What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 34

Page 34 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciate View Post
    HMs should be replaced by Key Items. For example, a knive instead of HM Cut.
    This, this, and this. Maybe a hammer instead of Rock Smash, a flashlight for Flash, and... I'm not too sure on Strength and Fly.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciate View Post
    HMs should be replaced by Key Items. For example, a knife instead of HM Cut.
    If your idea is implemented the only real usage of HMs would be Fly, Waterfall and Strength. Certain pokemon may already be able to carry players without the need of Surf. But Surf is a stable as its is one of the best water type moves with great damage, great accuracy, decent amount of PP and is readily available.

I think that would be a bit of a problem for me.
    I think your idea is a good one, but I think Pokemon use too much of that already. They do it in HG/SS, depending on which version you get it depends on whether you can catch Lugia or Ho-Oh (excuse me if I am wrong). I think it would be nice if you could choose your own starter without worrying how it will effect your later game. They do this every single time.

I do agree, however, with you on the regional differences. I would love to see a summerland vs. a winterland. But I would like to see them worry more about the characters and storyline more than Pokemon and designs. I wouldn't mind them stop making Pokemon for a while and make a really awesome game where you can choose your actual destiny, whether it be a life of crime (like if you joined a Team of your desire) or it be the life of a Champion, a breeder or collector. It would be awesome to see what ways people could interact with each other on Wi-Fi if we weren't so similar.
    I live off of love and fresh water.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

"Would you like me to teach you how to catch Pokemon?"
    ">NO"
    "Oh okay"

THAT IS ALL, PLEASE.

Also have your mom serve some purpose like she did in GSC/HGSS, where she could save money for you and then you didn't have to lose EVERYTHING if you hit a difficult boss.

Maybe change up the family situation a little? You could have a mom...AND a dad. Or just a dad. Or maybe you could live with one or both grandparents instead. Or have a sibling.

BRING BACK DOUCHE RIVALS. I LOVE DOUCHE RIVALS. I don't know, whenever I see my rival being a jerk I keep thinking "YEAH WHAT A JERK, I TOTALLY HAVE TO BEAT HIM AND PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE NOW". When my rival's nice I just feel bad for beating them.

Hell, if I see that my rival's the Champion in Gen. 6 I would be so nostalgically happy.
    Kaori and sonic10158 like this.

A douche rival would be great. She probably wouldn't abuse her pokémon, but imply having a pretty harsh training regimen, and, uh, EV trains. If EVs and IVs are made explicit in the games, she could be the one to introduce you to them. She'd do the one-step-ahead thing all the time, use items, appear at the end of dungeons, and of course use TMs and a team that varies depending on her starter.

Since there can be two, now (maybe in addition to the pseudo-rival, the opposite-gender character), it'd still be possible to have a friend going on the journey, though if he is supposed to be your friend, he'd probably not mind losing and treat it as a fun thing. It could go either way from there, hinting that he's becoming disappointed and envious as he continues to lose to you, or he could treat it like most gym leaders and just be enthused by how you won because battles are fun things, not just competition. His team would probably stay the same regardless of starter.

I also want to see a rival that replaces pokémon in every battle - not quite as far as N, not replacing the whole team, but just improving the team after each route. Like, maybe a pidove is caught early, but after the route a stronger flying-type becomes available, that one takes its place. The final team, just before the E5 slog, is composed of some of the strongest pokémon in the region. The rival is probably the one filling the pokédex, too. May or may not be the douche rival (EV training is an investment you don't really make on pokémon you're going to replace, generally) but is probably not an especially nice one. Maybe the character whom you thought would be the pseudo-rival, but they actually seem to go about it like a player of the game might. (Then, if they become the Champion, future games could deal with the canon easily, and name both potential player characters as Champions.) This character can also then appear on the multi battle thing of the game, with a variety of powerful pokémon, also.

Maybe a Wally-esque rival to round it off >>; Not as much focus because he'd be one among many, but certainly unexpected.

Being able to canonically lose certain battles would be great - rivals, gym leaders, E5, etc, though probably wouldn't work for villainous teams in most cases. Even if it's only to change the dialogue a bit on a rematch instead of the story just moving on, and it's acknowledged later, I'd be fine with it.

There are two things I want to see.

1: A Dark-type gym. 5 generations and it's the only type to never have a gym. Pretty much every other type has at at least two gyms dedicated to them.

2: A Fighting/Flying Farfetch'd evolution that is a giant samurai duck.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Make every pokemon available before the national dex.

I want 38 - 40 routes and a minimum of 20 towns/cities. Unova is nice, but it feels so small.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Ash View Post
    I think that would be a bit of a problem for me.
    I think your idea is a good one, but I think Pokemon use too much of that already. They do it in HG/SS, depending on which version you get it depends on whether you can catch Lugia or Ho-Oh (excuse me if I am wrong). I think it would be nice if you could choose your own starter without worrying how it will effect your later game. They do this every single time.
    You can catch Lugia and Ho-oh in both games. I wish they'd bring that back somehow. I doubt it, but it would be so good.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyradox View Post
    You can catch Lugia and Ho-oh in both games. I wish they'd bring that back somehow. I doubt it, but it would be so good.
    Thank you! Honestly, that's one of the reasons I hated Hoenn the first time around. Some people Still don't know it, but in Gen 2 you were able to catch BOTH version mascots in each game! I hated that GF took that away in Gen 3.

I don't want to see a Legendary dragon pokemon or a pseudo-legendary dragon pokemon.

They might have to confine it to an event, but i'd like for us to be able to somehow catch all 3 starter pokemon.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I don't mind having HM's, but LET ME OVERRIDE THEM WITHOUT ME HAVING TO SEE SOME MOVE DELETER!!!!!!

I would also love to start out in a big city instead of a tiny tiny town like always

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I don't mind having HM's, but LET ME OVERRIDE THEM WITHOUT ME HAVING TO SEE SOME MOVE DELETER!!!!!!
    Amen to that! Also I would love the bottom screen to by just like HG/SS. That was the best game control wise. The story should be universal to all aspects of the game like Black and White. They should make hybrid of all good things about past games.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I did like the touchscreen in HG/SS. I don't think I ever used the A or B buttons.

I'd like them to not capitalise anything in-game. Getting rid of the capitalised Pokémon names was great, but it still annoys me when I look at the touchscreen and see OPTIONS and BAG.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceking18 View Post
    Amen to that! Also I would love the bottom screen to by just like HG/SS. That was the best game control wise. The story should be universal to all aspects of the game like Black and White. They should make hybrid of all good things about past games.
    the hybrid would make a good 20th anniversary game *looks at Sonic Generations*
    Setra likes this.

Blog Entries

I would like to be able to do the following 2 things myself: rename my Pokemon and delete my Pokemon`s (HM) moves.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM