What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 213
Page 213 of 238 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3563

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyubey View Post
    I want a fast food joint, and Scyther to learn Fly.
    A fast food joint? Maybe, if you were to feed your Pokemon fast food, they would gain a level, but their stats would lower.

Fry: A cheap, unhealthy snack. Levels up your Pokemon by 1 level, but lowers all stats by (insert reasonable number here).
    Burger: A cheap, unhealthy snack. Levels up your Pokemon by 2 levels, but lowers all stats by (unreasonable number here).
    Aco-Alo Can: A cheap, unhealthy drink. Makes your Pokemon invincible for 1 turn, but at the cost of a fifth of your Pokemon's HP.
    Ketchup: A popular condiment, usually found in human food. Maxes out the Pokemon's Happiness, but lowers stats. (this one was for Pikachu)

MENU:
    Cheeseburger
    Cheerful Meal: Includes a MooMoo Milk, 1 Burger, and a PokeDoll.

NOTE: A pack of 10 fries and Ketchup comes with each purchase.

Drink Dispenser:
    Aco-Alo Can
    Sodapop
    Lemonade
    Berry Juice
    Aprijuice (it's gotta return somehow, right?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lowering stats while raising level makes no sense, so I assume you're referring to lowering EVs.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Bellossom View Post
    Come to think of it, either ditching the annoying rustling grass mechanic or making sure that Pokémon found in rustling grass are different on each route. In other words: Audino being found everywhere is flat-out obnoxious
    Rustling grass needs to be repurposed or flat out removed, it's not really a useful mechanic when combined with Double Grass, and the latter is much more useful. Neither of them were really used to their potential, though, as all they really did was stuff designated "rare" Pokemon into the Shaking Spot, and fill the rest with evolved forms of Pokemon. The Double Grass rosters were almost always exactly the same as the normal Tall Grass rosters with the only difference being increased levels and the occasional evolved form, and Shaking Spots typically spammed the same Pokemon in their rosters while relying on some of the "rarer" evolutions (some of which probably shouldn't even be catchable) to make the rosters feel "unique". It's all very redundant and pointless.

Double Grass first and foremost needs to be used in more clever ways. One of the most useful ways that comes to mind is for different distribution for when you reach a new section of an area you've visited before (examples: Rt. 1 in BW1 and Rt. 20 in BW2). Not just using it for evolved forms of Pokemon you've seen before on that route, but new species entirely that you wouldn't have been able to get before because they were too strong to be there.

There's another way I can think of which they've never utilized which I'd like to see them do, which is to have environment based rosters. Based on the type of environment the Double Grass is located in, you may find Pokemon that would not have fit the typical environment of the route. For example, let's look at Kanto Rt. 10. For the most part, the route is full of very rocky, mountainous terrain, so you'd expect the Pokemon to fit that theme (so you might find stuff like Mankey, Geodude, Machop, Rhyhorn, etc.). But by using Surf, you can also reach a hidden part of Rt. 10 which contains the Power Plant. So what I'm saying is that they could put Double Grass near the Power Plant and fill it with Pokemon that you'd expect to see living near a Power Plant, such as Voltorb, Magnemite, and Electabuzz). It would add a lot more depth to the distribution and add more exploration to the game if looking for the Double Grass in the area rewarded you with unique Pokemon you couldn't find otherwise.

Shaking Spots, I think, would be redundant then, there's not enough "rare" Pokemon to justify having entirely new rosters devoted to them, and those rarer evolutions can either be added to the Double Grass rosters or just removed from wild Pokemon rosters entirely. We don't even really need them in other environments either, multiple floors for caves and fishing/diving for water routes serve the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyGaga View Post
    People want their easy exp, mang.

I don't think we'll have Audino everywhere in X&Y though. I really hope we have a replacement though, since I found it dull as rocks to grind without Audino in B/W thanks to the reduced EXP you get when your mons are higher levels.
    Or they could just fix the EXP system so that you don't need Pokemon like Audino to level up overleveled Pokemon at a reasonable pace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Or they could just fix the EXP system so that you don't need Pokemon like Audino to level up overleveled Pokemon at a reasonable pace.
    The EXP system is not broken, you just need higher-level opponents to provide a challenge (in BW1, trainers typically topped out at Lv.65, leaving a mild gap between them and the rematched E4's Lv.80s) once you've surpassed that of the best wild Pokemon out there. Unova in general seems to have wild Pokemon at higher levels than other regions -- compare Giant Chasm, Mt. Silver, and Cerulean Cave.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    The EXP system is not broken, you just need higher-level opponents to provide a challenge (in BW1, trainers typically topped out at Lv.65, leaving a mild gap between them and the rematched E4's Lv.80s) once you've surpassed that of the best wild Pokemon out there. Unova in general seems to have wild Pokemon at higher levels than other regions -- compare Giant Chasm, Mt. Silver, and Cerulean Cave.
    That's why it's broken. You need to rely on opponents whose levels are close to yours in order to get a decent amount of EXP, otherwise you're grinding for an hour just to level up once. You shouldn't be having to spend so much time grinding until post game when your Pokemon are all absurdly strong anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You shouldn't be having to spend so much time grinding until post game when your Pokemon are all absurdly strong anyway.
    Wait, what? Since when do you have to grind in Unova just to keep up with NPC's.

Post Thanks / Like

You should need to fight Pokemon close to your level to get good exp. They just need more Pokemon that are higher leveled.

Currently the max level (that I can see) for wild Audino is 59. This is not nearly high enough for those grinding their 2nd or 3rd team to 100.

It would be better if the whole world was bigger so they can have enough routes to gradually scale (no big jumps) Pokemon to 90+ or even 100.

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought of something I wanted to add, not sure if this has been mentioned but what would really blow everyone's mind is if this game had co-op. That would be the best addition ever to a pokemon game EVER.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mulqxvi View Post
    Currently the max level (that I can see) for wild Audino is 59. This is not nearly high enough for those grinding their 2nd or 3rd team to 100.
    Forget Audino. You can get free Rare Candies from some of the trainers in Nimbasa Gym postgame, and some Join Avenue shops in BW2 allow you to just pay to make a Pokemon level up.

Know what I did in HGSS to make my team strong enough to face down Red? Pokewalker. I walk like 15,000+ steps on any given workday, which is basically one free Rare Candy for anything up to level 70.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see backwards compatibility with both Gen IV and V. Why Gen IV? Because the Poké Transfer is region locked and my Gen IV games are in Spanish while my Black is in English, so I'll either have to ask a friend to borrow me his/her game and trade almost three full boxes to transfer afterwards to Black through the tedious process of Poké Transfer or I won't have my little buddies (some of them have already been transferred from Emerald) in my X. Come on Game Freak, both generations are on the same platform, if you can make a 3DS game connect with V, you should be able to connect with IV too! - inb4 not going to happen, but still.

Another thing I want and already said in another post is the return of Berry growth and Contests. At least in a recent artwork we can see a Riolu carrying a lot of Berries, so I'm really hoping they grow again in-game and not only in the Dream World >.>
    Sorry for bad English!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KryptonLion View Post
    At least in a recent artwork we can see a Riolu carrying a lot of Berries, so I'm really hoping they grow again in-game and not only in the Dream World >.>
    ? Oh, you must mean this.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 15th June 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KryptonLion View Post
    At least in a recent artwork we can see a Riolu carrying a lot of Berries, so I'm really hoping they grow again in-game and not only in the Dream World >.>
    ? Oh, you must mean this.
    Yeah, exactly. Also, all of those berries are the "useless" berries (that have no other propose than making PokéBlocks/Poffins) like Pinap, Magost, Nanab, Razz and Bluk Berries.
    Plus, if the rumors are true, then there will be a new powerful poison move that requires the user to eat the berry it is holding, giving berries a focus that they didn't have in Gen V.
    Sorry for bad English!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, now that I've gotten my female rival...( Thanks GAME FREAK, might I add~ :) )

Can we get at least one strong, physical fire-type move for Flareon to learn? I mean, if they aren't gonna give it Flare Blitz, can they just give it something?

Also, more ways to grind to Lv100 would be nice. The Black Tower was good for this, but a little more variety with the trainers and Pokemon rather than just the same ones each time would be nice. Challenge Mode was also helpful for this. That said, I really hope Challenge Mode makes a return. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but, maybe select-able before you start the game rather than just post-game?
    Last edited by Team Gaara; 16th June 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    That said, I really hope Challenge Mode makes a return. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but, maybe select-able before you start the game rather than just post-game?
    This. Just ... this so much.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 16th June 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As a Spanish speaker, the name Viola is disturbing for me since it means "rape" in Spanish...