What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 51

Page 51 of 238 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Please use another number for the amount of gyms! Having Eight (I'm talking 8 per region) for five generations in a row is getting redundant.... How about 10 gyms? Or 17, one per type of Pokemon, though that would need a LARGE region with maybe even sub-leagues.

I would also like for the league to look more like the anime's, a tournament instead of just an elite 4.
    Like, lets say there are 17 gyms in a VERY LARGE region, have an Eastern-League once you beat all 8 gyms in the eastern half of the region. Then, you can go to the Western-League once you beat all 8 gyms in the Western half of the region. Then, once you beat both tournament-style leagues, you unlock access to the 17th and final gym. Once you beat that very hard (in comparison to the other 16) gym, then you are challenged by the Elite 4, but instead of all of them and a champion being in one remote location, have them at different stadiums across the region, so you have to battle them one by one in front of a large crowd (probably a stadium in the North, South, East, and West). Then you are challenged by the Champion in the largest stadium of all, which is in the center of the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem-Events View Post
    We discussed about it already and it would be replaced by eevee or something like that.
    That said, I'm kinda disguted that this mew thing is the only point you see and so call the idea stupid.
    Mew was important part of the story but i could find another way to introduce him.

Well... that's a FPS, not a RPG.
    + the only thing really changing is the fact you can change character. Time and space was introduced with celebi and then Sinnoh serie. And "multiverse" would simply explain how Red is able to trade with Red.
    This, in order to fight legendary trainers with their dream team in a dark world a little like colosseum. Fighting Red at the end of SS/HG was very welcome by players, what about fighting them all?
    The story wouldn't be that complicated if you play it yourself. Players won't be confused, at least not when they've finished the storyline. At the middle of the game maybe, that's how many RPG stories work.
    It's not Mew , it's the idea. I would really adore I we got a Mew, but please think before you post.
    Mew as a starter? In 13 years of Pokémon we barley got Mew 5 time legally!

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Please use another number for the amount of gyms! Having Eight (I'm talking 8 per region) for five generations in a row is getting redundant.... How about 10 gyms? Or 17, one per type of Pokemon, though that would need a LARGE region with maybe even sub-leagues.

I would also like for the league to look more like the anime's, a tournament instead of just an elite 4.
    Like, lets say there are 17 gyms in a VERY LARGE region, have an Eastern-League once you beat all 8 gyms in the eastern half of the region. Then, you can go to the Western-League once you beat all 8 gyms in the Western half of the region. Then, once you beat both tournament-style leagues, you unlock access to the 17th and final gym. Once you beat that very hard (in comparison to the other 16) gym, then you are challenged by the Elite 4, but instead of all of them and a champion being in one remote location, have them at different stadiums across the region, so you have to battle them one by one in front of a large crowd (probably a stadium in the North, South, East, and West). Then you are challenged by the Champion in the largest stadium of all, which is in the center of the region.
    I WOULD GO CRAZY IT WOULD BE MOST AMAZING POKEMON GAME EVER
    Last edited by eevee_lotion; 14th November 2011 at 04:43 AM.
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Quote Originally Posted by eevee_lotion View Post
    It's not Mew , it's the idea. I would really adore I we got a Mew, but please think before you post.
    Mew as a starter? In 13 years of Pokémon we barley got Mew 5 time legally!
    Yeah you're right about mew... should have though about it before post... So what?
    I'm still keeping my first words. You stopped on that bad "starter mew idea" thing. I don't care about the starter, bad idea -> change. End of discution.
    Or else maybe i don't get it. You're only talking about that mew? Or you're saying all the idea i proposed is stupid?
    I don't care being insulted but at least explain yourself so i can make progress.

Yeah you're right about mew... should have though about it before post... So what?
    I'm still keeping my first words. You stopped on that bad "starter mew idea" thing. I don't care about the starter, bad idea -> change. End of discution.
    Or else maybe i don't get it. You're only talking about that mew? Or you're saying all the idea i proposed is stupid?
    I don't care being insulted but at least explain yourself so i can make progress.
    Only Mew the rest is good
    And please you double posted please delete the second post
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

back for now... returnofmastercrazyhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Facebook
    Visit returnofmastercrazyhand's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    Are you kidding? Platinum was one of the best third versions!

I agree with sonic10158's assertion on difficulty settings. But it could make some people mad. Like, some people could get annoyed that people are taking the easy route and not working as hard for what they get. You know what I mean?
    while platinum was good (i have it myself and I still play it) i just prefer yellow because it made more than story changes,it added GBC support, It used sprites similar to the anime(unlike the red, green,and blue) and it changed stuff in the overworld such as signs and doors
    and it added a new minigame involving the now-popular( and cliched) surfing pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by master crazy hand View Post
    while platinum was good (i have it myself and I still play it) i just prefer yellow because it made more than story changes,it added GBC support, It used sprites similar to the anime(unlike the red, green,and blue) and it changed stuff in the overworld such as signs and doors
    and it added a new minigame involving the now-popular( and cliched) surfing pikachu.
    Want to hear something sad? I still don't know where to go to play that minigame on Yellow...

For Gen VI I hope they bring back weather conditions. It would be so cool to see a thunderstorm with the 3DS's graphics...

back for now... returnofmastercrazyhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Facebook
    Visit returnofmastercrazyhand's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Want to hear something sad? I still don't know where to go to play that minigame on Yellow...

For Gen VI I hope they bring back weather conditions. It would be so cool to see a thunderstorm with the 3DS's graphics...
    they did those in gen 5 just not to the extent of gen 4. yet.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Version Mascots that aren't Dragon Types. Also not too many Legends I mean if they're Legends why make 13 like Black and White and 14 like Diamond and Pearl we should only have about 9-10 let's see the 2 Version Mascots a legendary trio or maybe even a quartet the 3rd Version Legendary and 3 event Legends would be alright so yeah about 9-10.
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 24th December 2012 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eevee_lotion View Post
    Only Mew the rest is good
    And please you double posted please delete the second post
    Sorry, deleted.

In fact, the reason Mew was one of the starters is because it has an important place in the story. But it can be replaced by Eevee and become a special Event.
    I didn’t mention details making it less abused though. You cannot trade until you’ve finished the storyline (50-70H) so starters cannot be farmed easily.
    Still, the "chosen one character" has 1/1000 chance to encounter a wild Mew/Jirachi/Celebi/I dunno witch 5th gen/a 6th gen legend. Which one you can get depends on the area.

During the storyline, at a moment you have to play that character alone. He's helping a scientist team seeking a legend about human born amongst pkm. Scientists think the creation of life on this planet is due to Arceus.
    But also, according to a few researches, humans may be the children of Mew. That's why the scientist team is interested by the legend. It says that every 1000 years, a human with great affinity with any pkm born, created by Mew. When this happens, legendary class pkm gather.
    People witness incredible pkm on Lost Island for a few days; it seems the time has come.
    After they get to the place, the scientist chief betrays everyone and wipes them out with a strong team. He attacks Mew with Umbreon and catch it. A Lugia arises and protects the human baby. A Celebi cast a spell and send Lugia in another time. The Celebi, exhausted, gets also caught by the scientist. (It was supposed to be a young Mew with the baby but let's replace it by an Eevee)
    The hero arrives at that moment, after speaking to injured folks at the camp. The scientist smiles and then speaks to the hero: "it's said that 17 years ago, a Lugia coming from nowhere carried a baby and left him in villagers care. That baby... it's you. Isn't it? The history, the flow of time... I'll master everything and come back for you."
    He uses the power of Celebi and vanishes.

Note: i try to make a story different than usual games with many options i liked in other RPG. Having your own HQ and recruiting folks to upgrade it like Suikoden, this, in order to have all you may need like a berry garden, technology to be able to see EV, mini-games, day-care couple, Dream World, poketransfer from gen 3/4/5 etc...

No point restarting your game: Special pkm (legends, starters etc…) have a respawn time. 1 day to 1 month depending on the pkm. For shadow pkm (special move set), you can travel back in time once per week and choose which guy you want to fight in order to farm his shadow pkm.

Different versions: Here the 2 games are totally different. The first one is on lost island and the other is in Hoenn.
    The character in Hoenn tries to restore natural balance. It’s a hide and seek game, you have to choose your opponent with caution. Finishing both games grants you a snatcher in Hoenn game + time travel if you trade the special legendary. And it allows you to recruit Hoenn characters in Lost Island game (the new character and also Ruby, the final boss of Hoenn game).

Special gift with Lost Island: after you beat the game, you can recruit a scientist studying other universes. It allows you to load any gen 3-4-5 games and you may get special items depending on your trainer card.
    Example: D/P/Pt: 1 star: missing watch application (D/P only) - 2: Secret key (Pt only) – 3: member card – 4: Oak’s letter – 5: Azure Flute

-100% trophies (see the storage game): unlocks a very special place on Lost Island with exclusive hidden abilities.

5 new games
    -Lost Island
    -Hoenn memories
    -3rd generation DS (R/S/E/FR/LG) + bonus games GB (Completing GB games grants you nothing, just for fun. But you can “palpark” in pkm box 3rd gen). You cannot trade BTW your own games on the compilation but it includes pkm Box 3rd gen. You can store up to 1500 pkm and you need 150 pkm in the pokedex to be able to take a pkm with another ID from pkm box. Pkm can be palparked from pkm box to Lost Island.
    3rd gen DS can trade with GBA games, another 3rd gen DS or Distant Land DS. You need DS or DSlite to trade with GBA games (slot 2).
    -Distant Land DS includes Colosseum and XD. Trainer card added to unlock special features (bonus disc, e-cards event)
    There is no wi fi for the compilations. Those 2 games + Lost Island gifts grants you the possibility to fully complete 3rd gen pokedex.
    -A pkm storage on Wii U. Unlimited. + trophy board (like trophies on PS3). You create your boxes like you create a folder on Windows. You can use this game to trade and access PGL.

Approx time to complete Lost Island at 100%: 3000H

I am not that big of a fan of Eevee.
    But, then again I really like some eeveelutions, and was somehow fun collecting them. So, I’d like to see what they would come up with the types not yet used on Eevee:
    • Fighting: Don’t know, maybe something like Lucario, walking on two legs…
    • Flying: Maybe not fluffy bird wings, but something more like Latias-Latios
    • Poison: Something purple like Skunktank, but cute
    • Rock: Some sphinx-like Eevee? Something sleek.
    • Steel: Liquid metal Eevee, like the T-1000 would look cool, I think.
    • Ghost: This is it. The spectral Eevee could be even cooler than Umbreon.
    • Dragon: Leather wings aside, I can’t figure this one out… maybe a green scaly Umbreon. Vaporeon is my least favorite.
    • Ground: Something like Tyranitar? This one is difficult.
    • Bug: Yeah, maybe eevee wouldn’t look good being a bug.
    sonic10158 and eevee_lotion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by purple&blue View Post
    I am not that big of a fan of Eevee.
    But, then again I really like some eeveelutions, and was somehow fun collecting them. So, I’d like to see what they would come up with the types not yet used on Eevee:
    Fighting: i would like it more like Tygnon. So humanoid with a head close to original eevee. His name in french would be simple to find. Eevee in french is Evoli. Eeveelutions finish by LI. So it would be Bruceli.

Flying: i would like more fuffy personnaly.
    Rock: very good idea the sphynx
    Steel: more thinking about armored Eevee
    Ghost: Vampire-like Eevee
    Dragon: Eevee with scales and a sort of natural collar (no wing)
    Poison: +- snake tail, poison in his purple/white fur
    Bug: scyther-like but not humanoid.

Dual-type eevee.
    Conditions: Breed at lv50+, special item needed
    Items are unlocked by the breeding quest. You have to start with Jolteon, flareon and vaporeon. The first time you breed 2 eeveelutions with the special item, you will get a simple eevee but also a special evolution stone.
    You can use it on a eevee or wait to fuse it with another stone.
    A few fused stones can give you access to legendary beast: Entei, Raikou, Suicune+ new elements.
    purple&blue and eevee_lotion like this.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

This is a long shot, but...

What if we could travel to the Orange Islands post-Elite Four? I realize it's pretty late to include the Orange Islands, but I think it'd be a neat extra for older fans.

Items are unlocked by the breeding quest. You have to start with Jolteon, flareon and vaporeon
    I like the idea of being able to enter some Eevee sanctuary, island, or cave; or unlocking the quest to complete the eeveelutions, only if you already have at least the original eeveelutions.

Being forced to have an Eevee and eeveelutions-only party, to enter the only area where you can evolve the Eevees into the new types, or maybe obtain the items to do it. Like, if you want the new eeveelutions you must use the original ones. And you can't change your party while inside the Eevee sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    This is a long shot, but...

What if we could travel to the Orange Islands post-Elite Four? I realize it's pretty late to include the Orange Islands, but I think it'd be a neat extra for older fans.
    I would love to see that happen, that would be longer of a post story than the Sevii Isles were. I can't imagine how the routes would look like, but there are too many Islands for ferries to run between each of them

Copy paste from my game concept for the third version (Pokémon gray):

--

Wish list:
    • CHANGE: Start as an agent for an evil team. Not precisely as a grunt. Gain redemption in the course of the history.
    • CHANGE: Start as a kid, adolescent, adult, or funky old-timer. Some sexiness would be okay if we choose an 18+ avatar. If we are bored and don’t want to start again from scratch we should be able to change, it’s just a game.
    • ADD: A motorbike instead of the bicycle. A skateboard and maybe a jetpack, just for the hell of it, would be nice to use when we are sore and tired to go bareback riding...
    • ADD: If we are agents of evil, riding motorbikes or jet packs, then is natural for biker helmets to have the latest technology to capture Pokémon and to battle against other trainers. For example, a HUD that displays types, moves, strengths, and weaknesses of the Pokémon we are battling. That would be a mean looking but really useful item.
    • CHANGE: Starters different from the traditional water-grass-fire trio.
    • ADD: The freedom to build our own poke center, or gym after we have defeated the champion.
    • ADD: Some continuity to the N and Ghetsis storyline.
    • ADD: The chance to battle every trainer, rival, professor, elite, or champion in past’s games. I want to be able to battle Red, Blue, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, N, Ethan, Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert, Leaf, Kris, Lyra, May, Dawn, Hilda, Professor Oak, Professor Elm, Professor Birch, Professor Rowan, and Professor Juniper, and old leagues members like Lorelei and Agata, and old gym leaders like Giovanni.
    • ADD: The chance to capture every Pokémon in past’s games, even legendaries. I hate events.
    • ADD: Some drama and some romance. Character development. We don´t need to save the world every time, to do the right thing is difficult enough.
    • CHANGE: I see no reason for the hidden properties to stay hidden, example: happiness, beauty, EV…
    • ADD: Downloadable character customizations, new outfits… this way the customization shouldn’t be a big storage space problem.
    • ADD: Chance to save the savegame to an external memory, or send it to your computer or wii or whatever, so we can have multiple savegames. Too hackeable? Too easy to duplicate legendaries? Maybe… but it’s just a game.
    • ADD: Ordering modes and filters for easy access/search of items, berries, hm/tm, key items, phone numbers, Pokémon in the pc… so we would be able to order lists by type, by name…the HGSS is the most ergonomic pokedex I’ve seen, showing views of 5x3 Pokémon, and is the nicest to look at. Don´t remember in which version we can order the items…
    • CHANGE: We shouldn’t need a vs seeker; in fact it should be easier to see when a trainer is in the mood for a battle without a special device, the double exclamation in the bubble would be just OK. Many times in real life we can understand the mood just by looking at people.
    • CHANGE: A game shouldn´t force us to wait days or month for something to happen. The safari zone should be redesigned.
    • CHANGE: We should be able to call any rival, trainer or gym leader and ask for a battle any day, any time. The fighting dojo was OK but not the best, the battle ground was OK but very limited. Too much of a good thing?
    • CHANGE: We need a black flute as effective as a max repel.
    • CHANGE: It gets tiresome fighting so many geodudes and tentacools each time you move. So, we need an optional automatic mode when walking or surfing, you choose the leading Pokémon, the move, and that’s it, every wild Pokémon way weaker than your Pokémon would be automatically fought without entering the battle interface and listening to the battle music. It could get fun you know, as when your Pokémon walking with you, cutely dances because he is happy or founds something: “Gee… you are so awesome my level 77 garchomp, that weak level 3 ratatta was nowhere near close to hurt you, you kicked him out of the forest, look at that little punk fly far away, ha ha,… oops here comes another one, ha ha,…”. It’s not bullying when the little guys come attacking you…
    • ADD: The chance to have a group of A.I. friends we could call for friendly battles, or to go for a double-battle tour around the region. As if Ash calls Dawn and they go together battling every trainer they find in the Hoenn region. I’ve read similar ideas using online services.
    • ADD: The chance to walk with 1, 2, or 3 Pokémon. If we walk with one Pokémon everything is normal. But if we walk with 2 then every battle would be a double battle against wild Pokémon or trainers, and triple battles for when we walk with 3. The setup would be really easy, as 3 on-off icons in the menu, similar to the icon of the running shoes. The icons should look like closed pokeballs when deactivated, and open when activated. We click one icon then we walk with one Pokémon; the first pokeball and we walk with the first (non-fainted) Pokémon in our party; activate the second and third, and walk with the second and third Pokémon in the party, and so on…
    • REMOVE: move deleter and move re-learner. We don’t need to forget a language so we can learn another. It’s ok to keep the 4 main moves for each pokemon, but we should be able to change the moves for others already learned, by ourselves almost at any time, not in the course of a battle. Sometimes I wished a pokemon be able to handle 6 moves instead of 4, but this change would work just fine.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM