What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 197
Page 197 of 238 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3563

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Disobedient View Post
    I also would like to have possible RSEmakes in Gen7 rather that this generation.
    Any particular reason why you want RSEmakes in 7th gen? I think they might want to do it now. I think 6th gen will go something like this:

XY- 2013
    RS remakes/RS2- 2014
    XY2- 2015
    7th gen- 2017

Would they actually need separate models for walking Pokemon, though? I'm pretty sure they could use the same model for both overworld walking and battles for most Pokemon, at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Would they actually need separate models for walking Pokemon, though? I'm pretty sure they could use the same model for both overworld walking and battles for most Pokemon, at least.
    The overworld models would need to be scaled down, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Because the overworld is a much busier environment (engine wise) than the battle scene. Unless you know you have the processing power to spare, your optimize your resources for wherever/whatever they appear in.

E.g. take a closer look at Gogoat's screenshots:
    - http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p8_4.jpg
    - http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/screenshots/may_p9_1.jpg
    Notice the smoothness of the horns and the thickness of the ridges. Also note a lot more cel outlines in the battle model than overworld. The in-battle model has probably triple the polygon count of the overworld model.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 20th May 2013 at 08:59 PM.

In that pic, on the overworld model, there's a red cloth on GoGoat's back that's acting like a saddle for the player.

Maybe it's an item for GoGoat that lets you ride him? Or maybe the GoGoat around Lumiose City are rental and you ride them around like some form of public transport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

It seems to be something akin to rental, or a service, if the pokebeach leaks are to be believed. I rather think it is indeed the case.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

I'm pretty sure Gogoat riding is just for Lumiose City, kinda like the Mienfoo in Humilau City, following you only inside the old lady's house.

. . . I wasn't referring to the riding feature, but the polygon count on the models. Ridable Gogoat is clearly a lower-resolution model than in-battle Gogoat, so that it renders more quickly.

I had an idea recently, one I think makes sense but is unlikely. Eliminate HMs, at least as field moves. I realize that (Surf in particular) they have a certain usefulness in battle, but certain Pokemon where it makes sense should inherently be able to chop bushes or be able to fly.

I would like it if pokemon would follow you again. Like in Johto.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Who's for evolving during battle? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Who's for evolving during battle? :D
    There's already a thread for that: Do You Want Mid-Battle Evolutions?
    I can't decide though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I also would like to have possible RSEmakes in Gen7 rather that this generation.
    Any particular reason why you want RSEmakes in 7th gen? I think they might want to do it now. I think 6th gen will go something like this:

XY- 2013
    RS remakes/RS2- 2014
    XY2- 2015
    7th gen- 2017
    Yes, simply because I need straight patterns in my life:
    I - nothing
    II - nothing
    III - remakes of I
    IV - remakes of II
    V - nothing
    VI - nothing
    VII - remakes of III
    IIX - remakes of IV

and so on ^^

Honestly? I kinda hope we never get R/S remakes. Or at least not for a long time.

With FR/LG and HG/SS, those remakes were needed because of the split between Gens II & III. Kanto & Johto were no longer accessible. This isn't the case with Hoenn. It's perfectly reachable by playing the GBA games on a DS.

I'd rather see a 3DS eStore release of the GBA Pokemon games (and make them fully compatible with DS/3DS Pokemon games) with rather than a full out remake of a game we can still theoretically play. I'd prefer to see Game Freak use their resources on future games of Pokemon rather than re-treading previous ground they've already trod. It's reductive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

Yes, simply because I need straight patterns in my life:
    I - nothing
    II - nothing
    III - remakes of I
    IV - remakes of II
    V - nothing
    VI - nothing
    VII - remakes of III
    IIX - remakes of IV

and so on ^^
    Straight patterns kind of went out the window with BW2. Now it's just whatever will sell at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I'd prefer to see Game Freak use their resources on future games of Pokemon rather than re-treading previous ground they've already trod. It's reductive.
    Completely new games only come once every 3 or 4 years. They have to do something to fill in the gaps, otherwise people will get bored waiting for the next game to come out. I like the idea of sequels, and I think it's an idea that could be applied to remakes as well. Re-treading old ground would be more worthwhile if they could make more changes to the games to truly modernize them, changing things like storyline, regional design, and the Pokedex could go a long way to creating a new experience in an older region.