What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 64
Page 64 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

home is where the heart is and my heart is in both me home land and Australia. what is my home land? Lebanon you dope. couldn't you guess from the arabic name?
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

make battles more engage able, you play as the pokémon, you use the moves, similar graphics to that of battle revolution, so that where not just a manikin. swap in, use combo keys, so you know MORE than 4 moves.

~ Your loyal companion SkittishHeart's Avatar

New Eeveelutions? Better-looking Pokemon. I mean, those that are based from rare - extinct ones. Yeah, there are some of those already, but perhaps they could expand it more? I feel the Pokemon more when they look like actual creatures, not some random object. /rant

Also, (I dunno if this has been mentioned before) if ever they're going to make 6th gen for 3DS, maybe they could do something like, actually making the player yell at the mic of the console when ordering the attack? Kinda similar to how it works on Nintendogs. I believe that'll be sooo cool. Especially in Pokemon Contests. Sounds impossible, but oh well. :D

And they should still have that system of having the first Pokemon in party outside its Pokeball.

That is all. I think. :)

My first GIMP banner -- made it out of boredom. Nyar~
    05/09/12: I claimed Glameow. :3 || 04/29/12: K-ON! and its best character, Mio Akiyama. <3
    I did not create my avatar and profile pic; I found them on Google. Credit goes to whoever did. :D

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

A new menu system would be great. Seeing the menus we have in games at the moment, I've thought that it could be a lot more efficient, and just nicer to use in general. I've had an idea for a menu system for a while, and only got around to drawing up a rough concept of it earlier. Instead of having the menu buttons on the touchscreen that you press (bag, save, options, etc) bring up a new window on the top screen, I think that a menu entirely located on the touchscreen would be nice. Having multiple menus open at once, too, would be a good feature, in my opinion - even if it's only useful for a couple of things.

The idea I had was to have a blank touchscreen, with small buttons, three on each side, to bring up the menus with. When clicked, the tab would expand sideways, showing the menu inside. For the party menu, the menu icons for the Pokémon in your party would be seen (shown with the pink squares in the image above), with a small meter below indicating their current health, and something to indicate their status condition, too (possibly having the sprite coloured differently - yellow for paralysed, blue for frozen, red for burned and purple for poisoned. When you wish to view the Pokémon in more detail - the screen showing you their nature, place met, etc - you could tap their sprites, and that sprite would be highlighted, with the others shown as dulled down and transparent, and a menu would pop up to the side of it, with options for checking the summary of the Pokémon, and a couple of options for menus. The Pokémon summary page would be arranged and behave in the same style as from previous games, being shown on both the top and bottom screens.

The Pokédex probably wouldn't work well at all like this, and would probably just open as usual, taking the appearance and layout of the Pokédex from Gen V (because the Gen V Pokédex is awesome), appearing on both the top and bottom screens.

The tab for the player card could open the card on the touchscreen, flipping over once tapped, and with the player's badges displayed underneath, accessible by tapping a tab extending along the length of the bottom of the touchscreen, opening up the badge case.

Once the bag tab is clicked, it would expand sideways in the same way as the party menu, sliding out sideways, and would display icons and text showing the different sections to the bag (items, medicines, balls, etc). When one of those is chosen, the bag menu bar would take the same style as the party menu, with the menu icons for the various items in your bag being shown (indicated by the blue boxes on the image), as well as the name of the item (the red/purple bars beneath the boxes), and the number of said item (small pink box). This is where the menu becomes more efficient - if you wish to heal a Pokémon, or use any other item on them, you can have both the bag and the party menus open at the same time, and you can simply drag the Potion, or other medicine, onto the sprite of the Pokémon that you wish to use it on. This can be used with other items, too, such as evolution stones, with the Pokémon sprites turning transparent if it's impossible to use the item on that Pokémon (Fire Stone on a Magikarp, for example), with the Pokémon that are compatible with the item keeping their colour (if a Fire Stone is chosen, Growlithe sprites will retain their colours, for example).

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Rains View Post
    A new menu system would be great. Seeing the menus we have in games at the moment, I've thought that it could be a lot more efficient, and just nicer to use in general. I've had an idea for a menu system for a while, and only got around to drawing up a rough concept of it earlier. Instead of having the menu buttons on the touchscreen that you press (bag, save, options, etc) bring up a new window on the top screen, I think that a menu entirely located on the touchscreen would be nice. Having multiple menus open at once, too, would be a good feature, in my opinion - even if it's only useful for a couple of things.

The idea I had was to have a blank touchscreen, with small buttons, three on each side, to bring up the menus with. When clicked, the tab would expand sideways, showing the menu inside. For the party menu, the menu icons for the Pokémon in your party would be seen (shown with the pink squares in the image above), with a small meter below indicating their current health, and something to indicate their status condition, too (possibly having the sprite coloured differently - yellow for paralysed, blue for frozen, red for burned and purple for poisoned. When you wish to view the Pokémon in more detail - the screen showing you their nature, place met, etc - you could tap their sprites, and that sprite would be highlighted, with the others shown as dulled down and transparent, and a menu would pop up to the side of it, with options for checking the summary of the Pokémon, and a couple of options for menus. The Pokémon summary page would be arranged and behave in the same style as from previous games, being shown on both the top and bottom screens.

The Pokédex probably wouldn't work well at all like this, and would probably just open as usual, taking the appearance and layout of the Pokédex from Gen V (because the Gen V Pokédex is awesome), appearing on both the top and bottom screens.

The tab for the player card could open the card on the touchscreen, flipping over once tapped, and with the player's badges displayed underneath, accessible by tapping a tab extending along the length of the bottom of the touchscreen, opening up the badge case.

Once the bag tab is clicked, it would expand sideways in the same way as the party menu, sliding out sideways, and would display icons and text showing the different sections to the bag (items, medicines, balls, etc). When one of those is chosen, the bag menu bar would take the same style as the party menu, with the menu icons for the various items in your bag being shown (indicated by the blue boxes on the image), as well as the name of the item (the red/purple bars beneath the boxes), and the number of said item (small pink box). This is where the menu becomes more efficient - if you wish to heal a Pokémon, or use any other item on them, you can have both the bag and the party menus open at the same time, and you can simply drag the Potion, or other medicine, onto the sprite of the Pokémon that you wish to use it on. This can be used with other items, too, such as evolution stones, with the Pokémon sprites turning transparent if it's impossible to use the item on that Pokémon (Fire Stone on a Magikarp, for example), with the Pokémon that are compatible with the item keeping their colour (if a Fire Stone is chosen, Growlithe sprites will retain their colours, for example).
    I don't like it. A game should rely on bottoms or the stylus. A combination or the two is bad cause it leaves you with two options fumble for the stylus or ruin the touch screen by touching it with your fingers.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    I don't like it. A game should rely on bottoms or the stylus. A combination or the two is bad cause it leaves you with two options fumble for the stylus or ruin the touch screen by touching it with your fingers.
    Pretty much all that's different there is how everything is displayed - you have to use the stylus or your fingers anyway to access the menu in recent games, so why not have it like that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Rains View Post
    Pretty much all that's different there is how everything is displayed - you have to use the stylus or your fingers anyway to access the menu in recent games, so why not have it like that?
    You don't actually the cgear and poketch menus were divided from the regular menus and there was nothing forcing you to use them. The johto remake menu gave you an option I didn't use the touch at. Remember humans only have two hands yo.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You don't actually the cgear and poketch menus were divided from the regular menus and there was nothing forcing you to use them. The johto remake menu gave you an option I didn't use the touch at. Remember humans only have two hands yo.
    Bear in mind that this is suggestions and ideas for things they could do differently in Gen VI. The C-Gear isn't necessarily going to be included in the next generation of games - there could be something implemented to replace it. I'm not suggesting anything that's only realistic for people that have more than two hands, so I don't see why you said that - this menu concept, like all other menus, can be used using one hand.

Blog Entries

All right, sorry to be off-topic, but how exactly does using your fingers ruin the touch screen? >.>

There are two features of the DS - the buttons and the touchscreen. Why should the game not take advantage of both? Personally I love the touchscreen menu because when I want the menu, I don't want to have to press a button to open it if I don't have to. If it's right there, then it's so much easier and I don't have to scroll through options either. Then again my favorite DS game is The World Ends with You just because it takes the DS to its full capabilities with controls.

I doubt the C-Gear would be coming back anyway, they tend not to re-use stuff like that. Maybe they can integrate wireless play into the menu somehow though, so they can still have the options.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leafheart View Post
    New Eeveelutions? Better-looking Pokemon. I mean, those that are based from rare - extinct ones. Yeah, there are some of those already, but perhaps they could expand it more? I feel the Pokemon more when they look like actual creatures, not some random object. /rant

Also, (I dunno if this has been mentioned before) if ever they're going to make 6th gen for 3DS, maybe they could do something like, actually making the player yell at the mic of the console when ordering the attack? Kinda similar to how it works on Nintendogs. I believe that'll be sooo cool. Especially in Pokemon Contests. Sounds impossible, but oh well. :D

And they should still have that system of having the first Pokemon in party outside its Pokeball.

That is all. I think. :)
    That might work, but it would have to be an option that you could turn on and off, otherwise when you were somewhere where you had to be quiet, it would be annoying to have to yell out your attacks all the time.

As for my own ideas, I don't really have any, but it's about time GameFreak made games called Purple and Orange. Don't know about a name for the third version though.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by shayminrules View Post
    As for my own ideas, I don't really have any, but it's about time GameFreak made games called Purple and Orange. Don't know about a name for the third version though.
    How about brown?

I doubt they'll stay with colors again. People always call games the color games but before B/W, only the first generation had colors. Gen II had metals, Gen III had stones, Gen IV had multiple things. I think Gen VI might go back to metals because it's a reboot, but the biggest metals are already taken, unless it's like Pokemon Iron and Steel, set in an Industrial-Era England...nevermind that would be awesome I want that. Steampunk Pokemon.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    I doubt they'll stay with colors again. People always call games the color games but before B/W, only the first generation had colors. Gen II had metals, Gen III had stones, Gen IV had multiple things. I think Gen VI might go back to metals because it's a reboot, but the biggest metals are already taken, unless it's like Pokemon Iron and Steel, set in an Industrial-Era England...nevermind that would be awesome I want that. Steampunk Pokemon.
    Color/Color/Color Metal/Metal/Stone Stone/Stone/Stone Stone/Stone/Metal Color/Color/Color(?) that's been the pattern thus far
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    All right, sorry to be off-topic, but how exactly does using your fingers ruin the touch screen? >.>
    It leaves unflattering marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    There are two features of the DS - the buttons and the touchscreen. Why should the game not take advantage of both? Personally I love the touchscreen menu because when I want the menu, I don't want to have to press a button to open it if I don't have to. If it's right there, then it's so much easier and I don't have to scroll through options either. Then again my favorite DS game is The World Ends with You just because it takes the DS to its full capabilities with controls.

I doubt the C-Gear would be coming back anyway, they tend not to re-use stuff like that. Maybe they can integrate wireless play into the menu somehow though, so they can still have the options.
    WE ONLY HAVE TWO HANDS. THINK ABOUT IT!

WE ONLY HAVE TWO HANDS. THINK ABOUT IT!
    Calm down.

Have you even played the game I referenced? It used both at the same time and it did it amazingly. I would much rather have the menu, something I use all the time, on the touchscreen than the C-Gear which I constantly had off so it was a waste of that entire screen. I don't see anything about the DS that requires games to only use the touchscreen or only use the buttons, and in fact that's severely limiting the game since there are so many options for both and you would be removing every single option. If you're accessing the menu you're not moving anyway, so I don't see the problem with removing a hand from the arrow keys or the other buttons to grab the stylus (if you're really so OCD you can't use your fingers) and select something on the menu.