What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 58
Page 58 of 238 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

The Future King Koopa Jr's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Koopa Jr on Tumblr

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Let's not make up fake statistics here. You're taking a linear view of how events unfold. However, events don't unfold in a completely linear fashion--if it did, we'd never have gone into a recession, but of course, that's just an example. Just because you take a linear view of the world, doesn't mean the people making Pokemon do. For all we know, they could be thinking "its been thirteen years since we introduced a new type..." and given the nature of the Unova region trying to mirror Kanto, one can make the perfectly logical argument that a new type will be introduced for Unova's Johto.

Point is, linear reasoning isn't the only way to reason, and you shouldn't make fake statistics.
    Who says that Unova is mirroring Kanto? And I dought there will be a "new Johto." You know what we got after a reboot last time, Sinnoh. So I think the next region will be one that merges the old ideas of pokemon with the new.

The two new types in Gen II were added to balance out the typechart, and mostly to counter the psychic type. Gamefreak has apparently decided the typechart is balanced enough for three more gens after that, and I doubt they'll be making any further changes to it. And how is saying it's been ten years since GF made a new type "making up fake statistics"? It's a fact, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceking View Post
    Who says that Unova is mirroring Kanto? And I dought there will be a "new Johto." You know what we got after a reboot last time, Sinnoh. So I think the next region will be one that merges the old ideas of pokemon with the new.
    Game Freak, that's who. They said they wanted to make it feel like when we first picked up RB.

Then there's the vast amount of Pokemon there that are just call-backs to Kanto Pokemon.

And all you're doing is helping my point that people shouldn't think events will unfold in a linear fashion. I was just giving an example of how any train of thought could be used to justify new types.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    And how is saying it's been ten years since GF made a new type "making up fake statistics"? It's a fact, seriously.
    >_>

The selective attention people have these days. Why not try reading that post again, particularly around the part where they say "The chance of a new type is less then 0"

That is a made up statistic. This fandom loves to say "This event has X% chance of happening" based on qualitative observations. Applying a concrete number you pulled out of thin air doesn't make your statement more true.

Again, if we were going by a linear observation of events, we could say that, in three generations, Game Freak has never re-arranged the Pokedex for a region between games. Three generations is the same amount of time between now and the last time a type was added, so its using the same linear logic. Yet, in Gen IV, that's exactly what happened. The Pokedex was rearranged between DP and Pt. The Johto Pokedex was also re-arranged in the remakes.

To say something isn't going to happen because it hasn't happened for a really long time is ridiculous (imagine if you were concluding that about things like a hurricane or earthquakes). Assuming everyone thinks in a linear fashion to predict events is just applying your ways of thinking onto others, which may not be the case. I was showing an alternate interpretation of how thirteen years could be perceived--and that alternate way of thinking didn't require any mental acrobatics to get to. It was as simple as the train of thought that was used to conclude it wasn't happening.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 28th November 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Game Freak, that's who. They said they wanted to make it feel like when we first picked up RB.

Then there's the vast amount of Pokemon there that are just call-backs to Kanto Pokemon.

And all you're doing is helping my point that people shouldn't think events will unfold in a linear fashion. I was just giving an example of how any train of thought could be used to justify new types.

>_>

The selective attention people have these days. Why not try reading that post again, particularly around the part where they say "The chance of a new type is less then 0"

That is a made up statistic. This fandom loves to say "This event has X% chance of happening" based on qualitative observations. Applying a concrete number you pulled out of thin air doesn't make your statement more true.

Again, if we were going by a linear observation of events, we could say that, in three generations, Game Freak has never re-arranged the Pokedex for a region between games. Three generations is the same amount of time between now and the last time a type was added, so its using the same linear logic. Yet, in Gen IV, that's exactly what happened. The Pokedex was rearranged between DP and Pt. The Johto Pokedex was also re-arranged in the remakes.

To say something isn't going to happen because it hasn't happened for a really long time is ridiculous (imagine if you were concluding that about things like a hurricane or earthquakes). Assuming everyone thinks in a linear fashion to predict events is just applying your ways of thinking onto others, which may not be the case. I was showing an alternate interpretation of how thirteen years could be perceived--and that alternate way of thinking didn't require any mental acrobatics to get to. It was as simple as the train of thought that was used to conclude it wasn't happening.
    Youare goinng WAY to deep dude... the fact is that it's been 13 years since Dark and Steel have been inntroduced. no new type has been introduced since then not in 3 Gens so t's VERY safe tpo say that A new type is never going to happen. So they areanranged the Pokedex in Pt and HG/SS so? the Pt. Dex should've been in D/P anyway... and it makes snese to add the new evo's to HG/SS... a new type s COMPLETLY DIFFERENT
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Here is my stance on things: If something happens once or twice it's ramdom, but after a third time it's a pattern. Ex: Gen 1: First game in pokemon history. Gen 2: Built upon Gen 1's ideas. Gen 3: A reboot, introduced new ideas. can be considered a first. Gen 4Built upon all previous gens. Gen 5: First gen not to include old pokemon in its pioneer games. That's THREE FIRSTS!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Koopa Jr; 28th November 2011 at 08:14 PM.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Hey guys, can we all stop arguing fake statistics and probabilities and get back on topic? This is about what we all want out of Gen VI, not about how likely any of it is of happening. Yes, I know I've been guilty of this too, but we're kind of getting way off course here.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Oh man, I didn't thought posting my want in Generation VI would result like this. >.< Well yeah, it looks like the rumors and hunches were right, that the addition of a Light-type on future Pokemon games is one of the biggest discussions and debates in Pokemon history that has been discussed over the years.

Well, I'm really sorry for this, I'm the one who started this, I just posted here what I want them to add in Generation VI. Well, the reason I wanted this to happen in the first place is not because there is a Dark-type and it should have a counterpart like most pro-Light-types were reasoning out but for the elemental types to finally balance out and for the Ghost-Dark-typed Pokemon to have their weakness, as well as adding some twists to Pokemon battling and having more ideas in creating new Pokemon.

I guess it's time to move on now guys. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Hey guys, can we all stop arguing fake statistics and probabilities and get back on topic? This is about what we all want out of Gen VI, not about how likely any of it is of happening. Yes, I know I've been guilty of this too, but we're kind of getting way off course here.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. Okay I guess you'r right
    Just kidding Anyway I want a Gym that does Triple Battles. I was dissapointed that the Striaton Gym didn't do them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceking View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. Okay I guess you'r right
    Just kidding Anyway I want a Gym that does Triple Battles. I was dissapointed that the Striaton Gym didn't do them.
    That'll probily happen in Grey
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

What I personally would would want most is UI re-design.
    1) Stylus and buttons should be complete equals. NO menus on the top screen. Ever again. And no bottom-screen buttons that can only be tapped by stylus.

2) No double, triple, quadruple, etc. confirmations. Yes, I want to save, and yes, I want to connect WiFi. And No, I don't want C-Gear on by default. Asking me the 2nd time won't make me change my mind. It would just annoy me.
    3) "Move pokemon" should be the 1st option in PSS menu. Also, It would be nice to have some kind of search in storage.

After that, well, standing-bid GTS needs some serious love from the devs. Just some kind of filter to discourage dummy GTS trades and a priority mechanism to show most recent offers first can do a lot of good. It's not much more complicated than nickname filter, and would make GTS trading both a more pleasant experience and less of a server load, since everyone would be making less search requests with pointless alterations like ("male lv 1-10," then "female 1-10," then "female 1-10 from UK... US... Japan.. Germany...") when all they really want to do is to find legit offers among the sea of "Look at me, I've got a shiny!!!!" vanity displays, glitched trades, and other dross.

And... old GB sound effects for 1st gen pokemon re-done.
    Last edited by 3dent; 28th November 2011 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

I mostly want more eeveeloutions. Possibly a Ghost type or a dragon type(but don't make it too easy to evolve). I love having Eevee around as it is one of the most diverse Pokemon out there, so I am more than welcome to new evolutions to make it even more diverse.

More stone evolutions when it comes to pokemon. Especially Fire Stones, as there are only 4 that I know of: Ninetales, Arcanine, Simisear, and Flareon. I would also like more split evolutions. But not so many that it's not interesting anymore.

A fire starter that does not have a Fire/Fighting type combination! 2 times too many (I acutally like Emboar though). I just pray to God that Gamefreak doesn't troll us and make another one.

An elite 4 where Dragon Types aren't used. In Gen V, we had N and Gheteis(I guess they could be considered "champions"), they had Reshiram/Zekrom, and Hydreigon respectively. Dragon Types are a little too repetitive in the Pokemon League. It would be nice to not see a dragon trainer involved. Maybe the levels could also be higher. The Elite 4 in Hoenn had a good set of levels. Steven was one of the hardest champions to fight as well. So, maybe if Game Freak followed that route, it would make much more of a challenge for the Gen VI game.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by 3dent View Post
    What I personally would would want most is UI re-design.
    1) Stylus and buttons should be complete equals. NO menus on the top screen. Ever again. And no bottom-screen buttons that can only be tapped by stylus.
    This is my biggest qualm with Gen V so far -- I really liked the HGSS interface, in that I could use the stylus and/or the buttons, and the menu was always visible if I wished it to be. Obviously it couldn't be implemented in BW because HGSS and BW were developed concurrently, but I want them to bring this back in Gen VI.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

this was slightly touched upon in HeartGold/SoulSilver, yes, but not used but for probably 10 minutes. But why not have large sidequests after the main story (Post E4) where you go back in time (not necessarily with a Pokemon sending you back there) to do something where you learn about the history of either the region, the legends of the region, an evil organization's founding, etc.

For example: You have become the Champion, and have returned home. You exit your house and there is a small team of police officers waiting for you. They are not there because you committed a crime, but instead, they need help from the greatest trainer around (you). They give you the message saying something like this:

"The leader of Team _____ has disappeared after you defeated them at _____. The team spoke of completing some kind of large master plan to take over the world right before they vanished. We captured a grunt, but the only thing he/she knows is that the plan was first thought up when the team first was organized. But then he/she said that only the founding members know anything about it, but the only one still around is the leader who disappeared. We need your help with figuring out this mystery so we can stop the team permanently. We have invented a time machine that will allow a person to go back to the founding of Team ______ and spy on the team's founders to learn more about it. Will you help us? If you choose to, you will have to bring your strongest team of Pokemon possible, as the founders were amongst the strongest trainers in the country at the time, and we cannot guarantee your safety if you are caught. Just come to the main Police HQ in the region at ______ City."

So once you decide to embark on this quest, with your strongest party (of course, you can choose who to bring, but since you will be sent back in time to a point before you had any Pokemon [probably a time before the player was even born], you cannot go to a Pokemon Center to switch). You are given a device to hold on to so you can go back to the future after the quest, then you are put in the time machine and boom you are in the past. You are sent to the same city you were before, but the buildings look like the buildings of 50 years ago. You then see a cutscene of a battle in an alley, so you go check it out. You find four VERY powerful trainers who don't look nice, and they dominated the large battle. These are the trainers who founded the Organization (or at least will in a few days). You are able to infiltrate them by pretending to be a follower of theirs (as they have a large fanbase in their 'world'). So, they let you sit in a few of their meetings. But, as fate would have it, they discover you have a recording device (that the police gave you) with you, so they try to attack you, thinking you aren't a strong trainer. So you are sent into four battles against four very powerful trainers, but you, as the Champion of the future with your most powerful Pokemon, are able to defeat them without too much difficulty. So, they run off, but little do they know, you already recorded all the information needed to figure out what the master plan is. So you get out the device (not the recorder) the police gave you, and you press the button on it and you are sent back to the present day (to the officers, you were gone for 5 seconds, but YOU were in the past for about an hour of gameplay time).

Or at least you thought you had all the information....

(you were unable to save your game when you were in the past, but you can between the two times you go back in time, since you are in the present day) (I count this quest as two different ones that are direct sequels, but literally take place RIGHT after one another)

The police tell you a little while later that there are some details still needed, like WHERE the team is completing the master plan at. But they only need to send you back a few months back (not too long before you attacked the team and "defeated them" before you became the Champion. This time, you go to the team's base where you beat them, but not too long before you got there before) and you are able to disguise yourself and go into the room where all the executives and the boss meet, as they are having a meeting, and you are disguised as an executive. This go around, you don't get caught, but you still sit in the meeting with a recording device. Once the meeting ends, you run off to the entrance, but you run into YOURSELF as you are entering the building to "defeat" the team in the events of the main story. So, you talk to yourself for a second:

You in your disguise says "..."
    You in the past replies "..."

Then you run off to a safe place and return to the present and give the police the recording.

Eventually, the police calls you saying they have discovered the location and what's going to happen, and they ask that you travel there to stop them, which would occur like any event in the main stories' of past games where you stop the evil organization. I don't know what would happen at the place, or what the master plan would even be.

of course, during the main story (pre-E4), you saw the conversation with yourself from the other side (the 'you in the past' point of view), but during the main story, you (the person playing the game) would have NO idea who that was, or why that was even put there

What do you think?

Blog Entries

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but what do guys think will become of Pikaleaf that mascot thing that they were using in japan to promote recycling. Will it be made into a counterpart for the Pikachu evolution line or will it be a new forme for Pichu as well as its evolutions. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Quetsol Melt; 24th December 2012 at 02:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Pikaleaf isn't even owned by GF or Nintendo.