What do you want in Gen 6? - Page 135
Page 135 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3563

Thread: What do you want in Gen 6?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you want in Gen 6?

I could imagine Game Freak design a region based on the Great Lake region or the Washington DC area to connect to the Unova region, something like Kanto and Johto. If it's not a neighboring region but a region that draws inspiration from a particular region in the US, the most probable candidates I could think of are: Florida, California, Washington (where the Nintendo of America HQ is), or Hawaii/Alaska.

The USA isn't the only possibility, there are 3 other possible avenues for Game Freak to choose from. Game Freak could decide to go back to Japan, which has 2 (or even 3) potential regions left. Game Freak also has the option of taking inspiration from other countries/continents like England, Australia, China, etc. Another possibility is to completely make up a region with no inspiration drawn from a real-life region, but I think that's the least likely to happen because there are so many real-life regions to take inspiration from.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Blog Entries

Personally I would like to see some kind of connection to the Hoenn region. Not remakes, they need to rid of that concept, but rather a new region to Hoenn like Johto to Kanto. Frankly the environment in Hoenn was my favourite, so it would be stellar to see them do something similar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Personally I would like to see some kind of connection to the Hoenn region. Not remakes, they need to rid of that concept, but rather a new region to Hoenn like Johto to Kanto. Frankly the environment in Hoenn was my favourite, so it would be stellar to see them do something similar.
    I too, would love to see a region share some sort of connection with Hoenn. I think that if Game Freak was to go back to Japan, they should create a region that connects to both Hoenn and Johto. Note the attachment at the bottom so you can understand what I'm saying.

pokejapan.png
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Blog Entries

While we're all talking about new locations and whatnot I thought of something: what about a time-travel gimmick? Let's say an area that transports you to the ancient past, where Fossil Pokémon could be found and taken back to the present. Or maybe even the not-so-ancient past, which would have elements crucial to the main storyline?

Or do we already have that? If we do, then I'd like another.

Aside from that, a Ghost Eeveelution would be welcome.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Only region that matter right now if they go back to Japan is Tohoku. Chigoku and Shikoku would need some serious enlargement to even be considered a full region, and besides, the region that connects Johto and Sinnoh is much more worthy in terms of the mythos. I would love to understand just the why its all connected, and perhaps even see if there's anymore of the Unown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    Only region that matter right now if they go back to Japan is Tohoku. Chigoku and Shikoku would need some serious enlargement to even be considered a full region, and besides, the region that connects Johto and Sinnoh is much more worthy in terms of the mythos. I would love to understand just the why its all connected, and perhaps even see if there's anymore of the Unown.
    Maybe Tohoku it would probably be the biggest Japan based Pokémon Region next to Sinnoh (Hokkaido). But on a more serious note do you think it would be received well due to the earthquake that happened recently in 2011. Continuing on if they were to do Chugoku or Shikoku they can maybe do one big region for both possibly like Kanto and Johto in the games.

What do you think?

Blog Entries

If we go back to Japan I would much rather have Tohoku as well. It would at least give them a chance to wrap up the last mysteries of both Sinnoh and Johto, and "perhaps" end the Japanese based regions of Pokemon (main series) on a satisfying and good note.

The one thing I will say on Chugoku and Shikoku, is that they might probably treated as in in-between point of Hoenn and Johto/Kanto considering the location. That would probably give Game Freak a bigger reason for certain remakes but I won't go there. If they went this route featuring both is better since they are rather small (especially Shikoku) on their own.

If I had to choose, I'd rather just have Tohoku though. Much bigger, much more myth & mystery in the games to work with.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

I've been a proponent of Tohoku being incorporated ever since the Sinjoh Ruins event. Admittedly, the mythology in connection to the Johto and Sinnoh legends is the main drawing point, but that's certainly enough for me provided that Game Freak actually have an encompassing mythology in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbull Lover 777 View Post
    Maybe Tohoku it would probably be the biggest Japan based Pokémon Region next to Sinnoh (Hokkaido). But on a more serious note do you think it would be received well due to the earthquake that happened recently in 2011.
    As long as the game didn't feature an earthquake, tsunami or a nuclear power plant, I don't see how it would create a problem. Tohoku is an integral part of Japan; it isn't some sensitive subject that no one dares to bring up. For the record, in late 2011 a Pokémon Center was opened in Sendai, which is in Tohoku.

Also, I would imagine that a Tohoku-based region would have its map rotated like in Hoenn's case. Tohoku being the basis of the region wouldn't necessarily be obvious to young players.
    Last edited by Silktree; 2nd January 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    While we're all talking about new locations and whatnot I thought of something: what about a time-travel gimmick? Let's say an area that transports you to the ancient past, where Fossil Pokémon could be found and taken back to the present. Or maybe even the not-so-ancient past, which would have elements crucial to the main storyline?
    I thought of something involving time-travel: what if the world is in great danger that will result in "the end of the world as we know it" and nothing/no one can stop it, unless the player travels back to a certain time to be able to stop what will eventually destroy the world and change the future? Might be "too dark", but then again, Cyrus wants to destroy the world so he can build it anew so eh.

I like time travel, I'd definitely approve of that.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

I would like to be able to join Team Rocket or Plasma or Galactic or Magma or Aqua. Or even when you beat the Champion, you get to be the Champion and accept challenges from trainers. Or a Frontier leader. Or what they did with Conquest and you get to play through stories of the Gym Leaders and such.

I want an improved evolution cutscene in the games. Something like the anime where you actually see the pokemon morph into its evolution. The one we currently have is unimaginative to say the least.

Ankh-Morporkian Citizen. The Patrician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow The Patrician On Twitter

In terms of locations, I'd like somewhere in which the weather conditions stayed the same for more than a single route such as two towns that were covered in snow all the time or a large section of the map for a desert. Designs can still be very varying even if the main theme is a desert; I think it would be worth looking into.

Also, I love the idea of a region having more than eight Gym Leaders and the player having to plan which to face. This would unfortunately mean that the region would have to be pretty linear but they seem to be a lot like that anyway.
    "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere great. Fall in love...a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and then change it again because nothing is permanent. Make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask you what you want to do with your life, you won't have to guess. You'll know."

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

A fire starter that isn't a fighting type.

Pokemon that evolve at decent levels making their final stages available before the E4. I think they noticed this was an issue in BW and threw in the Wargle and Mandibuzz into BW2. So hopefully they don't do that again.

Loopy SummerXBen shipper! ObliviaRangerLuvva's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow ObliviaRangerLuvva On Twitter Add ObliviaRangerLuvva on Google+
    Follow ObliviaRangerLuvva on Tumblr Visit ObliviaRangerLuvva's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post

I too, would love to see a region share some sort of connection with Hoenn. I think that if Game Freak was to go back to Japan, they should create a region that connects to both Hoenn and Johto. Note the attachment at the bottom so you can understand what I'm saying.

pokejapan.png
    Almia was missed off that map. Almia is meant to be a region based on that small sticking out it of where Sinnoh is based. I quote from Bulbapedia 'It could also possibly be located just south of Sinnoh, considering the shape of the region when compared to the inaccessible "tail" end of Sinnoh. This can be supported by the fact that Sinnoh is analogous to the real-world Hokkaido and if Sinnoh's geography is compared to that of the real Hokkaido, it appears to be missing a tail-like piece of land that Hokkaido has at its southwest, which Almia's geography bears a very strong resemblance to.'

Team Magma, Pokemon Pincher and Team Plasma member all at once and proud!
    I love Oblivia, and more importantly, UKULELE PICHU!
    http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDuD2FR~cFuT

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I want an improved evolution cutscene in the games. Something like the anime where you actually see the pokemon morph into its evolution. The one we currently have is unimaginative to say the least.
    I'd also like to see a sidequest involving a pokemon scientist trying to figure out more about Evolution, like trying to develop a way to see underneath the white glow that you see.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc