What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 55
Page 55 of 238 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Better story get rid of the elite four thing. How does the league make money if they don't televise battles like they do in the anime?
    Single elimination tournaments but what the point if you only experience your own battles? Simple in a tournament at the all the characters in the tournament are main characters. And before each fight that isn't yours or a final boss you chose a character who is in the fight and you chose a character to control and play as them. For every non main PC fight you win you get a bonus. Make character who relate fight and they have special dialogue before fight each other like certain fighting games.

I know this sounds hella weird for a pokemon discussion but it is what I want.

Maybe there is a fan made game like this.

The Dragon Master Knight RazorClaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    Better story get rid of the elite four thing. How does the league make money if they don't televise battles like they do in the anime?
    Single elimination tournaments but what the point if you only experience your own battles? Simple in a tournament at the all the characters in the tournament are main characters. And before each fight that isn't yours or a final boss you chose a character who is in the fight and you chose a character to control and play as them. For every non main PC fight you win you get a bonus. Make character who relate fight and they have special dialogue before fight each other like certain fighting games.

I know this sounds hella weird for a pokemon discussion but it is what I want.

Maybe there is a fan made game like this.
    go back to ur capcom fighting games that would suck I like it, fyi Anime=different from real world they televise the league stuff cause in the writers mind it's like a sporting event thus on TV so it makes sense to little kids who I mit remind u is the target audience we old folk are just using the game cause of it's replay value

Quote Originally Posted by RazorClaw View Post
    1) u flamed me which is against the rules
    2) I though this was a place where freedom of speech existed, I guess I was wrong
    3) This is what I would like to see in Gen 6 if u don't like so be it but please don't flame it cause u think it would take away from other aspects u like

to help steam these flame post Dream World and the Pokewalker would differ by that dream world is browser based and u need to use it to gain pokemon level experience where as the Pokewalker will use the wats system to gain exp just like the day care system works in the game but u have to walk around in real life to gain the exp.
    That wasn't a flame, that was just my opinion. o_o;

When I talked about the 'new thing' I mean that in Gen VI they'll probably do something that's not Dream World and not PokeWalker, because they've proven that people like it and will do things outside of the game itself. But if they re-used the PokeWalker, a good amount of people who played HG/SS would probably not care because they're already worn out the gimmick that is the PokeWalker. I know when I had HG, I wore out the fun of putting different Pokemon in it pretty fast and got bored and never used it again, as did most of my friends. I don't know a person that used the PokeWalker all the way up until the new games came out, because they were bored with it. For people that never played those two games I could see why they would be interested in it, but people that have would get bored of it much faster and stop using it.

I definitely see them taking advantage of the online aspect of the 3DS though - with its ability to access a browser and such, they could have a 3DS-specific site, designed to be accessed from it, that can somehow access your game cart and that way they can have live updates just like the DW so they can keep it fresh, but it would still be accessible through a mobile platform.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Blog Entries

go back to ur capcom fighting games that would suck I like it,
    Can't tell if joke or it pertains to something else. BTW I don't play fighting game I just know about them and like tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    That wasn't a flame, that was just my opinion. o_o;

When I talked about the 'new thing' I mean that in Gen VI they'll probably do something that's not Dream World and not PokeWalker, because they've proven that people like it and will do things outside of the game itself. But if they re-used the PokeWalker, a good amount of people who played HG/SS would probably not care because they're already worn out the gimmick that is the PokeWalker. I know when I had HG, I wore out the fun of putting different Pokemon in it pretty fast and got bored and never used it again, as did most of my friends. I don't know a person that used the PokeWalker all the way up until the new games came out, because they were bored with it. For people that never played those two games I could see why they would be interested in it, but people that have would get bored of it much faster and stop using it.

I definitely see them taking advantage of the online aspect of the 3DS though - with its ability to access a browser and such, they could have a 3DS-specific site, designed to be accessed from it, that can somehow access your game cart and that way they can have live updates just like the DW so they can keep it fresh, but it would still be accessible through a mobile platform.
    if ur bored that easily with pokemon stuff go get a smart phone and buy apps each month to keep urself enterained, I am not bored of my pokewalker yet cause I want to see it u ca max out the steps taken over time section and it would be NEW cause the the new dex pokemon and the new area that u could get with ur pokewlaker and if u get bored being active wow ur one fat kid.

Can't tell if joke or it pertains to something else. BTW I don't play fighting game I just know about them and like tournaments.
    yea well then don't use the a street fighter avatar or if u like the style like that go out and buy urself the street fighter games and play them and leave pokemon alone I like this way or go and compet in a Wifi battle tournment I heard u win moneys and a event pokemon if u place in 1st.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 26th November 2011 at 05:31 AM.

Blog Entries

@Razor Claw

I like the Idea of tournaments as element for storytelling and it did a lot of good in the anime so it does in fact belong in pokemon especially considering it is a 2 B a master plot. BTW My avatar is a cartoon character.

@Razor Claw

I like the Idea of tournaments as element for storytelling and it did a lot of good in the anime so it does in fact belong in pokemon especially considering it is a 2 B a master plot. BTW My avatar is a cartoon character.
    I hate the tournment idea it adds to much time to get that section of the game done I just want ot do elite four and champion battle open up the poke transfer system transfer all my pokemon to complete my nat dex and then have a trade shop set up done for a gen VI no need to add to the game, it took me 6 days to do gen V completely and I had both so 12 days total and then a full day of poke transfers thus 13 days of work then I start working on my pokemon collection since gen V was the set gam e generation every amazing pokemon collector would use I had to get to it.

Wink Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

I hate the tournment idea it adds to much time to get that section of the game done I just want ot do elite four and champion battle open up the poke transfer system transfer all my pokemon to complete my nat dex and then have a trade shop set up done for a gen VI no need to add to the game, it took me 6 days to do gen V completely and I had both so 12 days total and then a full day of poke transfers thus 13 days of work then I start working on my pokemon collection since gen V was the set gam e generation every amazing pokemon collector would use I had to get to it.
    I like challenging the E4 and the Champion battle, too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    4) N cameo. I don't think he should be a focus, but if my idea for 1) works, they could show us N's travels
    Yes I would love to see Pokemon Trainer N again have it like ur helping him find his true life's meaning and helping him get a new life and show him that his father's beliefs were wrong and that pokemon are better living with humans.

I can't see them taking the E4/Champion out of Gen VI just because it's the signature end of the game, with the most fleshed out characters and a very solid "there, you're done" feeling. But I could definitely see that as a side thing, because even in the anime isn't it that the tournament just allows you to challenge the E4? I remember reading somewhere (since I don't watch the anime) that you could either challenge the tournament to get to the E4, or get all 8 badges. But they could have a tournament be their version of the Subway/Frontier/whatever, and use Wi-Fi so you can battle with 4-8 people in a tournament at once.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

I can't see them taking the E4/Champion out of Gen VI just because it's the signature end of the game, with the most fleshed out characters and a very solid "there, you're done" feeling. But I could definitely see that as a side thing, because even in the anime isn't it that the tournament just allows you to challenge the E4? I remember reading somewhere (since I don't watch the anime) that you could either challenge the tournament to get to the E4, or get all 8 badges. But they could have a tournament be their version of the Subway/Frontier/whatever, and use Wi-Fi so you can battle with 4-8 people in a tournament at once.
    Yea I could see a tournment ending as an option but have most noted NPC's get random scores thus no one NPC 100% of the time in that spot/round to face u so no use walkthrough it.

Quote Originally Posted by Transfinite View Post
    ...no? The dragon Pokemon he was seen with is the dragon Pokemon he befriended in the B/W storyline, isn't it?
    yes it is, the user above u just wants to fantasy about the chance that N could be with another legendary dragon type pokemon for gen VI
    Last edited by Joshawott; 26th November 2011 at 01:16 PM.

Yea I could see a tournment ending as an option but have most noted NPC's get random scores thus no one NPC 100% of the time in that spot/round to face u so no use walkthrough it.
    Yeah, that would be similar to the Subway, where there are hundreds of trainer combinations available except for the final boss, which I'm assuming would be after you fought every single trainer up to being #1, then you fight the previous champion of that tournament.

I think that has a lot of possibility for larger pools of multiplayer tbh.

yea just make it an option for the street fighter, capcom vs, or fighting game fans or fans of DBZ series god thanks to that anime I think buddy there thinks that tournments are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    It's reasonable to want a tournament, tbh. Both the anime and the manga do it, it's only the games that cut it out entirely, so they're in the minority on that one. I for one would like to see how a tournament would play out, especially with the ability to have more than just a few friends play with you. Imagine getting 15 of your friends together and playing against them on a tournament - that sounds like fun to me. :x

It's reasonable to want a tournament, tbh. Both the anime and the manga do it, it's only the games that cut it out entirely, so they're in the minority on that one. I for one would like to see how a tournament would play out, especially with the ability to have more than just a few friends play with you. Imagine getting 15 of your friends together and playing against them on a tournament - that sounds like fun to me. :x
    lawls that already exists in more large scale it's called wifi battle touries, manga nad anime wanted to make it interesting because just E4 and champ would suck for most ppl.

lawls that already exists in more large scale it's called wifi battle touries, manga nad anime wanted to make it interesting because just E4 and champ would suck for most ppl.
    But that way you wouldn't be able to choose the 16 people you would want in a tournament all together in the way you want them, would you? I know there are "tournaments" but they're not just with your friends, that's the point because tbh I like battling my friends but I don't battle online and I'm sure there are others who are the same way and wouldn't like to compete in official tournament but would like the tournament-style play that a battle subway-like area would offer.