Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skaraflame View Post
    Second... please, no. We don't need Gamefreak defining for us which Pokemon are equal in worth to which. Just ban the illegal level-9-and-unders.
    All I mean by that is like, when you put up a basic un-evolved Pokemon, you can only ask for Pokemon that are also basic un-evolved. Same with stage 1, or stage 2 or whatever. If that won't work, legendaries for legendaries and shiny for shiny would be a fine restriction.
    That's still an unnecessary limitation. And it's perfectly possible that a player might think a given evolved Pokemon has the same worth as a given unevolved one, and a legendary the same worth as a non-legendary, especially if all they're trying to do is complete their Pokedex. There's absolutely no reason to limit GTS requests like that.
    It'd just make unfair trades impossible. You'd think Game Freak could trust the players... But there should be some restriction, as in to prevent people asking for a Darkrai or Dragonite for their Magikarp.

Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" -Serebii

destroyer of worlds kingdragon33's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Second... please, no. We don't need Gamefreak defining for us which Pokemon are equal in worth to which. Just ban the illegal level-9-and-unders.
    All I mean by that is like, when you put up a basic un-evolved Pokemon, you can only ask for Pokemon that are also basic un-evolved. Same with stage 1, or stage 2 or whatever. If that won't work, legendaries for legendaries and shiny for shiny would be a fine restriction.
    That's still an unnecessary limitation. And it's perfectly possible that a player might think a given evolved Pokemon has the same worth as a given unevolved one, and a legendary the same worth as a non-legendary, especially if all they're trying to do is complete their Pokedex. There's absolutely no reason to limit GTS requests like that.
    It'd just make unfair trades impossible. You'd think Game Freak could trust the players... But there should be some restriction, as in to prevent people asking for a Darkrai or Dragonite for their Magikarp.
    Maybe they really need a magikarp for their pokedex, or really like it, and don't need or don't want darkrai or dragonite and are willing to trade, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kingdragon's got it. Players will all place their own value on the Pokemon they trade. Gamefreak telling everyone what they should what in exchange for a given Pokemon will cut down on GTS trolling (though the main problem still lies with outright impossible offers rather than simply unreasonable ones), but it'll also cut out a lot of legitimate trade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Meophist On Twitter

I want to see the poison status reduce either defense or special defense like how burn lowers attack or paralysis lowers speed. Frozen can lower the other defense, while sleep lowers special attack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Best way to filter GTS? If the person hasn't come to check if the trade has happened for X amount of days, then the trade offer no longer appears in the trade offer until they log into the GTS again.

What's the advantage to this?
    1. Legitimate traders will check to see if their Pokemon are being traded on a regular basis.
    2. If a Pokemon has been traded, but the person forgets to check, the offer won't appear online anymore since its already been accepted.
    3. It forces trolls to be really effortful in order to keep trolling. Eventually, it won't be worth the effort to keep your trade on the front page.

With 100% more GUNFACE! Silverwynde's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just ban the illegal level-9-and-unders.
    This. Seriously just this.

If I can't ask for a male Latias, I shouldn't be able to request a level 9 and under Golurk. It just shouldn't happen. As to why this hasn't been fixed yet I have no clue but I'd love to see it gone in Gen VI.
    Autobots, transform and party down!
    Don't believe the lies.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
    I want to see the poison status reduce either defense or special defense like how burn lowers attack or paralysis lowers speed. Frozen can lower the other defense, while sleep lowers special attack.
    I'd think it would make sense for poison to lower special attack, ice to lower defense and sleep to lower special defense. Or possible switch ice and sleep. Cuz what would be the point of sleep lowering special attack? Very few pokemon attack whilst asleep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadButterfree View Post
    I'd think it would make sense for poison to lower special attack, ice to lower defense and sleep to lower special defense. Or possible switch ice and sleep. Cuz what would be the point of sleep lowering special attack? Very few pokemon attack whilst asleep.
    I was thinking in terms of what the statuses are generally best at. Burn and Paralysis is effective against attackers, so they harm stats that attackers are good against(or in Burn's case, that's why it's good against attackers). Toxic is good at wearing down defensive Pokémon, so lowering their defense would be more synergenic.

I suppose lowering Special Attack would be good for making Poison-types better defensive Pokémon, but at the same time... Fire-types have an advantage on the offense due to having immunity to Burn; but since Poison-types are rarely a special attacker type of Pokémon, having immunity to Poison doesn't help them as much. They are often defensive Pokémon, so if Poison reduces a defense, then Poison-types become better at that due to being immune to it.

Special Attack drop for Sleep generally isn't needed; that was mostly to round out the stat lowering. I suppose that's not quite a good enough reason; it'll unnecessarily hurt Sleep Talk Milotic, for example.

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heatmor C. Dawson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Gengar's Pokédex entry says the following:

-A Gengar is close by if you feel a sudden chill. It may be trying to lay a curse on you.

-It steals heat from its surroundings. If you feel a sudden chill, it is certain that a Gengar appeared.

-Hiding in people's shadows at night, it absorbs their heat. The chill it causes makes the victims shake.

-It hides in shadows. It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees F.

Therefore, I think Gengar should be able to learn Ice Beam and Blizzard.
    Maybe we could have Cold Wave, an Ice version of Heat Wave. 10% Freeze? Hits all adjacent targets? 100 power? I like.
    A move like this with different distribution to Ice Beam/Blizzard would be great, but I think they should call it Cold Snap, which is the general term used for the opposite of a heat wave.

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatmor C. Dawson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Gengar's Pokédex entry says the following:

-A Gengar is close by if you feel a sudden chill. It may be trying to lay a curse on you.

-It steals heat from its surroundings. If you feel a sudden chill, it is certain that a Gengar appeared.

-Hiding in people's shadows at night, it absorbs their heat. The chill it causes makes the victims shake.

-It hides in shadows. It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees F.

Therefore, I think Gengar should be able to learn Ice Beam and Blizzard.
    Maybe we could have Cold Wave, an Ice version of Heat Wave. 10% Freeze? Hits all adjacent targets? 100 power? I like.
    A move like this with different distribution to Ice Beam/Blizzard would be great, but I think they should call it Cold Snap, which is the general term used for the opposite of a heat wave.
    Makes sense to me. I just want to see more decent Ice-type moves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Interesting ideas but I think that sleep lowering Special Attack would be kinda pointless since you can't attack while you're asleep, unless you use Snore and Sleep Talk, and this change would handicap those two moves quite a bit. Unless you mean that the stat drop stayed even after waking up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Freeze lowering a defense stat wouldn't make much sense, honestly. I mean, the Pokemon is encased in a block of ice that's solid enough to keep it immobile for an extended period of time. If anything you'd think that'd reduce the damage done to it. Given that it's generally considered the most crippling status condition as is, I don't think an additional stat drop is really necessary, either. ... Unless you make it lower special attack so that any special fire-type moves used to break out will do less damage to the target, but that seems kinda silly.

Poison and sleep lowering a defense stat each could work, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of having everything drop a stat due to symmetry, but I suppose that's not really needed. Primarily, I think Poison lowering a stat would be a good idea; would make Poison and Steel-types better at defense due to being immune to the status, which is their specialty anyways.

Since Paralysis lowers a stat by an effective 4 stages, and Burn does so by an effective 2 stages, I think Poison can do so by an effective 1 stage to keep the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Best way to filter GTS? If the person hasn't come to check if the trade has happened for X amount of days, then the trade offer no longer appears in the trade offer until they log into the GTS again.

1. Legitimate traders will check to see if their Pokemon are being traded on a regular basis.
    Uh, no. What about traders with work/school/social life commitments? Or traders who don't have reliable internet access 24/7? Are we illegitimate just because we can't get to the GTS as often as we'd like? Do we deserve to miss out just because we might be unable to meet the 'deadline' and check in every so often?

There's a reason why the strict gym leader calling schedule in HGSS and the shrinking of Black City/White Forest in BW if you didn't complete the game in time was so unpopular - it effectively punishes players for having a life. I don't want to see the GTS go the same way.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post

Uh, no. What about traders with work/school/social life commitments? Or traders who don't have reliable internet access 24/7? Are we illegitimate just because we can't get to the GTS as often as we'd like? Do we deserve to miss out just because we might be unable to meet the 'deadline' and check in every so often?

There's a reason why the strict gym leader calling schedule in HGSS and the shrinking of Black City/White Forest in BW if you didn't complete the game in time was so unpopular - it effectively punishes players for having a life. I don't want to see the GTS go the same way.
    No one ever said you'd have to check hourly or anything. Once every 3-4 weeks should be fine

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc