What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 38
Page 38 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    They are never going remove gyms from the main games if you hate gyms so much play a side game. Removing Gyms would hurt the game as they play a major part in game-play and in B/W in the story. seriously after V Gens of Gyms there is less then a .00000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of them being removed.

This ... is a wishlist, right? I have given (IMO) good reasons to why gyms should be replaced, whereas the only reason I can see to keep them is simply for tradition.

Also, I don't play side-games. I have played one Mystery Dungeon, it was a nice change of pace, but it was rather forgettable. I'm not going to say that all side-games are bad games (considering I haven't actually played them), it's just that their base concept doesn't appeal to me, which is kinda important in a game.

Post Thanks / Like

They're not going to remove Gym Leaders now, especially since they've FINALLY had the Gym Leaders get out of their gyms and shown them doing something to help with the threat.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want gyms to be removed but the gym leaders should grow a pair and face someone or something in the plot, ans the gyms should have a greater purpose in the games
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Serenity is key
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, I agree. If the gym leaders are some of the most powerful trainers in the region, then why don't they ever stand up for themselves?
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything should be in 3D. Pokemon coming out of your screens so its like you are being attacked while you are battling them. Also realistic pokemon sounds when you encounter them.
    GIANT JIGGLY PUFF ROCKS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

less new legends and event pokemon . Gen I had 5 Gen II had 6 Gen III had 10 Gen IV had 14 (if you count Phione) Gen V has 13 I want 2 to 5 new legends at most.
    Is there anything worse than being all alone in the night?

Yes... being all alone in a crowd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here I am: eight gym badges, champion of the Elite 4, saved the world from *insert evil team here* and caught lots of legends.
    Go to talk to some random person in a town: "Hey, did you know that you can carry up to six Pokémon with you?"

Yes random person, I think I know that by now.

What I'd LOVE to see is people's speeches changing as time passes. Like, the people in the earlier towns would update their "tips and tricks" after you earn more badges. People in your hometown would congratulate you on beating the E4. Make it worth my while to go talk to people after I've beaten the game! D<

Edit: Kind of related, but I'd also like it if gym leaders/etc acknowledge if you take more than one try to beat them. Like, "Oh, here to try again?" "Back for more?" "You just don't give up, do you?" Instead of all the trainers seeming to have amnesia all the time :/

Post Thanks / Like

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by nint3nDoress View Post
    Everything should be in 3D. Pokemon coming out of your screens so its like you are being attacked while you are battling them. Also realistic pokemon sounds when you encounter them.
    No the sprites should stay. Go play a console game for 3D everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nint3nDoress View Post
    That takes away everything that is Pokémon for me... :( If GF ever did that, I think I'd be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's an idea: Potion Conservation.

You: "Whatthefuckisthat?"

Take a Lv. 3 Patrat. It has, oh, 15 HP. Currently, it's down to half it's HP, and you use a Potion. What happens? Patrat is healed by 8 HP, and the Potion is destroyed.

Now let's mass-grind that Patrat, so it's now a Lv. 100 Watchog. It has 25 HP missing, so you use a Hyper Potionon accident. It heals 25 HP, and it's done.

What I'd like is for Potions to record how much HP is left in the Bottle. In the Watchog example, your Hyper Potion can heal up to 175 HP, since it only used up 25 HP. Then, when there's no more healing power in the Potion, it finally breaks, and you have to use a new Potion.

If anyone needs further clarification, let me know.

Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post

Take a Lv. 3 Patrat. It has, oh, 15 HP. Currently, it's down to half it's HP, and you use a Potion. What happens? Patrat is healed by 8 HP, and the Potion is destroyed.

Now let's mass-grind that Patrat, so it's now a Lv. 100 Watchog. It has 25 HP missing, so you use a Hyper Potionon accident. It heals 25 HP, and it's done.

What I'd like is for Potions to record how much HP is left in the Bottle. In the Watchog example, your Hyper Potion can heal up to 175 HP, since it only used up 25 HP. Then, when there's no more healing power in the Potion, it finally breaks, and you have to use a new Potion.

That sounds like an awesome idea! But kinda complicated. :/ Then again, I'm not a big fan of math.

Maybe potions could have "doses"? And more doses the more powerful the potion is. Like, a regular Potion would heal max 20HP, but contain two doses of 10HP each. So if you were down anywhere from 1-10 HP, it would use one dose. 11-20 HP missing would use both doses.

I just think it'd get complicated if you ended up with random numbers like 93HP left, or 2 left.

Would a partially-used potion stack on its own, then? Like, there's a "Potion" item, and a "1/2 Potion" item?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    Maybe potions could have "doses"? And more doses the more powerful the potion is. Like, a regular Potion would heal max 20HP, but contain two doses of 10HP each. So if you were down anywhere from 1-10 HP, it would use one dose. 11-20 HP missing would use both doses.
    Sounds like a plan!

I just think it'd get complicated if you ended up with random numbers like 93HP left, or 2 left.
    True. Didn't think of that.

Would a partially-used potion stack on its own, then? Like, there's a "Potion" item, and a "1/2 Potion" item?
    I figured there would be an option under the "USE" tab that would allow you to check how many Hit Points it can heal (ie. Use a potion on the Lv.3 Patrat, select the "CHECK" tab under the Potion item, and it would say "Remaing Hit Points: 12")

Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth
    I figured there would be an option under the "USE" tab that would allow you to check how many Hit Points it can heal (ie. Use a potion on the Lv.3 Patrat, select the "CHECK" tab under the Potion item, and it would say "Remaing Hit Points: 12")
    Okie dokie, that makes sense! :) I so hope they do something like this in the next gen!

Serenity is key
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post

That is brilliant. I want this so much. It's an amazing idea, and thiey better hurry up with it.

I also would like more characters to have last names. It just gives a feeling of completeness, I suppose.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Post Thanks / Like

To all the sprites/3D models people, perhaps it could be like Paper Mario- 2D sprites in a 3D world. That actually would be interesting(probably has been said before, but it's something that sounds good to me as well. I think eventually they would go full 3D anyways.

Anyways, a main thing I would like is to have a customizable player character.