What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 22

Page 22 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

I want that goddamn psychic dolphin that was rumored to be in Gen V. Gimme Professor Flipper!

Also, I think we really need a dark gym leader. Really, really need one.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

Sure, it's Gothic Lolita; but its getting closer. Unfortunately, goths have got this stereotype as devil worshippers and all that crazy jazz Pokémon trainers used to be accused of being.
    I think a better example to make that point moot is this:

Hex Maniac (Trainer class) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Windywords123 View Post
    -a land-locked continent, just because we haven't had one before. Although I do like the diving features and oceanic pokemon...
    Doesn't Orre count (I know, not main game)
    3DS Friend Code: 0817-3796-4662
    Friend Safari: Fighting-Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Some decent evolutions for one-stage 'Mons that desperately need them. *coughcoughDunsparceandFarfetch'dcough*

And maybe some kind of contunuity with the other games, like Gen II had with Gen I. Sooner or later, we're going to be overrun with evil Pokemon-snatching teams. I, personally, wouldn't mind seeing the return of Teams Magma and Aqua.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    I want that goddamn psychic dolphin that was rumored to be in Gen V.
    Definitely. Sounds awesome, and I've been hoping for a dolphin for a long time.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Also, things that I DON'T want:

-Light type, wtf.
    -Triple and rotation battles. I really didn't like the layout of these at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Oz37 View Post
    I guess what I mean is that I see the Trainer as much of a solid character as, say, Link from Zelda. You never get a ton of background on Link, but he is a well defined character. I would prefer the Trainer to be well defined, too.
    Yeah. Can't really compare too much here (was never much into the Zelda games anyways), but the PC in pokémon is just too bland. Customization won't change that.

Still, I wouldn't start hating on the games if customization were implemented. I'm just kinda scared, I guess. Every game I've played that you could really customize the main character disappointed me because the graphic design of the character was lower quality than other in-game avatars, as a perfectionist I could never be satisfied, and because the characterization was so open, my main character felt useless to the storyline.
    Well, there's a bunch of different aspects. Even with customization, some background is usually added (like, Dragon Age Origins) whereas some have pretty good customization, yet the character is well defined (Mass Effect, Dragon Age 2) or simply have nothing at all. I don't see how customizing Shepard in Mass Effect really diminish his/her character in any way (and I really you can say anything bad about the graphic quality in these cases, if you do then I'm afraid you focus too much on graphics...(or it could be that you haven't played those games of course, I don't know)).

But getting back to pokémon, I think character customization could easily be like Dragon Quest IX. Not too hard to implement, and you make your character more unique. I certainly don't feel useless to the storyline if I have designed my character, but I guess this can vary from person to person, and there is no single way to feel about it.

Blog Entries

One thingI want.... The Eggs looking like they do in the anime!I'm sick of the generic looking egg design. They had differtn eggss in the G/S manual and I understand why they didn't impliment them but since VI will be on the 3DS and will have a lot of memory they have no exuse
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Gym leader rematches.

Those were what made the remakes of Gold and Silver so special.
    Heart Gold FC: 4769 9965 5972

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Yeah. Can't really compare too much here (was never much into the Zelda games anyways), but the PC in pokémon is just too bland. Customization won't change that.
    I agree. That's why I vote for more firm details about the PC instead of complete customization.

But getting back to pokémon, I think character customization could easily be like Dragon Quest IX. Not too hard to implement, and you make your character more unique. I certainly don't feel useless to the storyline if I have designed my character, but I guess this can vary from person to person, and there is no single way to feel about it.
    For starters, I haven't played Dragon Quest, so it may be the one that would convince me otherwise. Also, I only mean that in my experience, a customized character, by nature of having huge amounts of freedom, is difficult to cohesively fit into the plot. However, I do concede that, as it stands, customizing the character couldn't really detract much from the already lacking story involvement. So, in other words, I'll just have to trust in the Pokemon franchise if they go for making characters more unique.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    Gym leader rematches.

Those were what made the remakes of Gold and Silver so special.
    Rermatches are exlusive to the 3rd Versions and remakes... but never for the duel games
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

A search option in the PC. It's a pain trekking through 21 boxes just to find that Ampharos.

Earth. One of the continents, to be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    One thingI want.... The Eggs looking like they do in the anime!I'm sick of the generic looking egg design. They had differtn eggss in the G/S manual and I understand why they didn't impliment them but since VI will be on the 3DS and will have a lot of memory they have no exuse
    I'd love less generic eggs as well. Sure, it might give away what it is, but generally you know what's in the egg anyways, because either you hatched it or it's possible to just go online or look at a guide and see what the random NPC gave you, to see if you want to spend all that time hatching it.

I also agree with Pyradox about a search option for the PC. I organize my boxes by type, but it's still hard to find what I want.
    Stupidity killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.

"When I get a little money, I buy books, and, if there is any left, I buy food and clothes." -Erasmus

Aziraphale patted Crowley on the back. "We seem to have survived," he said. "Just imagine how terrible it might have been if we'd been at all competent." -Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman Good Omens

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

There's 649 Pokémon, and it may be difficult to create different egg designs for all of them (even the legendaries in case of an event or something). I suppose the anime was able to do it, but they haven't shown every kind of egg. One possibility is that there'd be different egg designs according to the primary type; eg Fire types have red and orange eggs, Grass types have different shades of green.

I think they don't want to do that because of the surprise they want of hatching an egg, because if that were to happen it would kinda ruin the point of the egg swap thingy you can do. I personally would like to see a really tough gym lyder puzzle, ok I know it is for kids but older people play to throw us a bone haha. I kind of would like duel type grass and water starters because each of them have only had a duel type twice. Maybe an in game ecplaination about evs and ivs, it would be really cool if there was a guy that could tell you the exact ivs of a pokemon as well has how many ev points it has and in what category to keep track.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM