What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 169

Page 169 of 238 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

In regards to nicknames, I do think it would be a good idea to reassign the "parental guardian," if you will, of a pokemon upon being transferred. Like, if my pokemon's OT in Black is Monty, then any pkmn sent to my Gen VI game with that same OT can be renamed. It'd be like connecting different generations to the same person playing them...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post
    In regards to nicknames, I do think it would be a good idea to reassign the "parental guardian," if you will, of a pokemon upon being transferred. Like, if my pokemon's OT in Black is Monty, then any pkmn sent to my Gen VI game with that same OT can be renamed. It'd be like connecting different generations to the same person playing them...
    Like, connecting two games so you can both share the same OT/ID so you can rename your Pokemon traded from your other game?

EDIT: Does this count as double posting?

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Like, connecting two games so you can both share the same OT/ID so you can rename your Pokemon traded from your other game?

That's sort of what I mean, but not having to change the OT. Like, both those OTs are yours. Does that even make sense outside my brain?

Blog Entries

That's sort of what I mean, but not having to change the OT. Like, both those OTs are yours. Does that even make sense outside my brain?
    Yes, it does. :)

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1. I hate the "not being able to nickname traded Pokemon" thing too. But, if Pokemon wants to keep the whole "bonding" theme, maybe if a traded Pokemon is at max friendship, you can rename it, as your bond to it is close enough for you to rename it.
    You're not the first person to suggest that, but yes, that's a good compromise.

3. Isn't there a map for that? They can just make the map more detailed. Boom.
    It's not just about finding your way around the map, most of the problems come from having to talk to the right people at the right time. For instance, when I first played Pearl, I got lost real easily after the 6th gym because I didn't know how to get Strength. I didn't really feel like going through Lost Tower, and while I did talk to the NPC who told you you have to go there, I didn't really pay him much attention and quickly forgot about him. Thing is, they didn't really hint that well enough. The problem is you get Strength long before you need it, and if you finally get to the point where you need it after having skipped it, there's nothing telling you to go back there and you're left with no clue where to look.

Anyway, through this system, if you ever get lost for whatever reason, the device would essentially remind you of what you're supposed to do next, kind of like in Metroidvania style games (they tell you where to go and what you're supposed to do, but not how to get there). I suppose they could also just give better hints from NPCs, but I feel adding a key item for this would be a more kid friendly solution.

Maybe, but I'm not sure that idea would work. What if you decide to give your game to someone else?

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Changing the names of traded pokémon, hell yes, ''respecting the previous trainer's wishes'', my ass, why would I respect a trainer who named their Milotic ''Uglyfk''?

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

I want the maturity of storyline and characters to continue to develop that was really concreted in Black and White. The fact that Bianca and Cheren faced life changing realizations throughout their journeys, N and Ghetsis had this shocker of a history, and...this might not agree with others but...

Ghetsis trying to ACTUALLY off the trainer who was causing him trouble. Woah, I got a chill when that happened. It was actually...believable for a game that gets its image from a yellow rat with red cheeks that is a living telsa coil. I would like to see the villians be...villianous in this Gen. 6. Not the campiness of Galactic, or the stupidity of Magma and Aqua (really, couldn't tell the different of the Orbs?), or the...well, lameness that really was Team Rocket. Their leader - a self-styled mafioso - loses to a ten year old boy...then calls it quits? "Welp, that little kid bested my plans...I think...I'm gonna just disappear for a while, maybe emotionally scar my son too. Yeah." To me that's why Ghetsis brought a new level of evil to Pokemon bosses. He really just said, "Screw a fair battle to decide our outcomes, Rosa, I'm just gonna kill you instead. Byes now~!"

I really wanna see the bad guys continue to be really bad. Not like the "bad guys" that the 80's cartoons - like Slithe and the Mutants - started. I don't mean make them go around killing people and stuff, but be at least believable as villains. That's really the big thing I ask for.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    1. I hate the "not being able to nickname traded Pokemon" thing too. But, if Pokemon wants to keep the whole "bonding" theme, maybe if a traded Pokemon is at max friendship, you can rename it, as your bond to it is close enough for you to rename it.
    You're not the first person to suggest that, but yes, that's a good compromise.

3. Isn't there a map for that? They can just make the map more detailed. Boom.
    It's not just about finding your way around the map, most of the problems come from having to talk to the right people at the right time. For instance, when I first played Pearl, I got lost real easily after the 6th gym because I didn't know how to get Strength. I didn't really feel like going through Lost Tower, and while I did talk to the NPC who told you you have to go there, I didn't really pay him much attention and quickly forgot about him. Thing is, they didn't really hint that well enough. The problem is you get Strength long before you need it, and if you finally get to the point where you need it after having skipped it, there's nothing telling you to go back there and you're left with no clue where to look.

Anyway, through this system, if you ever get lost for whatever reason, the device would essentially remind you of what you're supposed to do next, kind of like in Metroidvania style games (they tell you where to go and what you're supposed to do, but not how to get there). I suppose they could also just give better hints from NPCs, but I feel adding a key item for this would be a more kid friendly solution.

Maybe, but I'm not sure that idea would work. What if you decide to give your game to someone else?
    1. Oh.
    2. That's why walkthoughs were invented and you don't really need to find things in the main game anymore, unless you're trying to get everything in the game without using Serebii.net or Bulbapedia. But kids without/not old enough to use/that don't want to use internet could benefit from this, along with the fact that it wastes time. This could be the best idea you've said yet.
    3. They delete your save file because they want to start the game fresh. Duh.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by RemainsToLinger View Post
    I want the maturity of storyline and characters to continue to develop that was really concreted in Black and White. The fact that Bianca and Cheren faced life changing realizations throughout their journeys, N and Ghetsis had this shocker of a history, and...this might not agree with others but...

Ghetsis trying to ACTUALLY off the trainer who was causing him trouble. Woah, I got a chill when that happened. It was actually...believable for a game that gets its image from a yellow rat with red cheeks that is a living telsa coil. I would like to see the villians be...villianous in this Gen. 6. Not the campiness of Galactic, or the stupidity of Magma and Aqua (really, couldn't tell the different of the Orbs?), or the...well, lameness that really was Team Rocket. Their leader - a self-styled mafioso - loses to a ten year old boy...then calls it quits? "Welp, that little kid bested my plans...I think...I'm gonna just disappear for a while, maybe emotionally scar my son too. Yeah." To me that's why Ghetsis brought a new level of evil to Pokemon bosses. He really just said, "Screw a fair battle to decide our outcomes, Rosa, I'm just gonna kill you instead. Byes now~!"

I really wanna see the bad guys continue to be really bad. Not like the "bad guys" that the 80's cartoons - like Slithe and the Mutants - started. I don't mean make them go around killing people and stuff, but be at least believable as villains. That's really the big thing I ask for.
    This is not relevant at all, but are you a girl? You're apparently genderless, according to your profile picture (I'm assuming Porygon means you don't want to share your gender) and you said Rosa. Is that an example...?

Am I starting to sound creepy?

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

This is not relevant at all, but are you a girl? You're apparently genderless, according to your profile picture (I'm assuming Porygon means you don't want to share your gender) and you said Rosa. Is that an example...?

Kekeke, I also said "loses to a ten year old boy". Sooooo, mystery mystery mystery~!

I will grant you that Red is canon though. And nothing is wrong with questions, it's how we get to understanding. The problem here is getting a straight answer.
    Last edited by RemainsToLinger; 24th March 2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Blog Entries

Kekeke, I also said "loses to a ten year old boy". Sooooo, mystery mystery mystery~!

I will grant you that Red is canon though. And nothing is wrong with questions, it's how we get to understanding. The problem here is getting a straight answer.
    I like pancakes. "F
    TRANSLATION:
    OK. (:<D}

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Another thing I would like that I'm not sure has been mentioned is, when you're in a battle and your health is low they should replace the annoying beeping with a more intense or dramatic type of music instead!

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Dan View Post
    Another thing I would like that I'm not sure has been mentioned is, when you're in a battle and your health is low they should replace the annoying beeping with a more intense or dramatic type of music instead!
    They did that in Black and White...

I'll list the things I would like. I'll probably edit later.
    - The option to re-nickname traded Pokémon with the permission of the trader.
    - The ability to buy drinks from the drink machines in bundles instead of one at a time or another place to get drinks in bundles.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Just thought of something else I'd like to see. The return of ball capsules. I liked the feature and I don't know why they gor rid of it. I'd love to see it in 3D.
    I also wondered if we'd be seeing any new Poke Balls this gen. Technically we haven't had any new ones since gen 4 since the Dream Ball was only usable in the Dream World. I think it would be nice to have some new Pokeballs. though I'm not sure what their effects would be.

Generation V introduced something I always wanted, Gym Leaders getting more spotlight. A lot more gym leaders were given more roles in the main story rather than being a lonely NPC stuck in their gym. In Black and White, all (save for the Striation trio) the gym leaders went and fought the Seven Sages. In Black and White 2, there's Cheren, Marlon, Skyla, and some others I might be forgetting. Cheren helped quite a bit, Marlon opened the Plasma Frigate, and Skyla brought us to Lentimas. Although some of them were given one-shot scenes, they still had more of a role than what previous games gave to other gym leaders.

Now, what I want in Generation VI, is that Pokemon would expand on these skilled Pokemon trainers rather than someone that you crush just for a badge. They are an important part of the game, why not give them some more love? :3

On a less serious note, I want them to bring back interaction similar to Curtis or Nancy. Thanks~
    Dragonfyre and Shane Neumann like this.
    "I never get tired of this view." -Nancy

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM