Page 25 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Serperior rules us all Catilena1890's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Catilena1890 On Twitter
    Visit Catilena1890's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Honestly, all I would really like in G6 is a UNIQUE fire-type combination. I mean seriously, ENOUGH with the fire/fighting types! Blaziken was BA with this combo, I was content with Infernape, but Emboar just makes it overused.

I would also like to see a diversion from the normal starter choices, like what was speculated about G4. You now, with the rumor that the starters would be of the Fighting/Dark/Psychic types? That would be cool ^^ Like what about a Flying/Fighting/Rock selection? Or the ability to start with a dragon type <.< >.>

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catilena1890 View Post
    Honestly, all I would really like in G6 is a UNIQUE fire-type combination. I mean seriously, ENOUGH with the fire/fighting types! Blaziken was BA with this combo, I was content with Infernape, but Emboar just makes it overused.
    Chandelure says hi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LoL, I <3 Chandelure and its evo line but what I meant was Unique fire-type STARTER. There are plenty of unique fire type combos. Reshiram returns the greeting ^^

Serenity is key
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Larvesta says Hi too. Perhaps a Fire/Rock starter with influence from volcanoes?
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would also like to see a diversion from the normal starter choices, like what was speculated about G4. You now, with the rumor that the starters would be of the Fighting/Dark/Psychic types? That would be cool ^^ Like what about a Flying/Fighting/Rock selection? Or the ability to start with a dragon type <.< >.>
    I personally don't think that changing the starter types would be good. Grass/Fire/Water is a pretty good combination, especially since they are some of the very basic elements in almost every game/anime/show/movie that has elements, and thus, depict the basic start of the journey, with a basic Pokémon of a basic element.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Volcarona is looking for Larvesta XD

Okay, I think that's enough pokepuns, lol. One of my friends and I are hoping for a Fire/Water or Fire/Ice type. Before you attack me for those combos, let me point out Girafarig *a Normal/Psychic type* Meloetta Aria Form *another Normal/Psychic* Deerling and Sawsbuck *Normal/Grass*. Need I go on?

@Kyuu I guess you're right. I`ve been so used to the fire/water/grass combo, I'd feel sad if they made a new triwheel. I dunno what I was thinking XD

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pyradox View Post
    Larvesta says Hi too. Perhaps a Fire/Rock starter with influence from volcanoes?
    Fire/Rock is a terrible typing--4x weakness to Water and Ground make the combination weak to everything and everything's mother in competitive play.

Fire/Ground is actually a good type combination, I believe, but only a camel has it...
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Serenity is key
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post
    Fire/Rock is a terrible typing--4x weakness to Water and Ground make the combination weak to everything and everything's mother in competitive play.

Fire/Ground is actually a good type combination, I believe, but only a camel has it...
    Fire/Ground is really good, but I suppose anything but that overused, cliche, positively annoying Fire/Fighting starter.

Volcarona is looking for Larvesta XD

One of my friends and I are hoping for a Fire/Water or Fire/Ice type. Before you attack me for those combos, let me point out Girafarig *a Normal/Psychic type* Meloetta Aria Form *another Normal/Psychic* Deerling and Sawsbuck *Normal/Grass*. Need I go on?
    Fire/Ice... that hadn't occurred to me. If it has half-decent stats, I'll use it. I like Fire, I like Ice... I just hope they're put together at some stage.
    Last edited by Pyradox; 24th September 2011 at 07:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I feel kinda bad for Emboar. Veteran players have almost unanimously criticised the big lug for his typing because of his predecessors, but let's be honest. He's a solid starter.

But, like everyone else, I would like to see a more unique fire-type. My main concern is actually with species and such. We've had a fire reptile, mammal, bird, mammal, and another mammal. I'd like to maybe see a Fire-ground Salamander.

Like I said before, I want a Grass-type that is NOT A REPTILE. All of our grass-types have been cold-blooded so far, and as much as I like them all, I want something new. I think we've all been keen on a flying Grass starter, and I'd love that!

Lastly, I really want either an actual fish or, better yet, a dolphin/whale. The psychic dolphin that's been prayed about for years would definitely be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Pyradox I can imagine a pokemon like that would be BA in Special Attack, since that is what most ice and fire types are known for.

@Oz37 I hate emboar for more reasons than it's typing that I don't feel like sharing. 'Twould turn this into a tepig line debate.

I actually like the reptile grass starters. Reptiles are the theme since plants and reptiles alike depend on the sun, though for different reasons.

And dude, psychic dolphin, yes. It would be our luck if it became an event that is about as easy to obtain legally as mew.

Serenity is key
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Oz37 I'm no veteran, but I only chose Tepig in Black for two reasons: a) I like Fire and b) I didn't know what it would turn into. But I shall not whine about Emboar here, because this thread pertains to Gen 6.

Also, reptile Grass starters are nice. They're pretty good (even though the only one I've had is Bulbasaur) and they make sense with the theme. But a change would be interesting, even though I have no ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like you two, I don't want to derail, but all I meant was that Tepig and co. probably would've been much less criticized had his predecessors not been the same types. Or maybe not.

As far as the grass-types, I love them all thus far, and the reptile theme does make sense. I would just like to see something new and different. I've seen several fakemons that were based on birds of paradise with grass plumage and such. I dunno, just seemed like a fresh idea.

Something else that occurred to me: I want a proper armadillo. I'd like one in any sense, but what about as a starter? Maybe begins as an opossum, gains some shielding in the middle, then it's a full-fledged armadillo! Maybe... Fire/Steel? Again, just a little fantasy thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nytie View Post
    Um... does that mean you agree or disagree?
    i disagree.
    That's a very nice post you have there...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by League View Post

Fire/Rock is actuslly somewhat decent as it has 6 resistances however the only Pokemon to have the type is absolutly the worst fire pokemon ever... but I guess they delibertly made Magcargo suck....
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I never liked Magcargo, it looks weird.

Hmm, I would also like to see Legendary mascots that AREN'T part dragon. For one, aside from arceus with the Draco Plate, there is no PURE dragon type legendary. Second, I`m kinda sick of all the dragon deities. Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, while awesome pokemon, pretty much KO each other with none having the upper hand *though Dialga does have a slight advantage over the others, as it is NOT weak to dragons*. I kinda miss Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon and Kyogre in that aspect.

What if we had like a trio of games where the mascots who are legendaries of the Grass, water and Fire types. Think about it, you finish as you began.
    Last edited by Catilena1890; 25th September 2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Made a booboo, it fixed.