What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 33

Page 33 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Raijuu View Post
    But Golurk is based on mechs. They fly! Garchomp is a shark.
    Which doesn't explain why it should learn it by naturally at all, when there's birds that don't learn it. I'd say that birds kinda fly a bit more natural than a suit of armor. There's a bunch of other pokémon that fly that can't learn Fly (bug usually), if a Pidgey can carry you around, Butterfree can't? Fly is seriously broken when it comes to logic.

Or generally just drop HMs altogether. They are by far a outdated game mechanic that doesn't really add to the gameplay. At the very least phasing them out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Which doesn't explain why it should learn it by naturally at all, when there's birds that don't learn it. I'd say that birds kinda fly a bit more natural than a suit of armor. There's a bunch of other pokémon that fly that can't learn Fly (bug usually), if a Pidgey can carry you around, Butterfree can't? Fly is seriously broken when it comes to logic.

Or generally just drop HMs altogether. They are by far a outdated game mechanic that doesn't really add to the gameplay. At the very least phasing them out.
    Fly is broken. But it dont learn it naturally. Only few pokemon learns it, actually.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Raijuu View Post
    Fly is broken. But it dont learn it naturally. Only few pokemon learns it, actually.
    Well, I was arguing why it shouldn't learn it naturally (either that, or have pretty much everything that flies learn Fly naturally, I prefer the first), not that it shouldn't learn it at all (though I'm not a fan of that either, but I wouldn't put Fly on it anyways, so I don't really care)

I always figured the HMs were amplifications of the normal powers of the Pokémon, which would explain how small birds can carry you around using Fly and all that.
    Georgie Pie likes this.

Thanks to Demotei of the SPPf for the perfect sprite~

Behind you, with a knife. (When you looked I hid behind your desk.)

I have way to much to post, but I always wanted a Dragon/Flying Gym Leader to be called "Aires"
    FROM JAYLEBYRD
    GROUND TYPE MASTER

Names: London, Paris, Tokyo
    Pokemon: Definitely more Ghost/Psychic types
    Consoles: 3DS/Wii U
    Other: More customization of your character, downloadable whatever-they'r-going-to-call-it-this-time themes (the 'poketech').

leave a dream where the fallout lies
    watch it grow where the tearstain dries
    to keep you safe tonight

I am looking forward to the day that they make a game with every single region, every single rival, and every single Pokemon. That is going to be wild.
    But until then...

I would like to see darker storylines and definitely more evil rivals and villains. A Team that makes more sense.
    I would like to be able to choose which side I would like to be on, such as a team or a hero. I would also like to be able to FREELY answer NO if I want to, without them saying, "Excuse me, I didn't hear that... Tell me one more time." Repetitively.

I want more of a road to travel.
    I live off of love and fresh water.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Ash View Post
    I am looking forward to the day that they make a game with every single region, every single rival, and every single Pokemon. That is going to be wild.
    But until then...

I would like to see darker storylines and definitely more evil rivals and villains. A Team that makes more sense.
    I would like to be able to choose which side I would like to be on, such as a team or a hero. I would also like to be able to FREELY answer NO if I want to, without them saying, "Excuse me, I didn't hear that... Tell me one more time." Repetitively.

A Pokemon RPG with all the regions will probably be a console game, I believe

Blog Entries

Yet Salamence can learn Fly naturally at level 50. Why? Because it always wanted to Fly. Yeah, says it in the 'Dex.

I know, I know. Logic and Pokemon games don't really get along but come on now! You're going to do this for a dragon and not a robot? Why shaft my 'bot?!

(I can't help it. Cruising along the skies of Unova on a freaking robot is awesome. I do love my Golurk.)
    Or reduce the number to only three or so. I do use Fly and Surf but not really any of the others. So why do I carry around these somewhat useless machines anyway? All they do is take up space in my bag and teach my Pokemon cruddy moves that I don't really want them to have.

As for Gen 6: Could we maybe have a mascot legendary that isn't a Dragon? Please? It's not that I don't like Dragons, I just think they've kinda been done to death here. Some variety would really rock.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FireMeowth View Post
    I always figured the HMs were amplifications of the normal powers of the Pokémon, which would explain how small birds can carry you around using Fly and all that.
    Which is odd, because you'd think that a Machamp would be perfectly able to move a boulder without the need for a special move. Or that your Lapras needs Surf to carry you over water.

Even being generous and applying pokémon logic, that does not make any sense. Which is why I think HMs should be axed. Some other alternative to fast movement needs to be implemented, but I'm sure that could have been solved in a better way to begin with anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Yet Salamence can learn Fly naturally at level 50. Why? Because it always wanted to Fly. Yeah, says it in the 'Dex.

I know, I know. Logic and Pokemon games don't really get along but come on now! You're going to do this for a dragon and not a robot? Why shaft my 'bot?!

(I can't help it. Cruising along the skies of Unova on a freaking robot is awesome. I do love my Golurk.)
    Once again, there's a lot of actually pokémon that fly that doesn't learn Fly, so I don't honestly see any reason for Golurk to learn it naturally, not even by a HM.

Or reduce the number to only three or so. I do use Fly and Surf but not really any of the others. So why do I carry around these somewhat useless machines anyway? All they do is take up space in my bag and teach my Pokemon cruddy moves that I don't really want them to have.
    I think they should have innate abilities if anything, though that would be more difficult to implement in the gameplay. At the moment, I feel too forced into using either a HM slave, or having to implement moves that take up a valuable move-slot just to get past one obstacle. That's not strategy, that's just annoying. Quite honestly, HMs serve only as an annoyance when it comes to gameplay, or at least as far as I'm concerned.

I think we should re-implement bag-space restrictions. Now this would be wildly unpopular I think, but sometimes I do think it's better for the game to actually think about what items you want to be carrying at all times. While certainly practical for the players, it also makes the games easier, and it's not like the games need that even further.

If you add longer, more challenging routes and bag-space restrictions, you would perhaps be forced to actually think over what you want to bring on this trip, unlike the current situation.

Also, I would like to have the poison effect back. Why they even removed this is beyond me, did it make the game harder (not that gen IV did anything better, why can't it faint anymore? That's just stupid)? If they do bring it back, I think it should also affect burn as well, though maybe at a slower pace?

Another thing that I want is a transfer method between gen V and gen VI that's not something gimmicky. While it was improved in gen V (the ability to transfer 6 pokémon per game is just stupid, which is one reason to why I hated the Pal Park), it's still a stupid mini-game that serves no function whatsoever. Why even have a score? Does it matter? Just let me transfer my pokémon without problem, the only difference is that it takes longer time and ends up annoying me, the player. When transferring large amounts of pokémon, it gets tedious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Ash View Post
    But until then...

You're telling the truth. I'd make you a cookie but I'd eat it.

I need more ninja-like pokemon.

Blog Entries

I think it'd be fun to have the legendary somehow be related to your starter... Like if you choose the Fire starter, you can catch the Fire legendary later, and so on. I think it'd be kind of cool to have that simple choice you make at the beginning of the game have a larger effect on the 'mons/story/etc. later on.

And make more version-exclusive stuff. I always like to buy both versions, but sometimes it isn't even worth it when there are very few exclusive 'mons, and almost no exclusive legendaries. Black and White did a good job with this, but I'd like to see even more variance between the games. Perhaps tweak the entire region, one more temperate, the other almost arctic? Same landmass, different weather/areas/'mons. The warmer game would have a beach resort, the colder one a ski resort. More Ice and Water 'mons in one game, more Grass and Fire in the other. Stuff like that. GF seems to want to emphasize trading/connectivity/buying both games lately, what with White/Black Forest/City and Landorous and his kin.

Excuse my ramble, I know it's a half-baked kind of idea.

Another thing that I want is a transfer method between gen V and gen VI that's not something gimmicky. While it was improved in gen V (the ability to transfer 6 pokémon per game is just stupid, which is one reason to why I hated the Pal Park), it's still a stupid mini-game that serves no function whatsoever. Why even have a score? Does it matter? Just let me transfer my pokémon without problem, the only difference is that it takes longer time and ends up annoying me, the player. When transferring large amounts of pokémon, it gets tedious.
    Couldn't agree more, and I think they should use that space to make something useful
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

HMs should be replaced by Key Items. For example, a knife instead of HM Cut.
    Last edited by Noctis; 4th October 2011 at 03:22 AM.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

I'd definitely like to see an in game event, like Red Gyrados, where you got the opportunity to catch some Shiny Pokemon.

And yeah lets change the HM system. At this point most of them you'll use maybe once or twice and then never again. There's no reason a Lapras can't have me ride on its back, on a lake unless it knows Surf!

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM