your home town and people in it would recognize you or something like that. You could also have your own house
    - Special version of intimidate -ability
    - More and more NPC's to recognize you after you've beaten the league. The more you beat it, the more NPC's know you
    - Sidequests. LOT...of those... Something like...
    - Other things...I may add something later... :D

EDIT:
    - In this order: Normal, Flying, Fighting, Dark, Steel, Psychic, Dragon & Strong against your starter -gyms.
    Last edited by ~ Z ~; 5th September 2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added gyms... :3

An afterthought: this would only work after battling the trainers once, so that the player wouldn't lag behind level-wise the whole game. Also, certain events would stay the same (i.e. gym battles, Pokémon League, evil team battles, and stuff like Battle Tower, etc.)
    Also added to OP.

Page 8 of 238 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM