What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 62

Page 62 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceking View Post
    If we get some kind of Kanto sequel, I want the Indigo Leauge to split into seperate leauges for Kanto and Johto.
    The only things of a Kanto sequel I can see are.

1. Takes place between RGBY and GSC
    2. Koga is still gym leader, but will leave after you beat the E4 for the first time. Janine will be able to be battled.
    3. Lorlei will leave after you beat the E4 and Agatha will retire. Will and Karen replace them.
    4. Your Rival will be Champ in the first round of the E4 and Lance will be in the rematches.
    5. You will be able to see how Cinnabar erupted and Blaine moves to Seafoam after the E4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post

3. Lorlei will leave after you beat the E4 and Agatha will retire. Will and Karen replace them.
    NO I want Lorlei and Agatha they're one of the reasons I want Gen I remakes or sequels
    They should stay
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

I have many wishes, but for now I only want to discuss one of them: The unused Pokémon deserve to be incorporated into future games, even though many would argue that it should have happened by now. Satoshi Tajiri revealed in a 1997 interview that more than 200 Pokémon had been designed for Red and Green. Of those, some were used in Gold and Silver, but those games also had over 200 prospective designs as early as 1997, and only 100 were used (some of which were probably designed after 1997). That should mean that there are at least 100 unused Pokémon from the first two generations combined. This count probably does not include redesigned Pokémon like Chikorita, because Tajiri obviously wouldn't have counted those twice.

How many of the unused Pokémon have been used by now? Junichi Masuda only saw fit to mention Shellos in Diamond and Pearl interviews, and that one had been designed for Generation III; I would think that he would have mentioned earlier designs if there had been any. For Black and White, the interviews made it clear that that the designs were brand new (although there might be a few exceptions). I haven't found enough interviews about Ruby and Sapphire, but most fans would agree that Game Freak were going for a different style in that period.

Now, we have more information about redesigned critters than about unused ones, but the best "poster boys" for the unused family are Kurusu and Honōguma, which were supposed to be the Water and Fire-type starters in Gold and Silver; I highly doubt that they are related to any of the existing Pokémon. Just by looking at them, you can tell that the reason they were omitted is unlikely to be design flaws, because in opinion they look better than most of the starters to date. Tajiri knew from the get-go that only 100 designs would be used for Gold and Silver due to the use of 8-bit identifiers (which limited the number of Pokémon to 256, of which two index numbers were reserved for programming purposes, and another one represented Egg).

I recently tweeted Junichi Masuda a question about this, and he refused to answer. This tells me that the scrapped Pokémon have mostly remained unused. If the next generation revisits older Pokémon through new evolutions, it would only be sensible to revisit the unused designs, as well. I appreciate that there are new designers who want to contribute their own ideas, but if they plan to add around 100 Pokémon like in the previous even-numbered generations, I don't see why they can't make room for around 50 or so designs that simply need to be retweaked. As a matter of fact, they could reserve those Pokémon for a later point in the generation, in case they didn't want to start off with 150 new Pokémon again.

1. Takes place between RGBY and GSC
    That would be a mistake in my eyes. Setting a future Kanto game prior to Generation I or after Generation II would not limit the changes to the ones we've seen before. As much as I'd like to understand what exactly made the Cinnabar volcano erupt (it wasn't even mentioned in Generation I) and Cerulean Cave collapse, those events could be explained rather than being seen. Besides, the bigger question is what happened in the Pokémon Mansion years before Generation I (which is most likely related to the aforementioned events).
    Last edited by Silktree; 14th December 2011 at 01:59 PM.
    H-con likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Another thing - being able to customize your character. Like, remember how pokemons could obtain accessories for contests? The pc could start in standard clothing, then there would be quests here and there for obtaining outfits or props. Some of them could be NPC items. For instance, we could get Cynthia's jacket if we get a Garchomp up to level 100 while having it's beauty stats maximized.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Another thing - being able to customize your character. Like, remember how pokemons could obtain accessories for contests? The pc could start in standard clothing, then there would be quests here and there for obtaining outfits or props. Some of them could be NPC items. For instance, we could get Cynthia's jacket if we get a Garchomp up to level 100 while having it's beauty stats maximized.
    too much work! I play games to have fun. The iv thing puts to much effort into these VIDEO GAMES as it is. We should have to get spread that much time on an outfit. Sorry but griding for the sake of griding is when griding stops being fun.

I want to walk with my leading Pokémon outside of its Pokéball again, along with Pokéwalker comparability.

That is all, really. I was disappointed to see one if the best innovations of HG/SS be forgotten about in fifth generation.
    purple&blue likes this.

What I really want is a new design team. The pokémons from generation V are, in my opinion, so worst then the previous ones :~

I want one fire starter that doesn't turn into a Fighting type -.-'

We should have our pokés following us again, but with the option to ride some of them available. Like riding an Arcanine <3

Fruit of Prosperity Pomegranate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    too much work! I play games to have fun. The iv thing puts to much effort into these VIDEO GAMES as it is. We should have to get spread that much time on an outfit. Sorry but griding for the sake of griding is when griding stops being fun.
    That would be grinding for the sake of an outfit. How is it any different from grinding to defeat a trainer or any other type of grinding that makes it less interesting?

Not disagreeing that grinding isn't fun, but curious as to when grinding is fun for you.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Quote Originally Posted by underwater View Post
    What I really want is a new design team. The pokémons from generation V are, in my opinion, so worst then the previous ones :~
    They won't hire new designers because one person hates the BW pokemon. I actually find most of them better than previous pokemon similar to them. I would take Garbodor over Muk any day.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

The stupid IV system to be scrapped. The only reason I IV breed in the first place is to keep up with everyone else (especially the RNGers). It takes all the IV breeding you can do to stay in one place...
    I would give up backwards compatibility just for that.
    Bouffalant Herdier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    The stupid IV system to be scrapped. The only reason I IV breed in the first place is to keep up with everyone else (especially the RNGers). It takes all the IV breeding you can do to stay in one place...
    I would give up backwards compatibility just for that.
    That would also mean getting rid of Hidden Power and having to completely redo the stats. This will never happen.

They won't hire new designers because one person hates the BW pokemon. I actually find most of them better than previous pokemon similar to them. I would take Garbodor over Muk any day.
    Well, I said it was my opinion. >.< Or do you think that they are reading all the sujections here to make a game that would please every single person in this pot? I know that it's never going to happen, but I still have the right for an opinion.

Plus, I know lots of people that prefer the older pokémons. D=

And Garbodor? Really? .3.

Quote Originally Posted by underwater View Post
    Well, I said it was my opinion. >.< Or do you think that they are reading all the sujections here to make a game that would please every single person in this pot? I know that it's never going to happen, but I still have the right for an opinion.

Plus, I know lots of people that prefer the older pokémons. D=

And Garbodor? Really? .3.
    I know it's your opinion I wasn't bashing it. I was just telling you GF would never to something just because one person wants it. And yes I find Garbodor's design much better than Muks. A pile of sludge just becoming angry when it evolves is not creative at all and neither is flipping a ball upside down. Yes there are alot of people who prefer the old Pokemon but there is just as many who prefer the newer ones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    That would be grinding for the sake of an outfit. How is it any different from grinding to defeat a trainer or any other type of grinding that makes it less interesting?

Not disagreeing that grinding isn't fun, but curious as to when grinding is fun for you.
    When it feels like effort. training for a boss could be fun if you feel enough progress and the atmosphere is good. It not part of the main quest so it becomes work and with grinding for a boss you are in control of how much you want to grind.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    I don't see why you're against it. It's not like it's something that you would have to do because it's crucial to the game's storyline, it would be an optional thing like beating the Elite 4 more than once, or challenging the Battle Subway - not required, but rewarding. It would be a good challenge, I think, and having Cynthia's coat as a reward would be totally worth it. It's added incentive, too, to train Pokémon to the limits that the game allows.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM