What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 237

Page 237 of 238 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by make_it_worse View Post
    i just thought about this idea.. btw, it's a faster way to escape from wild pokemon... it lets you also send or not send your pokemon you want to use for the battle... (from gen I, we're obbligated to use the first pokemon of the party..) ok, here's the gig... first , see this image

you meet a wild pokemon, the system lets you run or send a pokemon (you want to choose). but you must launch the "pokeball" using the stylus (it's like launching a pokeball in real life...)

so discuss, what do you think of this idea, is it too complicated or???
    I think that would be cool, but without the run option. Currently, the run equation is based off of your pokemon in battle, so that wouldn't work.
    davi and Gnomowladny like this.

Blog Entries

They could just base the run equation off the first Pokemon in your party. That way you could put a fast Pokemon out front but keep it out of battles if you were, say, focusing on another Pokemon's experience while EV training it.

Rather than "launching", though, it'd be better to set it up so you just select the Pokemon you want with a tap, like you do when switching (so there'd be a "send out/summary/check moves" screen too).

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Honestly that would be more trouble than it'd save. I don't think the trainer throwing out a pokemon is wasting a whole lot of time. I just don't pay attention for about a second or two and my pokemon's already there. And I really don't see them getting rid of the whole sending out the first thing in your party. It's just one extra little element of strategy to pay attention to what's leading your party. And with certain abilities working in the field dependent upon the pokemon you have first, I don't think they'll change things up.

Follow Meophist On Twitter

i just thought about this idea.. btw, it's a faster way to escape from wild pokemon... it lets you also send or not send your pokemon you want to use for the battle... (from gen I, we're obbligated to use the first pokemon of the party..) ok, here's the gig... first , see this image

you meet a wild pokemon, the system lets you run or send a pokemon (you want to choose). but you must launch the "pokeball" using the stylus (it's like launching a pokeball in real life...)

I think I had a similar idea, but with some minor changes:
    There will be a slot at the top where you have to drag the Pokémon, and the Pokémon itself will be displayed rather than a Pokéball.

The first part is primarily to accommodate for Double, Triple, and Rotation battles. It'll let you have different starting setups depending on what kind of battle it is(you might want to send out different Pokémon for Doubles as opposed for Singles), and it'll be easier to tell what slot has what purpose in Triple and Rotation battles(whereas I kept on forgetting whether the first Pokémon on the list was on the left or the main Pokémon in the center).

It's probably already mentioned somewhere, but while I don't seriously expect it, if XY has the ability to make your Trainer character a southpaw, that would be totally epic.
    Kwame120 and UnovaCastaway like this.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

He's Amphabulous! Bayushiyojiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    It's probably already mentioned somewhere, but while I don't seriously expect it, if XY has the ability to make your Trainer character a southpaw, that would be totally epic.
    would be a neat little section in customization.

on the 'send out or run' scenario... its only a LONG drawn out thing if your poke has an ability that activates automatically (intimidate/drought/crizzle) or the mon is shiny.. or both. otherwise its kinda.. meh. as long as they animations arent as freaking slow as in some generations.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

all gens have their purpose and place (except hoenn, screw hoenn)

I was going to say "no RNG abuse", but then Poke Transporter arrived... :(
    YamiiDenryuu and The_Doctor like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porygom View Post

I think that would be cool, but without the run option. Currently, the run equation is based off of your pokemon in battle, so that wouldn't work.
    I thought of it too, but why dont we calculate the chance of flee using the number of badge you have,?

Quote Originally Posted by Porygom View Post

I personally like to grind quite a bit before the first badge. I could have a level 19 Pokemon, but the flee rate would be the same as if I had all level 1 pokemon.

I thought of it too, but why dont we calculate the chance of flee using the number of badge you have,?

For pokemon who have the ability of Keen Eye to never miss no matter what move they use!
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    For pokemon who have the ability of Keen Eye to never miss no matter what move they use!
    that may be a LITTLE over the top. because it is a better version of both no-guard(no drawback like this one has) and compoundeyes(30% is good but its not 'always hit').
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Blog Entries

i want the game to be challenging. no lucky eggs handed to you so easily, no nurses everywhere, hard mode available from the begining, balanced teams for every gym leader and elite four member rather than a compilation of whatever type they "master"

i would like to see more interesting/challenging gym leader and e4 battles. with our current collection of available pokemon.. you can make an interesting team of every type imaginable.

Blog Entries

I want the Pokedex to have a function that says the Pokemon's name, or at least gives the pronunciation in word form, so we won't have to wait until the Pokemon appears in the anime to learn how it's pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    I want the Pokedex to have a function that says the Pokemon's name, or at least gives the pronunciation in word form, so we won't have to wait until the Pokemon appears in the anime to learn how it's pronounced.
    Or have the anime screw it up.

Like Totodile. It's supposed to be Tot-O-Dile, for the pun. Not Dorothy's Dog-O-Dile. But the anime kind of killed that joke for good.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM