Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3563
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

A quest log of sorts would be useful. It could list the main story objective incase someone gets lost or stuck (I remember my first time back in Diamond I was often unsure where I needed to go next because the region wasn't "linear") and update it as you progress of course.

It could also list all the sidequests you are given, no matter how minor, once you have spoken to the person at least once. Some such as just buying the berries from the girl on Route 5 daily, or rematching Cynthia, getting a fossil from the fossil guy, beating Black Tower/White Tree etc. Just to give some direction, because I often find myself having to sit with the laptop open to find out all the things I can do daily/weekly/post-game/etc because even though I've already spoken to the person times before, I just can't remember everything when there's that many little things to do and collect.

I'll probably have more ideas once I think about it more, but the last few days playing B2W2 and not being able to know what stuff I can without either trawling the entire region again or having to look it up online make me think that a Journal that records objectives, quests, missions, whatever would be really handy and useful.
    Nyx and El_ like this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Yeah a quest log would be good, but only if they go full tilt and put in a mission guild. Would work like final fantasy 12 combined with the hidden grottoes. Story wise it could also work too if you think about it. Rare Pokemon the guild hunts would be out of region mon that somehow appeared there, either by way of a trainer releasing them or something. They would either be rare encounters in wild grass, or hard to reach hidden grottoes. Even better would be some kind of trainer ranking system as well inside the guild, with guild members battling you along the way till your number 1 of the guild. I'm also pretty sure I went too far, and this will never implemented.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko Hasano View Post
    @PrettyVenomoth: I seriously don't see how any of the Pokemon even remotely look like Digimon. They all look like Pokemon to me, and I've always found this argument to be an odd one. This is perhaps the weirdest argument that anyone can make in regards to why they dislike new Pokemon. I mean, what makes any of the newer Pokemon different from old ones? Can you actually spot anything that makes Tynamo more 'Digimon' like than something like... say Jinx, Nidoking, Lugia, Electivire, or many others?

Being a fan of both Digimon and Pokemon, it's not too hard to realize when one is a Digimon and the other is a Pokemon; it's pretty much common sense.

Anyway, I really don't have many desires for Gen VI because I'm okay with most of whatever they do... except a Fire/Fighting starter.
    hmm i dident say the Pokemon look excatly like Digiomon that currently exist in my other comment. i meant there designed in a similar way to digimon maybe thats not claar since eveyone seems to be confused by it. Anyyywayy i say they look more like Digimon casue they remind me of Digimon no other region has. Its mostly the more random colours variations(sigilyph) and a few more over the top humanoid lookning designs that look odd (tornadus) also i only think some of them look like digimon others i just think are strange looking.

yes its clear which is from pokemon and which is from digimon becasue they are in their respecive games, if they were mixed up it might not be so clear. Obviously we will never agree but this may help you understand why i think there "more digimon"

I want to see a pre-evolved calf Pokémon that can evolve into Tauros if it's male or Miltank if it's female. I also want to see a pre-evolved form of Bouffalant.
    Bellossom likes this.

Pt: 4468 9265 3433

Hmm, well perhaps some of the features removed from Generation 5 like not having to hold a button to run. It's a small change but it annoyed me for a while when playing Black/White. Perhaps also being able to continuously have the menu on the bottom screen which was also removed. Finally, something that was only in Generation 1 was being able to receive a Pokémon as a gift and then have it sent straight to a box. Beyond that, I'd like to end the rarity on "event" Pokémon and have them continuously available as downloadable content. I don't care if you have to pay or not, but it's increasingly annoying to have them as unobtainable. Also, if they're having Funfest medals again, make them online this time. 30+ people is VERY hard to organise.

I just came up with a move that may be a little bit stupid but anyway, here it goes:

Super Fire
    Type: Fire
    Power: 85
    Accuracy: 95

Hits super-effectively all the types that resist Fire attacks (Water, Fire, Rock, Dragon) and non-effectively the types who are weak against it (Bug, Grass, Steel, Ice).

A little strange, I know. I'm not even sure about the name. Meh.
    Bellossom and Kwame120 like this.

Hmm...Let's see...

-RSE Remakes (preferably with the Hoenn Battle Frontier)
    -A battle frontier in the main games
    -Some evolutions and pre-evolutions
    -old pokemon in the new games
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Id like if they did something similar with BW and had no old Pokemon available pre-E4. I just liked that the focus was mainly on new Pokemon in those games. It was a refreshing change.

Blog Entries

I would also like some kind of Battle Frontier again, too. I thought the PWT was a lot of fun and always cool to challenge all of the Gym Leaders in a tournament styled contest, but I loved the variety of the Battle Frontier. It wasn't always about the battling as it was the environment of the arena you were in. I could spend days changing from arena to arena and it never got stale. Something like the Frontier from Emerald or Platinum would be fantastic.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaibachaoschampion View Post
    Hmm, well perhaps some of the features removed from Generation 5 like not having to hold a button to run. It's a small change but it annoyed me for a while when playing Black/White. Perhaps also being able to continuously have the menu on the bottom screen which was also removed. Finally, something that was only in Generation 1 was being able to receive a Pokémon as a gift and then have it sent straight to a box.
    I have to agree with all of these. Being able to just turn on the running shoes was such a great development, and then they went and pulled it. I mean who the fuck ever wants to just walk. Running shoes I think are everybody's standard for movement before they get the bike and inside. I couldn't give half a shit about he C-Gear, and never have it on, so it is rather frustrating that in the Gen V games it just wastes the bottom screen. The lower screen we had in HGSS was by far my favorite. Even having the Poketch was better because it had some usable options such as counting steps and what have you. I'm still used to using the Start button to open the menu and not X or Y or whichever one it is, so it was nicer when it was just the default of the bottom screen.

The gift thing is something I don't even remember from Gen 1, but it would be very useful. Once I've caught 6+ pokemon, I'm never running around with only 5, so it is frustrating when I have to deliberately go back to the Pokemon Center and deposit a pokemon just to pick one up and then put it in the box.

Anyway for other stuff, I really enjoyed having a pokemon follow you in HGSS. Before playing I thought it was a pretty gimmicky thing, but I honestly felt more invested in the pokemon I was playing through those games with just because they were there running around with me. I don't think it'll be back, because it was just an added gimmick for HGSS and because it wasn't in BW I don't see them bringing it out of retirement, but I would be pleasantly surprised if they did.

But far and away above all, I really really really hope they stick to the sprite instead of polygon model. That's what makes the main series games for me. I just don't think most pokemon are things that look good 3D rendered. Things like fur or feathers aren't things that you really see on most pokemon, so they're just slick when rendered and look sorta odd, something that isn't bothersome when they're sprites or when you look at their artwork. It's fine for console games or spinoffs, and was the main draw of Stadium, but don't throw it into the main series. It won't make it look more mature or whatever the fuck you think it will, it'll ruin the ambiance. Yeah, that's by far my greatest desire for this and all future generations, that they stick to the design they've had from the start. They've shown they can improve upon it very well without discarding it, and I really don't see why people ever want the games to abandon the sprites they've always had.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What I want in Generation 6 is for the Generation 1 and 2 Pokémon to receive new cries I mean everyother Pokémon Generation 3-5 have nice sounding cries that don't make you cringe like Victreebel and some others. Umm I know this is weird but makeovers for Party Pokémon Sprites I think the Generation 1-3 Party Sprites don't have as much of attention to detail (not all though) as the ones from Generations 4 and 5. Also for Azurill to be made into a Water Type and for its gender ratio to be fixed to match that of Marill's and Azumarill's also its evolution method to be fixed to match something like this now this is just my personal opinion

1.Azurill evolves to Marill with high friendship (Which is currently the same)
    2.Marill evolves to Azumarill with the use of a Water Stone (The current one makes no sense whatsoever)

and it would kind of tie with the Pikachu Family as some people see Marill and its evolutions as there water cousins being that friendship then an evolution stone for both families
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 4th January 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

I'd personally like to see way bigger regions with bigger towns/cities and longer roads. Oh and also new Eevee evolutions!

The Science Overlord carboncopy's Avatar

I want a new type. Its overdue. And hoping for an extra region ( like sevii in fr/lg ). We need so evos and prevos of gen 5 pokes !

KYOGRE ! THE GOD OF THE SEA ! THE SLUMBERING GIANT !
    Did you Know that there is a Protein Called Pikachurin, As this Protien is Supposed to Be As Fast And Nimble As Pikachu ?
    For More Cool Science Facts Click Here.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I hardly see how we're "due" a new type. All of the proposed fan types fall into existing categories. They introduced two new types in gen II to balance out the type chart, and the ones they introduced made sense. Light and Sound, not as much. Those ideas have been floating around for years, and I'm sure GF is aware of them. If they wanted to introduce a new type, they could have done it a lot earlier, not wait an extra 10 years. While I do think the type chart could use to rearranging, I in no way see why people think we deserve a new type.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I don't think we need a new type, but I would certainly love to have one. Imagine all the possibilities: how it would relate to other types, and what inspiration it would have on Pokemon designs and moves.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th October 2012, 07:29 PM