I enjoy seeing others would like some intense orchestral music too. I'd especially like as much Piano and Violin solos the game could carry. Some nice Orchestral music could do wonders for Pokemon games.
More Riding Pokemon !
As for overall soundtrack changes, I'm not sold on the "sweeping orchestral/rock" idea. It seems like a lot of existing franchises (Final Fantasy comes to my mind) use that combination, and its overuse cheapens the effect to me.
I want the music themes of cities, towns and misc to be similar to the soundtracks of the Professor Layton series, since the new region is based on France. Game Freak should have hired Tomohito Nishiura, the composer of the Professor Layton series, to compose for the game :'D The battle themes should be composed by Masuda and Ichinose, like usual, because they rule.
Not just from its design standpoint, but just because the new region is isolated from the previous ones is enough reason already to reset the route numbers. They are local route numbers, akin to state highway designations as opposed to federal/interstate highway numbers.
I gotta say though . . . I kinda hate how the route numbers correlate with your general game progression. The only exception to this rule (seriously) is BW2 since the route numbers were established in BW1 and you're starting on the opposite corner of the region.
And then there's the rumor about retiring HMs as field moves. I can support that -- up through G4 the key difference between a TM and HM is that HMs are re-usable. Since G5 made all TMs reusable (a much welcomed improvement), the only difference remaining between HM and TM is that you can't make Pokemon forget HM moves to learn new ones. (There are already TMs usable in the field anyway: Sweet Scent, Dig, Teleport.)
So retiring HMs to the same status as other TMs, and making field moves an inherent ability of the Pokemon's species (à la Pokemon Ranger) would IMHO be a welcome improvement. No more needing a dedicated HM slave!
- I want the Dream World to stick around, with more new pokemon and their dream world abilities available!
- More Hidden Grottos, with more items and a higher chance of finding a pokemon!
- Ability to purchase every evolutionary item in both games, either with money or BP!
- A way to look at your pokemon's IVs! Lots of move tutors again!
- For Diving to come back, with more places to dive!
- HM moves no longer un-overwriteable (or maybe just no HM moves, everything is TMs)!
- Something similar to the Habitat Dex to return!
- Something similar to medals to remain, or some other kind of achievement system, with more weird, random medals!
- For the Game Corner to come back!
- Lots of DLC, like outfits for your character and even maps!
- Either a female evil team boss, or a female Rival! Or hey, why not both?
- Something like the Vs. Seeker to return, and for the character's teams to grow as you do!
- For Audino-leveling, or something similar to come back, maybe with a new gen 6 pokemon to be an EXP bitch!
- For the daycare to show up mid-way through the league, not to early, not too late!
- Wild pikachu! I want to be drowning in pikachu! I want to be freaking sick of running into pikachu!
- A couple Shiny giveaways in-game! Also mystery egg giveaways, with somethign special inside!
- Ditto to be available for catching! (Though if he's not, then at least be able to transfer one from BW/BW2)
- Some kind of event or Mini-game just for baby pokemon!
- Fun fest missions and similar to return! Also more complex side questions! (Like a chain-of-deals type thing, or you have to talk to a certain person before you can talk to one person who will give you a clue about someone else to talk to that will unlock something cool.)
- To be able to walk with my pokemon somewhere! Anywhere!
- Pokemon new and old to have more gender differences!
- Seals, or something similar to come back! (Though with a different system, since it's annoying having to detach the seals to move the pokemon to the box.)
- More new ghost pokemon! Lots more!
That's all I can think of right now.
Last edited by Akira Bond; 16th May 2013 at 06:44 AM.
Shinx or something.
The starters having elemental moves at lvl 5 got me thinking, what if we're meant to lose the first rival battle? I'm hoping for an item that serves the same function as the sacred ash, but at the expense of say 5 play coins. Surely they'll implement those into the game somehow. I'd love to have a backup plan other than flee to the last pokecenter when all your Pokemon faint in the field. I can see it being restricted against use say in gym battles, but losing that first rival battle could be saying "hey, its ok to white out. You can use this and keep going. First ones on me" kinda like a "continue" on an arcade game.