What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 21

Page 21 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciate View Post
    I'd like to see a future appearance of the Johto Elite Four and the Hoenn Elite Four. Some Elite Four members deserve more character development, in my opinion.
    I'd like Glacia or Phoebe to come back. They didn't really focus on them much, and it would be nice to give them a backstory.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciate View Post
    I'd like to see a future appearance of the Johto Elite Four and the Hoenn Elite Four. Some Elite Four members deserve more character development, in my opinion.
    ^THIS. Characters like Karen, Will, Sidney and Phoebe are just far too intriguing to give them the shaft that way.

And if this world runs out of lovers
    We'll still have each other
    Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now

Click here to join the fabulous Striaton Triplets Club!
    Looking for a legit shiny Cryogonal or Sigilyph!

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I agree with a GTS overhaul! That thing is useless when it comes to looking for trades. Sure, it works well when you're the one requesting the trade, as long as your sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
    You know that there are many little kids who play these Pokemon games and an evil goth rival would not be safe for little kids because it may teach them goth stuff and those innocent kids might turn goth. Just to let you know.

Sure, it's Gothic Lolita; but its getting closer. Unfortunately, goths have got this stereotype as devil worshippers and all that crazy jazz Pokémon trainers used to be accused of being.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 22nd September 2011 at 04:30 AM.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Itsuki View Post
    ^THIS. Characters like Karen, Will, Sidney and Phoebe are just far too intriguing to give them the shaft that way.
    It would be cool to give Will a backstory. Sidney would be pretty interesting.

I just... think we need more older characters back. They were almost ignored in their respective generations (you never met Will outside the Elite Four) so why can't we have some more development there?

A double battle at Elite 4 with Glacia and Leroli would be the most awesome thing ever
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

This is almost definitely not going to happen, but: twin champions. That would be insanely awesome to have a double battle.

Again, most likely won't happen.

Blog Entries

Really, my requests would be simple.

Starters:
    A Grass type that is NOT a reptile. Seriously, ANYTHING other than a reptile.
    Non-fighting Fire type. I like Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar, but I would just like more variance.
    The water types have been awesome thus far, so I trust them. (though, I would like a psychic dolphin/whale/whatever)

Trainer:
    I really kinda do NOT want complete customization. Why? Because I view the Trainer as a real character. Pokemon is an RPG, which means I'm taking the role of someone other than me. It's much more fun to do that with a real character. If anything, I would prefer a little more definition to the Trainer's character and perhaps more family members (like a dad who is actually seen in the home at night).

Overall, I like the basic Pokemon formula. You're a young trainer who embarks on a mission to raise these amazing creatures who become your best of friends, and along the way, you encounter some form of opposition and wind up saving the region. It's a great story; I'd like it if the story were deepened and intensified (and definitely lengthened), but I think it's overall fine the way it is.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

A goat. And a wolf. There must have been dozens based on butterflies and moths, but we can't get a wolf?
    Last edited by Pyradox; 22nd September 2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: And moths
    Silverwynde likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pyradox View Post
    It would be cool to give Will a backstory. Sidney would be pretty interesting.

I just... think we need more older characters back. They were almost ignored in their respective generations (you never met Will outside the Elite Four) so why can't we have some more development there?
    It'll probably happen. In more recent games, we've been seeing Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Champions outside of their respective locations, with some story to them.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind knowing whether Agatha is dead or alive. This can be explained by her family, and if she had none, then Oak.

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I wanna have the option of being bad.

Yes I know this will never happen... but I want the option to take over the evil team and do evil instead of being the paragon of virtue that all the other protagonists have always been.
    H-con and Dreamy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Oz37 View Post
    I really kinda do NOT want complete customization. Why? Because I view the Trainer as a real character. Pokemon is an RPG, which means I'm taking the role of someone other than me. It's much more fun to do that with a real character. If anything, I would prefer a little more definition to the Trainer's character and perhaps more family members (like a dad who is actually seen in the home at night).
    I don't really see how complete customization can interfere with taking the role of someone else. The customization should be within reason, but I don't see that as a really detrimental thing, as the background of the character would remain the same. If you base the story heavily around the player character, then customization could be limited, but I don't see pokémon as that kind of game, as how you look doesn't really matter (the background story to your character and family is non-existent anyways).

But it's not like I'll cry myself to sleep if it's not implemented. It's not important, but I wouldn't mind having it as an extra feature. And besides, if you don't care, just go for default...

Yes I know this will never happen... but I want the option to take over the evil team and do evil instead of being the paragon of virtue that all the other protagonists have always been.
    Yes, at least having more moral choices to choose between would be nice, it would add some much needed depth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    I don't really see how complete customization can interfere with taking the role of someone else. The customization should be within reason, but I don't see that as a really detrimental thing, as the background of the character would remain the same. If you base the story heavily around the player character, then customization could be limited, but I don't see pokémon as that kind of game, as how you look doesn't really matter (the background story to your character and family is non-existent anyways).
    I guess what I mean is that I see the Trainer as much of a solid character as, say, Link from Zelda. You never get a ton of background on Link, but he is a well defined character. I would prefer the Trainer to be well defined, too.

Still, I wouldn't start hating on the games if customization were implemented. I'm just kinda scared, I guess. Every game I've played that you could really customize the main character disappointed me because the graphic design of the character was lower quality than other in-game avatars, as a perfectionist I could never be satisfied, and because the characterization was so open, my main character felt useless to the storyline. I just don't want Pokemon to lose it's lovably simple quality for the sake of customization.

Will, Karen and Lorelei are a few Elite 4 members i'd love to see again. Personally, I don't want to see quadruple battles. They need to stop with Triple Battles and leave it at that.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Earth. One of the continents, to be specific.

I haven't read through everything, of course, so this might repeat things already stated, but here are a few things I'd like to see:
    -A return of that box option where you could move items around in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, I believe. I don't see why they got rid of that.
    -A fire/water pokemon. It'd be hard to pull off, but fun to do (a flaming fish? Something made out of steam?). That and fire/grass, and some more intereting combos.
    -a land-locked continent, just because we haven't had one before. Although I do like the diving features and oceanic pokemon...
    -Maybe something with more of a storyline, which I'm sure has been requested a lot. Black and white did pretty well in that regard, but I'd love to see something new.
    -Possibly something where you could choose your 'career': Trainer, contest hall contestor, breeder, gym leader if they could make it work, maybe even a bad guy. I'm sure that would be hard to program, but I'd love to see it. Maybe even multiple save files so you could try everything without losing all your data? They could do that where you had only one save file for each career.
    -Expanding on previous concept, something involving using pokemon more in everyday life. I'm not really sure how this one would work, though.
    -I agree with the 'more personalized character' thought. It would be fun to flip through outfits and hair colors, at the very least.
    Last edited by Windywords123; 22nd September 2011 at 07:17 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM