What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 201
Page 201 of 238 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3563

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MicManGuy View Post
    I'd really like it if the game had sort of Golden Sun type puzzles that you have to solve with pokémon.
    Like Pokemon Ranger?
    I dunno. I never played Ranger. I might look into that then. I tried mystery dungeon and realized it was a strait up dungeon crawler, which I don't like. I think I just assumed that Ranger was like that as well.

Yeah, Ranger is not like that at all. When you're dungeon-crawling in Ranger, you'll regularly find obstacles that require certain skills to remove, so you need to go looking for a nearby Pokemon that has the matching skill. Battle system involves drawing loops around the Pokemon with your DS stylus while avoiding whatever attacks the Pokemon may throw at you. (In the first game, you have to draw # uninterrupted loops, which can be difficult depending on the Pokemon; in later games, drawing loops fills up a meter and the Pokemon gets captured when the meter's full). After using the Pokemon to clear the field obstacle, it's released automatically.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Ranger, what I want for Generation 6 is a new Ranger game. There's a lot more they could do with the 3DS as well, not just in terms of graphics, but other things as well. I just loved the Ranger series, and I was quite disappointed when they announced a new Mystery Dungeon game for the 3DS, but not a Ranger game.....
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Ranger also gets a bonus point for using the actual main-series cry of each Pokemon species, something I really would love to see Chunsoft do for PMD. YouTube videos for the interested ... first Ranger game (vs Charizard), second Ranger game (vs Lucario), third Ranger game (vs Entei). (In-battle Poke Assists also differ between games: In the first two they power up the stylus in some way, but the Pokemon is released afterwards; in the third, it summons the actual Pokemon to do an attack move, and can be used repeatedly unless the Pokemon got hit in the meantime).

The strange quirk about Ranger's battle system is that unless you're actively using the stylus, you can't take any damage from the Pokemon (but in the latter two, the Pokemon's capture meter does start to drain).

Blog Entries

Ranger also gets a bonus point for using the actual main-series cry of each Pokemon species, something I really would love to see Chunsoft do for PMD. YouTube videos for the interested ... first Ranger game (vs Charizard), second Ranger game (vs Lucario), third Ranger game (vs Entei). (In-battle Poke Assists also differ between games: In the first two they power up the stylus in some way, but the Pokemon is released afterwards; in the third, it summons the actual Pokemon to do an attack move, and can be used repeatedly unless the Pokemon got hit in the meantime).

The strange quirk about Ranger's battle system is that unless you're actively using the stylus, you can't take any damage from the Pokemon (but in the latter two, the Pokemon's capture meter does start to drain).
    Hell no, I found that to be utterly annoying. Alright, I've only ever played the first Ranger game (and I don't have plans to play any other), but I've watched a couple of videos of the other two games (mainly legendary captures) and one of them was the encounter and capturing of Lugia. Before the battle even began it uttered its cry 3 times, and then another time for the artwork that comes before a legendary battle, and then every time it used an attack. Seriously, I was sick of hearing it after the 6th time (it was a GSC cry too, which made it worse). Annoying as hell.

I honestly wish they would redo the cries entirely, like making them utter their name and/or just giving them more "realistic" cries. Hearing RBY/GSC cries together with BW cries is already a pain. People might argue that it takes away the individuality of every Pokemon species, but I honestly couldn't care less.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I honestly wish they would redo the cries entirely, like making them utter their name and/or just giving them more "realistic" cries. Hearing RBY/GSC cries together with BW cries is already a pain. People might argue that it takes away the individuality of every Pokemon species, but I honestly couldn't care less.
    I agree that many of the G1/G2 era cries badly need to be redone, but certainly not all of them. Growlithe's cry, for one, I wouldn't want to see changed at all.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love to see another Ranger game, especially if they continue the action oriented gameplay Guardian Signs started. Because stuff like hopping across platforms on a Raikou or dodging lightning bolts on a Latios is pretty awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I agree that many of the G1/G2 era cries badly need to be redone, but certainly not all of them. Growlithe's cry, for one, I wouldn't want to see changed at all.
    If they plan to redo cries, they shouldn't redo some or a few, they should redo them all.

I mean, if they want to redo them all with high quality sounds, they shouldn't leave a few unchanged, which makes sense anyway.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

i want to fight red / silver /ruby / Diamond / black/
    I want to fight all the old members of the elite 4
    I want to go to the older game zones
    If they make a y2 or x2 i want to fight my own team from my original Y or X game
    I want to fight lance

Just lots of epic fights its boring only having one real fight and that being your rival.
    >>>>>>>>>>my 3DS Friend Code : 3007-8122-0355<<<<<<<<<

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldfish View Post
    i want to fight red / silver /ruby / Diamond / black/
    I want to fight all the old members of the elite 4
    I want to go to the older game zones
    If they make a y2 or x2 i want to fight my own team from my original Y or X game
    I want to fight lance

Just lots of epic fights its boring only having one real fight and that being your rival.
    You mean you want the Pokemon World Tournament basically? Including the main characters from the previous games? (Red was already there.....)

EDIT: I just realized you might have meant that we get to battle them as part of the storyline, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Phoenixon; 27th May 2013 at 05:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Same way you could face Cynthia in black and white. Just with more people to fight.

Blog Entries

Default Changes You Would Like To See

Every game has its changes. Every generation has bigger changes. From making TMs reusable to adding color back in Gen II, the games have always surprised us, for the better or worse. And now with perhaps the biggest changes here to crush the childhoods of gen wunners, er, I mean to bring us a new experience, I ask you: what do you want to see changed in Generation VI? I'm not asking for new features, but previously existing things changed, whether it be expanded on or gotten rid of.

What I want is improved trainer rematches. RSE did this best with giving phone numbers to people who actually called. I have fond memories of battling a trainer, going up and down the route a few times, and getting a call from the same trainer asking for a rematch.

Which wasn't part of the 'story'; Cynthia's appearance was postgame.

Blog Entries

I want a narwhal.

Which wasn't part of the 'story'; Cynthia's appearance was postgame.
    doesn't matter if its part of the story or not the lack of good fights annoys me.
    I also want to see a mix of pokemon at the start of the game. Its boring only fighting the new version of Rattata or pidgey each new game would it be so bad if at the start we had a mix of all the stating ones like Bidoof, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Patrat and Rattata.

Problem with pokemon games is that you go to a new root and find the exact same pokemon almost all the time.

I would like the game to level your pokemon up to 100 just by doing all the content. I find it boring getting to lvl 70-80 then having nothing else to lvl up on other than elite 4 and wild pokemon that are lvl 65 at the most. I would like to see the elite 4 have lvl 90-95 pokemon second time you fight them.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 28th May 2013 at 12:09 PM.