Page 205 of 238 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    What we really need is a tablet device.
    Isn't the new Pokedex supposed to be based on a tablet?
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    I already made my main wish list a few pages back (which you can read here), but here are a few additional random things from every Generation that I hope they bring back for XY:

Gen 1:

-The SS Anne, or the Kalos equivalent. Taking one of the most memorable moments from RBY and giving it a 3DS makeover? Yes please; either as a story element or a potential location for daily battles post-game will do.
    -I want to see the evil team's boss double as an upstanding member of society again. Maybe a Gym Leader and maybe not, it'd be a cool twist if one of the supporting characters you meet turns out to be evil all along (your mentor? rival? the PC's father who for some reason is never around?)
    -A douchey rival. I don't hate the nice-guys rivals like most people seem to do, but we've been long overdo for another Blue/Green. With the PC seeming to be relatively wealthy, it's only natural the PC's family would have rich acquaintances, and there could be a snobby, entitled rich kid as the rival (or one of the rivals). It'd be pretty fun to put someone like that in their place.
    1. Is the SS Anne anything like the Royal Unova? I've never been in Kanto, since I started with Diamond and never finished my SoulSilver.
    2. That would be pretty cool.
    3. I'm hoping for 2 rivals again: one like you just described, and the other being a nice, helpful rival, like Wally and Bianca mixed together with some of Barry's confidence.
    By the way, you missed Gen 2.
    Gen 3:

-Secret Bases in all their glory. I loved the Underground (back on that in a sec) but Secret Bases were never done better than they were in RSE. I already talked about Secret Bases in my other post so I'll just leave at it that.
    -Battle Frontier. Not much to explain with this one.
    -Underwater diving, with wild Pokemon and secret chambers to explore. Honestly I want to see RSE remakes/sequels this Gen and than it might be better saving Diving for those games, but otherwise, bring this back ASAP.
    -The superior version of Contests. No DP Contests, and definitely no Musicals. RSE Contests, that's where it's at.
    1. YES!
    2. I don't really use the Battle Frontier, so I don't really care.
    3. I would like this, along with a flying route. Come on, clouds would make the perfect tall grass equivalent. Thunderclouds could be a variant of them.
    4. Never played a Hoenn game.
    Gen 4:

-The Poketch. Hands down the best PokeGear-like system by far. Implement the Skype and IR capabilities of the Xtransciever as well, but otherwise, the versatility and myriad of apps of the Poketch was sorely missed in the last few games.
    -Underground. 'Nuff said. I still prefer above-ground Secret Bases but there's a tons of things they could do with the Underground and it's honestly one of the features I miss most.
    -The PokeRadar. Already talked about this.
    -The Pokeathelon. This and RSE Contests were the best mini-game sidequests we've seen so far imo (wasn't a fan of B2W2 movie-making); they were more than just distractions from the battling and there was a nice amount of strategy that went into them. It'd be nice to have at least one of them back.
    1. I didn't really like the layout of the Poketch. Maybe they could make it resemble a smartphone more, with all the apps as icons you can choose from instead of scrolling for the right app. I also would like an app store where you can get DLC apps, some free and some costing money.
    2. I never really liked the underground. I don't see what people like so much about it.
    3. No, you didn't. Did you accidentally delete the Gen 2 section?
    4. I kind of liked the Pokeathelon, but it wasn't that good to me.
    Gen 5:

-Two rivals. By far one of my favorite parts from the original BW. We can still have the douchey entitled rival, but I have no problems with another, nicer rival thrown in as well.
    -Join Avenue is a must if they're keep the same EV, IV nature system. I can't imagine breeding and training competitive Pokemon without it.
    -The PWT. Incorporate it into the Battle Frontier or keep it standalone, but between the iconic Leaders and Champions, the awesome music, and surprising diversity of different modes, the PWT had surprising replay value and I really hope they bring it back.
    1. I would really like this. See #3 on Gen 1.
    2. I loved Join Avenue! It's awesome!
    3. I would incorporate it into the Battle Frontier along with contests, musicals, PokeStar Studios, the Pokeathelon, and a brand new thing to make a giant multimedia area. Come on, you know it would be awesome.

That's it for now, may update this down the line.
    Cool!

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Isn't the new Pokedex supposed to be based on a tablet?
    I meant having the new gadget based on a tablet, not the Pokedex.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    1. Is the SS Anne anything like the Royal Unova? I've never been in Kanto, since I started with Diamond and never finished my SoulSilver.
    It's pretty similar, but the SS Anne is much, much bigger. The Royal Unova is really small by comparison.

Nah, I just couldn't think of anything in particular that I really wanted from that gen, haha. :P

1. I didn't really like the layout of the Poketch. Maybe they could make it resemble a smartphone more, with all the apps as icons you can choose from instead of scrolling for the right app
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind that. I didn't mean so much the layout of the Poketch as what you could do with it. There were so many apps and it was really convenient being able to do so much without going into an item menu. The Dowsing Machine, in-game map, calculator and step counter in particular were some of my favorites and most frequently used, IIRC.

I meant in my earlier post in this thread, but anyway, the PokeRadar was a fun way to find Pokemon and Shiny Chaining, although I was never able to actually get a Shiny with it, is something I'd like to try again.

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

I want more interesting Ice-types. Gen V's Ice-types were few and not exactly that interesting as they were all pure Ice barring Kyurem.

To demonstate what I mean, Gen V only gave us Vanillite (Ice), Cubchoo (Ice), Cryogonal (Ice) and Kyurem (Dragon/Ice), which compared to Gen IV's Snover (Grass/Ice), Froslass (Ice/Ghost), Weavile (Dark/Ice), Glaceon (Ice) and Mamoswine (Ice/Ground) is really quite bland (and even moreso when you realise that Gen V introduced much more new Pokemon in total when compared to Gen IV). I'm not mentioning Rotom's forme here, since it kind of falls into both generations in a way.

Now, I'm not hating on Gen V's Ice-types (Beartic and Cryogonal are awesome), but having a small amount of regular (aka non-legendary) Ice-types and all of them being pure Ice was quite disappointing for me. So I want and hope that Gen VI will give us more varied types when it comes to Ice.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mykalriley View Post
    I myself haven't played HG/SS ( I think that's the one that allows pokemon to walk beside you) but I feel I really missed out on something there as well

Post Game content.. This is a HUGE one for me.. I want much more to do after the E4.. I don't like feeling like the game is over because I've beaten them. I know that there are some things to do, like in BW/BW2, however, more is better. I am all for playing these games for as long as possible, so extra content would add to that I think.
    I strongly suggest you play HG or SS. Seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    It's pretty similar, but the SS Anne is much, much bigger. The Royal Unova is really small by comparison.

Nah, I just couldn't think of anything in particular that I really wanted from that gen, haha. :P

1. I didn't really like the layout of the Poketch. Maybe they could make it resemble a smartphone more, with all the apps as icons you can choose from instead of scrolling for the right app
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind that. I didn't mean so much the layout of the Poketch as what you could do with it. There were so many apps and it was really convenient being able to do so much without going into an item menu. The Dowsing Machine, in-game map, calculator and step counter in particular were some of my favorites and most frequently used, IIRC.

I meant in my earlier post in this thread, but anyway, the PokeRadar was a fun way to find Pokemon and Shiny Chaining, although I was never able to actually get a Shiny with it, is something I'd like to try again.
    OK.
    Oh.
    I know, right?
    OK.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-A douchey rival. I don't hate the nice-guys rivals like most people seem to do, but we've been long overdo for another Blue/Green. With the PC seeming to be relatively wealthy, it's only natural the PC's family would have rich acquaintances, and there could be a snobby, entitled rich kid as the rival (or one of the rivals). It'd be pretty fun to put someone like that in their place.
    Very much agreeing with wanting a douche rival. (Though, why do the PCs seem particularly wealthy this time around compared to others?)

-Battle Frontier. Not much to explain with this one.
    -The superior version of Contests. No DP Contests, and definitely no Musicals. RSE Contests, that's where it's at.
    Agree about another Battle Frontier, but I for one prefer DP Contests over RSE contests.

-Underground. 'Nuff said. I still prefer above-ground Secret Bases but there's a tons of things they could do with the Underground and it's honestly one of the features I miss most.
    -The PokeRadar. Already talked about this.
    Never really did much with Secret Bases, myself (granted, I got Emerald after Diamond, so I can't give a real opinion on them). But the Underground, I REALLY liked! PokeRadar as well.

-Two rivals. By far one of my favorite parts from the original BW. We can still have the douchey entitled rival, but I have no problems with another, nicer rival thrown in as well.
    -The PWT. Incorporate it into the Battle Frontier or keep it standalone, but between the iconic Leaders and Champions, the awesome music, and surprising diversity of different modes, the PWT had surprising replay value and I really hope they bring it back.
    Two rivals were fine, but as long as they are better than Cheren and Bianca as rivals (might as well throw Hugh in there, too). I'd really like to see the other PC as one of the rivals in addition to the standard rival. Which I really want to be a girl for once. And I'd love another PWT.
    I like a lot of your ideas. :) I basically outlined the ones I'd like to see the most.

Add Chiss on Facebook

I'd really appreciate more hidden end game content. Like, if you could walk up to a tree and see a little hole in it, crawl in, and find some rare tall grass. Or, if they made a room that you could walk into, and inside there would be all of the bosses from the evil teams using high leveled pokemon that you would have to defeat. (Evil masterminds other than Giovanni weren't in the PWT, so this would be a great chance to put them in.) After you defeat the leaders, they would give you some sort of prize that leads to the legendary of the region. (Maxie to groudon, Cyrus to Giratina, etc.)

I'd also like more version exclusive legendaries, like in HGSS. I was really motivated to get a Rayquaza and I haven't felt that in gen 5.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiss View Post
    I'd also like more version exclusive legendaries, like in HGSS. I was really motivated to get a Rayquaza and I haven't felt that in gen 5.
    Not even with Landorus in BW1? It works the exact same way as Rayquaza.
    Akromatic likes this.

I only played Emerald, how do you get Rayquaza in RS? (To get Rayquaza in HGSS you need both a Johto Groudon and Johto Kyogre, both being version exclusive.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    I only played Emerald, how do you get Rayquaza in RS? (To get Rayquaza in HGSS you need both a Johto Groudon and Johto Kyogre, both being version exclusive.)
    You just go to Sky Pillar post game, nothing special.

Blog Entries

While playing White 2 today, I realized something I wanted in Gen VI that was in previous gens, but, for some reason, not in Gen V.

PokeBalls having their own pocket in the Bag. It's been like that since the introduction of the bag, so why did they change it in BW? I do realize it may not be that important, but sometime I have so many things in the bag, it's hard to find stuff even though we are able to sort items by will.

Then I remembered the Free Space (not in BW, only 2,) and an idea occurred to me which would make it better. First, you should have two free spaces, just for more convenience. Second, you can name each space whatever you want. And last, there are a set of designs (that would already be programmed into the game) that you can choose from to customize each Free Space. For example, you can choose a Pokeball design if you want to make the Free Space into a PokeBall pocket. (Though I'd still prefer them to have their own pocket......)

Speaking of designs, I thought of another idea, and this one seems almost certain to happen. You should be able to customize your bag itself. Not just the colour and designs, but the actual bag. In the trailers, they show a bag with a shoulder strap, but you should be able to get the kinds from previous gens...( I don't know the names of what these "bags" are called.)

Anyway, hope you liked my ideas. What do you guys think?

Edit: I also want more kinds of "balls." (That incorporate creative ideas.) That would give them more of a reason to give the PokeBalls their own pocket.
    Last edited by Phoenixon; 3rd June 2013 at 05:33 AM.
    Lugiafanatic and Sakuraa like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    While playing White 2 today, I realized something I wanted in Gen VI that was in previous gens, but, for some reason, not in Gen V.

PokeBalls having their own pocket in the Bag. It's been like that since the introduction of the bag, so why did they change it in BW? I do realize it may not be that important, but sometime I have so many things in the bag, it's hard to find stuff even though we are able to sort items by will.

Then I remembered the Free Space (not in BW, only 2,) and an idea occurred to me which would make it better. First, you should have two free spaces, just for more convenience. Second, you can name each space whatever you want. And last, there are a set of designs (that would already be programmed into the game) that you can choose from to customize each Free Space. For example, you can choose a Pokeball design if you want to make the Free Space into a PokeBall pocket. (Though I'd still prefer them to have their own pocket......)

Speaking of designs, I thought of another idea, and this one seems almost certain to happen. You should be able to customize your bag itself. Not just the colour and designs, but the actual bag. In the trailers, they show a bag with a shoulder strap, but you should be able to get the kinds from previous gens...( I don't know the names of what these "bags" are called.)

Anyway, hope you liked my ideas. What do you guys think?

Edit: I also want more kinds of "balls." (That incorporate creative ideas.) That would give them more of a reason to give the PokeBalls their own pocket.
    I too preferred having Pokeballs in their own pocket in the bag. I would like to see that return.

Being able to customise our bag's design would be cool, although I'll more than likely go for the one shown in the trailers.

Although I never really used this feature much, I do think it would be pretty cool to be able to customise our Poke balls again. Being able to edit the Poke balls 'Pokemon release' effect was pretty cool, and would be interesting to see return.

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

I'd like to see a banking system similar to what we had in Gen II (though without the buying-stuff-with-your-money aspect, or at least have an option to disable it). Maybe with interest added over time? I think it'd be neat, at least.

I'd also like to see more opportunities for underwater exploration, though not necessarily with Dive.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM