What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 73

Page 73 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Hmmm..... Good question. I don't think you should, because the other gym leaders don't seem to lose their jobs if a lot of people beat them.
    I personally don't think you should either, but I wondered because if you notice, the only trainers in the game we actually see beat gym leaders are the player character and the rival (even then, the rival doesn't always go after gym badges)

I'd like to start the gym in a desert town, then more people will start to come as your gym grown and become more and more famous
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

OK, now for Abilities

Trap Dodger: Not hurt by entry hazards.
    Survivalist: Takes normal damage from SE attacks.
    Sweet dreams: Sleeping pokemon heal hp
    Sticky surface: Decrease foes speed on entry.
    Smart enough to use forth in the wrong context
    Claims: Metagross and Travis Touchdown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    One thing about the idea of running your own gym: what happens if you lose to challengers too much? Will you lose your position?
    No. You're stuck with running the gym until you decide to retire or decide to do something else. Then someone else takes over. That's how it works in the anime.

Personally, I kind of like the idea of running your own gym, but I like the idea of becoming the champion after you beat the current champion better. I mean, that's how it works in the anime (Buck challenged Cynthia in the anime to become the new Sinnoh champion), and it's even implied in the game. After defeating the champion in any of the games, they call you the new champion. So doesn't that mean that you should take their place?

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky the first View Post
    Trap Dodger: Not hurt by entry hazards.
    Survivalist: Takes normal damage from SE attacks.
    Sweet dreams: Sleeping pokemon heal hp
    Sticky surface: Decrease foes speed on entry.
    Trap Dodger: Wouldn't that be broken in the Metagame?
    Survivalist: Again, broken?
    Sweet Dreams: Wouldn't that be redundant because of Rest?
    Sticky Surface: That sounds good, a good counter to fast foes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Secretive Trainer View Post
    Trap Dodger: Wouldn't that be broken in the Metagame?
    Survivalist: Again, broken?
    Sweet Dreams: Wouldn't that be redundant because of Rest?
    Sticky Surface: That sounds good, a good counter to fast foes.
    Trap Dodger could probably be broken or just useful depending on how it's used/who gets it, but Survivalist... yeah, no. Unless the only Pokemon it's on has like paper thin defenses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sakanade View Post
    Let me make a list of ideas;

Be released on all three console platforms, Pokemon is very succesful on the DS, a handheld device, now, if they released it on the next generation of consoles, it would be a huge step up. with consoles and online gaming revolutionising games and all. Handheld Pokemon games are getting old, samey, tired.

Appeal to older audiences. Pokemon is pissing me off a bit how they (GameFreak) have to tone it down for children. Prehaps make this one a one-off with a 15 rating and see how it goes.

Bigger platform = bigger game, make a huge reigon spanning at least 24 gyms (8 of which with mixed types, obviously.

Bigger, deeper and darker plotline

Main Protagonists are teenagers (B&W kinda got this right)

PC isn't a bloody mime! Give him some Character! Silent protagonists are a waste of character design if they don't have speech differing from YES and NO.

Plot twist at the end. Colosseum did this right. Twice.

Add more to online, new battle modes and bet matches (One player bets a Pokemon, and another gets to keep it should he defeat him in battle.)

Oh, and one last point, a big one at that; MAKE ALL POKEMON AVAILABLE ON ONE VERSION, OR BETTER STILL DON'T RELEASE TWO VERSIONS YOU CASH COWS.
    Oooh, I like this.

What I want to see is a real-time style battle where control your pokémon in the battle and you can move around and attack. This would be an interesting mechanic as you can basically do hit and run techniques.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

The stars don't twinkle Solaria's Avatar

I'd like to have a cake Pokemon since the Vanillite line is so awesome.
    eevee_lotion likes this.
    The moon doesn't shine

I'd settle for in battle status conditions using gender pronouns. I mean, my parasect is a male, I want to see "He hurt himself in his confusion" not "It hurt itself in it's confusion".
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solaria View Post
    I'd like to have a cake Pokemon since the Vanillite line is so awesome.
    Something like that would in fact add more fuel to all the "gf is running out of ideas for making pokemon" debate, you know. We'll have no end of annoying people saying how Gen1's bland designs are better than gen6's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Hey, how about an option to play as the player character OR the rival?

I'll take HGSS for instance. Or GSC. Whichever.

You can choose Ethan and go the normal route which we all know yadda yadda yadda...and win the league, become champion, end of story.

BUT!! You can choose as the RIVAL and play a different story. You start from whatever home you had and travel to New Bark Town (this will be done by the computer as an introduction). Instead of getting a pokemon from Elm, you actually look through the lab window from outside. You choose what pokemon you want, and then there's this animation where you STEAL the pokemon. Of course, Ethan would've already chosen a pokemon, but let's say you don't know what. When you meet Ethan near Cherrygrove, he has a pokemon with the type advantage (or disadvantage. Whichever)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Hey, how about an option to play as the player character OR the rival?

I'll take HGSS for instance. Or GSC. Whichever.

You can choose Ethan and go the normal route which we all know yadda yadda yadda...and win the league, become champion, end of story.

BUT!! You can choose as the RIVAL and play a different story. You start from whatever home you had and travel to New Bark Town (this will be done by the computer as an introduction). Instead of getting a pokemon from Elm, you actually look through the lab window from outside. You choose what pokemon you want, and then there's this animation where you STEAL the pokemon. Of course, Ethan would've already chosen a pokemon, but let's say you don't know what. When you meet Ethan near Cherrygrove, he has a pokemon with the type advantage (or disadvantage. Whichever)
    (in a sarcastic voice) Yes! Let's have a game for kids that lets you STEAL THINGS!!! Call it Grand Theft Pokemon version!

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

They would need to have two separate save files then!

Instead of the idea of the main character getting a starter Pokemon, how about you (the rival) would get to choose between starter Pokemon, but let the main character have one of three normal Pokemon instead for the sake of not causing paradoxes?

Blog Entries

Or just let the player character chose his Pokemon from the remaining two after you steal yours? Have Elm give him the stronger starter specifically so he can take you down and get the Pokemon back. Which doesn't happen, of course, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    (in a sarcastic voice) Yes! Let's have a game for kids that lets you STEAL THINGS!!! Call it Grand Theft Pokemon version!
    You're right. The games already let you run away from home, travel alone at night, gamble, dole out vigilante justice, hunt wildlife, capture wild life in undersized containers, release them in new, foreign ecosystems, pump them up with steroids, cause earthquakes, start fires indoors, swim across oceans, fly bareback on trained birds, start breeding programs for "quality", enter contests without the permission of a parent or guardian, handle poisons, attempt to perform medical care untrained on animals, interfere in police investigations and enter strangers' homes at night without permission. We've gotta draw the line at theft. We're not monsters, here.
    jokool, Supa and jman21 like this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM