What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 204

Page 204 of 238 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

So, I'm to the point, after reading the forums daily, checking the site's for new news, that I absolutely can not wait until October when these games are released. I'm beside myself.. So, to kill time, I started playing HG, which from many opinions, I've gathered is one of the best of the franchise. I hadn't played it.. and I have to say, I'm loving it so far. I really like that your Pokémon walk beside you.. And I've decided that this is something I would most definitely LIKE to see in the new games, however, judging by the screen shots Im not sure if youll be able to. Of course there's always the chance that they left that part out, as a surprise... and people seem to think it would be to hard/complex/work to add the 3d models to do so, but regardless I think its a really neat feature

Follow Meophist On Twitter

If they bring back having your Pokémon out while you're on the field, I hope they make it optional and a bit more practical. They got in the way often in HG/SS which made it kinda annoying. It also wasn't very useful.
    Akromatic and sonic10158 like this.

I think gen 6 should have dlc

I want there to be no HMs. If I have a Scyther, he can cut trees. If I have an Onix, he can move boulders. If I have Dragonite, I can ride on him from town to town. It's as simple as that.
    Lugiafanatic likes this.

Blog Entries

Yesterday, while playing LoZ Spirit Tracks and thinking of the latest Pokemon X and Y Gameplay trailer, an idea formed in my head that I would like to see in Generation VI.

Okay, as we've seen from the trailers so far, and the region map, Lumiose City is HUGE. I mean, it looks a lot more complex than Castelia, and at least three times it's size. Then there's another thing, like Castelia, it seems the camera angle will move as you walk around the city. I personally think this will make it a lot harder to navigate the city without getting lost, or forgetting if you already went through that place or not (a problem I had with Castelia, since it's circular, and Lumiose is actually a whole circle.) So, I was thinking they should make it easier to know where you are in the city.....

And thus, I thought Wynaut add a small map-like-thing to the bottom screen like how it is in LoZ on the DS? The camera angles would change at the top screen, but the map would remain still, so you know where you are. And it wouldn't have to be detailed, just an outline of the city would make things a lot easier.

The ways they could add it are plenty. If the "gadget" this gen has apps like the Poketch, it could be an app you get when entering the city. Or maybe it could just be a Key Item that you activate by your will and it shows up on the bottom screen. (Like the Dowsing Machine..... maybe the dowsing machine could be fused with this mini map? Just an idea...) Or maybe the Region's Map itself could be used like this.

Later, I realized that the camera angles could be changing in other parts of the game too. So, they might as well include this Navigation Map (or whatever they would call it) for the whole region.

So, I would want this in Gen 6. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    And thus, I thought Wynaut add a small map-like-thing to the bottom screen like how it is in LoZ on the DS? The camera angles would change at the top screen, but the map would remain still, so you know where you are. And it wouldn't have to be detailed, just an outline of the city would make things a lot easier.
    Don't see it happening when the bottom screen has been used for other things like your primary gadget (DPP's Poketch and G5's C-Gear) and a menu screen (HGSS). Besides, I actually start to hate minimaps because it makes it impossible to feel lost.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Don't see it happening when the bottom screen has been used for other things like your primary gadget (DPP's Poketch and G5's C-Gear) and a menu screen (HGSS). Besides, I actually start to hate minimaps because it makes it impossible to feel lost.
    Which is why I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    The ways they could add it are plenty. If the "gadget" this gen has apps like the Poketch, it could be an app you get when entering the city. Or maybe it could just be a Key Item that you activate by your will and it shows up on the bottom screen. (Like the Dowsing Machine..... maybe the dowsing machine could be fused with this mini map? Just an idea...)
    And about the feeling lost thing, that's true, it makes your adventure feel more exciting when not knowing what to expect. Maybe you have to "unlock" the map for each place by walking around in every area of that town or city first. And then you'd be able to use the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I want a Smartphone in Gen VI !
    I'm not Kidding .
    Seriously , Its stupid that people of Pokemon Universe has to use primitive thing like Poke-gear or Xtranceiver When there are something even better device call Smartphone in Real world.
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 2nd June 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I'm not Kidding .
    Seriously , Its stupid that people of Pokemon Universe has to use primitive thing like Poke-gear or Xtranceiver When there are something even device better call Smartphone in Real world.
    The Poke-gear and Xtranceiver are technically Smartphone of the Pokeuniverse.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What we really need is a tablet device.

Johto Mightiest Medalist LegendaryRose's Avatar

Visit LegendaryRose's Youtube Channel

I'd really like a rival who's a bit like Silver, rather dark and kinda mean...Maybe a girl one who looks the same as Silver, she could call the player "weak" like he does too...And people who DON'T ask for Shaymin or Arceus if the games have a Global Trading Station feature...New Gym Leaders, maybe one that specializes in Dark-Type Pokemon, one that favors Legendary Pokemon too.
    And DO AWAY WITH the Pokemon Storage System on the PC ALWAYS being called "Someone's PC," after all, the "someone" was different in previous games.
    Generations 1, 2 +4: Bill
    Generation 3:Lanette and Bebe
    Generation 5:Amantia
    That's one TOO MANY "Someone's PCs!"
    Akromatic likes this.
    Please stop Dento, Sailor Saturn, as only YOU can stop him by swinging your Silence Glaive downwards in the Pokemon World, thus annihlating both the POKEMON WORLD and DENTO, too!

Yeah, the "Someone's PC" really needs to be named simply "Pokemon Storage", also considering that's the only thing on it you access.

Anyway, dang it, I had an idea to put on my personal G6 wishlist that is at once both simple and awesome (and I mean on the level of "diagonal movement" simplicity), but I totally can't remember what it was. It was fleeting, but....
    Last edited by Stratelier; 2nd June 2013 at 12:40 AM.
    Akromatic likes this.

Blog Entries

I already made my main wish list a few pages back (which you can read here), but here are a few additional random things from every Generation that I hope they bring back for XY:

Gen 1:

-The SS Anne, or the Kalos equivalent. Taking one of the most memorable moments from RBY and giving it a 3DS makeover? Yes please; either as a story element or a potential location for daily battles post-game will do.
    -I want to see the evil team's boss double as an upstanding member of society again. Maybe a Gym Leader and maybe not, it'd be a cool twist if one of the supporting characters you meet turns out to be evil all along (your mentor? rival? the PC's father who for some reason is never around?)
    -A douchey rival. I don't hate the nice-guys rivals like most people seem to do, but we've been long overdo for another Blue/Green. With the PC seeming to be relatively wealthy, it's only natural the PC's family would have rich acquaintances, and there could be a snobby, entitled rich kid as the rival (or one of the rivals). It'd be pretty fun to put someone like that in their place.

Gen 3:

-Secret Bases in all their glory. I loved the Underground (back on that in a sec) but Secret Bases were never done better than they were in RSE. I already talked about Secret Bases in my other post so I'll just leave at it that.
    -Battle Frontier. Not much to explain with this one.
    -Underwater diving, with wild Pokemon and secret chambers to explore. Honestly I want to see RSE remakes/sequels this Gen and than it might be better saving Diving for those games, but otherwise, bring this back ASAP.
    -The superior version of Contests. No DP Contests, and definitely no Musicals. RSE Contests, that's where it's at.

Gen 4:

-The Poketch. Hands down the best PokeGear-like system by far. Implement the Skype and IR capabilities of the Xtransciever as well, but otherwise, the versatility and myriad of apps of the Poketch was sorely missed in the last few games.
    -Underground. 'Nuff said. I still prefer above-ground Secret Bases but there's a tons of things they could do with the Underground and it's honestly one of the features I miss most.
    -The PokeRadar. Already talked about this.
    -The Pokeathelon. This and RSE Contests were the best mini-game sidequests we've seen so far imo (wasn't a fan of B2W2 movie-making); they were more than just distractions from the battling and there was a nice amount of strategy that went into them. It'd be nice to have at least one of them back.

Gen 5:

-Two rivals. By far one of my favorite parts from the original BW. We can still have the douchey entitled rival, but I have no problems with another, nicer rival thrown in as well.
    -Join Avenue is a must if they're keep the same EV, IV nature system. I can't imagine breeding and training competitive Pokemon without it.
    -The PWT. Incorporate it into the Battle Frontier or keep it standalone, but between the iconic Leaders and Champions, the awesome music, and surprising diversity of different modes, the PWT had surprising replay value and I really hope they bring it back.

That's it for now, may update this down the line.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by クリスタル View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I'm not Kidding .
    Seriously , Its stupid that people of Pokemon Universe has to use primitive thing like Poke-gear or Xtranceiver When there are something even device better call Smartphone in Real world.
    The Poke-gear and Xtranceiver are technically Smartphone of the Pokeuniverse.
    But those are nothing compare to the Mufti-use of a Smartphone !

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

If you're talking about an actual smartphone like gadget( not a watch or something like that but an actual phone) I think that wouldnt be such a bad idea, I dont recall there ever being something like that. I guess the Pokegear can kinda be called a phone, but it isnt exactly like the type of smartphone existing today, but I think that type of thing could be interesting, there would be apps that you collect kinda like the Poketch, and maybe more could be added as downloadable content later on.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM