Page 177 of 238 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    I'm also definitely hoping that the regional Pokedex has only a small percentage of previous-gen Mons. Say, no more than 30%. To recap:
    - GSC Pokedex contained only 40% new Mons (including new evos of old Mons).
    - Hoenn Pokedex contained 66% new Mons -- the most of any new region (other than Unova).
    - Sinnoh Pokedex (as of Platinum) contains only 48% new Mons.
    - (BW1 Pokedex contained all G5 Mons).
    - BW2 Pokedex contains only 50% G5 Mons.

Since it's a new generation, the native, new-gen Pokemon need to be the primary things you find in the region. Sure, I don't mind seeing a few previous-gen fan favorites sprinkled here and there, but the majority of things you encounter should be all new. (The sole two things I hated about Johto? Zubats and Rattata. Zubats and Rattata everywhere.) It's one of the things I did ultimately end up liking about BW1 -- with no prev-gen Pokemon acquirable until the postgame you HAD to learn how to use them.
    The problem with that is that smaller regional dexes tend to lack variety (for example, DP's Sinnoh Dex was 150 Pokemon and only had one Fire type that wasn't a starter). Based on past regional dexes, it seems that you cannot get that variety with a regional dex of less than 200. Keeping in mind the fact that we usually get about 100-150 new Pokemon (usually on the lower end of that range), it would be unreasonable to ask for less than 30% old Pokemon without getting horribly balanced regional dexes like DP. In fact, if the game is large and varied enough, a 250-300 Pokemon regional dex would likely be necessary, and in that case it'd actually be more reasonable to see something more like 30% new Pokemon. Which would be perfectly fine, IMO, as long as no other gen makes up more of the regional dex.

As for trading Pokemon, I really like the Negotiations system introduced in G5 but I would like to see an expanded set of icons you can communicate. For example, if you can communicate a type label or Pokemon registered (seen) in your Pokedex to the other player to hint that you're looking to trade something specific. (It took me FOREVER to obtain a Vullaby in White 1 because I could only ":)" or ":(" whatever Pokemon the other player wanted to show me.)
    This is the main reason I don't use GTS Negotiations. The communication icons are horribly simplistic, amounting to little more than a yes or no system, and makes it extremely difficult to make any sort of deal with the other person.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What do I want in Generation 6 let's see I most definitely want some of the Pokémon Cries especially those from Generation's 1 and 2 to be redone or simply just changed completely. I don't know call me weird or whatnot but I think a Pokémon's Cry is something that should be unique to each and everyone of the Pokémon. Many of the Pokémon from Generation's 1 and 2 have very similar cries to the point where some will actually share the same exact cries like Charizard and Rhyhorn as well as Catepie and Goldeen plus many more. But I do also completely understand that there was only so much that could be done with 8-bit sounds and I'm not bashing but I think it's time for change. I mean why didn't Game Freak do this when Generation 3 came out it was the perfect opportunity but now there might be a chance that some negative feedback could occur if they did change them due to people being used to them for so long. Now tell me I am not the only one here who is atleast a bit bothered when you send a let's say an example Lilligant and you hear it's nice clean cry then the person battling you sends out a Parasect (which is similar to Mewtwo's) with it's ear popping cry which I personally hate or even Zubat who makes me want to grind my teeth. I just think it's weird that you send out two Pokémon let's say Golem and Gigalith and one of them still has a an 8-bit cry that doesn't match the era of gaming were in which is very annoying and the other a nice pristine cry. Plus with a Brand New Generation on the horizon with new critters and all-out 3D graphics you think they'd want everything to be updated. Also they can still keep the same tone of sound for the more memorable Pokémon Cries like Pikachu and still give us a fresh new clean cry.

I want a huge region especially because of the new 3DS features and please for the love Arceus make the placement of the routes between the new cities and towns non-linear I hated the way Unova was set up.

A long storyline and I mean long it's probably just me but I hate it when the story ends quickly. Plus another story post game when you beat the first would be nice too.

Anywhere between 115-(128)151 New Pokémon I know I know the even numbered generations always have less than this but I don't think it would be over kill if done right. Oh and if we got 128 it would be cool because the national dex would end on #777 and we know this generation will introduce #666 so why not but I know Game Freak might not take notice of these numbers to probably avoid any conflict with parents. But 151 could be nice because it would make an even total of 800 Pokémon know like I said I know the even numbered Generations always have less but they could hit us with a Curve Ball this time around which I would love.

I want a customizable National Pokédex yes I said it I know that Game Freak is no where near to organizing the current one we have so why not have us set it up the way we like and notice my problem is not with the regional dex of any region just the national one I freaking hate having evolutions separated from there families like Budew and Roserade are from Roselia as well as Pichu is from Pikachu and Raichu. Oh and the number you place them on the dex shows when you check there summaries on your Party or PC so PLEASE Game Freak make this happen I would be so grateful.

I really really really want the Pokéathlon to come back in Generation 6 instead of the crappy Pokémon Musical (no offense to anyone else who liked it this is just my opinion). The Pokéathlon was just pure fun and I was upset that they didn't keep it in the Generation 5 Games. Just try to imagine how great the Pokéathlon would look in 3D it would be just perfect.

The egg groups need some improvements just some things off the top of my head Nidorina and Nidoqueen should be able to lay eggs. Also this is just my opinion so please don't be upset but does anyone find this the least bit disturbing that Gothita can procreate I mean I don't know if it's me but I see a baby when I see Gothita I mean Smoochum is kind of similar and she can't lay eggs which I think is the correct thing so I think she should be categorized as a Baby Pokémon but where would that leave Solosis they're kind of counterparts or version exclusives so to say.

I for sure also want at least another Eeveelution or 2 possibly 3 (okay now I'm getting greedy ^_^). I just love Eeveelutions (as you can tell by my signature) and I would hate it if Sylveon were the only one this time around they've just always come in pairs since Generation 2 and forward. Though there is hope since in the X and Y Trailer when the Female Trainer is crossing the bridge there is a Golurk Statue with an Eevee on it's hand as well as a Palpitoad who is next to it and we all know that both of those guys have the Ground Typing so maybe a Ground Type Eeveelution is on the way just some hopeful way of thinking.

I know that there is little to no chance that this might actually happen but I would love and I mean love if they somehow managed to give us the Original Dragon. They were almost close with Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 when they gave us Black Kyurem and White Kyurem but just not all the way. Though I would ask my self would the Pokémon still be considered Kyurem or a completely new species it would be a first though if that did happen where you actually get a New Pokémon Species by just combining three separate species. I think it would still be Kyurem though just my thoughts because things might get a little complicated.

Something new for the Snubbull Family Line I feel like they get no love whatsoever. Either something like a split Evolution for Snubbull or an Evolution for Granbull that gains the Fighting Type would be great so it would be a Normal/Fighting Type which isn't that bad. An Evoution for one of my other faves Dunsparce this little guy is just begging for an Evolution and like many have said already make it a Normal/Dragon Type. I already have an EV Trained Dunsparce ready to evolve he has waited long enough so time is up ^_^

Some critters I would love to see be made into Pokémon are a Diving Beetle the perfect opportunity for a Bug/Water Type that actually keeps this typing through its evolutions. A Ring-tailed Lemur that's Normal/Ghost Type and the name Lemur did come from the Roman mythology that talks about Lemures which are specters or ghosts and Ring-tailed Lemur's are known to have very ghostly cries as well as very noiseless movements through the night. A Komodo Dragon Pseudo-legend that's Dragon/Poison Type I would loooooooove if Game Freak made this come true it would most definitely be on my team. A Colossal Squid Pokémon something to give Wailord a run for it's money in terms of size maybe also make it Water/Electric or Water/Dark since they do live so deep in the ocean. A Strawberry Crab one of the cutest crustaceans you'll ever see and actually very rare look it up if you have yet to see one. A real kangaroo Pokémon not the beast of the Pokémon that was Kangaskhan I predict maybe Fighting Type with something else. A Platypus that's Water/Poison if male and to give something special to the females Water/Psychic since the species does have great sonar in water. A Barreleye a fish with a see through skull it could possibly be another Water/Ghost Type but I would go as far as adding the Psychic Typing to it too look at how cool this thing is...

barreleye.jpg

For Fossil Pokémon I'd go for mammals this time around and they'd be based on the Smilodon (Saber toothed-cat) the biggest feline to ever walk the Earth that is known and the Dire Wolf the biggest canine to ever walk the Earth that is known. Who wouldn't love to have the ultimate form of feline and cannine on their team. I would like it if they wouldn't have to automatically have the Rock Typing added to them but that's probably a given. But as far as Typing goes for me maybe Ice/Fire for the Smilodon and Ice/Grass. They'd both have the Ice Typing because they both are from the era of the Ice Age. The Secondary Typings would have an explanation too for the Smilodon Fire because it is the element that is most associated with cats and the wolf would have Grass because wolves are always connected to Earth Element in stories so they both pretty much make sense. Also here's a face to face size display of the two...

dire-wolf-smilodon-size-comparison.jpg

Also one last thing before I finish up it's about the Monkey Trio (Pansage, Pansear, Panpour). Ok as some of you may or may not know Pansage, Pansear and, Panpour are based on the Three Wise Monkeys (Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil, See No Evil) and so it got me wondering will we see the last 2 Wise Monkeys in the next generation which represent Do No Evil and Think No Evil.

Here's a list of the monkeys Pansage, Pansear and, Panpour represent and which aspect of No Evil they are linked with...

1) Iwazaru which is the Monkey of Speak No Evil is represented by Pansage.

2) Kikazaru which is the Monkey of Hear No Evil is represented by Pansear.

3) Mizaru which is the Monkey of See No Evil is represented by Panpour.

and the last 2 which have yet to be represented are...

4) Shizaru which is the Monkey of Do No Evil is yet to be represented.

5) (Unnamed) which is the Monkey of Think No Evil is yet to be represented. (Note the 5th Monkey doesn't have a name)

So do you think it's possible and if so what Type's would you give them I would go for Dark and Psychic.

I don't know but I think were in for the biggest surprise this Generation not only in terms of Pokémon but also in terms of Story and in Game Mechanics too. It will most definitely leave it's mark on the Main Series of Pokémon Games for Future Generations to come. These games couldn't come anytime sooner ^_^
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 13th April 2013 at 12:49 PM.
    SimH5 likes this.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

I think a Do No Evil monkey is likely considering how much Gamefreak seemed to like those monkeys. If I had to guess its type I'd say Electric type, since it's the closest type that can fit into the elemental theme the monkeys have going on.

Blog Entries

Jeez Snubbull Lover 777. And I thought I had a huge list of things I wanted for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    What do I want in Generation 6 let's see I most definitely want some of the Pokémon Cries especially those from Generation's 1 and 2 to be redone or simply just changed completely. I don't know call me weird or whatnot but I think a Pokémon's Cry is something that should be unique to each and everyone of the Pokémon. Many of the Pokémon from Generation's 1 and 2 have very similar cries to the point where some will actually share the same exact cries like Charizard and Rhyhorn as well as Catepie and Goldeen plus many more. But I do also completely understand that there was only so much that could be done with 8-bit sounds and I'm not bashing but I think it's time for change. I mean why didn't Game Freak do this when Generation 3 came out it was the perfect opportunity but now there might be a chance that some negative feedback could occur if they did change them due to people being used to them for so long. Now tell me I am not the only one here who is atleast a bit bothered when you send a let's say an example Lilligant and you hear it's nice clean cry then the person battling you sends out a Parasect (which is similar to Mewtwo's) with it's ear popping cry which I personally hate or even Zubat who makes me want to grind my teeth. I just think it's weird that you send out two Pokémon let's say Golem and Gigalith and one of them still has a an 8-bit cry that doesn't match the era of gaming were in which is very annoying and the other a nice pristine cry. Plus with a Brand New Generation on the horizon with new critters and all-out 3D graphics you think they'd want everything to be updated. Also they can still keep the same tone of sound for the more memorable Pokémon Cries like Pikachu and still give us a fresh new clean cry.

I want a huge region especially because of the new 3DS features and please for the love Arceus make the placement of the routes between the new cities and towns non-linear I hated the way Unova was set up.

A long storyline and I mean long it's probably just me but I hate it when the story ends quickly. Plus another story post game when you beat the first would be nice too.

Anywhere between 115-(128)151 New Pokémon I know I know the even numbered generations always have less than this but I don't think it would be over kill if done right. Oh and if we got 128 it would be cool because the national dex would end on #777 and we know this generation will introduce #666 so why not but I know Game Freak might not take notice of these numbers to probably avoid any conflict with parents. But 151 could be nice because it would make an even total of 800 Pokémon know like I said I know the even numbered Generations always have less but they could hit us with a Curve Ball this time around which I would love.

I know that there is little to no chance that this might actually happen but I would love and I mean love if they somehow managed to give us the Original Dragon. They were almost close with Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 when they gave us Black Kyurem and White Kyurem but just not all the way. Though I would ask my self would the Pokémon still be considered Kyurem or a completely new species it would be a first though if that did happen where you actually get a New Pokémon Species by just combining three separate species. I think it would still be Kyurem though just my thoughts because things might get a little complicated.
    Agreed on all of this.

I want a customizable National Pokédex yes I said it I know that Game Freak is no where near to organizing the current one we have so why not have us set it up the way we like and notice my problem is not with the regional dex of any region just the national one I freaking hate having evolutions separated from there families like Budew and Roserade are from Roselia as well as Pichu is from Pikachu and Raichu. Oh and the number you place them on the dex shows when you check there summaries on your Party or PC so PLEASE Game Freak make this happen I would be so grateful.
    They should just bring back Evolution Mode for the National Dex from GSC to solve the cross gen evolution problem. Anything more than that is pointless.

The egg groups need some improvements just some things off the top of my head Nidorina and Nidoqueen should be able to lay eggs. Also this is just my opinion so please don't be upset but does anyone find this the least bit disturbing that Gothita can procreate I mean I don't know if it's me but I see a baby when I see Gothita I mean Smoochum is kind of similar and she can't lay eggs which I think is the correct thing so I think she should be categorized as a Baby Pokémon but where would that leave Solosis they're kind of counterparts or version exclusives so to say.
    The Nidorina/Nidoqueen thing I can get behind, it's really stupid and pointless especially when NidoranF is fully capable of breeding. As for the Gothita thing, they should just make Baby Pokemon breedable, there's no real point in restricting them.

Also one last thing before I finish up it's about the Monkey Trio (Pansage, Pansear, Panpour). Ok as some of you may or may not know Pansage, Pansear and, Panpour are based on the Three Wise Monkeys (Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil, See No Evil) and so it got me wondering will we see the last 2 Wise Monkeys in the next generation which represent Do No Evil and Think No Evil.

Here's a list of the monkeys Pansage, Pansear and, Panpour represent and which aspect of No Evil they are linked with...

1) Iwazaru which is the Monkey of Speak No Evil is represented by Pansage.

2) Kikazaru which is the Monkey of Hear No Evil is represented by Pansear.

3) Mizaru which is the Monkey of See No Evil is represented by Panpour.

and the last 2 which have yet to be represented are...

4) Shizaru which is the Monkey of Do No Evil is yet to be represented.

5) (Unnamed) which is the Monkey of Think No Evil is yet to be represented. (Note the 5th Monkey doesn't have a name)

So do you think it's possible and if so what Type's would you give them I would go for Dark and Psychic.
    Interesting. I did not know that the Monkey trio represents the "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil". However, it does not make sense to make one of them Dark, since in Japan, Dark IS Evil. They should make the other two Fighting and Psychic respectively.

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

Yeah,maybe a physic type

I HATE MYSELF!

Blog Entries

Here's an interesting thought: Weather patterns.
    I liked the seasons, but weather has never been played realistically.

Of course the desert would still be in constant sandstorm
    But rain or strong sunlight (or winter hail) could pass left-to-right through the region on random days
    And there'd be a TV channel/Gear app showing the radar and forecast

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post

But rain or strong sunlight (or winter hail) could pass left-to-right through the region on random days
    Yeah,random,instead of an 100% rain in rainstorm....maybe some more RNG.Also,id like clouds. :()

I HATE MYSELF!

This is what I want too. Maybe there could be ash rain or something if you were to go near a volcano or something. Maybe small tycloons could be available like in the big oceans and you would have to use an attack to go around or through.

They need to bring HM Dive back. I want to see what's on the sea floors again.

Plus if they can make some kind of cell phone device again to call trainers and such would be cool again.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 19th April 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Weather patterns would be preferable to seasons anyway since they'd be much shorter (following weekly patterns instead of monthly ones), and can do all of the same things seasons can.

Tickler of the Ivories

I'm not that demanding of Gen VI. All I want is the ability to walk with my Pokemon. I loved Yellow, Heartgold and Soulsilver for this, but walking with Pokemon in 3-D would be much better.

I'd like to be able to transfer pokemon directly from Gen IV to Gen VI.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Quote Originally Posted by PianoManGibb View Post
    I'm not that demanding of Gen VI. All I want is the ability to walk with my Pokemon. I loved Yellow, Heartgold and Soulsilver for this, but walking with Pokemon in 3-D would be much better.
    With 3D it might even be easier to implement too. No need to make a separate sprite anymore. Just a walking animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The problem with that is that smaller regional dexes tend to lack variety (for example, DP's Sinnoh Dex was 150 Pokemon and only had one Fire type that wasn't a starter). Based on past regional dexes, it seems that you cannot get that variety with a regional dex of less than 200. Keeping in mind the fact that we usually get about 100-150 new Pokemon (usually on the lower end of that range), it would be unreasonable to ask for less than 30% old Pokemon without getting horribly balanced regional dexes like DP. In fact, if the game is large and varied enough, a 250-300 Pokemon regional dex would likely be necessary, and in that case it'd actually be more reasonable to see something more like 30% new Pokemon. Which would be perfectly fine, IMO, as long as no other gen makes up more of the regional dex.
    Point taken. However...

Far as I'm concerned, whatever route(s) connect to your starting hometown should include ONLY Pokemon from the new gen. When I take my first steps west out of New Bark Town, I don't want my first battles of the new generation to be against previous-gen Pidgeys and Rattata. I want them to be against fresh faces I've never seen before and don't have any pre-existing opinions on (Pidgey = catch, Rattata = KO, Zubat = kill it with fire). This is the player's first impression of the new region's Mons, they gotta take center stage!

Hoenn did that (Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Taillow, Wurmple).
    Sinnoh did that (Bidoof, Starly, Kricketot, Shinx).
    Even BW2 did that (Patrat, Purrloin).

So maybe Johto's just a unique case -- it was right next door to Kanto after all ... but as far as I'm concerned you should be seeing at least 80% new species up through your first Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This is the main reason I don't use GTS Negotiations. The communication icons are horribly simplistic, amounting to little more than a yes or no system, and makes it extremely difficult to make any sort of deal with the other person.
    Yeah, it is. I had to :( like 100 Pokemon before somebody offered a Vullaby (and the fact you can't even get a sighting of one in W1 meant you couldn't mention it on your Trainer card either), and even then it took two or three tries before I found somebody willing to actually go through with the trade offer.

Speaking of GTS trading, it would be nice if you could see just a little more info about the trainer you're about to trade with beyond their name and # trades. Stuff like # Gym badges or # Pokemon seen in their Dex would really help give you a general impression of what they might be looking for. (You do get to see an abstract view of their PC box contents, but that's it. So e.g. if I see a person with only 1 box full, if even that, I'm probably not going to offer anything out-of-region. Maybe an Eevee or Zorua, or an Unova fossil, but....)

As far as G6 battling. I like the premise of setting all player's Mons to Lv.50 (or 100) as a rule, helps level the playing field when the team's actual levels might otherwise be different (and conveniently puts the kibosh on some strategies that rely on level discrepancies, like FEAR). But I would love to see some kind of spendable allowance where you can raise or lower the level of your Mons by a slight amount (like there was in Stadium; sure the Poke Cup was Lv.50 but you had an "extra" five levels between the three you could use for a higher-level Mon).

Or failing that, an option that scales your Mons to some kind of average (maybe a root-mean-squared) of the desired level but preserves their levels relative to each other. So e.g. if I have a three-Mon team with Lv.5 (a trainee), Lv.30, and Lv.31, their RMS is Lv.25 or so, so when scaled to Lv.50 the team would be Lv.10, Lv.60, Lv.62 . (Hmm, maybe a root-mean-quad would more accurately reflect their in-battle strength....)

And the penalty for losing to an in-game NPC. Why count # of Gym badges? How about it just plain sums the levels of all Pokemon in your team and uses that as a multiplier for how much you lose. So if you have a team of six, you'll lose twice as much as you would with a team of three at the same levels.

Now on to the subject of the National Pokedex. Unfortunately the NP is defined as "official series ordering" and there's no way to change that. It does seem strange that you can get your National Pokedex Diploma for "completing" a Pokedex when there are clearly holes (Mew, Celebi, etc.) in the listing.

So I agree there should be some (insert-name-here) Pokedex ordering that lists Pokemon according to their National ordering with the exception of:
    1 - All members of an evolution family are listed in a contiguous block -- we know Eevee's 8+ evolutions are scattered across four generations now.
    2 - Lists all event-exclusive legendary Pokemon in a contiguous block separate from the rest of the Pokedex (perhaps at the end of the listing, or possibly as a separate mode entirely) -- so there are no "holes" left over when you get your Diploma.

...for that matter, what if event legendaries got their own Pokedex mode? They're not listed in the Regional mode or the semi-national mode described above at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    They need to bring HM Dive back. I want to see what's on the sea floors again.
    Agreed that diving in the oceans around Hoenn and exploring underwater routes was totally fun. Abyssal Ruins just doesn't hold a candle to that.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 13th April 2013 at 09:17 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

2 new type of Pokemon-

-Space Pokemon : Pokemon that come's from Space and dwell on Space !

-Dimensional Pokemon : Pokemon that can travel to one dimension/Universe to another dimension/Universe !

We can also have Antagonist that came from another Parallel Universe and want to invade the Player universe.

Blog Entries

Point taken. However...

Far as I'm concerned, whatever route(s) connect to your starting hometown should include ONLY Pokemon from the new gen. When I take my first steps west out of New Bark Town, I don't want my first battles of the new generation to be against previous-gen Pidgeys and Rattata. I want them to be against fresh faces I've never seen before and don't have any pre-existing opinions on (Pidgey = catch, Rattata = KO, Zubat = kill it with fire). This is the player's first impression of the new region's Mons, they gotta take center stage!

Hoenn did that (Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Taillow, Wurmple).
    Sinnoh did that (Bidoof, Starly, Kricketot, Shinx).
    Even BW2 did that (Patrat, Purrloin).

So maybe Johto's just a unique case -- it was right next door to Kanto after all ... but as far as I'm concerned you should be seeing at least 80% new species up through your first Gym.
    BW2 may have started out with just Patrats and Purrloins on Rt. 19, but once you got to Rt. 20 and Floccesy Ranch, there were a ton of past gen Pokemon there, and they were very welcome additions to those areas IMO. I think it depends on the circumstances, but having new Pokemon take the spotlight until around the first or second gym is pretty reasonable.

Speaking of GTS trading, it would be nice if you could see just a little more info about the trainer you're about to trade with beyond their name and # trades. Stuff like # Gym badges or # Pokemon seen in their Dex would really help give you a general impression of what they might be looking for. (You do get to see an abstract view of their PC box contents, but that's it. So e.g. if I see a person with only 1 box full, if even that, I'm probably not going to offer anything out-of-region. Maybe an Eevee or Zorua, or an Unova fossil, but....)
    I don't really feel that kind of stuff is necessary. I think what we really need is more info on the Pokemon offered, not the trainer offering it. They should let you view the Pokemon's Summary page (not sure if you can already do this in Negotiations, I was referring to standard GTS trading), that way if you're picky about things like stats, natures, and movesets, you can examine such things. Furthermore, it allows you to more easily determine whether or not the Pokemon offered is hacked.

Now on to the subject of the National Pokedex. Unfortunately the NP is defined as "official series ordering" and there's no way to change that. It does seem strange that you can get your National Pokedex Diploma for "completing" a Pokedex when there are clearly holes (Mew, Celebi, etc.) in the listing.

So I agree there should be some (insert-name-here) Pokedex ordering that lists Pokemon according to their National ordering with the exception of:
    1 - All members of an evolution family are listed in a contiguous block -- we know Eevee's 8+ evolutions are scattered across four generations now.
    2 - Lists all event-exclusive legendary Pokemon in a contiguous block separate from the rest of the Pokedex (perhaps at the end of the listing, or possibly as a separate mode entirely) -- so there are no "holes" left over when you get your Diploma.

...for that matter, what if event legendaries got their own Pokedex mode? They're not listed in the Regional mode or the semi-national mode described above at all.
    I'm thinking "Evolutionary mode" in the National Dex should work something like this:

1. All starters are displayed at the beginning (IDK if they should organize it by type or by region, though).
    2. All other non legendary Pokemon in a generation are displayed by region (so then it would be all 1st gen nonlegendaries, then all 2nd gen nonlegendaries, etc.)
    3. New evolutions and pre-evolutions will be included with the earliest appearing member of their evolutionary line (example: Elekid and Electivire will appear in the 1st gen section)
    4. All legendaries will appear at the end of the dex, organized by region (with exceptions to Pokemon of different generations that are directly related, for instance Regigigas would be displayed with the other Regis).
    5. All event legendaries will appear at the end of the legendaries section.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 14th April 2013 at 11:33 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM