What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 183

Page 183 of 238 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Follow Icy Angel on Tumblr Visit Icy Angel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

I have to say I want Pokemon to show up depending on what time of the day it is. I also want another nice plotline to the story that has a lot of meaning to it, like Team Plasma. Team Galatic was nice, but I don't really understand why they did all those stuff in the games.
    I also want there to be a female rival for once- Bianca wasn't much for me. She reminds me too much of the DP rival, and the idea annoys me. Like Silver or Gary, I hope for her to be either mean or seriously annoying and make you actually want to battle her. If there's a male, I hope we can at least name him.
    If the game were turned into a manga, I also hope that the characters will be named after the games: X and Y. Even though that sounds silly, there's N, who, was named after an alphabet in the animation, the manga, and the games.
    There's not much more that I can ask for.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE THE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

IMHO that is an in-game rule and not a setting rule. If you want to introduce egg moves into a given species you NEED a female of that species.
    Sorry, but I don't really get what you were saying~ ^^' Were you disagreeing or...? (Sorry for my slowness).

You wondered about the 7-to-1 gender ratio.

First, when you breed Pokemon, it's the mother who determines the species of the baby. If you don't have a female, you can't breed more of that species (without a Ditto).

Second, if you want a baby Pokemon with exclusive egg moves, you need a female of that species (see above point) and a father who knows the desired move. If you only have a male and a Ditto, the baby will only get the move if the father knows it already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post

First, when you breed Pokemon, it's the mother who determines the species of the baby. If you don't have a female, you can't breed more of that species (without a Ditto).

Second, if you want a baby Pokemon with exclusive egg moves, you need a female of that species (see above point) and a father who knows the desired move. If you only have a male and a Ditto, the baby will only get the move if the father knows it already.
    This is probably getting off topic, but still, I'm sorry, I don't really follow. I know that stuff, yes, but what I was wondering was why Eevee was not more often female than male since it seems to be thought of a more girly than masculine by GAME FREAK themselves. I wasn't questioning the 7/1 ratio in a breeding sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

This is probably getting off topic, but still, I'm sorry, I don't really follow. I know that stuff, yes, but what I was wondering was why Eevee was not more often female than male since it seems to be thought of a more girly than masculine by GAME FREAK themselves. I wasn't questioning the 7/1 ratio in a breeding sense.
    Because it's most likely an attempt to keep it in that rare status. Smaller chances of being female means it won't be bred as easily, and the chances of breeding a perfect one will be even lesser. It's the same with the starter Pokemon and other Pokemon that GF seem to classify as 'rare'. I don't really it is a case over appearances, but simply an attempt of keeping a status.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    In the next game, I want to find some really cool pokemon when starting out on the routes instead of waiting until after the second or third gym to find some really cool and cute pokemon to train for your future party.
    That is, of course, subjective.
    - In Gold, once I had a Hoothoot on my team he more or less stayed there.
    - In Platinum, I've never taken that first Shinx off my team.
    - In W2, I picked up a Riolu as soon as possible and kept him on my team until near the end when I picked up a Mienfoo.
    I understand that. But in BW, you don't get to the good pokemon until you reach the second to third town. And in Sinnoh, there was a lot of pidove, that I got bored playing it for only a few hours.
    I agree. Ralts found early in RSE was a really good feature. I want useful pokemons appearing early again. Useful saying, pokemon that I'd absolutely capture.

Blog Entries

Because it's most likely an attempt to keep it in that rare status. Smaller chances of being female means it won't be bred as easily, and the chances of breeding a perfect one will be even lesser. It's the same with the starter Pokemon and other Pokemon that GF seem to classify as 'rare'. I don't really it is a case over appearances, but simply an attempt of keeping a status.
    Ahh, I see, that makes sense.

I would like to see a really nice story to it. Full of ups and downs. Both epic and sad moments that really give you feels. It would be cool if there was a girl rival for once, not like Bianca, but maybe kind of like Cynthia, in rival form. A complete badass of a girl character who has a strong team of Pokemon that you shouldn't underestimate. Of course to make this even better, you need an awesome soundtrack. Pokemon usually has some pretty sweet music and I'm looking forward to what they do with the X and Y soundtrack. I'd like to see more music like N's Farewell theme for sad moments. Also more happy music like the music that plays in Sunnyshore City in Platinum.

I'd also like to see new type combinations such as Psychic/Dark or Flying/Fighting. Also I'm hoping the Pseudo-Legendary of X & Y (assuming there will be one) isn't another Dragon type. Don't get me wrong, I like Dragon types but give it a break. Finally I'd like to say, keep the pre-evos and evos of old pokemon at a minimum, especially pre-evos. They are cute, but mostly lame and useless if you ask me, and are just filler because of the lack of creativity in my opinion.

I have some other ideas but they are minor things, I'll just end this by saying I hope they don't mess it up.
    SimH5 and Jenneta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Isamu's explanation is better then. Starters, fossils, gifts (Eevee, Riolu, Zorua), pretty much all of them have the same 7-to-1 ratio.

Blog Entries
    Follow Chime Nume On Twitter Add Chime Nume on Facebook Add Chime Nume on Google+
    Follow Chime Nume on Tumblr Visit Chime Nume's Youtube Channel

A kid prodigy as a professor. It's never happened before and by now I just want to see that.

An Angel Pokemon and a Devil Pokemon.

And last but not least a cameo of the Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn and Sinnoh elite four.
    mykalriley likes this.

Ever Grande City. The most amazing forum on the internet! Come on down and join EGC today!
    Banner made by me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by .Crystal View Post
    If there's a male, I hope we can at least name him.
    If the game were turned into a manga, I also hope that the characters will be named after the games: X and Y. Even though that sounds silly, there's N, who, was named after an alphabet in the animation, the manga, and the games.
    You can name the rival in every game. Remember all of those memes that say "So my son's name is DOUCHEBAG?"

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    You can name the rival in every game. Remember all of those memes that say "So my son's name is DOUCHEBAG?"
    Just reminding you of Brendan and May from Hoenn, and Cheren and Bianca from Unova. Correct would be "You can name the rival in MOST games." Jus' sayin'.

Follow Icy Angel on Tumblr Visit Icy Angel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Just reminding you of Brendan and May from Hoenn, and Cheren and Bianca from Unova. Correct would be "You can name the rival in MOST games." Jus' sayin'.
    Oh yeah, and Wally. Just a little note~
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE THE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Blog Entries

I would really love for some other region involvement post main-game play. That was one thing I really loved about GS/HGSS. Have it the same way to where you fight the gym leaders/elite four but have wayyy more side stuff to do in each city and town. I think this time around it could be utilized way better because of the amount of info that can be put on a 3ds cart compared to a ds cart.

Also like lots have said, I would love to see new type combos that broke out of the conventional combos we keep getting every gen. Plus if we get a new type or two that would also be great. The only thing with new types is the concern of throwing off how the type match ups are currently, but if they do it right then there shouldn't be a problem at all.

Lastly like .Crystal said I think pokemon appearing at certain times of the day could be a cool concept and, would for me at least, add a neat kind of gimmicky concept to trying to catch certain pokemon.
    Saudade

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The tutorials would be tolerable if we were the ones teaching another trainer. Like, how we taught Wally how to catch a pokemon in RSE? It showed that while we just received our starter, we already knew the basics of pokemon. Trivial, but I liked how they didn't treat us as complete rookies.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM