What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 6

Page 6 of 238 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

for me I would want a customizable character definitely. and you can buy clothes and stuff and change if seasons change and if you ride a Pokemon on a water route, you have a swimsuit. stuff like that. I would also like to say bye to HMs. They are the most annoying things ever. I think 2 regions like GSC is a great idea. It really makes the game longer too.
    My big dream for a game is to have like an RPG type thing where you play connected to the internet on a console or computer and visit all regions. and if they release new Pokemon, you can download an update for the game so you can catch them and go to new places. and you don't have to wait forever for events and everything. Much like the game idea found at the link in my signature. I've modified the idea, so some stuff there has changed.
    Dreamy and Transfinite like this.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

I'd like Pokéathlon and Contests to come back. And a game corner and battle frontier, if those don't show up for the rest of Gen 5.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by GameCubeController View Post
    Also, I think they should remove EVs and IVs from pokemon. It takes too much effort to get your pokemon perfect, which is what a lot of competetive battlers try to do. It's hard for me to compete against people who get their pokemon well EV'd/IV'd, and I shouldn't have to go through what they did to get pokemon good enough to beat them. It's hard enough to get a pokemon to have the right nature, ya know? Pokemon should be a game of strategy, and not about taking forever to get perfect pokemon.
    What? You think you should be able to beat people who've spent a massive amount of time to achieve perfection by not doing anything? I think that's called just being lazy.

Of course not... Mario is an icon of the Mario series and Link is the hero of the Zelda series. The protagonists of each generations are much less iconic and will probably be customizable in the future.
    Agreed, or at least they should be customizable (doesn't mean they will do it...). This would create some problems if you made them recurring characters, but I doubt that would be a big issue, considering how many PCs have been recurring.

Yes. But I'm not sure they could pull off an eighth Bug gym, there's nothing that powerful. I guess they could fix that.
    If they made a Bug E4-member, making a Bug-gym wouldn't be that difficult (to name a few in the current games; Volcarona, Heracross, Scizor, Yanmega, Crustle, Galvantula, Armaldo etc. etc.)

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Could you edit Mario's clothes or skin color? No. How about Links? Nope. They won't do it.
    Entirely moot point. Mario and Link's outfits are not only their traditional outfits (they have them in pretty much every game) but they are also iconic of their series. You can't exactly say the same for the main character in each pokemon game - the outfit the character wears is not exactly something people think of when they first think of pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike Queen Scorpia View Post
    Yes. But I'm not sure they could pull off an eighth Bug gym, there's nothing that powerful. I guess they could fix that.
    Scizor, Volcarona, Yanmega, Heracross and Escavalier are all very "powerful" Bug-types. There's also Scyther, Pinsir, Galvantula, Venomoth and even Durant that would work in the last Gym as they can be just as good. If it's a new Gen, they'll likely be introducing some new ones, too.

I'm having trouble thinking of stuff I'd like in Gen VI, so I'll post back another time with my list. I definately want a fluffy Absol pre-evo, though. :3
    Last edited by Zeb; 2nd September 2011 at 05:48 AM.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Quote Originally Posted by gryffindor1991 View Post
    for me I would want a customizable character definitely. and you can buy clothes and stuff and change if seasons change and if you ride a Pokemon on a water route, you have a swimsuit. stuff like that. I would also like to say bye to HMs. They are the most annoying things ever. I think 2 regions like GSC is a great idea. It really makes the game longer too.
    My big dream for a game is to have like an RPG type thing where you play connected to the internet on a console or computer and visit all regions. and if they release new Pokemon, you can download an update for the game so you can catch them and go to new places. and you don't have to wait forever for events and everything. Much like the game idea found at the link in my signature. I've modified the idea, so some stuff there has changed.
    No this would be too much Wi-Fi how about people who don't have Wi-Fi, plus you'll wait forever for updates
    Lord Clowncrete likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by gryffindor1991 View Post
    I never said anything about Wi-Fi. Then again, I don't know how those consoles connect to the internet. Since its Nintendo, it would be most likely for the Wii or Wii U. Also, I would make it so you can still play while it updates.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

Blog Entries

I'd like to see the starters be Ice/Rock/Flying, eventually ending at Ice/Flying, Rock/Dragon, and Fighting/Ground. The Ice starter would start as a Tiger Seal and do a true evolution coming onto land, becoming a Penguin-esque Pokemon, and finally becoming an Ice Ostrich. The Rock starter would start as sort of a rocky worm, then becomes a rock snake, finally becoming a rocky Serpant/Dragon-esque this. The Fighting starter would start as a bear sort of Pokemon, then becoming a standing bear child and ending as a Grizzly bear
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

A squid Pokemon.

Seriously Gamefreak, it's a series about battling monsters, and after five generations, still no squid?

Bring on the squid, Dyno commands it!!

Also, I wish they'd find a way to fix the nature system so getting a Pokemon with halfway decent stats isn't so dang luck-based. I know it's only a 10% difference, but that 10% seems to make a huge impact for me, even in metagame.

I have an idea for a Pokemon psychologist who could change a Pokemon's nature for a fee. She'd say that she has the knack to bring out a Pokemon's true self. She'd also be buxom, wear glasses, and own a race car... ... not sure what that has to do with anything, but I doubt many would complain.

Oh and one last thing, please give the Poison type more advantages. They were seriously screwed over in Gen 2, losing their Bug advantage and even having an immunity to deal with in the form of Steel. That was just mean. I say give them an advantage over Fighting, who has way too many advantages and not enough weaknesses to balance it.

And while I'm wishing for things, I'd also like a flamethrower and a banana shake. I'm thirsty and feel a desire to set stuff on fire.
    Brilanta Stelo likes this.
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I want the games to not look like ass for a change. I'm tired of the blocky Super Famicom sprites over crappy 3D backgrounds we had in Generations IV and V.

And hey, I'd love to be able to move my character diagonally. Y'know, like every other RPG series in existence.
    Tsuness and Risa Katou like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

I want the first gym to be a gym where none of the starters will have an advantage. Gives the opportunity for every player to start off on even footing no matter what starter they chose.

I'd like to see the 4 memebers of the Elite 4 specialize in Electric, Grass, Water, and fire pokemon respetively. We've never seen a member specialize in the first 3 and I just threw fire in there for one of the members since all 4 of those elements kind of go together.

I mentioned this in another thread earlier today. I'd like to see a New Game Plus - Television Tropes & Idioms aspect. In the barest sense, once you've defeated the elite 4 the first time, you can choose to play the game over. The gyms and battle all the old trainers. HOWEVER, you get to keep all of your old items and your old pokemon. Depending on how the New Game Plus feature worked it would be good if they made the trainers harder the 2nd time around, with upgraded teams and levels. If they let you replay the game twice for a total of 3 playthroughs it would be nice to see a special area in the region be unlocked. Some kind of bonus dungeon with super powerful pokemon and you could battle some super trainer. Depending on what the region is it could be Red, Blue, Ethan, etc.

^Idea for all of that comes from Megaman Battle Network 4.

The Legend of Zelda games are infamous for their 100% (101, 105, 200) completion aspect. There are NUMEROUS side quests and some side quests that have to be done at specific times or on specific days or in a specific area. I'd like to see some of those ideas make their way over to Gen. 6.

Give the played the option to NOT challenge the gyms. Maybe some people want to be a coordinator or a pokemon researcher. Make those options available. This is something that would take a lot of time (at least two gens for them to fully flesh it out and get it up and running) so I suggest they simply use the different version in a different way. Maybe have one version have a storyling where you challenge gyms and one have a storyline where you're a coordinator.

I really never want to see starters that don't consist of water, grass and fire. BUT I do want the final form of each starter to have a 2nd type.

Based on how the storyline for Grey Version goes, N might have two dragons or none or just one. Either way, Grey will probably make a cohesive storyline we can follow so we'll know what dragon N officioally has and it won't depend on the version. If he catches and leaves with one of the dragons in Grey version then thats the one he has in whatever distant land he's in.

For them to show 2 regions, 1 would have to be one of the older regions were used to seeing. Its too much to ask for them to develop 2 completely new and unique regions. I doubt we'd see Kanto or Johto as those 2 regions go together. Also, A LOT of people are currently sick of Kanto and have started to forget that that was the original region that kicked the entire franchise off. That's why I don't want to see Kanto in this gen or Gen 6. Lets give the region a break for a while. If we see a 2nd region it should be either Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova. (Personally i'm hoping for Sinnoh, since we'll probably see Hoenn in remakes this gen).

An end to the remakes. I love them, but after they remake Hoenn thie gen (Hopefully) there's no need to remake sinnoh next gen. The games are still pretty new and compatible so i'd really like for GF to simply focus on the 2 new region games they introduce in gen 6, along with the special 3rd version. In Gen 7 i'd like to see them then go back to Kanto, but instead of a remake have a completely new storyline, maybe have the game be set like 6 years after the originals (6 Years after Kanto and Hoenn, 3 years after Johto and Sinnoh, and I think a that makes them a few years before Black and White)

No Fire/Fighting starter. Its gotten out of hand.

If they wanted to do a 2nd region, which I wouldn't mind, they should simply have the 2nd region be Unova. And the first region can be connected to it, just like Kanto and johto were back in the day lol.

Vs Seeker

If they keep the beat the Elite 4 storyline, people need to start recognizing your character as the champion of the region.

I want your character to become the new Red, when Gen 7 rolls around. I've always hated how Ethan and the other characters were treated. Part of me understands why, because if you had say May appear as the person who saved Hoenn in a later gen, then she's the official character for the Hoenn games and Brendan's not. This would of course, piss some fans off.

Take care of Ghetsis. Heck, have him be a bonus boss after you defeat the elite 4. If we return to Sinnoh as a possible 2nd region, give us the chance to find out what happened to Cyrus.

Of course Gym Leader rematches.

Mentioned it earlier, but there must always be a bonus boss. Kanto had Mewtwo (Should've had Professor Oak), Johto had Red, Hoenn gets Steven (Still hoping for remakes and that Wallace will be the champion), Sinnoh gave us Cynthia. She wasn't the bonus of her region, but we got the chance to see her in Unova AND Johto. The Bonus boss will depend on what the new region is and where it's located. If it's connected to unova, then we need to see Hilda or Hilbert (Depending on when it takes place in the timeline)

AND I think that's about it.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

OSHAWHAT?

I'd like 151 Pokemon and for it to be the last generation.

Gee, for marketing reasons and etc., I wonder how likely either of those things are gonna happen.

I wouldn't mind walking diagonally in the main games. Simply because the first five gens haven't been, so... why not? Sure it's tradition to walk in four directions, and I don't really care that much that I do that, but it's not something I really wanna hold onto.

Pokemon Copper and Pokemon Tin? Eh... I'm not saying I really like those names but they keep getting in my head.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike Queen Scorpia View Post
    There are many powerful Bug-types out there. Escavalier, Volcarona, Galvantula, Scizor, Heracross and Pinsir are some good examples.

Anyway, I also want to see another haunted mansion or a haunted forest.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

How about a bank, like in the Mystery Dungeon series? I know that you don't lose money as fast if you faint in a battle as that series, but it could work like the Mother system in G/S/C and the remakes, just without your money being spent on useless god damn crap. And, if there is a character like N in the next games, don't just have him disappear - have him be an additional boss after the Elite 4, and put him in a cave/forest somewhere, with a team that randomly rotates through (nearly) every fully evolved Pokémon that is available in your version of the game.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I want the games to not look like ass for a change. I'm tired of the blocky Super Famicom sprites over crappy 3D backgrounds we had in Generations IV and V.

And hey, I'd love to be able to move my character diagonally. Y'know, like every other RPG series in existence.
    They should phase that in for the little whatsit on the 3DS. That moves you diagonally, right?
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries

I would be nice if we had some items that were for the player character, not just the Pokémon. As in if a the player gets hurt in anyway, as in poisoned, burned, etc., we should get some first-aid items.

Page 6 of 238 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM