What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 60

Page 60 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

If Generation 6 will rearrange the type compatibility, I would love to see Grass and Ice getting more favourable changes, since they have some problems that prevent them from being up to par with other types. Also, I read that the developers would consider a new type if they can manage to find balance to it, which would be nice, because that way, we have more room for new type combinations. I imagine that if Ghost didn't exist, then no one would fathom Ghost-types now. Actually, I predict that if almost all type combinations are explored, then there may be a chance a new type may be introduced.

However, first things first: explore more type combinations that's not been explored yet, like Grass/Ghost, Grass/Dragon and Ice/Fighting.

Thanks for reading.
    eevee_lotion and Hidden Mew like this.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Deep plot stories for main villain like in BW

This indeed is the article
    I'm sorry didn't know it was a joke I forgot it, but reading it now it's definitely a joke
    SORRY
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

I don't think it would be too bad to have our original TM system from HeartGold where you can buy new ones, as long as Flash is made an HM. It seems a little too easy with the current way.

There's not really much of a difference between TMs and HMs right now.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

In theory, yes, old TM system encouraged strategic thinking and all that. In practice I suspect that for the majority of players all finite-supply TMs are either spent before they learn to use them strategically, or declared "Too Awesome To Use" (to borrow a teveetropism) with, again, no any opportunity to strategize, or force you to reset/cheat.

People can only learn and discover by experimenting, and any way you look at it, one, say, TM92 per game doesn't allow for much of experimentation to be done.
    Last edited by 3dent; 3rd December 2011 at 01:54 AM.

The Dragon Master Knight RazorClaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyradox View Post
    I don't think it would be too bad to have our original TM system from HeartGold where you can buy new ones, as long as Flash is made an HM. It seems a little too easy with the current way.

There's not really much of a difference between TMs and HMs right now.
    i like new system make em CDs and DVDs as such to use over and over again

Blog Entries

Okay. I've had it.

I demand a LESS linear Generation VI games. Unova was way too linear for my taste. I like how Sinnoh and Hoenn and other regions branched into inaccessible areas until you beat a certain part of the game. Sure Unova was like that, but it was obvious.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3dent View Post
    People can only learn and discover by experimenting, and any way you look at it, one, say, TM92 per game doesn't allow for much of experimentation to be done.
    In HGSS, you were able to buy more whenever you wanted.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

NO no leave the TM system as it is
    For me, all I do post is train different teams and I want to be able to use all the TMs on all my Pokémon
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Quote Originally Posted by Pyradox View Post
    In HGSS, you were able to buy more whenever you wanted.
    All of them? Admittedly, I never played HGSS all the way to post-game, so I may not know something, but as far as I can tell from Bulbapedia, some TMs, like abovementioned TM92 are unique.

Blog Entries

Personally, I've been thinking of a way to strike a balance between the one-time use and general rarity of TMs in Gens I-IV and the unlimited uses in Gen V. Like, have the TM works 2-5 times before breaking, or have a shop like the Kekleon shop in MD that sells a few random TMs out of all of them, with a selection that changes every day (the basic TMs sold every day at the departments stores and such would remain). They could do something like that.
    Pyradox and Gunaydin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    -I would want the game titles to be inspired from Astronomy (sun, moon & star/earth version) or even Astrology (no idea here), since precious stones have already been done twice.
    -A greatly inspired from aliens starters. All with unique last dual typing (no dragon). like Grass/Rock, fire/poison & water/steel.
    -A more cohesive and inspired plot. Probably set in West coast USA (with Area 51) or in South America (Guyana, comeback of Mew in game story).
    -In anime, I wish Ash would age from 10 to 16. So the characters in game would be age around 16 too.
    -Two rivals, male & female. Male's personality would be positive (main character's bestfriend). The female would be villainous, enigmatic and mysterious (daughter of Villain team's leader) but not known until last parts of the game.
    -125 new pokemons, 25 new evos & pre evos
    -a trainer shop where you can buy clothes, hair styles, accessories, etc. so we won't have the same look when battling wifi.
    -more new wireless features like dream world.
    -2 regions in 1 game like (HG/SS)
    -a virtual keypad so we can customize chat accurately, not those given words.
    -more difficult AI (trainers, gym leaders)
    -new methods of catching or finding pokemons.
    -more move tutors
    -buffing on a few pokemons (stat wise) like Meganium.
    -all Gen I - Gen V pokemons (except some legendaries) to be present in the games.
    -more game quests (post elite 4)
    I very much agree with this. I really like the astronomy idea. And Unique typings are something I think we all want. A more cohesive plot would be awesome. I think the option to set your age would be nice, and some minor customization.
    And while I don't disagree that having two regions was awesome in 2nd Gen, I actually think simply having a more comprehensive region would be better. Something larger, and with more gyms than the typical 8. Maybe some would be optional, but you would still only need 8 badges to enter the league.
    And I think one of the biggest things that I would like to see would be some acknowledgment of the fact that you are the Champion after having beaten the League. In the current games you can always go through and rechallenge the League, and everytime they act like it's something new and amazing when you beat them. I'd like to be able to take the mantle of Champion and accept challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSoul View Post
    And I think one of the biggest things that I would like to see would be some acknowledgment of the fact that you are the Champion after having beaten the League. In the current games you can always go through and rechallenge the League, and everytime they act like it's something new and amazing when you beat them. I'd like to be able to take the mantle of Champion and accept challengers.
    Everyone is demanding the right to be champion
    It's our basic right, and I think by Gen VI we should able to be champions, ad random POWERFUL npcs challenge you and if you lose you have to reclaim you title
    Hopefully

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

The only problem with NPC's challenging you as champion is:
    what happens if you are away? Does that mean you automatically loose your title, does it mean you get a phone call saying "so-and-so challenges you, come battle him now or you forfeit", or what?

The Dragon Master Knight RazorClaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eevee_lotion View Post
    Everyone is demanding the right to be champion
    It's our basic right, and I think by Gen VI we should able to be champions, ad random POWERFUL npcs challenge you and if you lose you have to reclaim you title
    Hopefully
    epic fail idea, don't make it more real life live in real life if the video game world sucks

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM