What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 56
Page 56 of 238 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

If they do have the tournament instead of the usual E4, how would they work out who wins the battle, because, if I remember correctly, the Battle Dome's roster (I think that's what you call the chart that shows who goes on to the next round, who got knocked out, etc.) ALWAYS went in the same pattern?

@RazorClaw
    not everyone has access to Wifi, but everyone will be able to do the game's storyline. So, if tournament style battles are Wifi exclusive (against real people from across the globe), some people won't be able to enjoy it.

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I'm guessing they could always do random choice. What would be cool though is if your rival (or rivals) enter the tournament and they're programmed to face you in the final.

Personally, I love IRL tournaments far more than online. The Pokémon Video Game Championships events are absolutely fantastic, but the recent Autumn Wi-Fi Friendly was plagued with people DCing. The Battle Dome was also one of my favourite facilities back in Emerald.

Even if such a feature isn't used to replace the Elite 4 (or add an extra challenge before), I'd like it if there was a location somewhere that accommodates this; like a battle stadium.

The Dragon Master Knight RazorClaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    @RazorClaw
    not everyone has access to Wifi, but everyone will be able to do the game's storyline. So, if tournament style battles are Wifi exclusive (against real people from across the globe), some people won't be able to enjoy it.
    Then Boo woo to them, I don't want to spend another 48 hours doing a stupid tournment style end game event just cause some ppl can't get wifi working.

Blog Entries
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RazorClaw View Post
    Then Boo woo to them, I don't want to spend another 48 hours doing a stupid tournment style end game event just cause some ppl can't get wifi working.
    48 Hours? That's a bit of an exaggeration isn't it? On average, a Pokémon battle would take about 5 minutes in-game (10 minutes tops). If they go with a 16-person tournament (As was the Battle Dome), then to win it you would have to clear 4 matches, which is only about 20-40 minutes worth of play time.

As for actual real life tournaments (which do happen worldwide every year and are currently happening in the United States), the events are only held on a single day. It's a player's choice if they want to travel to them and enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    48 Hours? That's a bit of an exaggeration isn't it? On average, a Pokémon battle would take about 5 minutes in-game (10 minutes tops). If they go with a 16-person tournament (As was the Battle Dome), then to win it you would have to clear 4 matches, which is only about 20-40 minutes worth of play time.

As for actual real life tournaments (which do happen worldwide every year and are currently happening in the United States), the events are only held on a single day. It's a player's choice if they want to travel to them and enter.
    look I hate the tournment ending idea and if ppl are to dumb to figure out wifi then it's their loss of content I don't feel bad for them get a techs help to get on wifi noobs.

Blog Entries

look I hate the tournment ending idea and if ppl are to dumb to figure out wifi then it's their loss of content I don't feel bad for them get a techs help to get on wifi noobs.
    The reason for them not having Wi-Fi may not be because they simply don't have the technical know-how. There could be other factors such as not being able to afford it; especially in this economic time. Besides, we're just talking about an in-game thing like the Battle Dome where there's a tournament structure.

Also, as you said earlier:
    3) This is what I would like to see in Gen 6 if u don't like so be it but please don't flame it cause u think it would take away from other aspects u like
    And please stop calling people 'n00bs'.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

I'd like to see an ice badge called the Freeze Badge in Japan just to troll TPCI again.

Look, you are not the only person in the world, and the world doesn't revolve around you, so don't expect them to do or not do something just because YOU don't like it. YOU should probably stop flaming people

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Look, you are not the only person in the world, and the world doesn't revolve around you, so don't expect them to do or not do something just because YOU don't like it. YOU should probably stop flaming people
    looks like I hit a nerve look I am sorry if ur family can't offord the internet needed to access wifi but to make is so other ppl have to do it just plans sucks cause u can't access a feature sucks ass

looks like I hit a nerve look I am sorry if ur family can't offord the internet needed to access wifi but to make is so other ppl have to do it just plans sucks cause u can't access a feature sucks ass
    I do have Wifi. I never said I didn't, I said other people might not

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    The reason for them not having Wi-Fi may not be because they simply don't have the technical know-how. There could be other factors such as not being able to afford it; especially in this economic time. Besides, we're just talking about an in-game thing like the Battle Dome where there's a tournament structure.
    Of course, you've got people like me, who can afford it, but just don't bother with getting Wi-Fi, as I have a very stable connection now. I'm not much of a online gamer (regardless of game), and I don't bother getting a wireless router just to get access to the GTS or whatnot. It's simply not worth the effort and money, compared to what I have now.

But yeah, I don't think multiplayer should be mandatory in a pokémon game. For me, it's like just ... there. I don't care about it, because there's no other people irl I know playing it.

I would like Game Freak to include the Light-type in Generation VI. I guess it wouldn't do any major effect on the balance of the current types.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by bian View Post
    I would like Game Freak to include the Light-type in Generation VI. I guess it wouldn't do any major effect on the balance of the current types.
    Dark doesn't mean darkness it means fighting dirty. We have Fighting types which covers light types.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Dark doesn't mean darkness it means fighting dirty. We have Fighting types which covers light types.
    Arguably it represents both given the fact that Psychic's weaknesses are based off of common fears (confirmed by Rattled; it would certainly make more sense for the fear to be darkness than someone mugging you), which presumably cause them to lose concentration, and by some Pokemon being the embodiment of darkness, and the nature of some of their moves (particularly the special ones, and perhaps Memento).

Though, you can conclude that the "darkness" part is a fairly small element in comparison to the dirty fighting, which arguably could reflect the dark nature in people's hearts. Of course, as mentioned, that aspect is pretty much covered by other typings like fighting and maybe psychic.

But some Dark-type Pokemon also have the "darkness" theme aside from the dirty fighting/cheating. And although Fighting-types can be considered as "Light-types" due to the fact that Fighting-type moves are super effective to Dark, when it comes to personalities, we can't say the fact that their always fighting for the good. Fighting-type Pokemon, in my opinion only, are Pokemon that knows any kind of martial arts, just like Water-types living on water, and Psychic-types capable of having psychic abilities, so they can also do bad things if they want, even if there's no Trainer that's commanding them. There's also a Fighting-type family that seems to be always angry (the Mankey line), so we can't really say that Fighting and Psychic are "Light-types". It's just like Bug-type moves are strong against Dark-types because they're on the "good side", when it's pretty non-sense at all.

I still hope Game Freak include that though, it would make the Pokemon games more interesting (not the interesting on the Light-type versus Dark-type, it's the interesting on how Game Freak or other Pokemon games will handle the Light-type).
    Last edited by bian; 27th November 2011 at 12:26 AM.