What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 65

Page 65 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    Calm down.

Have you even played the game I referenced? It used both at the same time and it did it amazingly. I would much rather have the menu, something I use all the time, on the touchscreen than the C-Gear which I constantly had off so it was a waste of that entire screen. I don't see anything about the DS that requires games to only use the touchscreen or only use the buttons, and in fact that's severely limiting the game since there are so many options for both and you would be removing every single option. If you're accessing the menu you're not moving anyway, so I don't see the problem with removing a hand from the arrow keys or the other buttons to grab the stylus (if you're really so OCD you can't use your fingers) and select something on the menu.
    Hey All I know is that a professional game reviewer (Yahtzee) is on my side changing a hand action takes time.

Fruit of Prosperity Pomegranate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    Hey All I know is that a professional game reviewer (Yahtzee) is on my side changing a hand action takes time.
    I guess I'm more adept with my hands than you are because going from moving to the menu and then to any option that's not the top one is much, much faster if all you have to do is reach your thumb over and tap it. By the way, tapping the screen with your fingers doesn't hurt anything at all. I've only ever met one person who's been so OCD that he refuses to use his hands, and he's the kind of person that if his console is left on for more than 10 minutes with no use then he gets worried about its safety and doesn't let anyone play a system without him being there to supervise, so he's not an example of the average gamer.

As far as Yahtzee, I had no clue who that was so I googled it, found his review of Pokemon White, and while he was kind enough to say that Pokemon fans will die covered in cat turds or whatever, in the entire review he didn't mention menus once so not sure what you're getting at there.
    Georgie Pie likes this.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Blog Entries

I was refering to his review of china town wars.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare
    It leaves unflattering marks.
    That's... that's it? Fingerprints "ruin" the touchscreen? >_> Seriously dude, just get some Lysol. Or a microfiber cloth. Fingerprints aren't the end of the world...

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pyradox View Post
    Just occurred to me:

When you first go into a wild Pokémon battle, it takes a few seconds to get the options up, at which point there is a completely worthless and rather irritating animation on the bottom screen.

This may not seem like much, but when you are attempting to go through grass and have run out of Repels (just one scenario) it becomes exceedingly agitating.

I suggest that the FIGHT/RUN/ITEM/PARTY options appear as soon as you get into the battle, and that the scene when you throw your Poké Ball in takes about half the time that it currently does. They should also make the opening battle animations (when you first run into a Pokémon) shorter.
    That's very true, especailly the music.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

It leaves unflattering marks.
    That's not ruining it. It's getting it slightly dirty. Guess what you do when something is slightly dirty?

Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries

I tried cleaning it before and if it's not a big deal why do they even have the stylus?

Fruit of Prosperity Pomegranate's Avatar

I tried cleaning it before and if it's not a big deal why do they even have the stylus?
    For games where you write things or draw things. It's more accurate but super accuracy isn't needed for the menu, that's why the buttons are large.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Wait, I have made up a Fire starter.

Blog Entries

I'm sure this has been said before, but MORE EEVEE EVOLUTIONS!
    eevee_lotion likes this.

Credit for sig goes to Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Vanity Pokeballs. Or new ones with good uses and cool designs. One or the other.
    Silverwynde likes this.
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

• A game based on Australia. I'm of sick nobody caring about us down here. >_>
    • At least some kind of character customization. If you find it useless, it's not compulsory. It'd come in handy for WFC, too.
    • A good use of those unused Pokes. How can you catch 'em all if not all of them were released? I mean, come on, those starters were really cute. Added bonus, no blind nostalgia hating.
    • More Eeveeloutions, please. I won't stop asking until we have one of every type. If you think that 690+ Pokes is bad, go look at Digimon.
    • A Dark-type gym, please. Almost 15 years into the franchise, stop stalling.
    • Another double-battle gym. Maybe said wanted Dark gym.
    • New type starters! Well, dual types. Maybe something like Grass/ Ghost, Water/ Poison and Fire/ Rock or something… that doesn't sound so good, Fire/ Rock, but no Fire/ Fighting or Flying, and I'm happy.
    • If not point above, then starters placed with opposites. Like Grass/ Fire, Water/ Grass and Fire/ Water. I rather like this idea, it's original at least.
    • And many more, but I've forgotten them all.
    Last edited by Gunaydin; 13th December 2011 at 10:12 AM.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Blog Entries

More post game I want my pokemon to be in the 90's by the time I'm done with the Game!

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

^
    Yes please! Do you know what my post-game is? I rarely have WFC, only twice in my life, so my post-game is deleting my file and starting again. Pokes games can get excruciatingly boring, especially for someone with no WFC. So I just end up starting my games over again. And again. And again. And again, until I get sick of it completely and never touch the game again. Which is really annoying because my first file is generally the best. Please don't go on about Frontiers and Subways, it's not the same, especially since you don't get any experience. When I finish the game, my Pokes are at level 50 - 60. That is not good. So fix it.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

More postgame activities would be nice. I feel that HG/SS did well in postgame.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM